Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments (33482 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / President Buhari, VP Atiku, Sanwo-olu, Others Mourn Lateef Jakande / Gov El-Rufai Receives Former VP Namadi Sambo In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Obakoolex(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
H.E Atiku, Involve my company to advertise the institution....our clients can testify
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Burob: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
Morbeta11:
Who get money to pay in dollars
Definitely not me, either Euros, or Pounds sterling, then you can call my accountant to count me in.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by ipobarecriminals: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
grin cause u are busy LOOTING the country

2 Likes

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by sallazlee(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
To pay the school fees for federal tertiary institution na war, not to talk of AUN.

This man want to relivant to force

2 Likes

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Tareq1105: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Funds that he could have channeled into the university, he was busy spending it on politics, and still lost all through!

Peter better learn from Atiku`s predicaments and channel his funds into cat-fish farming, instead of showing-up again in 2027 and 2031.

He doesn't know that university education required continuous funding.

The management of the university must have learned from Atiku the way he too was wasting resources of Nigeria when he was VP.

This is indeed a signal that the university would suffer sustainability and continuity after the founder is gone someday.

I just hope salaries aren't owed as staff of Gotel Radio and TV stations in Adamawa are experiencing.

Atiku, there's no profit in running private Universities. Those religious based universities are on continuous funding by the religious bodies that established them.

Enough of political financial reckless spending and concentrate on the growth of the university.

9 Likes

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Newton2024: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Blakjewelry:
Na high school fee go fall that school, yes it is one of the best in the country but if you hear price. I applied 2006 and was accepted but when I see money wey dey involved I run.
Location is another problem the University is having. Northeastern states are not as secured as Southwestern states. Private universities are flourishing here unlike in the North. Sociocultural mindset of northerners is another issue. Those people want almost every thing for free.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Blue3k(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
Who are the board of trustee's? Why haven't you gone to them to share your displeasure?
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Menclothing: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
This man is a bigger failure such Uni should be located in Abuja u want rich men to send their kids to Adamawa
You can’t manage one company u wan mange Nigeria free money don master u

2 Likes

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by osuofia2(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
AUN is among the best Private unis in Nigeria but the location of university is the problem. They have standard

3 Likes

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Funds that he could have channeled into the university, he was busy spending it on politics, and still lost all through!

Peter better learn from Atiku`s predicaments and channel his funds into cat-fish farming, instead of showing-up again in 2027 and 2031.

Read
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Chasito(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
The school fees is f*king expensive, and the location safe no too make sense.

1 Like

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Archtype(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Just that like one that had 150 cows for decades and failed as a President for 8years this one will also fail, if you can't manage your own is it the whole country that you can manage? We always have pointers to would be failed leaders but we always chose to ignore them
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by ofuonyebi: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
poor leadership...
poor management

corrupt management..... abysmal failure
remember OBJ's MY WATCH??

Go ! ask ATHIEF-KU!

1 Like

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Afamed: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
You simply cannot run Peter to pay Paul

As a custom officer, where did you get billions to build such university?

ASUU was on strike when you built your private university while serving as Vice President same thing with Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by WantsandMore: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
Setup a Board of directors to oversea the activities of that school, any employer that refuses to attract grants or any any contributions in form of ground breaking research, patents etc doesn't deserve a seat imo.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by na2016: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Keep silent. What he means there is the fact the university is giving return on investment. I am sure the university still relies on him for overhead when they should be self running.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by xtervaganza(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Cant even properly run a university but wants to run Nigeria

Ode ole

1 Like

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by DDIA: 12:31am On Nov 29, 2023
jkpbestseries:
But you think, you can make Nigeria stand. Many of these people don see country catch put. I recommend NO LONGER AT EASE
You dey like 34 -35years… hope say you don marry.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Besuccesful: 12:57am On Nov 29, 2023
I left lagos to work in AUN in 2016. It’s one of the best university in Nigeria but it is not for the poor. The poor man son or daughter in that school are on scholarship. If you have the money it’s not a bad university to learn.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by wink2015(m): 1:09am On Nov 29, 2023
DLSReigns:
Oga focus on your university and leave politics alone. The Buhari template may not work for you.

You are absolutely correct.

The Buhari template that made people to vote for Buhari died with Buhari.

Infant, Buhari killed the hope and trust people had for his government.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by YoshihideSuga: 1:33am On Nov 29, 2023
GloriousGbola:

as you thief from nigeria, your staff dey thief from you

enjoy the society you helped create

So, how come people don't steal from the likes of Covenant and Babcock? Even Baze is doing well (at least before Datti entered politics).
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by YoshihideSuga: 1:36am On Nov 29, 2023
Newton2024:
Location is another problem the University is having. Northeastern states are not as secured as Southwestern states. Private universities are flourishing here unlike in the North. Sociocultural mindset of northerners is another issue. Those people want almost every thing for free.

You made a great point. The problem isn't the school or Atiku, but the location. No one in the south will consider aun when there are equally good private universities in the south west and increasingly in the south east. His target market is in southern Nigeria, not northern Nigeria. If that school was in Calabar, e for sell market.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by YoshihideSuga: 1:38am On Nov 29, 2023
Besuccesful:
I left lagos to work in AUN in 2016. It’s one of the best university in Nigeria but it is not for the poor. The poor man son or daughter in that school are on scholarship. If you have the money it’s not a bad university to learn.

Covenant and Babcock and even ABUAD aren't equally for the poor, yet they get a lot of applicants. The problem isn't cost, but location. His target market are southerners, who will rather send their children to those schools I mentioned rather than send them to the north.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by obaidan: 1:57am On Nov 29, 2023
u sure say u wan give back with weytin u dey charge? most people wey fit afford that tuition go prefer go pay that money abroad.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Airoflaw(m): 2:06am On Nov 29, 2023
Bring it to southwest
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Sirianese: 2:36am On Nov 29, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Mumu na you lose na, you no know?! Na ya descendant go turn to alabaru and labourer for Oduduwa Republic, while ya sponsors own go dey sniff drug for New York City grin
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Ayatullah(m): 3:05am On Nov 29, 2023
When Atiku Abubakar start talking like this, that means a massive sack of staff of the university is in the making.

He sacked a lot of staff the last time Buhari beat him at the polls, before relocating to Dubai.

There is also the possibility of his handing off the university totally.

A situation of a financially stressed Atiku we are witnessing.

The rich also cry.

Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Godson1996: 3:41am On Nov 29, 2023
Sundaland:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/19-years-after-my-varsity-not-yet-standing-says-atiku/%3famp

After 19 years yet crawling! When the head is rotten, nothing good comes out.

See the progress Covenant University is making, every year they announce new groundbreaking records. That's the mark of leadership. Yet Atiku want to rule Nigeria when his vision can stand under his watch.

After 29 good years nothing to show, no problem solved in the society. What's the essence of the University now?
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Caseless: 4:16am On Nov 29, 2023
Sundaland:
Just trying to figure out why the institution in Nigeria was named American University instead of Atiku Abubakar University.

Who knows?
we have universities with such names in other countries. Don't know why this was named so. Maybe he partnered with some Americans.
Re: 19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments by Kobicove(m): 4:29am On Nov 29, 2023
Sundaland:
Just trying to figure out why the institution in Nigeria was named American University instead of Atiku Abubakar University.

Who knows?

I think he is using a franchise licence which is issued by the original "American University"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu Leading In Latest NOI Poll / New Service Chiefs: 100 Military Generals May Be Retired / Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.