Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Life Of An Okada Rider - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Of An Okada Rider (1239 Views)

Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? / The story of an Okada Man -There Is Dignity In Labour / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Top of the day to everyone here, special regards to okada riders and people who transport themselves using okada as a means of transportation.
If I'm not going to exaggerate, whenever you are on an okada, you have a higher chance of getting killed or injured than someone in a vehicle.(Please let's play safe out there)
On the 15th of November 2023, I sold my laptop just to raise money in order to get a bike on hire purchase make man dey use guide as work no dey.
On the 18th of November 2023, I got the bike on hire purchase with a very good man who I see as a father standing as a guarantor for me in other to get the bike.(I no get any family member for here, na OYO I dey)
On 20th November 2023, I started hustling with the bike, sadly I ran into loss that day because I was extorted by some police officers for dropping someone in front of police station(2k wey I don make that day, Dem collect am for my hand), I went home with just 200#.
On 21 November 2023, I say make I manage the small fuel wey dey to get little change, in 2 hours time I don make 1k after I buy fuel of 2litres. On my way home to find something chop, I see person carry😭, on our way, the most scariest and most frightening moment of my life occurred, a speeding vehicle ram into us and if I'm not mistaken I saw an angel, not a good angel to see but angel of death. Well I woke up on an hospital bed, some good Samaritan took us there. May those people be BLESSED wherever they are even though the other passenger gave up the ghost(May your soul rest in peace sir, may your family be consoled).
On 28 November 2023,I'm back home from the hospital,helpless and hopeless because 1.my source of income is damaged(the bike is badly damaged😭)
2.my leg is no longer balanced( na tamurege I dey do now)
3. Hunger wan kill me( may those nurses be blessed beyond measures, I was fed by them for a WHOLE WEEK I was there, I hope to go back to say ? thank you one more time and show my appreciations soon)
4. The thought of the dead man(the man I carried), my mind has not been stable, I'm feeling a weird sadness to the extent of wanting to kill myself because I think I have blood on my hand.
5. How to pay monthly payment for the bike and I don't want to disappoint the hirer as this is even the first payment I will make, I don't want to come across as an untrustworthy person(their is a clause in the agreement which states, " payment to be made monthly irregardless of any circumstances"
Let me not bore you with much details, I'm just wishing every okada rider and passenger safety and please car drivers should be gentle with us because should an accident occur, the tendency of the driver getting injured is low and minimal( the man that hit us didn't stop, he escaped, I'm sure the only loss he will bear is the damages to his car unlike the passenger i carried who paid the ultimate price and I whose bike got damaged and my body damaged as well. Na food we dey find, make we no find wetin go use us as food. And please okada riders too should be careful, stop feeling like a ghost Rider, small fall like this, na your body go hear am or make you even kpai, life na one, abeg reason your loved ones wey go miss you if you kpai.
Abeg house, na una help I need.
1. Can I please get a mechanic to repair my bike but I have no money on me now( I will be paying little by little when I start using the bike again, we fit go station go sign agreement or you can tell me your conditions please)
2. Can I please get a job to do so as to pay the monthly payment and if possible repair the bike.My qualification na BSC in Political Science(I fit run any job abeg🙏)
My Location is IBADAN, OYO STATE.
May you all be safe out there and may you never experience any form of accident.

7 Likes

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by 1TrippleCee: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Do you know that i saw this would happen.

I knew this was going to be the exact outcome.

It was an avoidable scenario. However you had to take deep lessons.

One of the lesson life wants you to take is

Evaluate risks

Appreciate jobs when you get it. And do not continue to talk down every opportunity. This was a risk you could have avoided completely.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Maj196(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hmm, this one strong shocked

4 Likes

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Do you know that i saw this would happen.

I knew this was going to be the exact outcome.

It was an avoidable scenario. However you had to take deep lessons.

One of the lesson life wants you to take is

Evaluate risks

Appreciate jobs when you get it. And do not continue to talk down every opportunity. This was a risk you could have avoided completely.
Many thanks sir, I have learnt that lesson the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Meerahbel: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
cry

Here's a WhatsApp job group
https://chat(.)whatsapp.com/CTbF7wWh8XHCmWr7ToIeha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
The okada should be banned completely
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Meerahbel:
cry

Here's a WhatsApp job group
https://chat(.)whatsapp.com/CTbF7wWh8XHCmWr7ToIeha
I'm grateful ma, I really appreciate mam.

