Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k (23891 Views)

What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Man Shows Off N43k Plate Of Eba And Soup (Pictures) / This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by lionshare: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
If the rice doesn't woo after cooking, then it's not value for money.

too funny you got me looking for the meaning of "woo" in english dictionary grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by EndRape2(f): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
Where do we buy it now.
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Ykc2(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
When we are doing doggy style this what we see🤮

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Ykc2(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
When we are doing doggy style this what we see

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Bluntemperor: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

no subsidies....!!
finish subsudis....!!
you nigerians are too lazy....that is a simple fact....!!
pay international price and stfu....!!

You are not getting it- because we are talking about food for all Nigerians,so whatever that can drive the Price down and make it affordable for Nigerians,is highly welcome!
• I once Suggested to President Tinubu:
• to allow Massive Rice Importations - in view of the CBN- failures to get Farmers Money through the Anchor Borrowers Money Unaccounted- running into NTrillions, according to Reports,because of Fraudulent Manipulations Activities, from CBN Past Management,so Farmers have no money and therefore there are no Seed Plantation and No Foods for Nigerians! A hungry Nation,are angry People!
•Added to this is the Criminal activities of Bokoharam, Kidnappers,the Terrorists-chasing away the Farmers and destroying their Farmlands,Houses and Properties, especially in the Northern Nigeria! Security is a Must for Farmers!
• The best Short term Solutions is to Imports Rice ( which the CBN Management have done,by lifting the ban with )other 42- Other Items and Subsidized it for the next 3- yrs and the Nigerian Government - should now seat down with Federal and State Agencies, and Farmers Co-Operative ,on how we can have good Food Surplies and Surplus on a Longer Term and Exports some to other Foreign Countries to earn Foreign Exchange Currencies- Short term and Long Term Measures must be embraced by Nigerians!
• So far, CBN have not given the nods that it had lifted the Ban of these Items- as Nigerians are not hearing from the Agriculture Minister- who are those Importing the Rice- for Nigerians to hold them Accountable,as nobody is talking to the Masses- when do we have the Rice and others in Nigeria, even the Customs Officials are stopping and arresting those bringing Rice through Idi- Iroko and othe borders,as if they have not read the Orders to Import Rice,etc! Meanwhile Nigerians are hungry!
•Dr Adesina-of AfDB-did this ,while he was an Agriculture Minister then under GEJ and even have Open -Wallets - for Farmers- to Fund their Farms,so since the Minister left Nigeria,so what went Wrong with Agriculture Sector? Who do we hold Accountable in Agriculture Sector now?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Ezmans: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Righthussle:
Lagos is in good hands.
ordinary 20k
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Faposky95: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Righthussle:
Lagos is in good hands.

No let poverty kiiii yu there
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Faposky95: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
rantingpigs:
SHAMELESS PEOPLE. YOU ARE RE-SELLING THE PALLIATIVE RICE THAT WAS ALREADY PAID FOR.

YOU ARE SHAMELESS PEOPLE...

ALL APC Supporters are worthless and useless. cool

This is the height
So The palliative is being sold.....?
I saw rice @ 47k at a Dept store......
You'll know when abi na their way......APC

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by lionshare: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You are not getting it- because we are talking about food for all Nigerians,so whatever that can drive the Price down and make it affordable for Nigerians,is highly welcome!
• I once Suggested to President Tinubu:
• to allow Massive Rice Importations - in view of the CBN- failures to get Farmers Money through the Anchor Borrowers Money Unaccounted- running into NTrillions, according to Reports,because of Fraudulent Manipulations Activities, from CBN Past Management,so Farmers have no money and therefore there are no Seed Plantation and No Foods for Nigerians! A hungry Nation,are angry People!
•Added to this is the Criminal activities of Bokoharam, Kidnappers,the Terrorists-chasing away the Farmers and destroying their Farmlands,Houses and Properties, especially in the Northern Nigeria! Security is a Must for Farmers!
• The best Short term Solutions is to Imports Rice ( which the CBN Management have done,by lifting the ban with )other 42- Other Items and Subsidized it for the next 3- yrs and the Nigerian Government - should now seat down with Federal and State Agencies, and Farmers Co-Operative ,on how we can have good Food Surplies and Surplus on a Longer Term and Exports some to other Foreign Countries to earn Foreign Exchange Currencies- Short term and Long Term Measures must be embraced by Nigerians!
• So far, CBN have not given the nods that it had lifted the Ban of these Items- as Nigerians are not hearing from the Agriculture Minister- who are those Importing the Rice- for Nigerians to hold them Accountable,as nobody is talking to the Masses- when do we have the Rice and others in Nigeria, even the Customs Officials are stopping and arresting those bringing Rice through Idi- Iroko and othe borders,as if they have not read the Orders to Import Rice,etc! Meanwhile Nigerians are hungry!
•Dr Adesina-of AfDB-did this ,while he was an Agriculture Minister then under GEJ and even have Open -Wallets - for Farmers- to Fund their Farms,so since the Minister left Nigeria,so what went Wrong with Agriculture Sector? Who do we hold Accountable in Agriculture Sector now?

