Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders (22471 Views)

Photos Of Township Hall Road, Igbaja Constructed By Kwara State Government / Shameful Faces Of Sango-Ota Township Roads - Guardian / Ongoing Construction Of Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by bigwig071(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2023
Wutinky:

You are wrong, there are real Lagos Indigenes who has nothing to do with those states you mentioned, why don't you add Kwara state join it then?
kwara state is for fulanis
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by SonOfDSoil01: 11:38am On Nov 28, 2023
huptin:

There are aworis also in Badagry not only egun...just to mention
you are very right, also wanted to add

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by dkidd: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2023
MMempire:
I no see benin names, so why benin dey claim say na dem first come lagos.
Educate urself. My forefathers of the Benin empire sacked and conquered ur forefathers in Lagos island in the 16th century and colonized and turned into our war camp "Eko" untill the white man came. How can u say Benin first came to Lagos. It was war and the better warriors conquered and colonized as it is with all wars. Stop trying to cause unecessary trouble. The Binis and Yorubas have and will continue to live in harmony with a lot of rich history between the two and people like u will not soil it.

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by chatinent: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu wasn't listed anywhere there.
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by haslaw(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2023
ajepako:

Ok..

My two home towns are there

Epe ( father's side, Ogumodede)

Ikorodu , mother's side ( Ikorodu Oga, ilu ti ko si alaaru, lol)

Lagos Island : my place of birth ( known as well)

However, Shomolu/Bariga is not there oo

So, I will make myself the ' founder of shomolu- Bariga niyen oo
grin grin

As e no get owner

Hahaha.. Very funny grin

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by bigwig071(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

You don't even have to waste your time educating those people.

Yorubas rule Lagos... check all the Governors.

There's nothing Igbos and Oba of Benin can do about it. Anyone who misyarn will be flogged.

Yorubas have now occupied the lands. Anyone unhappy about it should try nonsense. And get some sense grin
Yes like Fulanis are occupying kwara state
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Tunde835(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2023
Wutinky:

What has Igbos got do with this issue? when did Bini king become an Igbo man? are you drunk?
Nah it's true Ikeja was founded by an igbo man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Lapinski: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
spiSeyi:
What of Developers? is OP trying to tell us that the developers didn't create a compound not to of developing Lagos grin
Benin found Lagos, Yoruba dragged it from them and then Igbo now bought Lagos. Please, case dismiss

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by SonOfDSoil01: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Wutinky:

We all know you guys will adjust your propaganda when the Binis bring their own papers ..... who does know you pigs grin grin
why wait for binis, i thought you flat head are their spoke persons grin while not give us a detailed history since you have made it your life duty as a slave to the binis grin or you still think you are a majority tribe in this country? You will fovever be slave to the rest of us while you keep begging for your freedom grin Osu man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by ipobarecriminals: 11:43am On Nov 28, 2023
angry good.Tell that CHINEDU boy to go back to Anambra and contest/drag governorshipwith Soludo.
Wutinky:

We are only interested in indigenous Lagosians to rule themselves and not those who run away from their villages in Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti States. if you want to become Governor, go to your states and do so and leave Lagos matter for Lagos indigenes. Is this difficult for Yorubas to understand?

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by creativehubb: 11:44am On Nov 28, 2023
tollyboy5:

You didn't see some settlers came1600 from the thread? shocked
Where did you get your 700 years from?
Island parts, 800 years ago, Lagos island was a bushy, swampy area, nobody was there, aboriginal southwestern people and illaje communities live in hintherlands and core mainland, but island- Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Apapa, etc, were bush and swamp, Benin empire had boats and soldiers, they used the chanel via waterways into Lagos, seeking more trade routes to trade with the Portuguese and Europeans...and started collecting taxes. This is documented facts.

King Ado, a Benin Prince, is the first crowned Oba of Lagos, this shows you that Benin empire controlled Lagos, in it's formative years, the first crowned king of Lagos is a Benin Prince, installed there by Oba of Benin.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos#:~:text=Following%20its%20early%20settlement%20by,which%20means%20Lake%20of%20Curamo.

What the Oba of Benin stated it's fact...the Oba didn't say Benin founded all part of Lagos, he said the nucleus of Lagos, the island, where Marina is, Lagos island, down to Apapa, areas, the parts of Lagos facing the economic waterways.

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by forgiveness: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ok i get. That means Epe is lagos is not the only place called Epe. There is an Epe town in sagamu also, so Oga from Epe Sagamu founded ikorodu

Yes! There's Epe in Sagamu too.

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by SonOfDSoil01: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2023
ajailer:
Mushin looks like it used to be a place where humans were sacrificed then when you consider the name of it's founder.......Oduabore/ Aileru. That should roughly translate to "Oduabore(divination of human killers)/Aileru(we don't use slaves). To go there would have been scary then and even till now, the stigma still seems to hang on to it.

