Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet (19001 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Steel Plant, Ajaokuta Is Finally Starting Production 40 Years / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. / Nigerian Shot Dead In South Africa Over N7, 500 Parking Lot Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Mayeldah(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
Wahala. I dumped my boyfriend then because I saw bet paper in his pocket, now another one is using his phone to bet. Government should do something asap

change your circle of friends, it seems you are always drawn to punters
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Blazebond(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tax the winning slips
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by seborrhic: 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Coldie:
African facts zone doesn’t verify its data.

African facts zone is owned by a boy in his 20’s who just started posting random things and the page blew up.

Don’t take his post seriously
90% of things pushed out as data in Nigeria are either estimations or guess work.
There is no real data agency or publication in Nigeria,not just African facts.
The idea of data in Nigeria is u use your local environment or experience and extrapolate to the general population or nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by iammolise(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
donem:
If you pay close detail to their skeletal structure, a good number of them are looking malnourished, Betting have a way of sapping out basic nutrients from once body, am speaking from past experience.
LoL @ signature... Na betting kill u 4 ur old life
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by benardtotti(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Virgo3:
my bro, all of them are flawed now Nigeria is poor and close to 1 million peeps travel out every year for masters ordinary UK was over 150k peeps canada, dy Australia dy UsA and Europe and my eastern bro for Asia guy and money no dy

It's called mind control, the west will keep giving that flawed statistics to keep us chasing shadows and our leaders sheepishly accept it .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by unity004(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
There's no millionaire who ever got rich by gambling. Gambling is a very regulated scheme to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

The most painful part? Gambling is a highly addictive venture. That's why betting is highly regulated in many first world countries but in Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, gambling is a get-rich-quick scheme for owners.

Sadly, even our celebrities take money in exchange for their endorsement of the evil scheme.

There is NOTHING noble in gambling.

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by LockDown69(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters this weekend👍 🙏

Correct guy! ✅

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by ThothHermes: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
TemporaryHansel:

$975m daily? Does AFZ think we are fools or what? That amount is impossible for a poor country like Nigeria. $975m is more than 800billion naira. Are you telling me Nigerians place bets worth over 800billion naira daily? That means they place bets worth up to $8b a week abi? You guys are not okay for posting this bulshit.

A lot of people just copy any news they see online and paste it here without thinking about it properly.
First intelligent post I've read. The numbers are ridiculous. I doubt they even place up to one billion naira daily. Maybe on weekends. But weekdays? Doubtful. This site pushes garbage to the frontpage without any vetting whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Emmyviva: 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
The only thing giving the youth hope to become millionaire someday. ..and now one which don locate aaaaam... I come in peace abeg
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by bigiyaro(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
blesdman:

Our hypocrisy as a people towards doing the right thing stinks. We do not encourage good ventures like farming, foundry, productive activities but we rather encourage religious stealings, useless owambes and mindless importations. We really need to address ourselves both the poor and the elites
oboy, I have already given up on this country o, see over 11 trillion spent on refinery that doesn't produce a single drop of product. No hope oo
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by philipobiz: 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
lomprico:

Most pharmacists don't take some of the drugs they make too.
Top hard drug dealers don't take what they sell
APPLICATION GONE WRONG.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by okorogodwin4(m): 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
Wahala. I dumped my boyfriend then because I saw bet paper in his pocket, now another one is using his phone to bet. Government should do something asap
you and Yaa goment are bunch of clowns
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Chiefpriestt: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
There are responsible gamblers. I cashed out over a million naira in the last 2 months and I did not spend up to 70k to stake them.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by donproject2(m): 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
JohnieWalker12:
All thanks to the drug Lord.

Werey ni many of you...nah today you useless people start to dey bet. Why do you have to blame your stupidity on this man always for goodness sake.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Vision101(m): 1:00am On Dec 02, 2023
@goodconsience77
Expect this in a nation that have bad economy. A nation where unemployment is the order of the day. A nation where her politicians see electives position as means of getting more wealth instead of service to the nation. Yahoo Yahoo will soon become legally accepted.
This statistics will continue to increase until our leaders do something to our economy.

@me
This is the usual excuse for everything that happens. Are they gambling for free? Almost a billion dollars per day. It's the get rich quick mentality. It has metamorphosed to addiction. A man that is truly unemployed and has no regular source of income makes a little naira and sinks it into bottomless pit and you call it unemployment.

Tell the same man to put that small amount into something that will yield little income and he will ask you if that's what he will be doing to buy car, build houses etc.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Vision101(m): 1:03am On Dec 02, 2023
@Chinjo2
That's to tell you the level of poverty in the country. People have lost faith in Government as the economy has totally collapse.
They now see gambling as their last resort.

@me
Lies. Gambling is a demon. It comes from the spirit of get rich quick. It has possessed the youths.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Vision101(m): 1:06am On Dec 02, 2023
@victor4ekele
I'm presently in bet9ja shop playing my over 2:5 for Bayern Munich as be say work no dey for we youths and Government doesn't care about us.

