Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,178 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa (16011 Views)

Tinubu Presented An Empty Budget Box - Jaafar Jaafar / Unfollow Me If Court Proves That Tinubu Didn’t Graduate From CSU - Omokri / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
President Tinubu didn’t present empty budget box – Doguwa

The Northern Caucus chairman in the House of Representatives, Alhaji Ado Alhassan Doguwa, has debunked as incorrect the report that President Bola Tinubu presented an empty budget box during his budget presentation on Wednesday.

What people don’t know is that the President had submitted a flash drive of the whole budget before his presentation to the joint chambers,” he said.

In a statement he released titled “Stop the Misrepresentation of Facts: We Did Not Receive Empty 2024 Budget Box from President Tinubu,” Doguwa said the speculation is unfounded.

Doguwa said: “I write in response to the mischievous insinuations that Mr. President laid empty boxes before the National Assembly on the day he presented the Appropriation Bill 2024.”

“What people don’t know is that Mr President had earlier submitted a flash drive as a soft copy of the 2024 Budget, which is now being printed out in hard copies, and as usual, brought one single hard copy of the budget to the floor
” Doguwa stated.

Be that as it may, senators and honourable members were satisfied and were conveniently guided by the verbal presentation and the way Mr President dissected the budget and gave a specific analysis of the funds allocated to the various sectors of the economy. I, therefore, want to say that any media or mischievous reports insinuating that Mr. President laid empty boxes were not true and unfounded.”

Doguwa, who is also the chairman of the House Committee on Petroleum Upstream, insisted: “Such reports are only being perpetrated by mischief makers and opposition members who would always criticise the government with or without reasonable cause. I further wish to urge Nigerians to disregard such insinuations and condemn the perpetrators, as they are enemies of Nigeria’s progress.”

He further affirmed that the House Committee on Petroleum Upstream will start budget defence on estimates of agencies under its supervision next week.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/01/president-tinubu-didnt-present-empty-budget-box-doguwa/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Previous thread: Tinubu Presented An Empty Budget Box - Jaafar Jaafar
https://www.nairaland.com/7928440/tinubu-presented-empty-budget-box/

naptu2:

The bag is usually symbolic. The National Assembly usually prints copies and distributes to senators and members. All that has happened is that there has been a delay. That's all.

naptu2:

That really doesn't matter. Much of the work on the budget will be done at the committee stage and I'm sure that they'll get it before then.

This guy below understands what's happening.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by TemplarLandry: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Those rumor mongers are suffering from Hellupeeism.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by SharingIsLife(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Why wasn't the flash drive duplicated and distributed to every senator? Why carry out the whole charade of carrying two empty boxes as if there's something inside?

These people don't rate Nigerians at all. When it's time to allocate billions to themselves, they never waiver. But ask them to do their jobs and you start hearing all sorts of excuses and counter excuses.

The bag is not symbolic as Naptu2 would have you believe. Buhari always shared his hard copies, same with Jonathan. If they wanted to go the flash drive way, its not bad; Its 2023 for chrissakes, its okay to innovate. But to carry empty bags and empty hampers is just a clown show of its own 🤣🤣🤣

For fuckssake, these people get paid way too much to not have time to print out hard copies before the budget presentation!

Side Note: Nairaland mods are just too funny, someone called himself a clown 3 posts below mine but rather than return the favour the traditional way, I chose to be civil and reply him with "You must've mistook me for your father". Because my response was gathering more likes than his own, a moderator hid my response and left his own where he called himself a clown. This not the first time my comment is being hidden for the sake of swaying public opinion towards whatever narrative Nairaland wants to push. Let God be the judge sha. I rest my case.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by DatNiggaDaz: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
grin grin

Thief'nubu

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Naija2023: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
media
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Naija2023: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
Why wasn't the flash drive duplicated and distributed to every senator?
clown spotted

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by sotall(m): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
grin
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by raskymonojendor: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
You can't help but love Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:

The bag is usually symbolic. The National Assembly usually prints copies and distributes to senators and members. All that has happened is that there has been a delay. That's all.

naptu2:

That really doesn't matter. Much of the work on the budget will be done at the committee stage and I'm sure that they'll get it before then.

