Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage (20004 Views)

LUTH Reacts To Reported Shutdown Of Its Wards / FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / Fear Grips Medical Workers As LUTH, UITH Isolate 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by descarado: 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

So the House of rep committee members that specifically went there for inspection are lying? You did not attack the people that said it, instead you choose to attack someone else's comment abi? Your mouth dey pain you to attack the rep members because they are APC abi?

You can't make this shiit up, some people came to this world to be willfully stupid, that is their God ordained purpose in this life, because I cannot understand how a human choose to support evil like a blind bat and think they can be blessed by this land,

It is that "Free stuff" you go dey sell for the rest of your life.
That one is the most insensitive amongst them all.
Some of them will rather avoid the thread and concentrate on attacking Peter obi but you see that one, it is a sadist.
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by cococandy(f): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Unfortunately that’s abysmally low income for a doctor. He’s going to have a hard time finding someone
falogen:

Will you just shut up!
Even University of Ìlọrin teaching hospital has more than 2000 bed capacity.

My dad has a private hospital, he has been looking for doctor to come and do locum for 250-300k monthly, he still can't find for more than 2yrs now.
When the man power becomes too low, they will definitely shut down the ward.
My elder bro, who is a resident doc is already thinking of Japa cos all his colleagues have left and he being over stretched, always complaining and always stressed out with low payment as compared to Japaing.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by Exceed15: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Then recruit to fil the vacuum na .

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by madone: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by ufotunang: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
Towma:

Our Nigerian leaders, in all tiers, are very selfish. They don't want to carry out recruitment, they want to save the money for themselves but they are here raising alarm for some silly reason.

Many hospitals in Nigeria have been understaffed for years but they refuse to carry out public recruitment.
.abi..and they are lot of graduates in the medical field looking for jobs

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by Blitzking: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
dontrulee:

You're right
I pity those doing housejob in very busy centres at the moment. Dem dey see shege.
Me sef wey dey on labour ward call yesterday know wetin my eyes see, from 11pm last night till this moment, I haven't slept because of shortage of staffs, I had to do bulk of the work alone. It's not encouraging at all
always remember if ho drop dead...work go continue the next day..highest them make small noise carry placard and social media carry the news for 1 week max.
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by onyxo76(m): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
madone:

Which one is shortage of doctors They employ new doctors simple
even most of the new doctors have already passed those foreign exams during internship and are just gathering money to get the full foreign exam registration and start practise abroad.
soon you won't even find nysc doctors around, the rate at which the old,new docs are leaving is alarming.
there is a government facility I used to patronize earlier last year, they had about 17 doctors, I travelled and came back for a check up 4 months later, only 5 were remaining, the 12 had moved to UK, none of those who left were less than 12 years post graduation.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by fashrola(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

So you actually believe that LUTH will lock five 150-bed wards, as in 750 beds? How many bed-capacity is the whole LUTH itself when you can ignorantly believe that 750 beds are unoccupied and locked? Smh.

With your kind of negativity and ignorance which you think is cool, many of you will never be blessed by this land. All you do is give negative mindset and the land will reflect it back to you. Las las, the land will spit out every unpatriotic element, criminal defamer and cyberbully.

Commot for here...... Whatever that is happening in Nigeria fall back to you threefold

Always a nuisance on Nairaland everyday.... This can only happen when you are jobless and miserable in life

You can apply to work as a steward onboard a ship that will pay you $22-$30 per day, Don't be USELESS to your generation entirely

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by EconFinance: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
spiSeyi:
Public officers and politicians foreign medical trips should also be discouraged because the money used for foreign medical trips can also be used to create a good working conditions for health workers

Didn't you see where I mentioned that politicians should also not be allowed to go on foreign trips?
Why should essential workers like medical doctors be allowed to leave in droves, don't you know that their studies were been subsidized by the FG?
I pray that you or your loved ones won't have complicated health issues, the reality of my statement can only be seen by those who are battling serious health issues

Your approach is the wrong approach
If the conditions of service in the public hospitals don't change

This will continue by hook or crook

Invest in the sector
THEN implement whatever
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by Chetas81(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Xscape1993:
Nigeria is not a serious country...
you mean the citizen
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by jonadaft: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

So you actually believe that LUTH will lock five 150-bed wards, as in 750 beds? How many bed-capacity is the whole LUTH itself when you can ignorantly believe that 750 beds are unoccupied and locked? Smh.

With your kind of negativity and ignorance which you think is cool, many of you will never be blessed by this land. All you do is give negative mindset and the land will reflect it back to you. Las las, the land will spit out every unpatriotic element, criminal defamer and cyberbully.
You can always shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say.
No be everything person dey chuk mouth

1 Like

Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by blowjohn(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Only 40 patients? Una no get patients nah. Some get 100. Plus post op case and clinic

I mean 40 patients to one doctor in one unit.

Minus clinic
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by armadeo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
MT:
I don't have issue with people relocating, but I'm so angry with the Nigeria Govt.

Nigeria heavily subsidized the doctors training, only for the doctors to relocate after few years of practice.

Why don't you make them sign an undertaking to recoup the cost of your investment with interest before you can sign any documents that they will need to relocate.

As it is, taxpayers are training the doctors for free for these foreign countries.

Is that not stupidity?

Every graduate would sign ?
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by adanonso(f): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2023
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/japa-reps-raise-alarm-as-luth-shuts-down-5-wards-over-doctors-shortage/

Even in Owo Ondo State. Most of federal medical center doctors have run away. Na student dey attend to patients now
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2023
Timagex:
Una never see anything. 😁

I just dey imagine if policemen and teachers could "japa", everywhere go choke!!! 😂😂😂

Excellent photography services lives here. Check my signature.
But can do that, even teachers are on demand now, the fears is skilled worker u call easily to fix or repair things
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by jaephoenix(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
MT:

You are the one with a switched off brain.

Are medical doctors paying commensurate fees in school ?.

Assuming you are a medical doctor, do not be an ingrate to the Nigeria Government who contributed towards your training.
I got my first med degrees in Unical 2006. I paid almost double the school fees of other students. I'm sure other schools are charging med students like that. What do you have to say
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by jaephoenix(m): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2023
madone:

Which one is shortage of doctors They employ new doctors simple
Ok naah
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by jaephoenix(m): 11:24am On Nov 30, 2023
armadeo:

Every graduate would sign ?
Dont mind the guy. Let him sign first. Then every graduate follows suit
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by jaephoenix(m): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2023
MT:

You don't get it.

Westerners use student loans from the govt to fund their education which they have to pay back.

The subsidy that goes into medicals is obvious and large. No one says they should not relocate but the Nigeria govt needs to pass a law that will mandate it for to refund the govt subsidy or practice for certain years in Nigeria to liquidate the debt.

Nigeria as of today is not that rich to be training doctors for almost free using taxpayers money only for them to abandon the same taxpayers and go abroad to practice. That will be the smart thing any nation will do.

Do you really know how much it costs to train a doctor?

What is this one saying?
So how much does it cost to train one doc?
Med students pay the highest fees in any institution thereby liquidating the debt. What else are you saying?
Have you compared school fees in Nigeria and other countries?
Re: Japa: Reps Raise Alarm As LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Over Doctors’ Shortage by Kionrae: 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

bst dn talk rubbish again lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ikpeazu Extends Lockdown In Abia / We Can Make 100-year-old Woman Pregnant — Nigerian Fertility Expert / JOHESU Suspends 43-day Strike, Orders Workers To Resume Work On Friday - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.