By the way, wetin be the ibos history. I am yet to know about their progenitors......

oh, I forgot that they are jews and their history is in the Talmud. grin grin
baba you go wait tire oo. Those ones are confused, while some are claiming jews, some are Osu grin very primitive people with no Empire or history of war fought and won...they have always been loosing in all front....set awon loser grin

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by ipobarecriminals: 11:48am On Nov 28, 2023
grin grin grin grin angry grin
SonOfDSoil01:
how is that your fathers business grin? Those people from ogun, oyo and the rest are they not yorubas with their brothers in lagos? Or you think Sw is like your primitive and backward region wherw Anambala man is seen has greater than ebonyi man grin with your herd and clannish mentality? No Osu man we are more liberal and sophisticated than that grin i am an aborigine of lagos and i am okay witb my fellow yoruba brothers holding any position, in as much as he is not a chinedu or emeka from eastern jungle grin
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Wutinky: 11:50am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
So Ijebu and Ilaje Egba are visitors in Lagos even with kings of their own in Lagos.

Ijebu and Ilaje are not Lagos Indigenes
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Basic123: 11:50am On Nov 28, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Dem no born Yoruba man well to flog Bini man

πŸ˜†.

If not that yorubas will see it has family affair and treat you as just a naughty kid bro...Ibadan alone is enough to deal with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by StJasper(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

And we are just to take your word for it, right?

He/she never said that.

You can counter her/him with your facts
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by richie240: 11:51am On Nov 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You cited notning. You are no authority. I can come up with my own too, but why bother

Do it quick or remain silent like ur oba!
cool

itsene:

That's because what he wrote is garbage.
This is a carefully woven revision geared solely for political outcomes.
Always be skeptical about political history.
It's not too late to come up with ur list to counter his 'gabbage'.
cool
ForestHill:
Writing names without data is a waste of information. What's your source?
For the benefit of doubt, let's agree he wrote jargonz. Please right the wrong by bringing ur own list together with the source.
Thank u.
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by itsene: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2023
MMempire:
That's because what he wrote is garbage.
This is a carefully woven revision geared solely for political outcomes.
Always be skeptical about political history.
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
FiraO9:

AfonjΓ  boy, I'm an Edo guy not Igbo, how many times will I use this to knock you on your conehead?

Everyone here knows you are a coward igbo boy ashamed of his own identity.

We don't blame you. No one proudly associates with cannibals, prostitutes and criminals.

But you can NEVER stop being Igbo. Just know that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by ipobarecriminals: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
angry angry dey DEVELOP am and leave their own to erosion
Tunde835:
I thought they were all founded by Igbos
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Basic123: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Dem no born Yoruba man well to flog Bini man

πŸ˜†.

If not that yorubas will see it has family affair and treat you as just a naughty kid bro...Ibadan warriors alone are enough to deal with you and it will not take them 30minutes

How many are you,just a small fraction of edo state πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by SonOfDSoil01: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Hotice085:

Fabels upon fabels, believe this gibberish you will believe anyy
eaya see pain grin or you thoughtvyou would see ihiala or awka local govt of lagos? Flat head what is your shared historyvor heritage witb Ragos grin if not that your ancestor have been a pessant migrant, that has been migrating just to come and sell gala and coke and phone charger in traffic. grin the only known history we know of nyamiris grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Basic123: 11:54am On Nov 28, 2023
ajepako:

Ok..

My two home towns are there

Epe ( father's side, Ogumodede)

Ikorodu , mother's side ( Ikorodu Oga, ilu ti ko si alaaru, lol)

Lagos Island : my place of birth ( known as well)

However, Shomolu/Bariga is not there oo

So, I will make myself the ' founder of shomolu- Bariga niyen oo grin grin

As e no get owner

You are not Igbo and you are not benin then you a LIAR!
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by tollyboy5(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2023
creativehubb:

Island parts, 800 years ago, Lagos island was a bushy, swampy area, nobody was there, aboriginal southwestern people and illaje communities live in hintherlands and core mainland, but island- Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Apapa, etc, were bush and swamp, Benin empire had boats and soldiers, they used the chanel via waterways into Lagos, seeking more trade routes to trade with the Portuguese and Europeans...and started collecting taxes. This is documented facts.

King Ado, a Benin Prince, is the first crowned Oba of Lagos, this shows you that Benin empire controlled Lagos, in it's formative years, the first crowned king of Lagos is a Benin Prince, installed there by Oba of Benin.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos#:~:text=Following%20its%20early%20settlement%20by,which%20means%20Lake%20of%20Curamo.
Where do you put ijebu kingdom?
Ijebu kingdom that got broken after war with the british b4 Epe, Ibeju-lekki and ikorodu were added to present day lagos?
Do you think its ony benin kingdom that existed?
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by itsene: 11:58am On Nov 28, 2023
Padipadi:
Interesting.

