Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. (1469 Views)

Bride Stunned After Clergyman Asked Her To Pledge Her Breasts During Wedding Vow / My Step Mom Vow And Bet I Will Never Succeed In Life. Except her children. / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Its a long read pls read through.I'm a young girl in her 20s who lives with her mother. my mom and I struggled to survive by the Grace of God to put food on our table.

I made a vow long ago when i was 10yrs old that I will never date or have anything to do with a married man due to some personal reasons I can't share here.

As God would have it, I kept to my promise even though a lot of rich married men were on my case, one suggested to take me overseas. but material things can not break my vow with God or so I thought.

I was broke to stupor in midst of all these temptations. I couldn't boast of a reasonable Job or business , I was broke to the last alphabet.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
No clothes, I was miles behind my friends who were putting on the latest designers and wigs, clothes , phones .

not that I'm lazy, Situations were not looking good for I and my mother. We had to run round to pay rent which our landlord starts harassing us with text messages a day after our rent expires.

Here I am refusing married men who could change the life of i and my mother's condition.

I started getting closer to one married man, who gave me cash and gifts. I couldn't fold my hands. Other girls are doing it to change their lives. why did I make that vow I furiously criticised myself.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Zonefree(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Una knack abi una no knack?

4 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
But whenever the man requests we spend time alone, my heart beats faster than a drummer as I know what he meant.

And I cut him loose as I was terribly scared of breaking my vow.

if you're following let me know.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Ginaz(f): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
I'm following o.
Please come and tell your story. you sound captivating. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Shalommy(f): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Op, which kind story be this. Abi na movie script?undecided

1 Like

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Gbadugbakun(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
I want to understand you. You said you made a vow not to sleep with married men. Not a vow to preserve your virginity until marriage.

This means that you allow your broke and useless boyfriends fúck you whilst forming principled babe for married men who are ready to change your present condition.

If that's the case, you need psychological help.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Ginaz(f): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
Gbadugbakun:
I want to understand you. You said you made a vow not to sleep with married men. Not a vow to preserve your virginity until marriage.

This means that you allow your broke and useless boyfriends fúck you whilst forming principled babe for married men who are ready to change your present condition.

If that's the case, you need psychological help.

Please allow her to say her story. we are not talking about virginity here. everyone with their boundaries in life. some can say they will do robbery but will not take a life. let her talk , some of you are so toxic.

13 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Zonefree(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ginaz:

Please allow her to say her story. we are not talking about virginity here. everyone with their boundaries in life. some can say they will do robbery but will not take a life. let her talk , some of you are so toxic.
Are you downplaying the importance of virginity?

1 Like

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
I had a boyfriend but he was broke like me, We had plans together and I wanted to be there for him at his lowest point in life so refused all men both married and single.

Yet my situation was not improving. it felt like the married men are the pinnacle of my breakthrough. it was like satan heard my vow and purposely held all roads off against me.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
The wealth of these men were staggering and intimidating. they were all wealthy and some would chase after me like they had seen me in their dreams.

everywhere I went, a married man would woo me. at one point I needed to move from my moms community as there was no light and water constantly. I was tired of the backwardness . no money to rent an apartment, by this point I was ready to give up on my vow.

Then a married saw me on the road when I went to search for an apartment after managing to gather some money , he collected my number and we got talking.

he promised to rent and furnitured the house to my taste, open any business of my choice and upgrade my wardrobe to the latest fashion. when he saw me I was putting on slippers and worn out clothes that day.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
Those of you that create threads to tell your stories, then cut it bit by bit prolonging it to different posts and comments that will fill up the first page, what makes you think people will have the time to keep searching for unnecessary continuations when you can simply summerize on one post and be done with it, what makes you think people will take you serious when your story will come off as a fictional tale? To what end exactly?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
At this point i was tired, soul and body. I told the man to give me 3days to make up my mind. I broke up with my boyfriend as I was really tired of it all.

I was saying I'm sleeping with him so what's the difference if i sleep with a married man too?

A friend of mine who was in my same situation, it was a married man who rented her house for her, assisted her business.

I started grumbling , I was ready. "Other girls are doing it, sex is sex". "you're not a virgin self, so what's the difference" ? "you're not special, if you don't sleep with married man doesn't mean you're better than others"

these thoughts were getting into my head and I started getting weaker. I was 99% ready.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
I went on my knees and I faced my God. I told him if he doesn't help me then I will do it. except he makes a way, I will give in but do not let me fail lord because I made this vow to you. I'm a sinner but I fear your vows in marriage , that's why I made it to you. help me make the right decisions.

