Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa (16077 Views)

Tinubu Presented An Empty Budget Box - Jaafar Jaafar / Unfollow Me If Court Proves That Tinubu Didn’t Graduate From CSU - Omokri / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by raskymonojendor: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
UptownVibes:
The boxes were actually empty, if you say he presented a flash drive. And that the hard copies were being printed.. So the first reporter didn't lie grin
It was misrepresentation and for mischief purposes.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Akaujaa(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Nigeria is damaged beyond repair. Tinubu is just a president for a jamboree. Anything goes. Nobody is checkmated. Corruption is massively perpetuated. Meanwhile, you all here tribally divided, either favouring the president or otherwise while they loot your future away. Continue.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by NwaliE01: 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Oga, the question and answer here is simple. Was there anything in the box submitted by Mr President?
Yes or No.

You can keep the explanation when we ask for it.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Omalicious1: 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/01/president-tinubu-didnt-present-empty-budget-box-doguwa/

Whether empty or filled, I will like the legislators to painstakingly go through each item one after the other. So that we won't later be amazed when it is revealed that trillions were spent in feeding (as usual)
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by tuzle(m): 12:27am On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
All those who had abused, judged and cursed BAT and Nigeria, all those returns back to them!

It's good to calm down before commenting but these Endsarsists crop of youths we have today, they are swift to abuse before thinking. It's just like the more they abuse BAT the more shi shi dey enter there Aza!

Awọn ọmọ alailẹkọ akọọgba!
do u know how many people u have cursed in ur life.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Thinktwicemybro: 1:16am On Dec 02, 2023
Planetlove:
please guys, pls don't just scroll and pass, please I beg you, I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num:

First Bank
Faith
After voting tinubu , you come here pretending to be a woman just to beg. Your format is expired.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by IgOga(m): 1:29am On Dec 02, 2023
Stop responding to empty heads who talk without evidence.....intellectually lazy youths full online......they just need one of their masters to lie and they lap it up.

I wonder what budget the national assembly is now discussing.....the blank paper?

Technology creating many illiterates
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by aestake: 1:40am On Dec 02, 2023
Planetlove:
please guys, pls don't just scroll and pass, please I beg you, I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num:

First Bank
Faith
jghuihg
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Fujiyama: 2:07am On Dec 02, 2023
grin

The fierce insults by the usual suspects here shows that even they know the administration has mishandled this. They are rattled...and long may it continue.

The only question worth asking (and as usual, BAT people cannot give a clear answer undecided) is this: was a soft copy (these days nobody should really be pushing for hard copies to be sent to all lawmakers) provided to all legislators before the first reading? Or isn't there an intranet where lawmakers could access the bill?

It makes zero sense for something as important as an appropriation bill to pass first (and second!) readings...without every lawmaker having full access to study the bill and make his/her contributions. Or is this a red herring?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by mascot87(m): 3:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Olachase:
I already knew that news is fake, I wonder how it made it to front page

Don't you know we have igbo moderators that are very foolish and loves to push news to the front page that is meant for his lap dogs to masturbate on?
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by bigcasava1(m): 3:15am On Dec 02, 2023
Fighting to safe themselves from shame
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by tete7000(m): 3:59am On Dec 02, 2023
APC and lies are like 5 and 6. The party was built on a solid foundation of lies, deceit and propaganda. All the confusions emanating from their camp shouldn't surprise any rational being.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by aksule(m): 4:49am On Dec 02, 2023
How will Nigeria move forward. Those hiding the truth must understand that you are not doing the best to the public vice versa those spinning lies just to dent the image of the president.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by isaaciog(m): 5:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by jaxxy(m): 5:15am On Dec 02, 2023
why did he submit a flash or whatever when what is needed is hard copies. why the rush?
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 5:51am On Dec 02, 2023
As I said before, this controversy would not be a surprise to you if you have been following activities at the National Assembly for decades, as I have done. There have been similar controversies in the past.

