Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Help, I Can't Fast. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, I Can't Fast. (486 Views)

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

This is it, I find it very difficult to fast. If I don't eat before 11am, I will develop headache that will last the whole day no matter what I later eat.

I feel so hungry that one will think I have not eaten for days even when I eat before going to bed.

Please what can I do to improve in fasting. I have not gone beyond 2pm which is occasionally.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2023
Dada4me:
Hello everyone, This is it, I find it very difficult to fast. If I don't eat before 11am, I will develop headache that will last the whole day no matter what I later eat. I feel so hungry that one will think I have not eaten for days even when I eat before going to bed. Please what can I do to improve in fasting. I have not gone beyond 2pm which is occasionally.
To loose weight, what you need to do is cut down your daily calorie intake, not actually starve yourself of food(fast). Fasting has been shown to be less effective means of weight loss. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To loose weight, what you need to do is cut down your daily calorie intake, not actually starve yourself of food(fast). Fasting has been shown to be less effective means of weight loss. undecided

My fasting is for religion purpose not to loose weight
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Dada4me:
■ My fasting is for religion purpose not to loose weight
What deity? undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What deity? undecided

My fasting is to God, the father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:

Ignore that lady called Kobo. His next quote will be to ask you where Jesus Christ told us to fast in the Bible. He is well known on this forum for misinterpreting scriptures.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:

Ignore that lady called Kobo. His next quote will be to ask you where Jesus Christ told us to fast in the Bible. He is well known on this forum for misinterpreting scriptures.

Exactly what i wanted to ask:

Is there anywhere in the Bible that Jesus said fasting (abstinence from food or skipping meals) is compulsory for believers? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:

If truly you want to FAST in an approved manner before God it has nothing to do with your skipping meals or hunger strike.

This is what the true God accept as FASTING:

*Share what you have with your neighbours who is in need of it.
*Forgive and forget the wrong your neighbour did to hurt you.
*Use your time, energy and resources to help those close to you even though there's nothing to receive as compensation.
This is the type of FASTING God requires from His worshipers who are doing so in spirit and truth! Isaiah 58:3-8

Not when you keep all these away them start starving yourself hypocritically claiming it's for God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by AyobamiIsaac12: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If truly you want to FAST in an approved manner before God it has nothing to do with your skipping meals or hunger strike.

*Use your time, energy and resources to help those close to you even though there's nothing to receive as compensation.
This is the type of FASTING God requires from His worshipers who are doing so in spirit and truth! Isaiah 58:3-8

Not when you keep all these away them start starving yourself hypocritically claiming it's for God!
Ignore this one too
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ My fasting is to God, the father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Did God or even Jesus Christ ever in fact ask you to starve yourself of food in order to get his attention? undecided

Nowhere in Scripture did God in fact say that if you want His attention and answer you should deprive yourself of food. As a matter of fact, God said that when you eat or deprive yourself(diet) you do so for your own good. So, when you deprive yourself of food, why do you resolve that God is pleased by it too? undecided

The kind of fasting God wants is detailed in Isaiah 58. Isaiah was prophet in Judah during the period between 740 - 726 BC, that is approximately 2750 years ago. Think about what that means for a minute. God established the kind of fasting ---- absolutely not starvation fasting ---- that He wants His people to carry out when they desire to fast over 2700 years ago, yet to this day, rather than do as God has commanded and established through His prophets, you engage in a ritual entirely opposite of that which God commands yet you say you do it for God. Don't you see that it means you don't even reverence God at all even though you claim to do so with your tongue? undecided

Look, it is not by force to believe in God and you benefit absolutely nothing when you say you believe in God yet the things you do using His name have nothing to do with that which He commands. No reason to lie to yourself because God makes clear that He only answers those who obey Him anyways. So if you can't do as God commands, then forget God completely and live your life on your own terms. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Ignore this one too
He will jare, he surely will! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by world123: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
You know you can talk to God. Ask him for grace to fast.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did God or even Jesus Christ ever in fact ask you to starve yourself of food in order to get his attention? undecided

Nowhere in Scripture did God in fact say that if you want His attention and answer you should deprive yourself of food. As a matter of fact, God said that when you eat or deprive yourself(diet) you do so for your own good. So, when you deprive yourself of food, why do you resolve that God is pleased by it too? undecided

