Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls (1123 Views)

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT / Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
It is a fact that Ibo girls outnumber ibo boys in school. The boys mostly come through the apprentice system, hundreds of ibo boys are being picked up by uncles to the cities to serve them. It means that girls in iboland stayed back in school eventhough they regarded education of women as a waste of time and money, since the young girls will soon marry and leave the family. Female education was not considered important, today, however, there is a preponderance of ibo girls at school who currently far outnumber the boys both secondary and tertiary institutions as more and more ibo boys drop out of school. With the tide forcing many families to send their girl child to school, the parents would rather get back the monies spent on her since she is not considered a part of the family when she eventually leave for her husband's house, unlike the male child, she brings no value once she's gone. Bride price in iboland is calculated based on how they spent on her education and expected the husband for recompense.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
CONT;
As more ibo boys are dropping out of school to go do nwa boi or igba boi, the more ibo girls are forced into school and the more their bride price gets higher. Lots of ibo girls are left to age at home in her father's house because suitors could not afford to pay through their nose for what they believe does not worth the high price. Many of the girls are left to woo men by themselves and most times carry the weight of the wedding costs. Many ibo girls have lost hope in ever getting married as suitors are not encouraged by her family's greed. These girls would sometimes engage in unwholesome acts as a result of desperation of getting married as her biological clock ticks. If ibo boys would stay more in school and get educated, the pressure on the girls would drastically be reduced

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Zonefree(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
About 94% of your posts are about Igbos and South East. Life is truly terrible for you.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Cantonese: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:
It is a fact that Ibo girls outnumber ibo boys in school. The boys mostly come through the apprentice system, hundreds of ibo boys are being picked up by uncles to the cities to serve them. It means that girls in iboland stayed back in school eventhough they regarded education of women as a waste of time and money, since the young girls will soon marry and leave the family. Female education was not considered important, today, however, there is a preponderance of ibo girls at school who currently far outnumber the boys both secondary and tertiary institutions as more and more ibo boys drop out of school. With the tide forcing many families to send their girl child to school, the parents would rather get back the monies spent on her since she is not considered a part of the family when she eventually leave for her husband's house, unlike the male child, she brings no value once she's gone. Bride price in iboland is calculated based on how they spent on her education and expected the husband for recompense.

To call you ode dey hungry me.

“Igbo girls outnumber Igbo boys”? And Yoruba boys outnumber Yoruba girls abi?

What you know absolutely nothing about, do not in anyway talk about it. You absolutely know nothing about your irresponsible topic.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by MadamVanessa(f): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
shocked

Clown.

I weep for this soul.

Let's just forget about his clownish obsession on the Igbos, and carefully look at his writing skills grin. This is his very best, yet filled with lot of blunders. With this, I am convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that his region is gradually overtaking the north as the region with the most unlettered individuals. No wonder they unapologetically supported Tinubu, because that's the best of the best from their illiterate filled region.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Neckpresser101: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

Another garbage from a scarface person

7 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Sergio103(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

You are really proving that most Yoruba are jobless

11 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Exclusive101: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
What is wrong in his posting being 100% about the southeast n Igbo don't you foolish Igbo create thread daily about Fulani when Buhari was president or have you fools stop creating thread about Yoruba Lagos n SW in general on this same platform or madness de plague your foolish Igbo head.

Zonefree:
About 94% of your posts are about Igbos and South East. Life is truly terrible for you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by MadamVanessa(f): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
Exclusive101:
What is wrong in his posting being 100% about the southeast n Igbo don't you foolish Igbo create thread daily about Fulani when Buhari was president or have you fools stop creating thread about Yoruba Lagos n SW in general on this same platform or madness de plague your foolish Igbo head.

shocked

Fóolish Igbo?

It takes a greater fool to identify a fool. Føolishness is inherently ingrained in all Yarabas DNA hence it took you less than no time to know that Igbos are foolish. I applaud your føolishness. Be proud of it, it's your heritage. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Ozommadu: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

You lie so shamelessly...igbos don't value the education of the girl child today??

