Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing (3253 Views)

Contact Addresses For FG Sponsored Autogas Conversion In Nigeria / Tin-can Port Is Collapsing, Says NPA / 'Our Party Is Collapsing' - Salihu Lukman, DG Of APC Governor's Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Yorubafather: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gerhards:

Look at the way both of you are crying profusely because of Igbos.... you never see anything yet. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

They are foolish tribe and self centered .... look at the way they arguing with each other over Ikwere, their lives depend on Igbos across river Niger indeed. what a shame .... fail parenting
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Yorubafather: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

ask them....they still think they can return old eastern region today after they fvckedup....

all this lines on maps was drawn by foreighn people called europeans anyways....

they still dont get it its about way of thinkin that separate us and not lines on a map....
if they understood back then,biafra war wouldnt have happened....

you fvckedup,people you offended retaliated....
for that you dragged a ol region into a senseless war....

you igbos should deal with your issues yourselves....!!
alone....!!

Do you even know what you are talking about? are you drunk? Ikweres and other Igbos across River Niger are proud of their Igboness.. nothing riff raff like you can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gerhards:

Little kid go to bed itโ€™s late

come and force me....!!
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yorubafather:

Do you even know what you are talking about? are you drunk? Ikweres and other Igbos across River Niger are proud of their Igboness.. nothing riff raff like you can do about it.

we dont care....
igbos are just another tribe in the delta....just like many others....
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gerhards:

Look at the way both of you are crying profusely because of Igbos.... you never see anything yet. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
It pains aborigine ikwerre when you associate us with Igbos. To us you are contaminating our blood. Any ikwerre man you call Igbo see it as you are calling him a slave. This is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Jeyun: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ttipsy:
I guess an Ogun, Abia or Akwa ibom man with English name is from British also

Your brain need a check
and why is the Ogun and awkaigbo man not bearing sukudi? Why bear kahinde
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Jeyun:

who cares....!!
stay in your region....!!
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Gerhards: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
Whalis:

It pains aborigine ikwerre when you associate us with Igbos. To us you are contaminating our blood. Any ikwerre man you call Igbo see it as you are calling him a slave. This is the problem.

Like The one Who post his picture on the first page... how can I expect mumu to understand that ...... na them go give half of your population BP last last ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Gerhards: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

who cares....!!

Lagos does not belong to Yorubaโ€™s, owners are Binis, Aworis and Egun, you canโ€™t come from Ogbomoso claiming Lagosian ... itโ€™s impossible ๐Ÿ‘Žpigs ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gerhards:

Lagos does not belong to Yorubaโ€™s, owners are Binis, Aworis and Egun, you canโ€™t come from Ogbomoso claiming Lagosian ... itโ€™s impossible ๐Ÿ‘Žpigs ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Yorubafather: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

It's one Nigeria and I have right to enter anywhere even your mama compound and nothing you can do about it

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2023
Gerhards:

Like The one Who post his picture on the first page... how can I expect mumu to understand that ...... na them go give half of your population BP last last ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜„
My brother. Anyone who doesn't know customs among us is called Isuoma which is a derogatory name we call them.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by gidgiddy: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
Whalis:

You don't need to argue with the fools. If ikwerre was Igbo why did Igbos run from Port Harcourt when the war started? No ethnic group in Rivers State sees ikwerre as Igbo. They know who are Igbos.
Like I have always told them Ikwerre does not have a problem if Igbos want to be ikwerre bit it mustn't be the other way round. Ikwerre has always been a superior ethnic group.

The problem is that there is no difference between the people called Igbo and the people called Ikwerre.

Tye only way I would even know whonis Ikwerre is dialect same as I would know who is Abakiliki, Nnsukka, Ngwa, Owerri, Wawa, by their dialects

So who then is Igbo if we can all understand ourselves?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Ttipsy(f): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
Jeyun:
why is the same Abia, Ogun, Rivers, Akwa ibom man bear John, Kingsley, Moses ?? Why not chukwudi, kehinde ,chinda, Obong ?
Mtcheww
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yorubafather:

It's one Nigeria and I have right to enter anywhere even your mama compound and nothing you can do about it

duhh....
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Abagworo(m): 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Whalis:

That's not true. Ikwerre was 100% Igbo until after the 1966 coup and killing of Ironsi that Gowon called for a meeting with Rivers State elders comprising of Ijaw and Ogoni but were told Ikwerre was the major stake holder in Port Harcourt and that they wouldn't want a State without Port Harcourt as capital. Some Ikwerre leaders were convinced that they had better stake in Rivers than East Central so they attended next meeting with Gowon and agreed to work with Ijaw and Ogoni with Port Harcourt as capital city. I think it was Eze Oriji that represented Ikwerre. During the war they were sacked and took refuge in present day Imo State and Etche. Ikwerre only became a new ethnic group after the civil war in order to reduce Igbo influence in the area now known as Rivers State for the sake of oil which was thought would make Igbos recover quickly from the impoverishment of the civil war.

