Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Black Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Black Jesus (3685 Views)

When Will The Euroeans Accept A Black Jesus / Black Jesus, Nigeria Jesus - By His Stripes You Are Healed / What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2011
This is not about affirming racial superiority. This is about historical fact. What difference does it make whether Jesus was black or White, If it doesn't make any difference to me, but my question is, why did they make Him white if he is actually black?

The bible said Samson had seven (dread) locks on his head and if a white man do not cut the hairs on his head, there is no way on earth it will lock, so why do they change the people of the bible (Israelites/Hebrews) from black, to white? why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzgk0v_WzVs&feature=related
Re: Black Jesus by Emmyk(m): 2:37am On Oct 30, 2011
Hmmm,
Re: Black Jesus by knowjack: 2:59am On Oct 30, 2011
@OP why do you think they would change it? If it the infallible word of God, how could this even happen?
Re: Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2011
There are so many facts of the existence of Jesus Christ and the bible was written my his disciples, like i said, This is not about affirming racial superiority, why did the white people change my dear Beloved Jesus from a Black man to a white man, thats jst what i wnt to know and if u dnt hv the answer, jst ignore.
Re: Black Jesus by igbo2011(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2011
mail4gift2:

There are so many facts of the existence of Jesus Christ and the bible was written my his disciples, like i said, This is not about affirming racial superiority, why did the white people change my dear Beloved Jesus from a Black man to a white man, thats jst what i wnt to know and if u dnt hv the answer, jst ignore.

They want to create white supremacy. During the renascence Michael Angelo painted white pictures of Jesus. Adam and eve were Ethiopian so they would have names like Tsega and Hiwot. They want to paint the world white so they are seen as supreme to everyone. When blacks pray to a white god then they are subconsciousness praising whites. That is why Nigerians treat whites like gods. Worshiping the god that the invaders brought to you. Those same invaders killed many people. Isn't ironic how the British brought god to Nigeria while bring hell?

Also there is proof that Jesus did not exist. Watch the last six minutes of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oZgT1SRcrKE#!
Re: Black Jesus by Emmyk(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
I love this thread
Re: Black Jesus by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2011
Rubbish !

Jesus was not black or white , he was of middle eastern complexion.

To suggest that Jesus was black , contrary to historical and factual records is racism and black Supremacism . It also shows an inferiority complex.

And what does it matter anyway what color he was.

He is for the salvation of the world , this is what matters.

Peace.
Re: Black Jesus by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
mail4gift2:

This is not about affirming racial superiority. This is about historical fact. What difference does it make whether Jesus was black or White, If it doesn't make any difference to me, but my question is, why did they make Him white if he is actually black?

No he was brown , just like the Arabs

The bible said Samson had seven (dread) locks on his head and if a white man do not cut the hairs on his head, there is no way on earth it will lock, so why do they change the people of the bible (Israelites/Hebrews) from black, to white? why?

Nope white people, especially of middle eastern origin can have dread locks and or long hair.

BTW the bible never said he had dread locks, please do not twist scripture .

This is a JEW with dread locks.

Re: Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
igbo2011:

They want to create white supremacy. During the renascence Michael Angelo painted white pictures of Jesus. Adam and eve were Ethiopian so they would have names like Tsega and Hiwot. They want to paint the world white so they are seen as supreme to everyone. When blacks pray to a white god then they are subconsciousness praising whites. That is why Nigerians treat whites like gods. Worshiping the god that the invaders brought to you. Those same invaders killed many people. Isn't ironic how the British brought god to Nigeria while bring hell?

Also there is proof that Jesus did not exist. Watch the last six minutes of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oZgT1SRcrKE#!

Thanks for the answer but i do not need prove that Jesus did not exist, you can keep your prove yourself that is not what i asked, i can show you 100000000000000000 proves that he existed, hw many can you show me?

btw, tnks for the answer
Re: Black Jesus by igbo2011(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
mail4gift2:

Thanks for the answer but i do not need prove that Jesus did not exist, you can keep your prove yourself that is not what i asked, i can show you 100000000000000000 proves that he existed, hw many can you show me?

btw, tnks for the answer

Show me proof
Re: Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
igbo2011:

Show me proof

LOL Hypocrites, as your mum for proof
Re: Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2011
And here are few of the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 proofs of my LORDS existenc, the other proof is with your mum while the rest lies in your heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRQqYGf4O0

Consider the written historical evidence of Jesus from these varied sources ,

1. Non-Christian, non-Jewish sources (principally Roman, Greek). These consist of the writings of a number of Greek or Roman historians, and refer to the history of Jesus because of the trouble the Christian movement was causing in the empire at the time. The records are normally antagonistic, since they have nothing to gain by admitting the historicity of the events.

2. Jewish sources - Josephus, the Talmud. Josephus, a Jewish aristocrat turned politician, was recruited by the Romans during the first Jewish revolt to act as a mediator and write a historical record of events at the time. He records that Jesus was a wise man that did many wonderful works, and that many people - both Jews and Gentiles - followed after him. The Talmud, written by Jewish sources at the time, is (not surprisingly) unfriendly toward the founder of Christianity. The important point, however, is that Jewish sources do not deny that Jesus was a real historical figure -- they only promote a different interpretation of of his conception.