In fact, there was a similar or even more serious controversy in December 2015, when President Muhammadu Buhari presented his first full budget to the National Assembly.

Just as President Tinubu has done, President Buhari presented one hard copy of the budget to the NASS after reading his speech. The President's aides then transmitted a soft copy to the National Assembly and this was printed and distributed to senators and members.

However, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and other members of the National Assembly raised an alarm that the contents of the copy that was sent by the Presidency and distributed to senators was different from that of the copy that was presented by President Buhari. He blamed Senator Ita Enang, President Buhari's liaison to the Senate, for the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:08am On Dec 02, 2023
naptu2:
You would know this if you have been watching "From The National Assembly" for more than 20 years (like I have).

Copies of bills and other such documents are printed by the National Assembly and circulated to members. Sometimes senators/members complain that they have not yet got copies of the bill that is being debated and the matter is stood down until everybody has a copy.

But that also means the first report was correct, that said he presented an empty box... I don't see the confusion at all, did he present an empty box, YES... Next is to just explain that the hardcopy is still being printed for distribution...

So the reports weren't fake
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

But that also means the first report was correct, that said he presented an empty box... I don't see the confusion at all, did he present an empty box, YES... Next is to just explain that the hardcopy is still being printed for distribution...

So the reports weren't fake

I created both the first and second threads and these were the issues in the first report.

From Jaafar's tweet:

To my surprise, he said the president came with an EMPTY case! “

⬆️ That presented the idea that the President had done something unusual.

From the BBC report:

The budget presentation ceremony in Nigeria by the President of the country to the National Assembly has left behind dust, where some members of the parliament suspect that the President of the country deceived them and they said that he handed them the 2024 budget resolution.

However, credit to the BBC for also publishing the other side of the story:

'No cheating'

However, on the other hand, some members of the House of Representatives said that there was no deception in the presentation of the budget by President Bola Tinubu to the House.

Hon Sada Soli Jibia, who is a member of the House of Representatives, said that normally, the House must go through some steps before distributing the budget copies so that every member of the House can see what they contain.

However, Sada Soli said that as of Friday, they have not seen the budget, as according to him, "Until now, it is being printed in the printing house where documents are printed by the parliament."

He added that on Saturday the committee on the budget will meet with the leaders of the parliamentary committees, before each member of parliament will be given a copy of the budget.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:39am On Dec 02, 2023
naptu2:

I created both the first and second threads and these were the issues in the first report.
From Jaafar's tweet:
⬆️ That presented the idea that the President had done something unusual.
From the BBC report:
However, credit to the BBC for also publishing the other side of the story:

Taking aside misinterpretation and the mischief that could be derived from what Jaafar said, he was correct... But looking at both sides, one realises it wasn't actually an unusual thing
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by naptu2: 6:44am On Dec 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Taking aside misinterpretation and the mischief that could be derived from what Jaafar said, he was correct... But looking at both sides, one realises it wasn't actually an unusual thing

That's exactly the point and it becomes very clear if you look at the reactions on the two threads and on other social media (in fact, look at EtinosaDLaw's funny post).

By the way, it's also not true that nothing was presented. The president usually submits just one hard copy, while the management of the National Assembly receives a soft copy with which it makes hard copies and distributes to senators and members.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by olaolaking: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2023
Fatbam005:
is he speaking or writing? Be warned.
Another dull student!
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by blaise26abj(m): 7:13am On Dec 02, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
Why wasn't the flash drive duplicated and distributed to every senator? Why carry out the whole charade of carrying two empty boxes as if there's something inside?

These people don't rate Nigerians at all. When it's time to allocate billions to themselves, they never waiver. But ask them to do their jobs and you start hearing all sorts of excuses and counter excuses.

The bag is not symbolic as Naptu2 would have you believe. Buhari always shared his hard copies, same with Jonathan. If they wanted to go the flash drive way, its not bad; Its 2023 for chrissakes, its okay to innovate. But to carry empty bags and empty hampers is just a clown show of its own 🤣🤣🤣

For fuckssake, these people get paid way too much to not have time to print out hard copies before the budget presentation!