The only thing Ikwerre cannot be called is Isoma cause it is used as derogatory term by Owerri, Ikwerre and Ohaji people in reference to Isu people bordering them to the Northwest. They never called Etche, Ndoki, Ogba and Ngwa as Isoma.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tsdarkside(m): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
Abagworo:

That's not true. Ikwerre was 100% Igbo until after the 1966 coup and killing of Ironsi that Gowon called for a meeting with Rivers State elders comprising of Ijaw and Ogoni but were told Ikwerre was the major stake holder in Port Harcourt and that they wouldn't want a State without Port Harcourt as capital. Some Ikwerre leaders were convinced that they had better stake in Rivers than East Central so they attended next meeting with Gowon and agreed to work with Ijaw and Ogoni with Port Harcourt as capital city. I think it was Eze Oriji that represented Ikwerre. During the war they were sacked and took refuge in present day Imo State and Etche. Ikwerre only became a new ethnic group after the civil war in order to reduce Igbo influence in the area now known as Rivers State for the sake of oil which was thought would make Igbos recover quickly from the impoverishment of the civil war.

The only thing Ikwerre cannot be called is Isoma cause it is used as derogatory term by Owerri, Ikwerre and Ohaji people in reference to Isu people bordering them to the Northwest. They never called Etche, Ndoki, Ogba and Ngwa as Isoma.

nobody cares....
keep your wahalas in the south east....

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Dream25: 12:22am On Dec 01, 2023
Pierocash:
shut up, and stop living in self delusion.

What you ikwerres are doing is like an Awori man, or ilaje man telling you he is not a Yoruba. No be idiocy be that
Why don't you call Igala people Yoruba??... undecided
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 5:24am On Dec 01, 2023
gidgiddy:

The problem is that there is no difference between the people called Igbo and the people called Ikwerre.

Tye only way I would even know whonis Ikwerre is dialect same as I would know who is Abakiliki, Nnsukka, Ngwa, Owerri, Wawa, by their dialects

So who then is Igbo if we can all understand ourselves?
Igbo is strange to us. People who are called Igbos know themselves. They are now moving about rubbing It on others that aren't. It is just like someone somewhere has his language and he calls himself Igbo. One day he left his abode and cane to you and understands he has some words similar with you. And instead of seeing you as related person or having a common ancestry he starts to give you name you haven't heard before. And the name is his own name. Bros if you have a brother , your brother will look like you and speaks the same language with you. It doesn't make you to be called your brother's name. He may have 100 children while you have just 5. Anyone who calls you or your children your brother's name offends you. This is what Igbos should know. As an ikwerre man I see a lot of similarities with the Igbos especially in words. Other way of life is different. Igbos will talk about market days. Theirs is 4 in ikwerre it is 5.
The life of a typical ikwerre man is in several way unique to that of an Igbo person. Amaechi and Wike are a good example.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 5:42am On Dec 01, 2023
Abagworo:

To us all Igbos are called Isuoma. Etche is not Igbo. Ogba is not. The rest u mentioned are.
That God you can research. Please search about Rumumasi Declaration. It happened in 1965. This was before the war and coup and counter coup. By then Igbos had Eastern Nigeria in their pockets and Ikwerres had everything to gain should they accept to be Igbos. But they vehemently rejected it and made an open declaration about that.
Please search again about Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention formation. It was formed in 1964 even before Igbos thought of Ohaneze Ndigbo.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 5:50am On Dec 01, 2023
Dream25:

Why don't you call Igala people Yoruba??... undecided
Don't mind the fools. They want to get connected to blue blood. Ask Asari if his great grand father ever slaved an ikwerre person. Ikwerre is just by the coast and very close to the ijaws.
These people travel all over the world. They recognised Spain and Portugal as different people despite speaking similar language. The same with Poland and Ukraine. Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. Malaysia and Indonesia. Yoruba and Itshekiri. Urhobo and Isoko. They recognised these people as different people despite sharing a lot in common in terms of language spoken. But the same people won't let Ikwerres be. Ikwerre has never and will never identify with the Igbos. Those Ikwerres like the poster are Arochukwu remnants found in Isiokpo and Elele. They are the one at the forefront of this ill campaign.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Odibembem: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2023
Sadwaste:

Lol, how will I be looking for work when people are working under me. I provide jobs for people, at least some families are feeding based on the jobs I offered them.

Sorry, it's not everyone in nairaland that is hungry like you grin.

Meanwhile, I like the part in bold, it's indeed a very sad waste where skulls are mined everyday cheesy cheesy

Men of gold don't need to wear gold. If u were rich u won't need to boast about it. U are a poor man, only poor people make d claims u making about feeding others. Go and do your hustling pls
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by wirinet(m): 6:13am On Dec 01, 2023
Ttipsy:
oga as long as one bear igbo, yoruba, hausa, Bini names makes you a native of these ethnic groups

Stop bringing British here, we are African and we donโ€™t joke with our origin!