@me
Are you gambling for free? Are you not paying for it. Where did you get the money? Even if you get a million naira job per month, you will gamble with it.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Vision101(m): 1:13am On Dec 02, 2023
@Dennisochampa Na our own way to surviver the harsh economic crisis for 9ja
What this statistic fail to mention is that gambling has also helped reduce crime.... Though not very significantly, but at least to a reasonable extent.....
This isn't to say I encourage gambling but see it this way...
I earn 200k plus monthly at my job.... But with 4500 some weeks back, I won 719k.....that's like 3 months salary.... With such money coming in at 6 times a year.... Crime no go hungry sensible person when no get big eye.

@me
This is the problem. You earn reasonable income but you want to get rich quick. You get into gambling. By the time you are hooked on it you will gamble with your entire income, sell your properties and borrow and sink all into gambling. You will then blame unemployment.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by pafun(m): 1:46am On Dec 02, 2023
fergie001:

Africa Facts Zone

Na so yawa dey gas everyday and una all dey blame Tulumbu.
Anyway, to all you addicted gamblers I dedicate Take Your Time by Iska Tribe from Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/track/25TlMIRKoxOKpegEiDft2Z?si=97cb606a3eae4377
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Dennisochampa: 2:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Vision101:
@Dennisochampa Na our own way to surviver the harsh economic crisis for 9ja
What this statistic fail to mention is that gambling has also helped reduce crime.... Though not very significantly, but at least to a reasonable extent.....
This isn't to say I encourage gambling but see it this way...
I earn 200k plus monthly at my job.... But with 4500 some weeks back, I won 719k.....that's like 3 months salary.... With such money coming in at 6 times a year.... Crime no go hungry sensible person when no get big eye.
This is the problem. You earn reasonable income but you want to get rich quick. You get into gambling. By the time you are hooked on it you will gamble with your entire income, sell your properties and borrow and sink all into gambling. You will then blame unemployment.
.... Don't be ignorant.... Na money to buy fuel be the "get rich quick" scheme?? Abi u no see say na fuel and other small things I dey use am buy?
The problem with "saints" like u is that you fail to see the good out of what works for others..... Did I come to beg you for money? Did u see me begging for give away online?? Did u see me on TV for stealing or kidnapping?
So why not do what works for u and allow others do what works for them?
Abi as I no deh beg people like u, u no like am.... Na wa o
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Vision101(m): 2:27am On Dec 02, 2023
@Dennisochampa
.... Don't be ignorant.... Na money to buy fuel be the "get rich quick" scheme?? Abi u no see say na fuel and other small things I dey use am buy?

@me
Every addiction starts like the above. There has never been any addiction that started with the person going deep at inception.

Alcohol - just one bottle. Drug - just one draw. Sex - just one round. Gambling - just one stake.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by treatise: 5:36am On Dec 02, 2023
Tenshades:

Strategically? 1.01 odds never cut your ticket before sha.
At Wall Street and other Exchanges you don't gain all the time and that doesn't make those folks not to be investors.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Offpoint1: 6:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters this weekend👍 🙏
Senior man drop 2 odds for boys naw 😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by moskush1(m): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2023
before 2015 it wasn't up to this number, as APC enter government the number tripled. This one na youth empowerment we dey call am no be betting
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by blesdman(m): 7:05am On Dec 02, 2023
bigiyaro:
oboy, I have already given up on this country o, see over 11 trillion spent on refinery that doesn't produce a single drop of product. No hope oo
Bro, we too de hypocritical as a people towards doing the right thing. Someone steals cup of garri, people go killl am, but when one steals 10m, them go hail am. What kind of human beings be that? People will invest in a friendly land of other people, but will not allow people to invest in their own land. People will carry out elderly care abroad, but will not dare do that in Nigeria. They are proud of Canada, UK and other countries, but will not make effort to make where they live ok and comfortable for others.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by PaulH07: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2023
victor4ekele:
I'm presently in bet9ja shop playing my over 2:5 for Bayern Munich as be say work no dey for we youths and Government doesn't care about us

If pesin employ you for shop, you go still use your oha money go carry 2odds, like one foolish boy wey dey rot in cell for the past 6months.

Dude carry hin oga 10k quickly go play bet, come back empty handed.

May the Lord give y'all insight
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Dennisochampa: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Vision101:
@Dennisochampa

Every addiction starts like the above. There has never been any addiction that started with the person going deep at inception.

Alcohol - just one bottle. Drug - just one draw. Sex - just one round. Gambling - just one stake.
Again, you're not talking to a child oga..... I'm sure you do one of these things you mentioned above.... If it's not pre marital sex, then it's alcohol.... As long as as it's not killed you and no one has crucified you for it.... Live and let live.....
If I'm addicted to gambling, I won't be where I am today....
Do what pleases you and allow people to do what pleases them
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by JohnieWalker12(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2023
donproject2:

Werey ni many of you...nah today you useless people start to dey bet. Why do you have to blame your stupidity on this man always for goodness sake.

Na your papa stake over 1.5 for your mama head. Animal
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by silibaba: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
rexchazy:

Teach me
the moment you stop choosing straight win, you winning will start coming.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Afolue(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
In fact, true that be told. Everyone are guilty of this directly or indirectly unless you are self sufficient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video) / Nelson Mandela's Grave / 13 Powerful Ways To Transform Yourself For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.