Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka (2010 Views)

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route / How Soludo, Peter Obi, Ifeanyi Ubah, Ekwunife Shaped Anambra Politics In 2023 / Abule Ado Estate Crisis: Ifeanyi Ubah & Ekwunife Meet Sanwo-Olu, Sue For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by AnambraPeople: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ubah/Ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket with Chidoka

Ebuka Nwankwo

There is mounting pressure on Governor Soludo to reconsider his current deputy, Dr Onyeka Ibezim, and instead run on a joint ticket with former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka in the upcoming 2025 Anambra election. It has been reported that Chidoka, unless there are any changes, will leave the PDP and join APGA in preparation for the election.

It is believed in some quarters that a repeat of Soludo/Ibezim ticket come 2025 will spell doom for APGA considering the fact that Ibezim holds little or no electoral value with respect to the influence APC throws around in Anambra State currently.

Insider sources have revealed concerns from Soludo's team about Uche Ekwunife's move to the APC, given her strong political influence in Anambra Central Zone and the state as a whole. They fear that Senator Ifeanyi Ubah already poses a strong challenge in the southern senatorial zone, judging by the performance of his former party, YPP, in the last general election. Soludo's team believes that if Ubah is allowed to work with Ekwunife in the Central Zone without being counterbalanced by another strong force like Chidoka, who hails from a significant voting bloc, it may impact Soludo's chances of winning a second term.

According to the insider, Soludo initially considered handing over leadership to Chidoka and had discussed the idea with bishops in the Anglican communion. The source confirmed that Soludo, unhappy with the dominating influence of Catholics in the state's affairs, confided in Anglican bishops and wealthy Anglicans that he would prefer an Anglican to be his successor, which has earned him great support from affluent Anglicans.

However, due to the desperation of the APC to take power from the APGA government, Soludo's team has decided to re-strategize. Instead of bringing Chidoka after his second term, they plan to bring him in now to counteract the political alliance between Ifeanyi Ubah and Ekwunife.

The source stated that Chidoka's appeal to the people of Anambra, especially coming from a large voting bloc in Idemili, makes him the ideal candidate. It is also revealed that talks are already underway in the Party, exploring the possibility of a joint ticket, with Soludo as the governorship candidate and Chidoka as the deputy. Chidoka, who previously ran for governorship under the United Progressive Party (UPP), is believed to have a strong political foundation in the state, particularly in the Anambra Central Zone where he hails from.

Furthermore, the source disclosed that the joint ticket of Soludo and Chidoka is likely to garner support from key stakeholders in the state. However, it remains unknown how Dr Ibezim, Soludo's former running mate, will react to this development.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/ubah-ekwunife-tsunami-soludo-mulls-joint-ticket-with-chidoka-

2 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by yinkus6750(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Permutations upon permutations.
Alignment and realignment.
Changing deputies for second term ticket is not a new thing.
It recently happened in Imo State.
Go with someone with good electoral value.
That's the most important thing.
Best of luck to them all.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by abobote: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2023
Chidoka is too intelligent for deputy governor's position

5 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by tesppidd: 12:22am On Dec 02, 2023
abobote:
True.

I think he's bigger than that..

And then the Nigerian "deputy governor curse" might follow him

And Soludo would never have him as his successor.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Armaggedon: 12:32am On Dec 02, 2023
SMH...when election is 2025
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by IDENNAA(m): 12:38am On Dec 02, 2023
AnambraPeople:

Ebuka Nwankwo

There is mounting pressure on Governor Soludo to reconsider his current deputy, Dr Onyeka Ibezim, and instead run on a joint ticket with former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka in the upcoming 2025 Anambra election. It has been reported that Chidoka, unless there are any changes, will leave the PDP and join APGA in preparation for the election.

It is believed in some quarters that a repeat of Soludo/Ibezim ticket come 2025 will spell doom for APGA considering the fact that Ibezim holds little or no electoral value with respect to the influence APC throws around in Anambra State currently.

Insider sources have revealed concerns from Soludo's team about Uche Ekwunife's move to the APC, given her strong political influence in Anambra Central Zone and the state as a whole. They fear that Senator Ifeanyi Ubah already poses a strong challenge in the southern senatorial zone, judging by the performance of his former party, YPP, in the last general election. Soludo's team believes that if Ubah is allowed to work with Ekwunife in the Central Zone without being counterbalanced by another strong force like Chidoka, who hails from a significant voting bloc, it may impact Soludo's chances of winning a second term.

According to the insider, Soludo initially considered handing over leadership to Chidoka and had discussed the idea with bishops in the Anglican communion. The source confirmed that Soludo, unhappy with the dominating influence of Catholics in the state's affairs, confided in Anglican bishops and wealthy Anglicans that he would prefer an Anglican to be his successor, which has earned him great support from affluent Anglicans.

However, due to the desperation of the APC to take power from the APGA government, Soludo's team has decided to re-strategize. Instead of bringing Chidoka after his second term, they plan to bring him in now to counteract the political alliance between Ifeanyi Ubah and Ekwunife.

