Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange (10665 Views)

NBC, Broadcasters To Unlock $20bn Into Nigeriaโ€™s Economy With Africast / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Omoapena(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2023
But come to think of it, if not that Africa as a whole is lagging in terms of technology, this would have been a very bad idea to buy shares from them, in the nearest future, there will be no use for crude oil finish products...

But because Africa is always lagging in everything, I guess there will a higher chance of making money through it...
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Babangidapikin: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2023
Great
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Wallade(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2023
Kenochi:
When we tell people that Dangote Refinery is starting next month,they think we are lying to them
Those of us who patrol this corridor are excited about the prospects which this project will unleash on the Nigeria and West Africa.
Pinnacle Oil (owners of the Largest Tank Farm in Lekki Free Trade Zone) is already bigger than some Tank Farms in Apapa,you might want to argue but I encourage you to visit and see for yourself.Don't be a doubter,visit the corridor and you will be amazed
Jezco Oil (Joeyzaza) is already building a massive warehouse/company in that corridor,not to mention the tens of company already in the Lekki Free Trade zone
Aliko Dangote will probably break into the top 20 richest people in the world with this project and listing it on the stock exchange is giving people opportunity to partake of this project
I encourage you reading this to consider getting a piece of property around Ibeju Lekki to Ode Omi if you can afford it because that location will be probably the most expensive property market in Africa in the next few years
I also hope the parasites in NNPCL are ready to dance naked because their free money is about to come to an end

Your analysis are encouraging and factual but the article indicated that the immediate plan is for production of diesel, DPK and ATK by December 2023.

However, you didn't consider a major issue. The major petroleum products used in Nigeria is Petrol (PMS), that is the major petroleum product we import in Nigeria. That product isn't among the products in plan for immediate supply.

That means we will still be importing PMS and supplementing it with the small quantity expected of Port Harcourt Refinery Coy.

They have not even adviced the public on the timeline for the production of PMS by Dangote Refinery.
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by johnjose68: 10:51am On Nov 28, 2023
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2023
Hmm mmmh.

Not too enthusiastic about his companies anymore.....

I pray other refineries come up because a Monopolistic Chokehold on any economy is a dangerous and evil thing.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by hotseat: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2023
We hope the refinery goes into production by December as announced.

This is so because the company had told the world that it would start production in July,2023 and now shifted it to December, 2023.

We equally hope that the PH refinery, BUA and others follow suit.

No more promise and fail!

We keep our fingers crossed!
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by SalamRushdie: 11:09am On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

How much you even get , na your type them dey talk

Dey play, you think say everyone is as cursed as your own lineage ? Well i own businesses too and I have many ideas I still need to build into business so such talk is not for me ...Stock exchange is for idealess men like you who need people like me to create businesses with your small money
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by adecz: 11:12am On Nov 28, 2023
Eyes don clear.

No more free dollars ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ from
Buhari and Mele Kyari... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

With This inflated figure of ๐Ÿ’ฒ20bn,
I nor go buy .

Dangote and his crookedness,
The cost of the refinery no pass ๐Ÿ’ฒ12bn.
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Hotice085: 11:17am On Nov 28, 2023
Any Nigerian that will buy into this take it from you are the greatest fool
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Calitoscassius(m): 11:18am On Nov 28, 2023
Godfullsam:

Don't be a pessimist

Let's be +ve for once.

Many of claimed that our currency cannot have any value because we are not producing anything.

We want to start producing refined crude oil for local consumption and export yet some of you still believe the Nigerian system won't let our currency to grow.

Haba now?!
Believe? grin grin grin grin grin grin that is like believing that pigs will fly. grin grin

Believes are not facts or real.
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by OZIOGU1: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Tribal champion and corn-veteran. Even though you a young veteran you already a corn-veteran and cassava legend.

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ which one be corn veteran again? una sabi give people name for this NL KAI grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Blakjewelry(m): 11:21am On Nov 28, 2023
Kenochi:

Let me repeat again,those Refineries will never work as long as Mele Kyari and his team are in that organisation
When atiku said he is going to sell it off many ignorant people were talking trash. the truth is, it is not only kyari but who ever heads that office from top to bottom. Change the guy and the next man go do exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by matify83: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2023
The refinery, expected to generate 27 million litres of diesel, 11 million litres of kerosene, and nine million litres of jet fuel, will source crude from various producers in Nigeria, including the countryโ€™s state oil company.

