Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 (14143 Views)

Reps Probe 45 Million Accounts Without BVN With ₦1.2tn Deposit / CBN Employed Aondoakaa To Freeze Bank Accounts Of #EndSARS Promoters / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by AntiChristian: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2023
Tonytonex:
you don't have an account.

I do na!

This one has been dormant for years. Just about a couple of months ago I started getting alert again!
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2023
dunski:

Can you operate the account?That is the question

I don't think I can.
When I went there I was asked for passport photograph, utility bill and ID card. I didn't have a passport so I just forgot it.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by AntiChristian: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2023
Globad:

Do you do transactions of high amount in the account like N100,000?

No o, I seldom use it.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by AntiChristian: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2023
jojothaiv:
that account is dormant and on PND/restriction.

Exactly! That's why I was told to be bring passport, utility bill and ID card with BVN or NIN.

I didn't have passport despite having others. I just left the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by jojothaiv(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2023
Globad:

Read the news again
I read the news and I'm telling you for a fact that NIN or any other regulatory IDs and plus a recent utility bill aside BVN is the minimum requirement for Tier 3 accounts in Nigeria.

What was specified in the news is bank accounts without either BVN or NIN. Banks opening accounts regardless of the tier Without BVNs should be held responsible first. Even the neo banks will request for your BVN before an account would be open for you.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by Khyrvxjzy: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2023
Antoeni:
The ones wey get BVN and NIN how much wey CBN put for them.
Werey nation.
make cbn dey feed you

lazy
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by DeOTR: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2023
ChengHun:

You can have a cumulative balance of up to 300k without bvn. That's tier 1
I don't think this is true. Accounts with BVN, but without utility bill are still restricted to 300k maximum balance, and 200k daily withdrawal/transfer, nonetheless.
The account would be automatically frozen if the balance exceeds the limit.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by Zooposki(f): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

Exactly! That's why I was told to be bring passport, utility bill and ID card with BVN or NIN.

I didn't have passport despite having others. I just left the bank.

I think passport here means your picture aka passport photograph. I might be wrong though.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by soccerlite: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2023
How were the accounts opened in the first instance

Nawa O

What a wicked world
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by Spidermon: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2023
Pierocash:
So you mean there are still bank accounts still being operated without bvn, and Nin?

Cbn should not only freeze the accounts, but withdraw operating licenses of such bank for economic sabotage
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by AntiChristian: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Zooposki:

I think passport here means your picture aka passport photograph. I might be wrong though.

Yes, that's what it means.

I got there exactly 4pm that day.
And in the end didn't achieved anything at that bank.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by nearline(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2023
Hmmm…this is just a really crafty move by these higher-ups to keep us distracted for the first quarter of 2024. Dem don start before we even enter the 2024. After that one dem go find anoda tin to keep us busy with while they continue to chop our kontri money. Okay o. No be d first time dem go do am be dis.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by joinnow: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
Globad:

How exactly?
why cant we get things right.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by worksmart(m): 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Now Tinubu is coming for our savings angry

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by bablon20(m): 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2023
They shouldn't bring their wahala to the online banks.
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by Jossibest(m): 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
Very soon I will go and remove all my money in the Bank and close the account.
I can not be suffering making my money and still passing through hell in the Bank

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by commoditiesnig: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
It wasn't done.

There's a UBA bank account I opened in 2009.

I still get alert every month today without BVN or NIN.
You're right on this.. similar experience
Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by rickpat(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2023
in some news I saw bvn and nin...in some bvn or nin....but abeg that revalidation,hope it's not another way to get Nigerians to go crowd banks and waste their precious time oo...na wa... please let it be just bvn oo...and let them revalidate whatever they are revalidating over there and leave Nigerians alone in peace o

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 by Fab21: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
I didn't get it.

Is it BVN or NIN?

Or BVN & NIN

And how's it possible to open account without BVN ?

Even Tier 1 requires BVN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sen. Dino To Bello: Stop The Plans To Sell Kogi Properties Or Face Legal Actions / Just In: Atiku, PDP File Appeal Against Tribunal Judgement At Supreme Court / Ondo Guber: No Free Ticket For You – APC Tells Aiyedatiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.