The source stated that Chidoka's appeal to the people of Anambra, especially coming from a large voting bloc in Idemili, makes him the ideal candidate. It is also revealed that talks are already underway in the Party, exploring the possibility of a joint ticket, with Soludo as the governorship candidate and Chidoka as the deputy. Chidoka, who previously ran for governorship under the United Progressive Party (UPP), is believed to have a strong political foundation in the state, particularly in the Anambra Central Zone where he hails from.

Furthermore, the source disclosed that the joint ticket of Soludo and Chidoka is likely to garner support from key stakeholders in the state. However, it remains unknown how Dr Ibezim, Soludo's former running mate, will react to this development.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/ubah-ekwunife-tsunami-soludo-mulls-joint-ticket-with-chidoka-

Yoruba boy , I see you love the intrigues and intricacies of Anambra politics.

Well, let me help you out a bit. Ike Obosi (Chief Osita Chidoka) will never agree to deputize for Soludo. In fact , I feel Ike Obosi will make a better administrator than Soludo and he ,Soludo knows this very much....

2 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Ofodirinwa: 12:41am On Dec 02, 2023
It's Soludo who should be Chidoka's governor. In fact, Chidoka should be eyeing the presidency if Nigeria wasn't foolish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Freshtruth(m): 1:19am On Dec 02, 2023
A former minister coming as a deputy governor? Chidoka is bigger than a deputy governor he should be PDP flag bearer instead.

Hope Alex reports won't deceive Godwin Maduka again? grin he should allow the doctor to have piece of mind in America we dey beg

5 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by FreeStuffsNG: 1:54am On Dec 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
It's Soludo who should be Chidoka's governor. In fact, Chidoka should be eyeing the presidency if Nigeria wasn't foolish
Interesting. I just don't get it after comparing the profiles of both of them. Soludo seems to have track record of getting to the peak of his career pursuit.
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by IDENNAA(m): 2:28am On Dec 02, 2023
Freshtruth:
A former minister coming as a deputy governor? Chidoka is bigger than a deputy governor he should be PDP flag bearer instead.

Hope Alex reports won't deceive Godwin Maduka again? grin he should allow the doctor to have piece of mind in America we dey beg

It's not about being a former Minister. Ike Obosi is one of the most intelligent and exposed Nigerians. You need to listen to him speak. He is a delight of Nigerian journalists. Another is Val Ozigbo, Kingsley Muoghalu....Anambra is very blessed in human capital

4 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by onumadu: 2:31am On Dec 02, 2023
I did a little research about this Uba/Ekwunife factor, and from what I found out, Soludo should be worried.
I'm beginning to understand why Uba in particular chose to go back to APC.
Most of Anambra voted for Soludo because of his messianic promises to turn Anambra into Taiwan and Dubai ETC.
But he hasn't really even scratched the surface of that promise, and time is running out.
Now some people are already calling him the Nutty Taxing Professor. lol
APC is not popular in Anambra state, but Anambra people are not enslaved to any political party.
They may decide to hold their noses and vote for the Uba/Ekwunife ticket, assuming that the PDP does not field a dark horse.
APC needs Anambra state desperately. And with this man in Aso rock, anything can happen.
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by IDENNAA(m): 2:32am On Dec 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Interesting. I just don't get it after comparing the profiles of both of them. Soludo seems to have track record of getting to the peak of his career pursuit.

Soludo is over 10yrs older than Ike Obosi. By the way , to compare them we must look at the government agency they have headed. They are both technocrats and exemplary in their fields but I personally feel Ike Obosi is more of a well groomed administrator in the mold of Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by IDENNAA(m): 2:42am On Dec 02, 2023
onumadu:
I did a little research about this Uba/Ekwunife factor, and from what I found out, Soludo should be worried.
Most of Anambra voted for Soludo because of his messianic promises to turn Anambra into Taiwan and Dubai ETC.
But he hasn't really even scratched the surface of that promise, and time is running out.
APC is not popular in Anambra state, but Anambra people are not enslaved to any political party.
They may decide to hold their noses and vote for the Uba/Ekwunife ticket, assuming that the PDP does not field a dark horse.
APC needs Anambra state desperately. And with this man in Aso rock, anything can happen.

Dont worry about Ubah and Ekwunife ticket. Anambra nobi akara case...you cant rig election in the state. It's near impossible and I don't think Ubah and Ekwunife will entertain such thoughts anyways.

As for Soludo being worried. Well, if you have not noticed , Osita Chidoka is easily the most qualified and favourite to take over after Soludo..

As for Ekwunife, the governor post is above her punching weight. Anambra politics is very dynamic. Even Peter Obi has not been able to influence governorship and senatorial elections yet he is the most loved Anambra man alive. Anambra people are not easily convinced. They might like you but still disagree with you sometimes.