The kind of fasting God wants is detailed in Isaiah 58. Isaiah was prophet in Judah during the period between 740 - 726 BC, that is approximately 2750 years ago. Think about what that means for a minute. God established the kind of fasting ---- absolutely not starvation fasting ---- that He wants His people to carry out when they desire to fast over 2700 years ago, yet to this day, rather than do as God has commanded and established through His prophets, you engage in a ritual entirely opposite of that which God commands yet you say you do it for God. Don't you see that it means you don't even reverence God at all even though you claim to do so with your tongue? undecided

Look, it is not by force to believe in God and you benefit absolutely nothing when you say you believe in God yet the things you do using His name have nothing to do with that which He commands. No reason to lie to yourself because God makes clear that He only answers those who obey Him anyways. So if you can't do as God commands, then forget God completely and live your life on your own terms. undecided

Please explain 1 Corinthians 7:5.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What of Matthew 17:20-21?
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is there anywhere in the Bible that Jesus said fasting (abstinence from food or skipping meals) is compulsory for believers? undecided

Jesus Himself fasted in Matthew chapter 4 by abstaining from food and He did it as example for us.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It is not compulsory but necessary, occasionally as some situations might demand.

Matthew 17:20-21
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ Please explain 1 Corinthians 7:5.
This passsage is Paul's opinion regarding the having of sexual relations between married people. undecided
1. Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all.
2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.
3 The husband should give his wife what she deserves as his wife. And the wife should give her husband what he deserves as her husband.
4 The wife does not have power over her own body. Her husband has the power over her body. And the husband does not have power over his own body. His wife has the power over his body.
5 Don’t refuse to give your bodies to each other. But you might both agree to stay away from sex for a while so that you can give your time to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not be able to tempt you in your weakness.
6 I say this only to give you permission to be separated for a time. It is not a rule.
7 I wish everyone could be like me. But God has given each person a different ability. He makes some able to live one way, others to live a different way. - 1 Corinthians 7 vs 1 - 7
Jesus Christ made clear to those who are born-again that their marriages were of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - affirmations God's ruling regarding marriage from after the fall of man in Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ What of Matthew 17:20-21?
Becareful what you chose to believe. Jesus Christ never asked His disciples to starve themselves of food to honor God. Recall this is the same Jesus Christ who allowed His followers to go out in the field on the sabbath day to pluck food to eat. And He is the same Jesus Christ who announced that His followers could eat anything they wanted or so desired because it is not what you eat that makes you unclean in the Kingdom of God. So it is especially out of order to believe that the same Jesus Christ would then suggest to His same disciples that by starving themselves of food, they honor His Father. undecided
14 Jesus and the followers went back to the people. A man came to Jesus and bowed before him.
15 The man said, “Lord, be kind to my son. He suffers so much from the seizures he has. He often falls into the fire or into the water.
16 I brought him to your followers, but they could not heal him.”
17 Jesus answered, “You people today have no faith. Your lives are so wrong! How long must I stay with you? How long must I continue to be patient with you? Bring the boy here.”
18 Jesus gave a strong command to the demon inside the boy. The demon came out of the boy, and the boy was healed.
19 Then the followers came to Jesus alone. They said, “We tried to force the demon out of the boy, but we could not. Why were we not able to make the demon go out?
20 Jesus answered, “You were not able to make the demon go out, because your faith is too small. Believe me when I tell you, if your faith is only as big as a mustard seed you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. You will be able to do anything.”
21 - Matthew 17 vs 14 - 21
Nowhere in the entire context of the passage above did Jesus Christ suggest that you should starve yourself of food to cast out a demon. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This passsage is Paul's opinion regarding the having of sexual relations between married people. undecided
Jesus Christ made clear to those who are born-again that their marriages were of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - affirmations God's ruling regarding marriage from after the fall of man in Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided

You've gone far, please take the word of God at face value.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ You've gone far, please take the word of God at face value.
If you did that you would know there is absolutely no reason why you would pretend God is pleased when you starve yourself of food. Why? Because nowhere in all of Scripture is it written that God is pleased when you starve yourself of food. The Allah of the Muslims may be pleased by it but not the God of Israel and certainly not Jesus Christ who made it known that He and His Father are one — in agreement and accord. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Becareful what you chose to believe. Jesus Christ never asked His disciples to starve themselves of food to honor God. Recall this is the same Jesus Christ who allowed His followers to go out in the field on the sabbath day to pluck food to eat. And He is the same Jesus Christ who announced that His followers could eat anything they wanted or so desired because it is not what you eat that makes you unclean in the Kingdom of God. So it is especially out of order to believe that the same Jesus Christ would then suggest to His same disciples that by starving themselves of food, they honor His Father. undecided
Nowhere in the entire context of the passage above did Jesus Christ suggest that you should starve yourself of food to cast out a demon. undecided

Fasting does not imply starving, it's abstinence from food for a period of time determined by you.