Reading this story on its face value, I can deduce that the refinery is not capable of producing PMS which is part of our present "Wahala".

They kept mentioning Diesel, kerosene and jet fuel while dodging PMS as if we are incapable of comprehension.

Let it not be that those speculating that the refinery's catalytic converter for PMS is still not up and running were saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Traevis(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Why so much fuse about an individual's refinery?
The Nigerian state owned three that are not working!
which should have been privatized ever since
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by waveman2: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2023
At least price of Nigerian produced goods will come down as a result of reduction in price of diesel.For transportation you can choose to use a diesel/cng power car.

Wallade:

Your analysis are encouraging and factual but the article indicated that the immediate plan is for production of diesel, DPK and ATK by December 2023.

However, you didn't consider a major issue. The major petroleum products used in Nigeria is Petrol (PMS), that is the major petroleum product we import in Nigeria. That product isn't among the products in plan for immediate supply.

That means we will still be importing PMS and supplementing it with the small quantity expected of Port Harcourt Refinery Coy.

They have not even adviced the public on the timeline for the production of PMS by Dangote Refinery.
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by eteebanky1: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

How much you even get , na your type them dey talk

See how you wash him, na mumu him be
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by SoNature(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Buffets reads a lot of books about investing, how many Nigerians dey read ... He doesn't invest anyhow and again did he tell you he never lost some ... Tomorrow Una go dey claim say una smart and una be graduate see as you dey talk

You will always write NONSENSE to defend absurdity. Go to your family and find out how many people who made money by investing in stocks and shares....that's if you have anyone like that in your family.

Most Nigerian stocks have no history of impressive long-term performance; this is the essence of this comment. In other words, with the way your druglord has destroyed the naira, buying stocks in Nigeria is taking a big risk.

I thought I would get a response from a sane fellow because I usually don't reply the homo erectus (you are too low to be considered a homo sapien) behind this moniker.
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by LagBlogger(m): 11:52am On Nov 28, 2023
remzytimer:
Go and ask people who are Dangote sugar shareholders despite the soaring price of sugar in the market, yet no dividend for them.

Ok what of dangote cement that pays good dividend even as cement prices are soaring?
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Caseless: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2023
Kenochi:
Adesina added that โ€œThese projects will reverse the huge sum the nation spends on foreign exchange, when you look at how much we import, it is about $57 billion worth of different products and we export only about $50.4 billion, so we have to balance that with about $7 billion and talking to them here, they showed us that they can have a domestic market of about $11 billion and that is an incredible market and that will save Nigeria about $9 billion dollars, a year from importing petroleum products, so this is huge for Nigeria and even for Africa as a continent.โ€

I just had to comment again,when we tell people the four Refineries owned by Nigeria will never work they think we are trying to slander NNPCL,hope you read where Mr Adeshina said that Nigeria imports 9 billion dollars of petroleum products every year,and some people believe that the parasitic elements in NNPCL will abandon this free money and repair those Refineries
Let me repeat again,those Refineries will never work as long as Mele Kyari and his team are in that organisation
When Dangote starts producing, we'll have enough for us not to be importing again. That old model is taken out. In fact, subsidy removal killed a lot of their dealings. Crude swap stopped. NNPCL is now partly owned by some investors or run like a private business with FG having some stakes.

You know NNPC holds some share of Dangote refinery, too.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Squirrel1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Godfullsam:

Don't be a pessimist

Let's be +ve for once.

Many of claimed that our currency cannot have any value because we are not producing anything.

We want to start producing refined crude oil for local consumption and export yet some of you still believe the Nigerian system won't let our currency to grow.