Millions of Nigerians bear English names, Indians bear English names because of colonial influence, does that make them British ?

You are really dumb and obviously need a brain check ! Look at this one telling me about British , lol . You are old but still donโ€™t have sense
False premise.
People sometimes bear names due to cultural or language assimilation, gaining political or social advantage or simply close contact and admiration of the people. Many examples abound. Many Urhobo and Ijaw people bear itsekiri names a good example is Richard Mofe Damijo, an urhobo man bearing itsekiri name. Many igbos born and bred in the South West bear Yoruba names. Same in the north, so many Mohammeds with northern surnames that are from the south east.
Many parents have named their children Lionel or even Messi because of the admiration of the footballer, even not being Argentinian.

My grouse with the OP is trying to force his preferred identity on others. If he feels igbo as an Ikwerre man, fine, that's his perogative. But if another man feels he is not Igbo, that's their own perogative also. You cannot impose identity on another person.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by tubolancer(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2023
Sadwaste:

Stop decieving yourself, right from the first republic, you guys have hated Igbos till today. You're only disappointed that Igbos are strong enough to fight you back to a standstill.

You're not better than Igbos in any way, we still remain the real developers and progressives. It was your hate and bigotry that make you guys to vote for condemned criminals and dumb people instead of supporting progressive and incorruptible Igbos like Peter Obi.

I'm more enlightened about Nigeria than you and your father. Your NYSC is now totally useless except for providing teachers and doctors in Northern Nigeria where there is severe scarcity.
Dem just released this slowpoke.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Sadwaste: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
Whalis:

You're just an ignorant child. Ikwerre is just a small clan that can't be compared with the great Igbo race in anything.

Igbos have long existed for eons before ikwerres eventually emerged. When you study your history, you will realize that ikwerres are offshoots of Igbos who were influenced by other minorities surrounding them.

An ikwerre guy is telling you ignorant ones that he is Igbo, but you're so senseless to be accusing Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Sadwaste: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Odibembem:

Men of gold don't need to wear gold. If u were rich u won't need to boast about it. U are a poor man, only poor people make d claims u making about feeding others. Go and do your hustling pls

You're dumb. Where did you see me boast? The fool was the one that tried to insult me and I corrected him. He said I'm jobless and told him I can't be jobless when I'm employing breadwinners.

I never claimed to be wealthy, but I'm comfortable. You can believe whatever you want to believe.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Saltinny: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2023
Whalis:

My brother. Anyone who doesn't know customs among us is called Isuoma which is a derogatory name we call them.

Head slammer be proud of your Ilorin ancestry. Any way when are you going to liberate your people and install Oba of Ilorin? ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Whalis: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sadwaste:

You're just an ignorant child. Ikwerre is just a small clan that can't be compared with the great Igbo race in anything.

Igbos have long existed for eons before ikwerres eventually emerged. When you study your history, you will realize that ikwerres are offshoots of Igbos who were influenced by other minorities surrounding them.

An ikwerre guy is telling you ignorant ones that he is Igbo, but you're so senseless to be accusing Igbos.
And you believe him? You are a mumu man. That is how they will become president of your Ohaneze one day.
People who rejected you before, during and after the war.
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Emyogalanya: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ttipsy:
I guess an Ogun, Abia or Akwa ibom man with English name is from British also

Your brain need a check
Leave out colooial names we are talking about native nig names. Those things you call english names are Merely ceremonial for Baptism in churches. By the way they're not even Purely english names so to speak. You mean james john and amerew etc are english names? These are Hebrew names o. native to the jews
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by googlepikins: 12:45am On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:
What a sad waste. No go find productive work do

you think everyone is as useless as you are
Re: Igbos In SS: Seems FG Sponsored Igbophobia Is Collapsing by Yorubafather: 1:53am On Dec 02, 2023
wirinet:

False premise.
People sometimes bear names due to cultural or language assimilation, gaining political or social advantage or simply close contact and admiration of the people. Many examples abound. Many Urhobo and Ijaw people bear itsekiri names a good example is Richard Mofe Damijo, an urhobo man bearing itsekiri name. Many igbos born and bred in the South West bear Yoruba names. Same in the north, so many Mohammeds with northern surnames that are from the south east.
Many parents have named their children Lionel or even Messi because of the admiration of the footballer, even not being Argentinian.

My grouse with the OP is trying to force his preferred identity on others. If he feels igbo as an Ikwerre man, fine, that's his perogative. But if another man feels he is not Igbo, that's their own perogative also. You cannot impose identity on another person.

Nobody is imposing Identity on anyone, Ikwerres are Igboid and we love each other, case closed. hope you are okay now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State / Tender Ballot Act In The Electoral Act / Tribalism And Religion Fanaticism Is Killing This Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.