I made the prayer on the day 1 out of the 3days I told the man to give me.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Gbadugbakun(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ginaz:

Fúck off my mentions. I wasn't talking to a borehole like you.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
but yet my mind is still 99% ready. so I was just reading my bible and praying. The man would call me day and night ,urging me to accept his deal that he'd change my life and I will not regret. infact he has seen a classic house just for me, he wants to pay the rent, I'm the one holding it up. grin

day 2: my mind still won't let go

day 3: I intensified my prayers, "oh heavenly father help me. I'm lost, Tomorrow would be the day I would break this vow i pledge to you. help me father."

I shedded so much tears.
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Those of you that create threads to tell your stories, then cut it bit by bit prolonging it to different posts and comments that will fill up the first page, what makes you think people will have the time to keep searching for unnecessary continuations when you can simply summerize on one post and be done with it, what makes you think people will take you serious when your story will come off as a fictional tale? To what end exactly?

Didn't you see where I said it's a long post?

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2023
The suddenly the 1% of my mind that was weak started becoming stronger.

I saw a song miraculously when browsing the web, it talked about not giving up and perseverance.

I started becoming stronger , I played the song throughout that night. by morning I was saved.

I called the man and told him I wasn't interest. he was shocked like he didn't hear me clearly. he apologised for tempting me , requesting for my forgiveness.

It was then I knew I just fought a spiritual battle and won.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Emmanuel30a: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fool... You are a fool...!...
Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by FuckingMachine: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
OP DM me.
You can still break the vow.

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
and what did God do?

few months later, He gave me and my mother a house of our own. a relative out of the blues just gifted us a house of our own.

In a nice environment , a good looking building. no more house rent.

As I'm talking, I just got money to start a business.

my mom got a store free of charge to sell whatever she wants..

My life is full of praises oh God, you are wonderful. this is my testimony nairaland.

see what God has done for me.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
I'm still in awe of God's grace. who would have thought I'd be moving to my personal house ?

this hard economy where would I have gotten this huge money for business?

I just want to encourage someone that God is still in heaven. he shall help you , donr give up and also young girls like me that are tempted to date married men, look up to God . he will reward you if you're truly repentant of your sins.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
prettycoral:

Didn't you see where I said it's a long post?

Can't you shorten it to one post? Besides your post are not that long so why start another one in the next comment box?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
I've never lacked food since this year, As I'm talking someone gifted me money to stock my house with foodstuffs just like that o.

rice, beans , garri,. Oh living God ! You are wonderful. see how you blessed me a sinner. .

we are moving to our new house by next December. it still feels like a dream.💃💃💃💃

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Bonjovi13: 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
prettycoral:
and what did God do?

few months later, He gave me and my mother a house of our own. a relative out of the blues just gifted us a house of our own.

In a nice environment , a good looking building. no more house rent.

As I'm talking, I just got money to start a business.

my mom got a store free of charge to sell whatever she wants..

My life is full of praises oh God, you are wonderful. this is my testimony nairaland.

see what God has done for me.

Praise God. That's really how the devil operates. he will offer us quick and easy substitutes that will keep us bound to prevent us from getting the blessings from God that will be free of any bondage and is bigger and more enduring. Kudos girl. Keep on serving God

6 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by WhisperedNoise: 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ginaz:

Ignore them. Most of the guys typing rubbish against women are jambites. They are children. And foolish ones at that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Can't you shorten it to one post? Besides your post are not that long so why start another one in the next comment box?

You don't know the level of mg happiness right now. forgive my long post. we are moving to a new house of our own. no more house rent again. cheesy

happiness wants to finish me

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
prettycoral:

You don't know the level of mg happiness right now. forgive my long post. we are moving to a new house of our own. no more house rent again. cheesy

happiness wants to finish me

Truly a thing of joy and happiness

Congratulations 🎊

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bonjovi13:

Praise God. That's really how the devil operates. he will offer us quick and easy substitutes that will keep us bound to prevent us from getting the blessings from God that will be free of any bondage and is bigger and more enduring. Kudos girl. Keep on serving God

yes. Devil will tempt you just so you will fail and lose your blessings. I give thanks to God. I would have been sleeping with a married man by now and worst still had broken my vow.

by now his wife would have been giving me trouble or may be pregnant with no peace of mind. God Is wonderful. I wake up everyday happy that God came through for me.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by ecolime(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Congratulations.

Next step is to stop fornicating with your boyfriend.

Consecrate your life and body to Christ.

You both should get married ASAP if the thing dey always scratch una

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by prettycoral(f): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
ecolime:
Congratulations.

Next step is to stop fornicating with your boyfriend.

Consecrate your life and body to Christ.

You both should get married ASAP if the thing dey always scratch una

I am single now sir. I just want to focus on my God and business. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Broke My Vow, And See What God Did. by Ginaz(f): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

Fúck off my mentions. I wasn't talking to a borehole like you.

As your sisters and all the female in your family are boreholes you are now suspecting others to be same?

nor be me say make your family is boreholes o. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need An Urgent Advice! Family Issue / Wife Dumps Rich Husband For Driver / 5 Ways You Should Never Talk To Your Wife/husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.