Good idea! IMO it does not appear as if we have comparative advantage in rice/paddy production compared to corn/meat---lets focus on the areas we are certain of results.
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Daystar7: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
Local rice 'll never enter my house, what rubbish? 43k? When I can get foreign for 39k? Ogun go kill all APC supporters and miscreants, ur lives 'll be mismanaged by God the same way y'all destroying my country. Bloody idiots. Might even be palliative for the poor who knows
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Faposky95: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Tinubu developed Lagos, he made USA to be jealous of Lagos because no state or city in the world is as developed as Lagos. He will replicate same in Nigeria. grin So this was what the fool wanted to replicate that we hear of ?

Since people from that side are known to rice thieves, they should vandalized where the rice are kept , ofcourse they're so poor they won't even be able to afford the price of the rice, so best thing to do is to steal it as they always do.

Talk......
That Lagosians ... Wat...?!
Then wat about Gaddafi......?!
Yu can't force it out of my mouth......!!!!!
Did shit.......
There are revolutionary leaders like Lula of Brazil......try him for size.
Go see how people cannot buy...and we're not yet at full scale war
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Qoko: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Someone is selling it for N53,000 in Ikotun, you can call for evidence. #Ekoonibaje
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Khyrvxjzy: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

sharrap....!!

frustration

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2023
Tinubu, Ogun kill u there!

Sanwo-Olu, Ogun kill u there!

All of Una motherfucking Nigerian politicians from highest rank to the lowest rank, na Ogun go kill all of Una...

Una family will rot in doom and tribulation...

This year shall be filled with sorrow for all of Una....

E no go better for all of Una together!
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by sparko1(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
1TrippleCee:
It wont work. 20,000 bags for millions of people. Open the border and give tax grants to import rice.

It is not just the availability and viability of rice
the quality of the produced rice matters more. The policy of encouraging home grown rice has failed. For eight years has failed to produce top quality rice

You want the border opened because of the price but at the risk of the economy, by now we should be able to produce enough food ourselves.

The cost may be high but it's a gain for the economy.
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by 1TrippleCee: 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2023
sparko1:

You want the border opened because of the price but at the risk of the economy, by now we should be able to produce enough food ourselves.

I have not tasted good rice in years. Do you know the horror this creates and causes us as a nation ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by XAUBulls: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by soccerlite: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
20,000 bags for Lagos

And a whole government is involved in this shameful thing

Funny

Indigenous rice is costly and low output, so what the fuse

Nigeria can't produce sufficient and cost effective rice even maize

Focus on casavva, yam, vegetables, palmoil

Let rice be imported
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Hotice085: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Biola67: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
All this Obidient people go sha see something talk 😆😆
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Snoolv360(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Locally produced rice at 43k and you are proud to announce this? Aye nse yin e nlo Ogun eje. Dan buruba , onyonsi people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Raf4: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
gare:

Una try, but this is not enough for a street in Lagos 😂 they should be looking at 200 million not 20,000 we are not serious

200million bags of rice? You wan feed the whole of Africa ni?
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by Babangidapikin: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
Oga Sanwo Olu release 200000 bags na ..you are bigger than this ... I forgot awon Bandits werey have taking over the farms ... Na wa o ... Nigeria Police how far ? ... Bandits na internal aggressors ... You na no get special combat unit ....
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by mrwill123: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
Another poor welferism. A times I just wish I don't any thing cos the more you know the more grief you become.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by themanderon: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
Waste of time. Greedy Nigerians will simply buy it up and resell at inflated prices. That's how wicked and greedy people are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by gare(f): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
Obakoolex:

Quoting the whole write up to spew rubbish is lack of intelligence

Are you ok at all? Why can't you just mind your business, Mr. Intelligent. People like you are the problem of this country, I believe if they do away with your likes the country will be better ode

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by soccerlite: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
sparko1:

Rice is a staple food for every home

Nigeria isn't producing enough for various reasons

Why should border not be open to supplement for the short fall

And let people have food to eat

What's rice production to nigeria economy growth, negligible

Even major cash crops which give multiple returns of income are not looked after

Well maybe you feel rice should be good for the rich politicians alone, others should be eating garri, fufu only

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by 82man: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
20,000 bag of rice to 20 million plus people in Lagos state , what an insult
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by 82man: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Your 4 years food , don't complain of increasing price oooooo
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by soccerlite: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
mrwill123:
Another poor welferism. A times I just wish I don't any thing cos the more you know the more grief you become.

I tell you
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by sparko1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
1TrippleCee:

I have not tasted good rice in years. Do you know the horror this creates and causes us as a nation?

So it's about palatability, you can't expect to taste the same, but I can assure it, it contains the expected nutrients.

I am sure there's land in your village, grow good rice if you feel those growing it are doing it wrong.

We should learn to feed ourselves if not, by 2100 the country will be so indebted we won't be to afford anything.
Re: Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k by 1TrippleCee: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
sparko1:

So it's about palatability, you can't expect to taste the same, but I can assure it, it contains the expected nutrients.

I am sure there's land in your village, grow good rice if you feel those growing it are doing it wrong.

We should learn to feed ourselves if not, by 2100 the country will be so indebted we won't be to afford anything.

If it doesnt taste well, how can it contain the same nutrients. Abegi. Stop talking up your ethic centered governance. Nigeria has a country doesnt have the capacity to farm good rice. Simple as abc. And for farming, i farm tens of acres

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? / ****Oyinbo Wey Share Love For EGUSI**** / Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.