Igbos have evolved that most lies told against them are obvious even to our enemies.

Anambra and igbo land has the highest cut off mark for unity school nationwide.

What about your region?? Why dem no carry first??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
Zonefree:
Truth is not obsession. There's no wrong helping to solve ibo problems.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by MadamVanessa(f): 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

Truth is not obsession. There's no wrong helping to solve ibo problems.
shocked

Solve hunger , poverty , illiteracy that is ravaging Yoruba land, solve skull mining , solve the killing of yaribas by Fulani herdsmen, go to Idp camp in benin republic, Cote D'Ivoire and solve yaribas problems there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
Cantonese:

To call you ode dey hungry me.

“Igbo girls outnumber Igbo boys”? And Yoruba boys outnumber Yoruba girls abi?

What you know absolutely nothing about, do not in anyway talk about it. You absolutely know nothing about your irresponsible topic.

Ibo girls far outnumber ibo boys in school- fact!. ibo girls are doing very well in academics while the boys are lagging behind. ibo boys are taken away from the villiage as early as 7yrs to serve as nwa boi, hundreds are taken away yearly. who fills the classrooms? the girls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
MadamVanessa:

Clown.

I weep for this soul.

Let's just forget about his clownish obsession about the Igbos, and carefully look at his writing skills. This is his very best, yet filled with lot of blunders. With this, I am convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that his region is gradually overtaking the north as the region with the most unlettered individuals. No wonder they unapologetically supported Tinubu, because that's the best of the best from their illiterate filled region.
I pity you, you're beneath me. When it comes to English, i could use it to sell you off to fulani herders and you sure know the rest of the story. i remember we used to make fun of your blunders on this forum, ipob illiterate.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by MadamVanessa(f): 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

I pity you, you're beneath me. When it comes to English, i could use it to sell you off to fulani herders and you sure know the rest of the story. i remember we used to make fun of your blunders on this forum, ipob illiterate.

shocked

Another one grin

Batdunce, I surrender, I accept it that I am beneath you. grin Batidiot your English is top notch.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ozommadu:

You lie so shamelessly...igbos don't value the education of the girl child today??

Igbos have evolved that most lies told against them are obvious even to our enemies.

Anambra and igbo land has the highest cut off mark for unity school nationwide.

What about your region?? Why dem no carry first??
Ibo girls are the pillar of education in the southeast, ibo boys are down the ladder, they are money masquarades, ogas in the city are using them to make money.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Solve hunger , poverty , illiteracy that is ravaging Yoruba land, solve skull mining , solve the killing of yaribas by Fulani herdsmen, go to Idp camp in benin republic, Cote D'Ivoire and solve yaribas problems there.
I know your intention, you want to mess up the thread so that the Mods would delete it. You should learn to act your age and try to be sane on a public forum.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Beremx(f): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
Na which beer parlor una discuss this matter? You and your fellow gossips are jobless.

Get a life asiri gbakute

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Naijaplos: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
[quote author=Pakute post=127232599]
Ibo girls are the pillar of education in the southeast, ibo boys are down the ladder, they are money masquarades, ogas in the city are using them to make money.[/pakote or wat u call ur self wetin igbo tribe do u, did dey kill ur mama or papa y d hate make u nor go die cuz of bp thinking of tribe]
Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by kettykin: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Very weak and sluggish mindset

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by joyandfaith: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

Pakute don catch this guy brain. While it is true that igbo people are addicted to making money, your narrative is idiotic.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Another one

Batdunce, I surrender, I accept it that I am beneath you. Batidiot your English is top notch.
You're a disgrace to your family. Have you heard of/come across the word "beneath" ever in your life?. I was giving credit to ibo girls being more educated than ibo boys but you're too quick to prove me wrong. "beneath" is just a basic word, you've got Google, why not look it up and clear up the dust in your head. You probably one of the ibo girls that become useless working as a book keeper in your husband's shop after graduating from school, otherwise, youq brain wouldn't struggle with a word a pry sch kids easily understand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by goodnessme1(f): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
Even fo0ls thinks they have a say about Igbos.