To buttress the facts by the op, Lagos (Lagos de curamo) is a Portuguese word meaning lakes. As you all know, Lagos has many lakes. Also, the word Eko or Oko means Farm. [b]Evidence: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos#:~:text=Lagos%20means%20%22lakes%22%20in%20Portuguese,%22%20and%20later%20%22Lagos%22.

Ancient Lagos was used for farming by Olofin who was the first ruler of Lagos before Ashipa. Both Olofin and Ashipa are Yorubamen. [/b]
The first Oba of Lagos is Ashipa a man from Awori tribe of Yorubas.
He went to Benin as a war Chief os he had dispute with Olofin, another Yoruba chief who was the ruler of Lagos at that time. Around this time, the Oba of Benin had trae routes from Benin to Lagos & probably saw it as an opportunity to annex Lagos cos it's a place where trade was booming at that time cos of it's nearness to the sea. It's to be noted that Ashipa had access to Benin palace via trade. So he was assisted with warriors who defeated Olofin. Ashipa, a Yorubaman became first king of Lagos and his descendants were kings till today.

So if the Oba of Benin that made recent talk must talk, he should only talk about the influence of Benin in Lagos and not that Benins owned or founded Lagos.
Lastly, Lagos is Yorubaland. The language, culture, tradition and everything is Yoruba and it's foundation is Yoruba. However at various points, it has mixed with other tribes. Eben in present day, Igbos, Hausas dominated some parts of the state and I hope in future, Hausas or Igbos won't come and lay some claims.

It's important to know history and understand history with common sense.
For Yorubas, a pdf of their history can be gotten here. It's named History of Yorubas by Rev Samuel Johnson. It's the most concrete do far as at 2023 AD. Forgotten Books
https://www.forgottenbooks.com β€Ί ...PDF
History of the Yorubas

The reason you are struggling is simply due to dishonesty. You are putting sentences together to support a point of view. This is politics, not history.
A yoruba chief in dispute with another yoruba chief runs to Benin for assistance, why?
There were warriors in ibadan, ife, oyo etc, why bypass them?
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Basic123: 11:58am On Nov 28, 2023
Wutinky:

You actually believe those weakest tribe in Nigeria can flog anybody? Even Fulanis are controlling them like slaves in Kwara State

Ojukwu made a mistake of not adding your parents to 3000 000 Igbo souls he wasted due to youthful exuberance in his early 30s before running with his own family to ivory Coast,honestly πŸ˜†

That was his only mistake,he was right in others πŸ˜†

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by SonOfDSoil01: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

You these small fries called Binis from Benin should watch your smelly mouths ! If you allow your senseless follies to drag you idiots to our attention,trust me,we will shredd you to pieces mercilessly ! It's funny how you think a tribe like the Yoruba people,who are renowned for their high level of intelligence,will ever lose track of their history ! We are always on top of our games.

Oh,you guys assumed that Yoruba people don't know their history because we've chosen to ignore you,one consequential Binis,all this while,right ? Trust me,if you really know who you're as a Bini man or woman,trust me, you'll hate your silly self ! Some of you are highly delusional,you claimed you founded Lagos,we presented verifiable facts to counter your claims, you claimed Aworis were Binis,the Aworis said their progenitor was a Yoruba man from Ile Ife;you kept on embarrassing your ogiso ancestors all over the internet ! Wetin dey even wori una ?! You think you can ever extend whatever influence you may have in Edo beyond the boundary of your tiny land in Edo state ?!
That we often ignore your excesses and gibberish you spew from time to time is because of the respect we Yoruba have for the Benin royal stool and that's because it belongs to us,one of our forefathers established the Eweka ruling dynasty which rules the city till today !

Take it or leave it, everything about Benin, from religion,art, culture,heritage,etc to the tittle, appellations and praise names of the Oba,is deeply rooted in Yoruba. Those are our signatures in Benin which you pained and insecure Binis can NEVER change ! Trust me,that man who sits,as your Oba in his palace, is a Yoruba man; that's your painful reality !

Now,counter the Op's claims with your own facts or remain dumber than you're already forever !

grin keep educating those flat head brother, the other day i was asking instead of yoruba cultural center in lagos, why not benin cultural center? Till date even their spokes person from the east of the niger, havent been able to answer that question, to imagin that tiny edo would want to face almighty yoruba? We no be una papa mate in all ramification cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Benin ruled over the enter lagos any yoruba slavs that want to claim rubbish will be flogged
Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
MMempire:

Those ones are clowns. People wey no know wetin dey worry dem.

1 Like

Re: The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Padipadi:
Counter attack space πŸš€ booked!

Benin ruled over the enter lagos any yoruba slavs that want to claim rubbish will be flogged

You're a small boy

Am a Benin guy and I will put your arrogance to calmness today

No oromiyan had anything to do with the benins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Guber: Confusion As PDP Produces Two Candidates In Parallel Primaries / Petrol Tanker Falls At Ogbomoso (Pictures) / APC Policy Agenda Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.