This guy below understands what's happening.

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by slaawomirr: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Damnnn niggar

I believe the first story that he presented an empty budget

Not surprised

Coconut 🥥 head

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Verisada: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2023

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Kukutenla: 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
Rubbish
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by AntiChristian: 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
All those who had abused, judged and cursed BAT and Nigeria, all those returns back to them!

It's good to calm down before commenting but these Endsarsists crop of youths we have today, they are swift to abuse before thinking. It's just like the more they abuse BAT the more shi shi dey enter there Aza!

Awọn ọmọ alailẹkọ akọọgba!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by BASU23: 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
LEARN (A.I ART AND ANIMATION) AND MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE.
AI art (Artificial Intelligence art) is a form of digital art created or enhanced with AI tools.  A.I videos are human-like, they are far better than cartoons as they look and perfom like real human/Animals.
A.I art works with tools ( it doesn't require knowledge of programming, painting or drawing skills)
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT:
* Helps in Marketing ( Video ads)
* Content Creator ( like YouTube and Tiktok) etc
* Enhance Teaching Materials
* Comic Book Creator

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH IT:
* Freelance Services (it's highly demanded)
* create and sell video contents
* Promote Your brands
* Have a YouTube channel and focus on a nice niche .
* Advertise for Print on Demand video.
* Atimes sacrifice your time, create promotional videos for big brands, approach them with, I bet you, about 90% of them would compensate you.
* With A.I art skills, you are already an artist. Just think about wall arts
* Create Children books
* As the knowledge is not yet saturated, you can teach others and make money also .
The course consists of 16 detailed videos and they are not heavy.
Price is slashed to N3,500.
There's certificate

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by eliwa47(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Enemies of progress will always says something different

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by TANID(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by BimboAkintola(f): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
If you live in Nigeria you must watch the video below that shows how to survive and escape on chance robbèry in Nigeria, Dont say you were not warned o

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by NobleView(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
f
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Olachase(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
I already knew that news is fake, I wonder how it made it to front page

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by iammo(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
cool

No mind mumu Jafar Jafar

For your mind, Lawmakers won't pad budget before presentation with constituite irrelevant project like boreholes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Bimpe29: 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
smiley
TemplarLandry:
Those rumor mongers are suffering from Hellupeeism.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by casualobserver: 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
Why wasn't the flash drive duplicated and distributed to every senator? Why carry out the whole charade of carrying two empty boxes as if there's something inside?

These people don't rate Nigerians at all. When it's time to allocate billions to themselves, they never waiver. But ask them to do their jobs and you start hearing all sorts of excuses and counter excuses.

The bag is not symbolic as Naptu2 would have you believe. Buhari always shared his hard copies, same with Jonathan. If they wanted to go the flash drive way, its not bad; Its 2023 for chrissakes, its okay to innovate. But to carry empty bags and empty hampers is just a clown show of its own 🤣🤣🤣

May stupidity not kill you. The presenting of a budget in a box is symbolic. You expect him to come to parliament with boxes of 400 page printed budget documents for 109 senators and 360 rep members? Do you think this is Obi who presented boxes and boxes of ballot papers at PEPT for propaganda and did not once use them in evidence? Is that the extent of your intelligence? Some people are here for serious business. May hate not derail your life.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Wickedtruths: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

You must've mistook me for your father

1. Must have mistaken
2. Mistook (delete must've)

You're welcome

12 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by oneMalik: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
Empty or full ?

people can die because of TINUBU while Nigeria keep movin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by AfroBeatDiary: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
Present a copy naah

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by jojothaiv(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lol!

I'm always skeptical about Nigeria definition of democracy Sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) / Woman Cries As She Receives Aisha Buhari's Donated Food Items In Yobe / DPR Dispenses Free Petrol To Motorists In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.