Haba now?!
they are the system that won't allow it to prosper lol
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by JimohMomoh: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kenochi:
When we tell people that Dangote Refinery is starting next month,they think we are lying to them
Those of us who patrol this corridor are excited about the prospects which this project will unleash on the Nigeria and West Africa.
Pinnacle Oil (owners of the Largest Tank Farm in Lekki Free Trade Zone) is already bigger than some Tank Farms in Apapa,you might want to argue but I encourage you to visit and see for yourself.Don't be a doubter,visit the corridor and you will be amazed
Jezco Oil (Joeyzaza) is already building a massive warehouse/company in that corridor,not to mention the tens of company already in the Lekki Free Trade zone
Aliko Dangote will probably break into the top 20 richest people in the world with this project and listing it on the stock exchange is giving people opportunity to partake of this project
I encourage you reading this to consider getting a piece of property around Ibeju Lekki to Ode Omi if you can afford it because that location will be probably the most expensive property market in Africa in the next few years
I also hope the parasites in NNPCL are ready to dance naked because their free money is about to come to an end

There is this impression being created that Dangote Refinery will not refine petrol as it was not clearly stated in the writeup
The Refinery is expected to start with the refining of Aviation fuel,Kerosene and Diesel
Petrol is to begin some months later,you can see it clearly written in this write up

https://www.nairaland.com/7845745/dangote-refinery-start-refining-petrol

You made some point but don't forget many people wrote more than this when Dangote was building the Obajana Cement plant in Kogi State.
The lives of Obajana Indegenes and Economy of Kogi in general did not improve instead it because worse.

Dangote loves monopoly and most of the petroleum products from that Refinery will be exported and profits used to pay foreign investors
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
otosa:
But don't forget that Nigeria systems is not working in that way, the more you look the less you see.

ipob
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Godfullsam:

Don't be a pessimist

Let's be +ve for once.

Haba now?!

he is an ipob
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Why so much fuse about an individual's refinery?
The Nigerian state owned three that are not working!

because ipob wish the refinery burn
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Fearyourcreator: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
SoNature:

You will always write NONSENSE to defend absurdity. Go to your family and find out how many people who made money by investing in stocks and shares....that's if you have anyone like that in your family.

Most Nigerian stocks have no history of impressive long-term performance; this is the essence of this comment. In other words, with the way your druglord has destroyed the naira, buying stocks in Nigeria is taking a big risk.

I thought I would get a response from a sane fellow because I usually don't reply the homo erectus (you are too low to be considered a homo sapien) behind this moniker.
Na must to buy Nigerian shares ni .. if you don't understand the .market leave it na ... Nawa ooo

Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by ufotunang: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
We thank God for this
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
joyandfaith

Igbodicool

phorget

bigpicture001

TINUBUISMAD

Chiefpriestt

ipob food don land
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Fearyourcreator: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
eteebanky1:

See how you wash him, na mumu him be
I see people abuse this too business men like say na over night them blow... Who is Dangote 1991 ... Even king Sunny sang with Abiolas name to be successful like him ... Who knows Adenuga those times ... But today na them dey ... It a lot of hardwork ... Today Jeff bezos and Elon musk are getting government contracts... Two decades ago are they getting it... How people hate on these guys today shows how stupid and idiotic many are .... No wahala Sha... Make them Sha dey Japa make we know those wey remain... Nigeria don't need cowards
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gadafii:
Almost 6 months later this refinery is yet to refine one liter of fuel and when people say the refinery wasnโ€™t ready as at when it was commissioned, but jut for clouts and propaganda agbado people call them names, Shey be next month is just few days from today

Insha Allah we will be here, not that we donโ€™t want Nigeria to work, but you canโ€™t continue to deceive the people continuously using the same lies and they wonโ€™t ask questions

Itโ€™s a thing of joy if this refinery works well and optimally, but lying about it readiness just to cite cheap political points is not it at all

you dont want nigeria to work
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Fearyourcreator: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Dey play, you think say everyone is as cursed as your own lineage ? Well i own businesses too and I have many ideas I still need to build into business so such talk is not for me ...Stock exchange is for idealess men like you who need people like me to create businesses with your small money
Lolzzzz... Werey say e get ideas... Ontop nairaland... Werey kpo for this country abeg go sell your papa property Japa go wash bumbum with your masters ... Nigeria no need you abeg
Re: Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange by Khyrvxjzy: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
j2man:
How will it affect average Nigeria

you no get papa

abi na dangote born you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ala Ajo/ Daily Contribution Business / An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM / Zenith Bank Shares For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.