Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) (1652 Views)

SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) / Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' / UNIBEN vs AAU Fight Dirty On Twitter.(see hilarious tweet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
A viral tweet has levelled an accusation at the South African Presidency that a recent speech by Cyril Ramaphosa was partly written by ChatGPT.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and the Presidency has confirmed it is “investigating the matter”. If true, it continues the legacy of a government that seems to outsource all of its responsibilities and thinking.

The 21 November speech delivered by the president was the subject of debate in a series of posts on X, which claim that the “thoughts about decolonising education”, were not the president’s or any of his speechwriters. Presidency spokesperson Vincent Magwenya strongly denies this, saying they do not use “AI tools for content such as speeches”.

Magwenya said the parts of the speech in question were written by the Department of Basic Education and provided to the office of the president.

Someone seems to be in big trouble as the Presidency now wants to see the draft of the speech from whoever came up with the very suspicious speech.

“The use of AI to produce speeches or any other material is unacceptable, and action will be taken should these reports prove to be correct,” said Magwenya.

YouTuber Roman Cabanac set fire to the speechwriting circle when he posted on X that he believes AI wrote Ramaphosa’s speech. Other X users jumped on this, and parts of the speech were vigorously checked for AI content with online tools.

Plagiarism checker software Scribbr pointed to an 89% chance that the section of the speech was generated by AI.

Not everyone is convinced there was AI involvement though. Jean le Roux, a research associate at the Digital Forensic Research Lab said that “although parts could have been written by AI, there are currently no tools that can reliably verify this”.

Le Roux said that Ramaphosa’s speech “may have been run through ChatGPT after writing to ensure correct grammar and facts. If this was the case, the text might be flagged by an AI checker, but Le Roux said this was a less objectionable way to use ChatGPT than developing entire sections of content through it.”

At this stage, any form of intelligence should actually be welcomed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by TheBillyonaire: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Since the launch of GPTs, almost every thing I wite professionally, is done by AI. AI is my alterself, my Avatar and I guide it as my baby, to do what the Bleep I want, and AI is loyal.

I see no reason people believe we must depend on our brain for everything, we should allow AI to do certain tasks, and focus on being creative.

I remember when schools did not allow students to use Calculator, because they believe that we wont be able to recover our brain capacity. Who the fucck wants to calculate with the brain?

Very soon, we wont be able to do without AI, and it is a good thing, we should figure out how AI can help us generate money, so we can have time for meditation, sex and laziness. Yes, laziness is a pleasurable lifestyle. A Lifetime is too short to be spent working the brain on trivial things.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by kkins25(m): 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Since the launch of GPTs, almost every thing I wite professionally, is done by AI. AI is my alterself, my Avatar and I guide it as my baby, to do what the Bleep I want, and AI is loyal.

I see no reason people believe we must depend on our brain for everything, we should allow AI to do certain tasks, and focus on being creative.

I remember when schools did not allow students to use Calculator, because they believe that we wont be able to recover our brain capacity. Who the fucck wants to calculate with the brain?

Very soon, we wont be able to do without AI, and it is a good thing, we should figure out how AI can help us generate money, so we can have time for meditation, sex and laziness. Yes, laziness is a pleasurable lifestyle. A Lifetime is too short to be spent working the brain on trivial things.

Same here!

4 Likes

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by Ereolamide: 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
I don't understand how what happens in South Africa concern Nigerians, do we've any connection I'm not aware of?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
As of today, AI-generated content cannot be differentiated from that written by human.

1 Like

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
PatrickOkunima:
As of today, AI-generated content cannot be differentiated from that written by human.

The perfection in texts and the use of word is outta the world
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
But then, this shouldn't be an issue, especially if the prompts he entered was a true reflection of what he had in mind
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by AzaHub(f): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
PatrickOkunima:
I disagree. Only that many writers have lost their creativity and originality. That's why we cant really differentiate many times.

I write and I can see the humanity in my original writings on my Hub Aza.ng - you should check it out.

Many thought AI will physically replace us. No. They will render us lazy and we will lose many values and originality.

Trust me. Follow me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
AzaHub:

I disagree. Only that many writers have lost their creativity and originality. That's why we cant really differentiate many times.

I write and I can see the humanity in my original writings on my Hub Aza.ng - you should check it out.

Many thought AI will physically replace us. No. They will render us lazy and we will lose many values and originality.

Trust me. Follow me.
Now, check your original text with zerogpt or any other AI text detector and show us a screenshot of the result.
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by AzaHub(f): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
PatrickOkunima:
Now, check your original text with zerogpt or any other AI text detector and show us a screenshot of the result.

Tell me how AI can write this and include the artistic emotions that convey the message from the author to the reader.

https://www.aza.ng/the-importance-financial-literacy-and-mastery-aza-hub-t939.html

Forget not that writing has connection between writer and audience. AI-generated stuffs lack spirit.

Trust me.
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by FinidiGeorge: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
So? What was the purpose of creating the AI in the first place if not to help with writing? AI this, AI that, as long as it can be edited professionally to suit the purpose it was meant for, it is not a problem. We humans are too problematic. Or were you blind and deaf when Chat GPT and other AI(s) were launched? angry angry
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
FinidiGeorge:
So? What was the purpose of creating the AI in the first place if not to help with writing? AI this, AI that, as long as it can be edited professionally to suit the purpose it was meant for, it is not a problem. We humans are too problematic. Or were you blind and deaf when Chat GPT and other AI(s) were launched? angry angry

We need to know the president & relevant ministries are speaking from the heart and in tune with the realities of society. Whats the purpose of him reading computer generated material to his people? Might aswell have siri address the nation instead.
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by Karlifate: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Homo sapiens will always find a problem to every [natural or man-made] solution. cheesy

If you check the history of mankind, you'll notice that whenever there's some tranquility, the inhabitants would suddenly generate chaos out of nowhere. cheesy grin
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by MrColdsweat: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
AzaHub:

Tell me how AI can write this and include the artistic emotions that convey the message from the author to the reader.

https://www.aza.ng/the-importance-financial-literacy-and-mastery-aza-hub-t939.html

Forget not that writing has connection between writer and audience. AI-generated stuffs lack spirit.

Trust me.
Affective computing says hello.

1 Like

Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by chariisGRACE(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

No be now wey AI dey sweet you.

No train your brain o. Stay.

Depend on AI.
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by MrBroke(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
chariisGRACE:

No be now wey AI dey sweet you.

No train your brain o. Stay.

Depend on AI.

AI is still a human brain. I wonder what people be saying
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by AzaHub(f): 5:02am On Nov 29, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Affective computing says hello.

It still cannot be like human. A true writer will know what I mean.

In fact, books have been described as a form of int[er]course between the writer and the reader.
Computer programs cannot exude real natural emotions.
I have even watched this movie: The Artifice Girl (2022)

Not human, never human!
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by Lovemeharder(f): 6:42am On Nov 29, 2023
The future is AI.
Re: Viral Tweet Claims SA President Ramaphosa's Speech Written By ChatGPT (PIX) by TrossardT: 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
Chemists have used algorithm generated proteins to cure many diseases, why is it wrong for one to use algorithm generated speech to alleviate ones deficiency in speech writing??
Why not?

It's time to embraced AI for what it is.

(1) (Reply)

Commonwealth Scholarship Interview Conducted In Abuja Last Year / Who Has Successfully Completed Uk Distance Learning Mba Programmes? / Second Batch Admission Into Federal College Of Education Oyo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.