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Maj196(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
The okada should be banned completely
That would lead to a butterfly effect. Crime would be on the high

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Meerahbel: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
wink
Temmytayor90:
I'm grateful ma, I really appreciate mam.
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Starboytwo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
I will pray for you tonight, may God heal you bro and something good will happen to you.

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by 1TrippleCee: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
Temmytayor90:
Many thanks sir, I have learnt that lesson the hard way.

May God forgive me not pressing you harder to not push with thay agenda.
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by maestro299: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
Sorry bro.

3 Likes

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Dubetex96(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
I sympathize with u my dear broda.

Life as an ordinary Nigeria is hard not to talk of a life of a graduate in this country it is really frustrating pressure to succeed won't let u have peace of mind.

I generally believe that as a man what ever u should be thinking is about not seeing your self in poverty state.

I pray u soon get job to settle your debth i could have drop something for u but me self dey no see road clear.

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
maestro299:
Sorry bro.
Thank you boss
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dubetex96:
I sympathize with u my dear broda.

Life as an ordinary Nigeria is hard not to talk of a life of a graduate in this country it is really frustrating pressure to succeed won't let u have peace of mind.

I generally believe that as a man what ever u should be thinking is about not seeing your self in poverty state.

I pray u soon get job to settle your debth i could have drop something for u but me self dey no see road clear.
Thank you so much brother, I appreciate alot and may the Almighty always come through for us.
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by pandax: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Temmytayor90:
Top of the day to everyone here, special regards to okada riders and people who transport themselves using okada as a means of transportation.
If I'm not going to exaggerate, whenever you are on an okada, you have a higher chance of getting killed or injured than someone in a vehicle.(Please let's play safe out there)
On the 15th of November 2023, I sold my laptop just to raise money in order to get a bike on hire purchase make man dey use guide as work no dey.
On the 18th of November 2023, I got the bike on hire purchase with a very good man who I see as a father standing as a guarantor for me in other to get the bike.(I no get any family member for here, na OYO I dey)
On 20th November 2023, I started hustling with the bike, sadly I ran into loss that day because I was extorted by some police officers for dropping someone in front of police station(2k wey I don make that day, Dem collect am for my hand), I went home with just 200#.
On 21 November 2023, I say make I manage the small fuel wey dey to get little change, in 2 hours time I don make 1k after I buy fuel of 2litres. On my way home to find something chop, I see person carry😭, on our way, the most scariest and most frightening moment of my life occurred, a speeding vehicle ram into us and if I'm not mistaken I saw an angel, not a good angel to see but angel of death. Well I woke up on an hospital bed, some good Samaritan took us there. May those people be BLESSED wherever they are even though the other passenger gave up the ghost(May your soul rest in peace sir, may your family be consoled).
On 28 November 2023,I'm back home from the hospital,helpless and hopeless because 1.my source of income is damaged(the bike is badly damaged😭)
2.my leg is no longer balanced( na tamurege I dey do now)
3. Hunger wan kill me( may those nurses be blessed beyond measures, I was fed by them for a WHOLE WEEK I was there, I hope to go back to say ? thank you one more time and show my appreciations soon)
4. The thought of the dead man(the man I carried), my mind has not been stable, I'm feeling a weird sadness to the extent of wanting to kill myself because I think I have blood on my hand.
5. How to pay monthly payment for the bike and I don't want to disappoint the hirer as this is even the first payment I will make, I don't want to come across as an untrustworthy person(their is a clause in the agreement which states, " payment to be made monthly irregardless of any circumstances"
Let me not bore you with much details, I'm just wishing every okada rider and passenger safety and please car drivers should be gentle with us because should an accident occur, the tendency of the driver getting injured is low and minimal( the man that hit us didn't stop, he escaped, I'm sure the only loss he will bear is the damages to his car unlike the passenger i carried who paid the ultimate price and I whose bike got damaged and my body damaged as well. Na food we dey find, make we no find wetin go use us as food. And please okada riders too should be careful, stop feeling like a ghost Rider, small fall like this, na your body go hear am or make you even kpai, life na one, abeg reason your loved ones wey go miss you if you kpai.
Abeg house, na una help I need.
1. Can I please get a mechanic to repair my bike but I have no money on me now( I will be paying little by little when I start using the bike again, we fit go station go sign agreement or you can tell me your conditions please)
2. Can I please get a job to do so as to pay the monthly payment and if possible repair the bike.My qualification na BSC in Political Science(I fit run any job abeg🙏)
My Location is IBADAN, OYO STATE.
May you all be safe out there and may you never experience any form of accident.