9 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Bestmanfornow: 3:24am On Dec 02, 2023
AnambraPeople:

Ebuka Nwankwo

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/ubah-ekwnife-tsunami-soludo-mulls-joint-ticket-with-chidoka-
Nonsense post, Ifeanyi Ubah have sold almost all his investments just because he want to be Anambra governor, even if he like he should use Bianca Ojukwu he will loss, I know he is desperate to recover his investments with profit it's not with Anambra's money, Gov Soludo is too connected for Ifeanyi Ubah, Ibezim bring so much to. Soludo's ticket coming from Awka north, and brother to Anglican Bishop above all Young, you guys are wasting your time, Gov Soludo is in charge with his developments across the state, free education, Anambra people are behind him including our rich men Arthur Eze, Sir Emeka Offor etc. Ifeanyi Ubah want to waste his money again, I can assure you next election will be his worst outing if he win APC ticket go and mark it he will loss in Nnewi north and south

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by CHRISTFUCKER: 4:46am On Dec 02, 2023
Nice one pedoscum
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Depriest2020: 5:08am On Dec 02, 2023
Chidoka is too big for deputy governor post that is insignificant. He should relax and allow Anambra south to finish their two terms, thereafter power returns to Anambra central where he belongs to, I believe the PDP ticket is be waiting for him.
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by iHateFraudsters: 5:12am On Dec 02, 2023
Freshtruth:

I swear.

Kai I just remembered that period.

Alex chop Maduka with no mercy.

He chop finish, he no clean mouth.
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by 1Alex: 5:15am On Dec 02, 2023
abobote:
that's it. Also Uche Ekwunife is too big to be Ifeanyi Uba's running mate. But I know she might be gunning for governorship for Anambra central when the south is done with thier 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Antivirus92(m): 6:08am On Dec 02, 2023
Somebody should write this down somewhere..

Ifeanyi uba and uche ekwunife will come fourth in the next Anambra governorship election.

There is nothing tsunami about them.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by MrALIVE: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2023
onumadu:

so in that your research,you didn't find out that labour party is on ground with 2 senators out of 3 and 7 house of reps members out of 11 and 9 house of assembly members...

3 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Remijuice: 6:16am On Dec 02, 2023
Chidioka is too big for a deputy governor, in my own opinion...
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by MEEVEET: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Chidoka is who PDP should be begging to take their ticket in 2027

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by MEEVEET: 6:51am On Dec 02, 2023
IDENNAA:

Soludo is over 10yrs older than Ike Obosi. By the way , to compare them we must look at the government agency they have headed. They are both technocrats and exemplary in their fields but I personally feel Ike Obosi is more of a well groomed administrator in the mold of Peter Obi.

Exactly he is the reason why I said South East States should pass a law mandating every citizen of one South East state full citizen of the other 4

You think anyone can win Chdoka if he runs for IMO state governorship? ... We can't have brains like him wasting
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by DIKEnaWAR: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2023
This one is just a paid write up to launch Ifeanyi Ubah's failed bid and deceive APC that he is popular. No one is interested in a declared bankrupt who can't manage his personal business and Agu Awka is not a reward for failure, grandstand ING and living beyond one's means. Ubah and Ekwunife cannot win elections.

If LP does not field a good candidate, then it is carry go for Solution nwa Mgbafor. Anambra cannot return to the dark days of hooligans and killers in office.

6 Likes

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by IkeIgboNiile(m): 7:22am On Dec 02, 2023
Chai, una don insult my Ike Obosi but going by the analysis done. It sounds great but Ike Obosi is too big for that.
Ike Obosi has a lot of political sway in Anambra central and the entire Obosi is behind plus it's due time Anglicans produce a governor in Anambra.
Soludo/Chidoka will win against anybody but like i said Ossy is bigger than the position been offered but whatever he decides, I'm strongly behind him.

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by garfield1: 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
IDENNAA:

How is obi a well grounded administrator
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by Poisonousman: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2023
This people are looking down on Labour party... lol them go shock all of them
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by garfield1: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2023
DIKEnaWAR:
This one is just a paid write up to launch Ifeanyi Ubah's failed bid and deceive APC that he is popular. No one is interested in a declared bankrupt who can't manage his personal business and Agu Awka is not a reward for failure, grandstand ING and living beyond one's means. Ubah and Ekwunife cannot win elections.

If LP does not field a good candidate, then it is carry go for Solution nwa Mgbafor. Anambra cannot return to the dark days of hooligans and killers in office.

Obi is bringing val ozigbo

1 Like

Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by AcademicWriter: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2023
Chidoka is too intelligent for deputy governor's position..
Re: Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka by chicfarmer: 8:49am On Dec 02, 2023
MrALIVE:
so in that your research,you didn't find out that labour party is on ground with 2 senators out of 3 and 7 house of reps members out of 11 and 9 house of assembly members...
I agree with you. Labour Party is a Huge Factor. The dynamics of that election will be interesting to see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Can Learn From Venezuela's 'PetroCaribe' Oil Export Deal / Nigeria: Ndlea Arrests Seven Drug Peddlers At Lagos Airport. / Nigeria Ranked 37th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.