If you skip your breakfast because you don't feel like eating, does it mean you are starving?
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ Fasting does not imply starving, it's abstinence from food for a period of time determined by you.
■ If you skip your breakfast because you don't feel like eating, does it mean you are starving?
1. The point here is did God ask you to abstain from eating food? If your answer is yes, show us where this is contained in Scripture God said any such.. undecided

2. Technically it does mean you are starving yourself because you recognize breakfast as a meal but choose not to eat it for other reasons. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The point here is did God ask you to abstain from eating food? If your answer is yes, show us where this is contained in Scripture God said any such.. undecided

2. Technically it does mean you are starving yourself because you recognize breakfast as a meal but choose not to eat it for other reasons. undecided

I just gave you Matthew 17:20-21 but you explained it to suit yourself.

The Bible never said we should not smoke but I believe you will not smoke because of that.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ I just gave you Matthew 17:20-21 but you explained it to suit yourself.
■The Bible never said we should not smoke but I believe you will not smoke because of that.
Point to how exactly I explained it to suit myself. undecided

What you said about smoking is bullsheet! I don't smoke ONLY because the Surgeon general says that smoking is a likely cause of lung cancer. If not, I would smoke as much as I wanted. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Point to how exactly I explained it to suit myself. undecided

What you said about smoking is bullsheet! I don't smoke ONLY because the Surgeon general says that smoking is a likely cause of lung cancer. If not, I would smoke as much as I wanted. undecided

What you believe works for you, please leave me to my believe, Mr Bullshit.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
What you believe works for you, please leave me to my believe, Mr Bullshit.
You accused me of spinning scripture but you are not able to prove it, are you? And now rather than admit it, you instead push me away by pretending the Truth of God can be divided up into different types almost as if to suggest that God is OK with people doing as they please, abi? undecided

It is always easier to throw God under the bus than admit you have had it wrong all along, isn't it? undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You accused me of spinning scripture but you are not able to prove it, are you? And now rather than admit it, you instead push me away by pretending the Truth of God can be divided up into different types almost as if to suggest that God is OK with people doing as they please, abi? undecided

It is always easier to throw God under the bus than admit you have had it wrong all along, isn't it? undecided

Ok, I admit. Good night.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:

What of Matthew 17:20-21?
How will you feel if i tell you that Matthew chapter 17 has no verse 21? undecided

The original writing has no chapters or verses it was later divided into chapters and verses by scholars for easy quoting for references so in the process of doing so some overzealous scholars imputed what was added in verse 21.

But if you're truly interested in knowing the truth check verse 21 in other versions of the Bible like the Revised Standard Version, Jerusalem Bible, American Standard Version, NIV and so on the only version where verse 21 appears in Matthew 17 is the KJV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:

Jesus Himself fasted in Matthew chapter 4 by abstaining from food and He did it as example for us.

NO, Jesus didn't set fasting as example for his disciples!
If you doubt it then answer the following questions:

Where are we to fast, in the house or wilderness?
Are we to decide on our own or led by God's Holy Spirit?
When is the right time to break such fasting?
Did Jesus prescribed fasting for his disciples in details?

Whatever Jesus wants us to imitate will be clearly stated not what happened to him once in his lifetime but wasn't repeated for emphasis sake.

Jesus never intended to fast because after those days the Bible recorded that he became hungry which supposed not to be if it was intentional! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dada4me:
■ Ok, I admit. Good night.
This isn't about me but about you not letting the lies of religion to rule over your perception of who God is and what He requires of those who desire to receive answers from Him. The fact that God never asked any man to starve Himself of food to hear from Him reveals that much of what religion has taught you are lies and have nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ for that matter. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

How will you feel if i tell you that Matthew chapter 17 has no verse 21? undecided

The original writing has no chapters or verses it was later divided into chapters and verses by scholars for easy quoting for references so in the process of doing so some overzealous scholars imputed what was added in verse 21.

But if you're truly interested in knowing the truth check verse 21 in other versions of the Bible like the Revised Standard Version, Jerusalem Bible, American Standard Version, NIV and so on the only version where verse 21 appears in Matthew 17 is the KJV.

Now I get where you're coming from, good night.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by jaephoenix(m): 12:46am On Dec 02, 2023
Dada4me:

What would Yahweh do for you for starving yourself unnecessarily?

(1) (2) (Reply)

deleted / Merry Christmas To God: The Bonus / Whoever Practices & Teaches Perfection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.