3. Christian sources - the Gospels, early church fathers and historians. The four gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - are judged by most scholars to be reliable, historical testimony of eye-witnesses. These gospels, as well as the Acts of the Apostles, the letters of Paul and the other Apostles, are judged to have been written from 40 A.D. to 100 A.D. -- all within a few decades of the life of Jesus. The early church fathers were the leaders and teachers in the church who followed the apostles - many were also disciples of these same apostles.

Non-Christian, Non-Jewish Historians Comment on the History of Jesus

Cornelius Tacitus (c. A.D. 55-120)

A Roman historian who lived through the reign of over a half-dozen Roman emperors1, Tacitus has been called "the greatest historian of ancient Rome. His most famous works are the Annals and the Histories. The Annals covers from 14 A.D. to approximately 68 A.D. (the death of Augustus up to the time of Nero), while Histories proceeds from 68 A.D. (Nero's death) to 96 A.D. (the time of Domitian).

Here is what Tacitus wrote concerning the history of Jesus, and the existence of Christians in Rome:

"But not all the relief that could come from man, not all the bounties that the price could bestow, nor all the atonements which could be presented to the gods, availed to relieve Nero from the infamy of being believed to have ordered the conflagration, the fire of Rome. Hence to suppress the rumor, he falsely charged with the guilt, and punished with the most exquisite tortures, the persons commonly called Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also." (Annals XV, 44)1.

Some points to note about the narrative from Tacitus:

He mistakenly refers to Jesus as "Christus", however this was a common practice among the pagan writers at that time.
He supports the fact that Christ existed, and was put to death by Pontius Pilate - agreeing with the Christian scriptures.
He alludes to "the pernicious superstition" which broke out, was repressed, but then spread even more - even throughout the city of Rome itself. This may indeed be referring to the core belief which caused the early church to explode and "turn the world upside down" -- that Jesus had died indeed, but that He had also risen from the grave.

Thallus, a Samaritan-born historian who lived and worked in Rome about 52 A.D., wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean world (Habernas, VECELJ, 93). Although the original writings of Thallus are lost to us, Julius Africanus, a Christian historian of the late second century (2221 A,D.), was familiar with them and quotes from them. One very interesting passage from Thallus relates to the darkness that enveloped the land at the time of Christ's crucifixion. Julius Africanus writes as follows:

"Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as as an eclipse of the sun - unreasonably, as it seems to me (unreasonably, of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full moon that Christ died." (Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.1)

http://www.ucg.org/science/surprising-archaeological-find-proof-jesus-existence/
Re: Black Jesus by mail4gift2(m): 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
igbo2011:

Show me proof

do you mind if i ask what religion you belong?
Re: Black Jesus by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2011
This is dumb. you know nothing about white hair, sure black hair LOCKS easier but white hair locks as well.
even black hair has grades. if your hair is more elastic it locks faster than black hair with no elasticity when wet,
Re: Black Jesus by chowbaby: 2:29am On Oct 31, 2011
Would worship or the message change if Jesus was black or white. Does it matter truly?
Re: Black Jesus by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 31, 2011
chowbaby:

Would worship or the message change if Jesus was black or white. Does it matter truly?

word!!! if he was God in flesh does it matter what skin he came in?
Re: Black Jesus by nodogma: 4:19am On Oct 31, 2011
If Jesus is black and had dread locks, does this mean that he gets his genes from Mary or does he get them from God or is he mixed with the two of them? Is Mary Black? Is God Black? Or, can we call begin to see that none of this makes any sense when interpreted literally and that the story of Jesus, just like Mohammed, and Buddha are just meant as teaching tools, nothing more?
Re: Black Jesus by Amujale(m): 5:32am On Oct 31, 2011
The character we all know as Jesus was born out of many ancient icons like Budha, Krishna, Horus and Osiris.  Infact i would like for you to look into the Horus & Isis relationship especially.

Those who say he was black arent foolish to suggest such, because that was the pattern of evolution that the Roman Catholic church adopted. From Isis & Horus, to the black Madona before Angelo came and started painting his family on a blank canvas.

Now, was Jesus black? Nope, because the guy didnt even exist. Horus was black, Isis was black these are the facts. Uptil this very moment, nobody has been able to provide any REAL evidence that this guy ever existed.

Christos is a common name in the Greek community aswell as another name for Krishna.

Let me expand on this further, the word 'Christ' comes from the Greek word 'Christos', which means "the anointed one".

