Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans (18415 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by teewhyhomes: 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Contact us today @ Teewhyhomes for your next Real Estate investment.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by adenigga(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments.
Enough propaganda, lies , deceit........

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by fasbat(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:
The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has sought the approval of the Nigerian Senate for $8.6billion and €100million borrowing plan.

The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The request was said to be part of the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan approved by former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, according to the letter.

Tinubu explained that the projects to be funded with the loan cuts across different sectors of the economy, and were selected based on economic evaluation and the expected contribution to the country’s development.

The letter reads in part;, “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects.

“The Senate may wish to note that the past administration approved a 2022-2024 borrowing plan by the federal executive council (FEC) held on May 15, 2023.

“The project cuts across all sectors, with specific emphasis on infrastructure, agriculture, health, water supply, roads, security, and employment generation as well as financial management reforms.

“Consequently, the required approval is in the sum of $8,699,168,559 and €100 million.

“I would like to underscore the fact that the projects and programmes in the borrowing plan were selected based on economic evaluations as well as the expected contribution to the social economic development of the country, including employment generation, and skills acquisition.

“Given the nature of these facilities, and the need to return the country to normalcy it has become necessary for the Senate to consider and approve the 2022- 2024 external abridged borrowing plan to enable the government deliver its responsibility to Nigerians.”

In August, the National Assembly approved President Tinubu’s request for over $800 million loan to finance the National Social Safety Network Programme.

The National Assembly had also approved the 2022 Supplementary Appropriations Act of N819 million “for the provision of Palliatives to Nigerians to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal”.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/28/president-tinubu-seeks-senate-approval-fresh-86billion-eu100million-loans-amid-nigerias
borrowing spree all over again,they have successful and wickedly finished this country! It's a pity
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Andyfelix(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
[I laugh in igede language..diz govt na d worst since I was bornquote author=Xscape1993 post=127211285]I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by gaskiyamagana: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has sought the approval of the Nigerian Senate for $8.6billion and €100million borrowing plan.

The request was said to be part of the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan approved by former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, according to the letter.

Tinubu explained that the projects to be funded with the loan cuts across different sectors of the economy, and were selected based on economic evaluation and the expected contribution to the country’s development.

The letter reads in part;, “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects.

“The Senate may wish to note that the past administration approved a 2022-2024 borrowing plan by the federal executive council (FEC) held on May 15, 2023.

“The project cuts across all sectors, with specific emphasis on infrastructure, agriculture, health, water supply, roads, security, and employment generation as well as financial management reforms.

“Consequently, the required approval is in the sum of $8,699,168,559 and €100 million.

“I would like to underscore the fact that the projects and programmes in the borrowing plan were selected based on economic evaluations as well as the expected contribution to the social economic development of the country, including employment generation, and skills acquisition.

“Given the nature of these facilities, and the need to return the country to normalcy it has become necessary for the Senate to consider and approve the 2022- 2024 external abridged borrowing plan to enable the government deliver its responsibility to Nigerians.”

In August, the National Assembly approved President Tinubu’s request for over $800 million loan to finance the National Social Safety Network Programme.

The National Assembly had also approved the 2022 Supplementary Appropriations Act of N819 million “for the provision of Palliatives to Nigerians to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal”.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/28/president-tinubu-seeks-senate-approval-fresh-86billion-eu100million-loans-amid-nigerias
BUHARI AND BORROWING 5
TINUBU AND BORROWING 6
BUHARI -- TINUBU AND BORROWING ARE
5 AND 6
IN 2015, WE MOVED FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE IN 2019. NOW 2023 , WE ARE MOVING FROM FIRE TO FURNACE.
WHO AND WHAT WILL NOT MAKE ME JAPA , EVEN TO GHANA?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Exceed15: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nigeria is gone.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by gaskiyamagana: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Usmanovic95:
Nigerians: Buhari is the worst president in history,anybody will perform way better than him.

BAT: Hold my beer 🍻.
Buhari borrowed and retained SUBSIDY, was he not better than TINUBU who despite removing SUBSIDY and want to borrow even more than what Buhari borrowed?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by BreakingNews21: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
How can it be fresh borrowing when it was already approved thru 2024?
I didn't see any fresh supplemental debt request in the article. 😕
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by pharmagba: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments.

Yet, you couldn't criticise but only engage in name calling
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ottersberger(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
We warned you, didn't we?. Now, this only the beginning.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ogbonti: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:
$8b dollars. shocked

How we go take pay back? Are we borrowing from World Bank or IMF?

