Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Help, I Can't Fast. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, I Can't Fast. (478 Views)

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:58am On Dec 02, 2023
Dada4me:

Now I get where you're coming from, good night.
It's about what the scriptures mandated for believers against what people feel is necessary due to hearing that others in Bible times did it.

I was once a Muslim the one and only reason Muslims are doing this is because they heard it was done by servants of God in ancient times but the reasonableness in this practice is never stated so people just feel they must starve themselves because they heard it was common practice in ancient times.

Now back to the topic of this thread:

You can only get needed help to do what God require but when there's no specific guidelines on what you're asking then you have to go on doing it perfunctorily.

May you have PEACE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by BXNX: 8:45am On Dec 02, 2023
Dada4me:
Hello everyone,

This is it, I find it very difficult to fast. If I don't eat before 11am, I will develop headache that will last the whole day no matter what I later eat.

I feel so hungry that one will think I have not eaten for days even when I eat before going to bed.

Please what can I do to improve in fasting. I have not gone beyond 2pm which is occasionally.

Do you smoke weed?
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2023
BXNX:

Do you smoke weed?

No, I'm very religious.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by FRANCISTOWN: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
Ignore this one too
Many christians on this forum have a very dull knowledge of the bible.
Jesus Christ himself said In Matt 17:20-21

Matt 6:17 But you when thou fastest, wash your face and anoint your head. Instead, comb your hair and wash your face.

The world when is different from if . The word when is used for a certain event.

Even in Luke 5: 30-35 "... But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those days they will fast.

Your Jesus said "You will fast"

1 Like

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by FRANCISTOWN: 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2023
Dada4me:
Hello everyone,

This is it, I find it very difficult to fast. If I don't eat before 11am, I will develop headache that will last the whole day no matter what I later eat.

I feel so hungry that one will think I have not eaten for days even when I eat before going to bed.

Please what can I do to improve in fasting. I have not gone beyond 2pm which is occasionally.

If you're fasting for religious reasons, then you are wasting your own time because there is no deity anywhere that rewards people for fasting
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Matt 6:17 But you when thou fastest, wash your face and anoint your head. Instead, comb your hair and wash your face.
The world when is different from if . The word when is used for a certain event.
Even in Luke 5: 30-35 "... But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those days they will fast.

So how did the first century Christians fasted?
What time did they start to what time?
Who announced it that they should start it?

Ọmọ Jesus simply means they will be terrified to the extent that they will loose their appetite and that's exactly what happened to his disciples they couldn't eat days after his death until his resurrection and the first thing he presented to them was FOOD:

While they were speaking of these things, he himself stood in their midst and said to them: “May you have peace.” But because they were terrified and frightened, they imagined that they were seeing a spirit. So he said to them: “Why are you troubled, and why have doubts come up in your hearts?See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you see that I have.” And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.  But while they were still not believing for sheer joy and amazement, he said to them: “Do you have something there to eat? Luke 24:36-41

Do you think they will still continue grieving and unable to eat while he is right in their midst eating?
Meaning they don't need going on hunger strike! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

If you're fasting for religious reasons, then you are wasting your own time because there is no deity anywhere that rewards people for fasting

Na WA o, no wonder the Bible says a natural man cannot discern the things of the spirit.

You can't change my mind, just answer my question or keep mute if you have no answer.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Dada4me: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So how did the first century Christians fasted?

Ọmọ Jesus simply means they will be terrified to the extent that they will loose their appetite and that's exactly what happened to his disciples they couldn't eat days after his death until his resurrection and the first thing he presented to them was FOOD:

While they were speaking of these things, he himself stood in their midst and said to them: “May you have peace.” But because they were terrified and frightened, they imagined that they were seeing a spirit. So he said to them: “Why are you troubled, and why have doubts come up in your hearts?See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you see that I have.” And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.  But while they were still not believing for sheer joy and amazement, he said to them: “Do you have something there to eat? Luke 24:36-41

Do you think they will still continue grieving and unable to eat while he is right in their midst eating?
Meaning they don't need going on hunger strike! wink

Jesus said they don't need to fast because He is still with them but they will fast after His departure from them.

I am not surprised at the way you twist the scriptures to turn people's mind from the pure and simple Gospel they've had.

Truly, a natural man cannot discern the things of the spirit.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
Dada4me:

Jesus said they don't need to fast because He is still with them but they will fast after His departure from them. I am not surprised at the way you twist the scriptures to turn people's mind from the pure and simple Gospel they've had.
Truly, a natural man cannot discern the things of the spirit.

We're both saying the same thing.

So answer those questions if you're a believer and not just being dogmatic:

How did the first century Christians fasted?
How many days did Christians fasted? smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by AyobamiIsaac12: 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Seriously. I wonder where they get their understanding of the Bible from. Definitely not from the Holy Spirit. Something was clearly written that a time would come when we would need to fast, they misinterpreted it.
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Mamayam: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To loose weight, what you need to do is cut down your daily calorie intake, not actually starve yourself of food(fast). Fasting has been shown to be less effective means of weight loss. undecided

Is fasting also not cutting down Calorie intake?
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Dec 03, 2023
Mamayam:
■ Is fasting also not cutting down Calorie intake?
Cutting back on one's caloric intake is sort of different from skipping meals entirely. undecided
Re: Help, I Can't Fast. by orisa37: 12:19am On Dec 03, 2023
COMMUNE WITH GOD IN BED. ASK FOR WISDOM TO COPE AND YOU WILL GET WISDOM.
STOP WORRYING. YOU ARE DOING WELL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Were So Many Christians Deceived By TB Joshua? / The Christian God Will Not Sanction The Contents Of This Movie / Fire On The Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.