Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans (18406 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by JustPowerApps(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Another massive cash out for politicians shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by stormborn28(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments.

The man call Tinubu Bola is a shameless man..after removing subsidy, he is still neck-deep in borrowing.. Money that will be looted by him and his cronies

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by just2endowed: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Chetas81:
IDIOT CITIZEN CANNOT FIGHT IDIOT LEADERS

lead the protest first
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Chetas81(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
just2endowed:

lead the protest first
shithole don't need protest, to be better than this
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by garriAndsugar: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hope Seyi tinubu is aware of what thief tinubu is collecting because na him go pay am last last

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by pipnator00(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na wao! No who still dey give us loans sef?
Them never tire for us?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by tojahh(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na statistics we go chop? grin
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Available9: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
MEEVEET:

How do you think they share money if not stupid projects like this

Do you know anyone who has received the conditional cask transfer ?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Chetas81(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:
The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has sought the approval of the Nigerian Senate for $8.6billion and €100million borrowing plan.

The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The request was said to be part of the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan approved by former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, according to the letter.

Tinubu explained that the projects to be funded with the loan cuts across different sectors of the economy, and were selected based on economic evaluation and the expected contribution to the country’s development.

The letter reads in part;, “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects.

“The Senate may wish to note that the past administration approved a 2022-2024 borrowing plan by the federal executive council (FEC) held on May 15, 2023.

“The project cuts across all sectors, with specific emphasis on infrastructure, agriculture, health, water supply, roads, security, and employment generation as well as financial management reforms.

“Consequently, the required approval is in the sum of $8,699,168,559 and €100 million.

“I would like to underscore the fact that the projects and programmes in the borrowing plan were selected based on economic evaluations as well as the expected contribution to the social economic development of the country, including employment generation, and skills acquisition.

“Given the nature of these facilities, and the need to return the country to normalcy it has become necessary for the Senate to consider and approve the 2022- 2024 external abridged borrowing plan to enable the government deliver its responsibility to Nigerians.”

In August, the National Assembly approved President Tinubu’s request for over $800 million loan to finance the National Social Safety Network Programme.

The National Assembly had also approved the 2022 Supplementary Appropriations Act of N819 million “for the provision of Palliatives to Nigerians to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal”.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/28/president-tinubu-seeks-senate-approval-fresh-86billion-eu100million-loans-amid-nigerias
When a stupid government is elected in a democratic country, the best thing about this is that you learn the number of stupid people in that country!
Mehmet Murat ildan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by wonlasewonimi: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Shebi the loan sharks would start putting their obituaries on Facebook.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by blueAgent(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
kettykin:
My advice to tinubu, please use the loans to buy printers from Germany and bring to Nigeria and start printing naira. Anything short of this is waste
What's the gain from this your suggestion?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
kettykin:
My advice to tinubu, please use the loans to buy printers from Germany and bring to Nigeria and start printing naira. Anything short of this is waste

That will be an unwise thing to do sir.

Printing more money will not solve our problem
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Daystar7: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
sulaak:

Subsidy removal was to stop further borrowing, but Buhari, Tinubu and APC have run the country to ground that they need to borrow to pay debt and fund imports for consumption. The country lacks the capacity to generate foreign exchange due to oil thief.

Pls stop making excuses for Tinubu by blaming Buhari, it makes no sense. He brought Buhari to power and told us it is his turn. He's the president now isn't he? Everything that goes right or wrong is solely on him and this right here is very bad! Our economy is dying and borrowing destroys our economy further and weakens the Naira. Where's the Trillions they saved from Subsidy and the recent repatriated Abacha's loot? Where's our internal IGR?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by MEEVEET: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Available9:

Do you know anyone who has received the conditional cask transfer ?
They are setting up the parameters to use it to steal money
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by blueAgent(m): 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Siberia01:

Nigerians are Rich people I don't see why the government should go about shamelessly borrowing money from others..
There are alot of billionaires
Dangote, adenuga, cubana , ibeto .. bua
Littered across the country..
If you check out the social media space especially tiktok
You see Nigerians spraying huge money in parties and wedding...
Even Davido can easily cough out 8 billion dollars

Do you know what, 8billion dollars is?
Joker
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by stormborn28(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
waveman2:
So subsidy removal could not stop our borrowing.This shows that subsidy was never the problem.Well I hope the masses will see the impact of the borrowing and it won't end up in some people's pocket.

Some years back I argued this very thing with some shameless nairalanders that complete removal of subsidy won't stop government from borrowing.. They saying it will and more development will come with subsidy removal... The shameless idiots won't come and defend this day light robbery

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Burruchaga71(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
DRUGGIE, Nigerians are not dumb, We have higher IQ than you . You mentioned projects without listing them because there are no projects. What about the savings from petrol subsidy? What about the US$3B borrowed by CBN to stabilized the Naira? DRUGGIE , you gonna go down as the biggest fraudster in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by jaxxy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
Loan loan loan nobody checks to see the spending of the past loans collected? No question or follow up on how it's been utilised.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by UptownVibes(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
Baba borrow and loot. Na "ur time" bought with money..
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
Paramount01:

Are u aware we are almost done with the railway miney we borrow

Really!?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by panpan(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
When the federal government takes external loans, they are indirectly taking money from the Nigerian population through naira devaluation, increase in the price of petroleum products, and general inflation.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Sermwell(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
waveman2:
So subsidy removal could not stop our borrowing.This shows that subsidy was never the problem.Well I hope the masses will see the impact of the borrowing and it won't end up in some people's pocket.
If you believe it won't end up in people's pocket, them I'm the president of America! grin
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by lexrichy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fresh 8.6 billion angry grin
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Qc1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Offpoint1:
Ok

I want to sell this out, Brand new....

Payment on delivery ( Lagosians ONLY)
25k, NEGOTIABLE

If you live outside lagos, I dey collect my money first.

I'm interested in size 47.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Okoroawusa: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Racoon(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
The crooked government have been saving trillions from subsidy but as usual kept on the borrowing spree. You won't see their regular mummified zombies on threads like this one

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by dayo20002002: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
This government and borrowing
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Offpoint1: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Qc1:

I'm interested in size 47.
No 47 Boss... Biggest size is 46
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by WorldRichest: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments.

Take your drugs oooooo. The psychiatric hospitals are full already. If you go nakked at the market square, Ogun go just kill you quick quick
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Way4orward: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
What they have already approved.

One day all this game will stop.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Truths9ja: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
Another loan collection again, Na big Wahala be this oooo. It’s very unfortunate that the set of leaders at the centre are bereft of ideas to change our economy to the best economy in the world. Their democracy is about collection of loans why Nigeria people continue to suffer and poor too. Very sad 😞
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Bigmospa: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
seguno2:

So why is PDP not taking advantage of APC’s fuckup to gain more followers on its side
what diff will it make when the votes won't count?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) / Governor Bindow Jibrilla Inside A Keke (Photos) / Abdulsalami Abubakar Installed As The Chancellor Of PAMO University Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.