As you are asking this intelligent question - of how will we pay back ? know that a drug baron is taking these loans - a career criminal is taking these loans on our behalf - a man with zero integrity is taking these loans - a man who forged a certificate is taking these loans - with zero oversight on how these loans will be spent - a man who says it’s his turn to raid the treasury is taking these loans- a man whose son has no job, yet bought an $11 million mansion in London which he doesn’t live in is taking these loans - a man who has no blue print for our economic development other than snatch it, grab and run away with it, is taking these loans - a man who said na statistics we go chop? showing he disregards empirical analysis and fundamentals of strategic financial and economic index is taking these loans - a man who will not be around in the next 10 or 20 years when future generations of Nigerians will be saddled with huge debt repayment which could span another 50 to 75 years to pay back is taking these loans in our name… and everyone is zombified and quiet like we are all collectively hypnotized by the little rascal of Iragbiji; the Onijibiti Onijaguda Oniwerre of Eko

When all is set and done, our kids and grand kids will ask us one simple question

grandpa, grandma - what did you do or say when Buhari and Tinubu was burying our future in debt ? we will look down and tell them - we were cowards; blinded by ethnic and religious sentiments - so we turned the other way insulting a certain Igbo man called Obi who dared to question the common sense in borrowing away your future to be eaten by maggots in a certain party called the APC and we spent countless hours, days and months insulting him and his followers while the thieves at the helm robbed away your future and laughed at our collective stupidity because of the ease they could shove their philosophy of hate, deeply rooted in the the emilokan tribal nationalism mantra down our throats and we swallowed it hook, line and sinker 😟

My prayer is may our grand kids and great grand kids not look at, and spit on us in disgust because we were busy chasing rats while the roof was on fire

A word is enough for the wise

kachineke me eziokwu 🧐
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by mastermaestro(m): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Start working your exit from this country if you have the means. Don't waste anytime. The future, the future, the future...
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Smartguyboy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:

Why do we keep borrowing money like this does mean we don’t produce anything in this country.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Brushstrokes20: 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
👀👀👀Dammmmmmmmnnnn it
eBOLA and cohorts are insatiable THIEVES!💯
These unrepentant bunch of self serving crooks are hell bent on sinking the country undecided
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by sanya4good(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
A good parent bequeaths properties and investments to their children and not debts.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by descartes400: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
This should be straight RED CARD of rejection from the senate but I'm afraid we have a confirm crook in the hem of the senate leadership
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Akinkunmi009: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
I just wish this people never remove fuel subsidies 🥲
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Splashme: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Borrowing to spend on themselves
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Kaiser20: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu Agbados make you people come to see una Oduduwa president and Buhari pro max Olodo Amoda Tinubu
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Paramount01(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:

Really!?

Yes,just like.the debt of Dangote, he has almost finish before he even open his refinery
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by lomprico(m): 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
What of the trillions and quadrillions saved from subsidy removal?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Stonecoldstare1: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Relocation sales. Buy and drive. Toyota Corolla 2011 model. Location is Ajah.. 2.3m(negotiable)... sweet deal.

Tag to discuss DM for pics,for sone reason my moniker can't load pics
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Bimpe29: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Renewed Hope
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ColonelMichael: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

PDP is satanic!

LP is Lucifer's Party!

grin

And prophet mohammed is a pig, allah is a demon dog, as Islam is a form of mental illness.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ojonugba2014(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mr president. Please borrow 500 billions next Time.
We never see anything. We are just getting started.

That sense some people refused to have must be installed by Force through hunger and abject poverty.

My prayer remain fixed. God abeg, Just let all this to favor me ND my family. Nigeria as a country no concern me again. I don comot my hands.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by lastkingsman: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
ednut1:
Cash out lol

Fresh looting grin

But who dey give us these loans self?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by sholight: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
nawa oo.. no infrastructural development, no productivity and they keep on borrowing, no accountability on the subsidy fund removal. They are just crafted at impoverishing the people while the masses sit back and watch the country drown. God save Nigeria!
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Klogo: 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nah so so borrow borrow. SMH!

Meanwhile, Enjoy free browsing on all websites.Enter referral code 715C48AF55AA

NB: Without referral code, you won't receive free browsing.

Get it here: https://reachout.chat
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Kcdojoto(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tell that stupid man that he is crazy
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Blackdisciple(m): 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Lolzzzz
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by forgiveness: 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Paramount01:

Yes,just like.the debt of Dangote, he has almost finish before he even open his refinery

Great news. Any link?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Bfly: 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
We are even tired of this kind of development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit / Thugs Attack Benue PDP Governorship Aspirant After Church Service / Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Demolition Of Buildings Commences Saturdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.