Who are the ibo sef

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Osoboshi: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Clown.

I weep for this soul.

Let's just forget about his clownish obsession about the Igbos, and carefully look at his writing skills grin. This is his very best, yet filled with lot of blunders. With this, I am convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that his region is gradually overtaking the north as the region with the most unlettered individuals. No wonder they unapologetically supported Tinubu, because that's the best of the best from their illiterate filled region.
lettered Easterners who are languishing in prisons all over the world I hail oooo😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
Naijaplos:
You're a big ---l.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by MadamVanessa(f): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pakute:

You're a disgrace to your family. Have you heard of/come across the word "beneath" ever in your life?. I was giving credit to ibo girls being more educated than ibo boys but you're too quick to prove me wrong. "beneath" is just a basic word, you've got Google, why not look it up and clear up the dust in your head. You probably one of the ibo girls that become useless working as a book keeper in your husband's shop after graduating from school, otherwise, youq brain wouldn't struggle with a word a pry sch kids easily understand.

shocked

This guy is irredeemably fóolish God!. You said I am beneath you, I accepted, and you still come back to cry that I don't know the meaning of beneath. I didn't know I was actually engaging a lunatic that is so confused. Please I am sorry.

You literally thought I was mocking you because of the word beneath? No, go back and read all what you wrote there if you'll be so proud of yourself. Please don't quote me again, I respond to normal people not deranged beings.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Beremx:
Na which beer parlor una discuss this matter? You and your fellow gossips are jobless.

Get a life asiri gbakute
Try and connect your brain na, do i look like someone who gets drunk on hero beer?. Ask yourself, would bride price be ridiculously high if ibo boys dominate education more than ibo girls?, will ibo parents give a fook about ibo girls if ibo boys make them proud in terms of education?, high bride price is the oppourtunity cost of ibo boys dropping out of school early and joining Oga in lagos as boi boi. High bride price is an oppourtunity cost of sending ibo girl to school, dem must recoup their money back. ibo people with ibo sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Simdyofficial(f): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Igbo amaka...God bless Biafra. God bless Nigeria God bless Africa
Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
MadamVanessa:

This guy is irredeemably fóolish God!. You said I am beneath you, I accepted, and you still come back to cry that I don't know the meaning of beneath. I didn't know I was actually engaging a lunatic that is so confused. Please I am sorry.

You literally thought I was mocking you because of the word beneath? No, go back and read all what you wrote there if you'll be so proud of yourself. Please don't quote me again, I respond to normal people not deranged beings.
No be you again?, you wey don run enter market, na cane fit cure your craze and that cane dey ground, you go jam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
goodnessme1:
Even fo0ls thinks they have a say about Igbos.

Who are the ibo sef
Better beg your boys to go to school instead of running after vehicles selling gala in traffic, so that your bride price can start coming down. Look at bbnaija Uriel, she has frozen her eggs, no husband because when suitors dey come, dem go carry one community list dey give dem, how she go marry?

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Simdyofficial:
Igbo amaka...God bless Biafra. God bless Nigeria God bless Africa
Be honest with yourself, can you stay in biafra?. Do you know why wise ibo girls dey enter inside hijab, dey marry Alhajis in the north, wise ibo girls prefer marrying Yoruba guys as a second wife. If you mention biafra beside them, they would slap you, because in biafra, ibo girls are seen as a commodity.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Apprentice System Affects The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls by Pakute: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
kettykin:
Very weak and sluggish mindset
Ibos need to change that mindset ASAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hardship: Nigerian Youths Declare National Prayer Of 'curse Be Unto Mahmoud Yaku / Have Heard Of Ths Party Nap Check This Out / Ladoja To Come Back, Akala To Go - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.