Upload pictures of the bike in its current state so people will believe you more. Also, state the estimated repair cost. Ndoo

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by securitywatch50: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gbam
pandax:

Upload pictures of the bike in its current state so people will believe you more. Also, state the estimated repair cost. Ndoo
without the pictures of the bike and your own if possible nobody will be willing to assist you.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2023
pandax:

I will do just that, many thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by oxiide22(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2023
New format
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2023
oxiide22:
New format
New format for what exactly? You don't conclude on what you have little idea of please. I pray you don't experience what I'm going through bro.
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by oxiide22(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2023
Temmytayor90:
New format for what exactly? You don't conclude on what you have little idea of please. I pray you don't experience what I'm going through bro.
posts pictures of yourself and the bike
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by lavylilly: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin
oxiide22:
posts pictures of yourself and the bike
Abi na

1 Like

Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Ceeman2o: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lame format. Bike this bike that yeyeyeye.

Oga use your head and find something doing. Go and learn barbing, call your family to assist you get barbers tools and start from somewhere. Even aboki boys do make a lot of Money going from street to street with rechargeable clippers.

People wey train you for school no go allow you begin ride bike inside poor Oyo community.

Sharp sharp you don go cook up emotional lamba waiting for cashout from unsuspecting victims.

You will soon go nd be snapping bad bikes just to justify people asking you for pics.

Car just jammed you, then you come out of the hospital and then you need money. Who took you to the hospital and who paid for the treatment?
Piam they took you to the hospital, next they don treat you finish, feed you and then discharge you ba? You're now in the UK. They don begin treat accident victims free of charge with good food from good nurses in oyo ba?

Your family didn't come to that hospital to bundle you back to your family house after your where discharge ba?

You claim to had a major accident, and same you needed money to pay for the bike rentals and repair. Ogbeni you don recover already?

It's it not noble for you to call the owner to carry his bike while you go back to your family to recover and for proper treatment.

Ndi uchu
Re: Life Of An Okada Rider by Temmytayor90: 5:37am On Nov 30, 2023
Ceeman2o:
Lame format. Bike this bike that yeyeyeye.

Oga use your head and find something doing. Go and learn barbing, call your family to assist you get barbers tools and start from somewhere. Even aboki boys do make a lot of Money going from street to street with rechargeable clippers.

People wey train you for school no go allow you begin ride bike inside poor Oyo community.

Sharp sharp you don go cook up emotional lamba waiting for cashout from unsuspecting victims.

You will soon go nd be snapping bad bikes just to justify people asking you for pics.

Car just jammed you, then you come out of the hospital and then you need money. Who took you to the hospital and who paid for the treatment?
Piam they took you to the hospital, next they don treat you finish, feed you and then discharge you ba? You're now in the UK. They don begin treat accident victims free of charge with good food from good nurses in oyo ba?

Your family didn't come to that hospital to bundle you back to your family house after your where discharge ba?

You claim to had a major accident, and same you needed money to pay for the bike rentals and repair. Ogbeni you don recover already?

It's it not noble for you to call the owner to carry his bike while you go back to your family to recover and for proper treatment.

Ndi uchu
I understand your points bro and the reason why I won't blame you for what you just typed is because so many scammers are on rampage, I laughed where you mentioned me snapping with a damaged bike, God forbid!( That's why I I stated my location, anybody needs a proof, I show them physically, snapping myself with the bike can be photoshopped as well sir) FYI bro, a kind hearted man here chatted me up hereand asked to see me to be sure of what I'm saying which he did and he assisted me, may God bless him. (He saw the bike, I showed him some papers to believe it's a hired bike, Boss if lying about me getting in an accident just to get favour is what I've just done, then I'm a fool because why lie when I can I even be favoured if I beg directly). May you not experience this boss. And again, I begged for a job so that whoever is even willing to assist with a job will get to see me face to face and can even know if I lied or not.
And about me recovering, I still dey limp small small but I won't stay idle naa, I go still dey rough am as nobody dey for me here. Na me and God dey Ibadan as I no get one family member for here, na hustle carry me come.
As for me being treated for free, let me burst your bubble bro, I was treated and fed freely by the nurses over there, maybe na my mama prayers make me come across good people who assisted me in my down state.
Bro, accident no go be your portion and whenever you are in dire need of help, may you not be mocked. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies / Interview With Mactay/ Mtn / Intercontinental Job @ Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.