Side Note: Nairaland mods are just too funny, someone called himself a clown 3 posts below mine but rather than return the favour the traditional way, I chose to be civil and reply him with "You must've mistook me for your father". Because my response was gathering more likes than his own, a moderator hid my response and left his own where he called himself a clown. This not the first time my comment is being hidden for the sake of swaying public opinion towards whatever narrative Nairaland wants to push. Let God be the judge sha. I rest my case.

Seun needs to do something about these Mods . I almost left Nairaland because of one . Nairaland is already a shadow of itself .New Posts I see here , I would have seen days ago on other platforms . When you check , they were posted their respective rooms as those infos are breaking g and it will take days for Mods to push it to front page .
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Fatbam005: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2023
olaolaking:
Another dull student!
Your beri beri disorder has continue to eat deep into your brain . Cone head
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2023
tuzle:
do u know how many people u have cursed in ur life.

I try as much as possible not to curse except those who deserve it. I don't curse Nigeria leaders as that wouldn't give anything positive but worse!
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2023
blaise26abj:

Seun needs to do something about these Mods . I almost left Nairaland because of one . Nairaland is already a shadow of itself .New Posts I see here , I would have seen days ago on other platforms . When you check , they were posted their respective rooms as those infos are breaking g and it will take days for Mods to push it to front page .

Don't mind them, they save some posts for later because of the abysmal traffic.

As for the high-handedness, that is the very downfall of this forum. It doesn't take a genuis to know that Igbos are the largest Internet consumers in Nigeria, you can tell by the noise they generate when a cause is important to them. If they leave any platform, the traffic is bound to suffer the effects. That's what's happening to this place. The ripple effect is that other tribes who are sick of the tribal profiling and slurs will also follow them, along with some sensible yorubas, and you wonder why the only people left here are trolls and propagandists.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by 715afolarin: 8:51am On Dec 02, 2023
Enemies of progress will always says something differentEnemies of progress will always says something different...
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Khyrvxjzy: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
All those who had abused, judged and cursed BAT and Nigeria, all those returns back to them!

It's good to calm down before commenting but these Endsarsists crop of youths we have today, they are swift to abuse before thinking. It's just like the more they abuse BAT the more shi shi dey enter there Aza!

Awọn ọmọ alailẹkọ akọọgba!

God bless tinubu

God kill Muslim terrorist
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Pakute: 10:43am On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Exactly! The document should should be present not a flash drive. Its so funny
Is that how they carry boxes of papers in advanced countries you always like pointing to?. Innovation is alien to illiterates like you.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by Pakute: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2023
naptu2:

That's exactly the point and it becomes very clear if you look at the reactions on the two threads and on other social media (in fact, look at EtinosaDLaw's funny post).

By the way, it's also not true that nothing was presented. The president usually submits just one hard copy, while the management of the National Assembly receives a soft copy with which it makes hard copies and distributes to senators and members.

Is this not reasonable enough?. Why must the executive carry boxes of papers around when they could print out the docs by themselves. Do opposition prefer papers to a flash drive?, are they being backward?. We need a serious opposition, not clowns and unintelligent opposition.
Re: President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box – Doguwa by commoditiesnig: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2023
casualobserver:

May stupidity not kill you. The presenting of a budget in a box is symbolic. You expect him to come to parliament with boxes of 400 page printed budget documents for 109 senators and 360 rep members? Do you think this is Obi who presented boxes and boxes of ballot papers at PEPT for propaganda and did not once use them in evidence? Is that the extent of your intelligence? Some people are here for serious business. May hate not derail your life.
Good response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? / Photos From The "Peaceful" Akwa Ibom Rerun Elections / Lawyers Ask Ayim To Apologise To Umahi Within Seven Days Or Face Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.