'Krishna' in Greek is the same as 'Christos' which means "the anointed one"

The list of pre-christian divinities, heroes, kings and queens who were said to have been "born of a virgin" or miraculously birth includes the following:

Ra
Apis
Horus
Krishna
Buddha
    Hetshepsut
    Pharoah Amenophis III
    Zoroaster
    Melchizedek
    Cyrus
    Plato
    Julius Caesar
    Apollonius of Tyana
    Taliesin
    Merlin
    Llew Llaw
    Fohi
    Lao-Kium

Even the story of the gifts from the kings and the "three wisemen" has been told before in ancient Egypt aswell as during the birth of Krishna.

Re: Black Jesus by Amujale(m): 5:34am On Oct 31, 2011
The parallels between Gautama Buddha and Jesus correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

The parallels between Krishna and Jesus also correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence. 

(1) Krishna was miraculously conceived and born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One"wink as a divine incarnation.

(2) He was born at a time when his family had to travel to pay the yearly tax.

(3) His father was a carpenter yet Krishna was born of royal descent.

(4) His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gifts.

(5) He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants who feared that the divine child would supplant his kingdom.

(6) His father was warned by a heavenly voice to flee the tyrant who sought the death of the child. The child was then saved by friends who fled with them in the night to a distant country. When the tyrant learned that his attempt to kill the child failed, he issued a decree that all the infants in the area be put to death. Writing about Krishna in the eighteenth century, Sir William Jones stated, "In the Sanskrit dictionary, compiled more than two thousand years ago, we have the whole history of the incarnate deity, born of a virgin, and miraculously escaping in infancy from the reigning tyrant of his country." (Asiatic Researches, Vol. I, p. 273).

(7) The Bible states that Jesus and family fled to Egypt afterward to escape from King Herod. According to the Christian apocryphal text "the Gospel of the Infancy," the family traveled to Maturea, Egypt. Krishna was born in Maturea, India, hundreds of years earlier.

(8.) He was baptized in the River Ganges.

(9) The missions of Krishna and Jesus were the same - the salvation of humanity.

(10) Krishna worked miracles and wonders such as raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.

(11) Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.

(12) Jesus taught his disciples about the possibility of removing a mountain by faith. According to tradition, Krishna raised Mount Goverdhen above his disciples to protect his worshipers from the wrath of Indra.

(13) "He lived poor and he loved the poor."

(14) Krishna was said to have washed the feet of the Brahmins and transfigured before his disciples.

(15) Krishna's teachings and Jesus' teachings were very similar. The celebrated French missionary and traveler, Evarist-Regis Hucv, who made a journey of several thousand miles through China and Tibet, stated, "If we addressed a Mogul or Tibetan this question, 'Who is Krishna?' the reply was instantly 'The savior of men." According to Robert Cheyne, "All that converting the Hindoos to Christianity does for them is to change the object of their worship from Krishna to Christ." Appleton's Cyclopedia says this about the teachings of Krishna: "Its correspondence with the New Testament is indeed striking."

(16) There is an extra-canonical Hindu tradition which states that Krishna was crucified. According to some traditions, Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.

(17) He was said to have descended to hell, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended to heaven which was witnessed by many.

(18) Krishna is called the "shepherd god" and "lord of lords," and was considered "the redeemer, firstborn, sin bearer, liberator, universal Word."

(19) He is the second person of the trinity, and proclaimed himself the "resurrection" and the "way to the Father."

(20) He was considered the "beginning, the middle and the end," ("alpha and omega"wink, as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

(21) His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."

(22) Krishna is to return again riding a white horse to do battle with the "prince of evil," who will desolate the Earth; i wonder where i've heard that line before 

Does any of this sound familiar?

Re: Black Jesus by whiteadmirer: 7:16am On Dec 05, 2012
Well, if you want make a black Jesus mainstream then simply make lots of pictures with the black Jesus interacting with both African and non African people in the way that white Jesus is known for(for example: pictures of black Jesus with possibly a white child on his lap, or maybe black kids in his lap with white and Asian kids gathered around him)
Re: Black Jesus by bwideity: 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Indian wrote the history of Christ and back date it to 100years earlier, simple.
Re: Black Jesus by JesusisLord85: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2014
mail4gift2: This is not about affirming racial superiority. This is about historical fact. What difference does it make whether Jesus was black or White, If it doesn't make any difference to me, but my question is, why did they make Him white if he is actually black?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzgk0v_WzVs&feature=related

Jesus was black. We negroes are true descendants of the biblical hebrews. The sons and daughters of Israel.

The bible ben says the people were black. Of course the missionaries didn't want to tell you this.

Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Son 1:5 [King Solomon:] I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Son 1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me:

Jer 14:2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

Lam 4:8 Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets:

Lam 5:10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

Exo 4:6 And the LORD said furthermore unto [Moses], Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.
Exo 4:7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

Num 12:10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger {aka nigger}…

Act 21:38 Art not thou that Egyptian (ancient egyptians are black)…
Act 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus

Rev 1:14 [Christ’s] head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow…
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace

Shalom

(1) (Reply)

Things Only God Could Have Known! / Nigeria Has The Largest Amount Of Churches In The World Yet Still Corrupt. / What Was Today's Sunday Topic At Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.