Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours (2528 Views)

Note The Ethnic Groups Counted As Part Of The Lagos Population In 1891 (Pic) / Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now / The Christian Population In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by farem: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
As at 1891 when the Lagos Census was done. Check the tribes that occupied Lagos municipal.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Dream25: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
It's insanity to say Lagos is not yorubaland...Yoruba has and will always dominate Lagos, the lagoon is always available for any ethnic or people that are not happy with this... cheesy cheesy

I just laugh when people say this online, because it's cruise to me... grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by immortalcrown(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Igbo no dey the list. Why?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Validated: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dream25:
It's insanity to say Lagos is not yorubaland...Yoruba has and will always dominate Lagos,

Who cares, I have some yorubas as tenants paying rent, agency agreement, caution fees and security fee to me.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Dream25: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

Who cares, I have some yorubas as tenants paying rent, agency agreement, caution fees and security fee to me.
Anybody can claim anything online...

I also many Igbo as tenants paying every fees, I tell you this as a fact... 💯

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by LegendHero(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Don't let Ogiso of Benin see this.

This does not support his greed of claiming ownership.

While other Yoruba Obas are building business empire like we have OBAT and FCMB, Ogiso of Benin is busy doing longthroat to another region state while his people continue to be known for sex trafficking in Italy.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by igwebuike01: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Something wey Dem type with computer? Be deceiving yourself
Meanwhile 1891 is very recent.
Igbos was largest at some point too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by YorubaDemonswag: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
LegendHero:
Don't let Ogiso of Benin see this.

This does not support his greed of claiming ownership.

While other Yoruba Obas are building business empire like we have OBAT and FCMB, Ogiso of Benin is busy doing longthroat to another region state while his people continue to be known for sex trafficking in Italy.

Ogiso of Benin don suffer from this brothergrin

8 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Goodvibes007: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Context if anyone was wondering who were the eko in the table. They are settlers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Goodvibes007: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
immortalcrown:
Igbo no dey the list.
For where dem wan come from..

7 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Goodvibes007: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

Audio like the dude below 👇

10 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by LegendHero(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

Ogiso of Benin don suffer from this brothergrin

Thank you for that name

5 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Biodun556(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Is Oba of Benin salivating over Lagos IGR?

7 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Omoawoke: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
farem:
As at 1891 when the Lagos Census was done. Check the tribes that occupied Lagos municipal.

You didn’t add akpu eaters

Akpu-Eaters —-99%

8 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Omoawoke: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

In fact, all the properties in Lagos are 99% Igbo owned. The remaining 1% na others

Onye billionaire, the rest are eating dusts

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Omoawoke: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:
Something wey Dem type with computer? Be deceiving yourself
Meanwhile 1891 is very recent.
Igbos was largest at some point too

grin Peter obi won Lagos, una think say na so una plenty reach come they make noise,
Yorubas provoke and left LP, you saw the gap in the governorship election. And the funny thing is that the votes that Lp got for chinedduuu, Yoruba votes still dey inside oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by YorubaDemonswag: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
LegendHero:

Thank you for that name

That's his real name.

6 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by YorubaDemonswag: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

No be you I dey my rent to? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by EmperorCaesar(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Where are the indigenous Benin people

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by spagettiluv: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

online landlord like Richard below 🤡
This clown might not even have a toy truck to his name

8 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Goodvibes007: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Biodun556:
Is Oba of Benin salivating over Lagos IGR?
😂😂😂

4 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by spagettiluv: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Omoawoke:

In fact, all the properties in Lagos are 99% Igbo owned. The remaining 1% na others

you dey mind those online landlord ?

10 Likes

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Igbos weren't in lagos in 1891.hahahahahahaha..

Both who the oluwole fake census and who type and photocopy and na bastard
Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
spagettiluv:
you dey mind those online landlord ?

If your people are refugees in benin Republic....common sense should tell you,someone bought the empty houses and lands..

Hahahahahahahahaha....Allow propaganda be deceiving you.. You have zero mineral resources..worthlessness is order of the day..Cocoa and fishing will lead you no where.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Omoawoke:

You didn’t add akpu eaters

Akpu-Eaters —-99%

Some regions are so dumb , they don't know the language FUFU originated from them..hahahahahahahaha
Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Beremx(f): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Were the Binis not the Eko tribe? If they were then they made up the largest size of the population

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dream25:
It's insanity to say Lagos is not yorubaland...Yoruba has and will always dominate Lagos, the lagoon is always available for any ethnic or people that are not happy with this... cheesy cheesy

I just laugh when people say this online, because it's cruise to me... grin grin

Ilorin Migrant self dey catch cruise..

God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Goodvibes007: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Beremx:
Were the Binis not the Eko tribe? If they were then they made up the largest size of the population
Eko tribe consists of the settlers like Saro, Brazilians and many others.

The natives or aboriginal Yorubas are the largest when you sum up their numbers.

Note the bolded settlers vs natives/aboriginals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Omoawoke:

Go back to your state...

WailerJi

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Burob: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Validated:

Yoruba tenants In Lagos South West Nigeria, or in the South East of Nigeria?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Burob: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Beremx:
Logically, it seems you are correct with your assertion because we are made to believe the Aworis are the original indigenes of Lagos, so definitely they are not the Eko Tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic analysis of Lagos population in 1891. Check yours by Bobloco: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Omoawoke:

grin Peter obi won Lagos, una think say na so una plenty reach come they make noise,
Yorubas provoke and left LP, you saw the gap in the governorship election. And the funny thing is that the votes that Lp got for chinedduuu, Yoruba votes still dey inside oo

Stop capping

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour who was the LP gubernatorial candidate would have defeated Sanwo-olu if Tinubu and APC didn't employed voter intimidation, votes suppression, unleash thugs, hoodlums, bandits, minions and bigots to killed, maim and destroy lives and properties

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"hypertension With Arthritis." - Bode George Seek Bail / Bukola Saraki Wins In Kwara State / Obalende In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.