Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route (9769 Views)

Gov Soludo Commissions 26.6KM Amansea-ufuma Road Commissioned For Public Use / Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka / Soludo Begins Construction Of Amansea, Awka – Ufuma Road In Anambra (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by okeychris(m): 12:40am On Mar 20
Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, has hinted that a new city will emerge along the newly built 26.4 kilometres Amansea-Ntoko-Ndiukwuenu-Awa-Ufuma road.

Governor Soludo stated this during the commissioning of the road where members of the various communities he visited who are connected to the long stretch of roads thronged the venues of the brief ceremonies in their numbers. They all dance in excitement to receive the Governor's entourage.

The Governor explained that building "One Anambra" is the agenda, irrespective of social stratification, political party affiliation or religious inclination, pointing out that APGA's major concern is to lift everyone out of poverty in tandem with its mantra of "be your brother's keeper".

According to the Governor, the late Mr. Joe Anatune who hailed from Awa was the first person that hinted about the strategic importance of the road, recalled that he promised to construct the road during Mr. Anatune's funeral ceremony, emphasizing that completing the road is in fulfillment of the promise he made in his memory.

Governor Soludo stressed that after assumption of office, his government did not start work from the areas that voted highly for him, but from local government areas where he narrowly lost, where there is greatest need.

He reminded them during campaign, their major request was for his government to construct the road, adding that the commissioning calls for celebration.

For the Transition Committee Chairman for Orumba North, Sir Ogochukwu Ekwueme, said the people of Orumba North will ever remain grateful and continue to pray and support the Governor and his team.

Others who spoke during the event include the Traditional Ruler of Awa, Igwe Israel Ezue, President General of Awa, Chief Raymond Ofor, President General of Ufuma, Rtd. Commodore Clement Ofor described the road project as fulfilment of a promise.

Dignitaries that graced the occasion include Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Ernest Ezeajughi, Principal Secretary to the Governor, Barr. Joachin Anaeto, Deputy Speaker, Anambra State House of Assembly, Hon. Chukwuma Okoye, member representing Orumba North at the State House of Assembly, Hon. Paul Obu, Commissioner for Works, Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Chief Protocol officer, Hon Chinedu Nwoye, Chief Chinedu Obidigwe, among others.

Cutting of the tape by motorcyclists, keke, shuttle bus drivers and the late Joe Anatune's wife, formed the highpoint of the event.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:42am On Mar 20
This area should be left for cultivation of crops.
Everything no be New city and mansions.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 7:22am On Mar 20
ImmaculateJOE:
This area should be left for cultivation of crops.
Everything no be New city and mansions.

That area is along anambra state food basket belt in southern senatorial zone.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:57am On Mar 20
Svoboda:

That area is along anambra state food basket belt in southern senatorial zone.
And it should remain so, their soil is very fertile.

Agricultural activities should be the main focus of Gov. Soludo towards that area.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 9:05am On Mar 20
ImmaculateJOE:

Agricultural activities should be the main focus of Gov. Soludo towards that area.

Thank you. I dont know what this craze for blind urbanization of every area of anambra state. Its fast killing its pristine innocense. Building of a new mega city should have been concentrated in awka north.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by yarimo(m): 9:59am On Mar 20
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governors of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Artscollection: 10:05am On Mar 20
Soludo na over hyped guy, not innovative!! Like someone pointed out it is an agricultural zone so i don't understand why he can't come up with an agricultural park and modernise the other established cities.

17 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 10:42am On Mar 20
Svoboda:

Thank you. I dont know what this craze for blind urbanization of every area of anambra state. Its fast killing its pristine innocense. Building of a new mega city should have been concentrated in awka north.

Awka south not north.

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 10:44am On Mar 20
They should ban real estate people for that side oo, which kind new yeye city?

You wan turn everywhere to city in Anambra state? Where we go farm? Abi make we all depend on delta and Edo for food crop??

Soludo bekiaful

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 11:51am On Mar 20
Cindypresh:

Awka south not north.

Awka south doesnt have the land for such a mega city project. The state capital shouldnt have been cited in awka in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 11:56am On Mar 20
Svoboda:

Awka south doesnt have the land for such a mega city project. The state capital shouldnt have been cited in awka in the first place.

Where do you think is Awka south??
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by senatordave1(m): 11:59am On Mar 20
ImmaculateJOE:

I agree but it can be an agric city

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by senatordave1(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20
Svoboda:

No,awka is the best site for a capital since Onitsha is mainly commercial and nnewi industrial.the only thing is that awka isn't central but I think development should be expanded to awka north

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 20
Svoboda:

Anambra is the most urbanized state after Lagos and rivers.anambra north like ayamelum,oyi,anambra east,ogbaru are the agric zines

14 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20
senatordave1:

No,awka is the best site for a capital since Onitsha is mainly commercial and nnewi industrial.the only thing is that awka isn't central but I think development should be expanded to awka north

Exactly. Awka north upwards to anyaemelum should house the new capital. Awka south is condensed already. In fact, the central senatorial zone is the most densely populated area of the state.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20
Cindypresh:

Where do you think is Awka south??

Awka south lga is on the eastern flank of my lga.

That triangle of awka, amawbia and nibo is densely populated already. The capital should have gone as far as aguleri.

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20
senatordave1:

Anambra is the most urbanized state after Lagos and rivers.anambra north like ayamelum,oyi,anambra east,ogbaru are the agric zines

I said that ufuma area, ie orumba was the food basket for anambra south senatorial zone.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:03pm On Mar 20
Amansea-Ntoko-Ndiukwuenu-Awa-Ufuma road

That is Awka axis, our Governor carry go.

Awka need new City.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by senatordave1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20
Svoboda:

I said that ufuma area, ie orumba was the food basket for anambra south senatorial zone.

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 2:07pm On Mar 20
Svoboda:

That triangle of awka, amawbia and nibo is densely populated already. The capital should have gone as far as aguleri.

Awka, Amawbia and Nibo are not the only place in Awka south...Nise is there, Umuawulu, mbaukwu and isiagu.

They're not densely populated yet

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Anambra1stSonTV: 2:11pm On Mar 20
senatordave1:

Onitsha is not just commercial it's biggest industrial city in Southeast

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 3:47pm On Mar 20
Cindypresh:

Awka, Amawbia and Nibo are not the only place in Awka south...Nise is there, Umuawulu, mbaukwu and isiagu.

They're not densely populated yet

I know awka south goes beyond the triangle i mentioned, but i daresay that umuawulu, awgbu and the succeeding towns along that stretch to ndiowu and ufuma still form part of the agric belt i previously talked about. Also, Nise and mbaukwu. Govt doesnt have to forcefully urbanize some of these sleepy towns to unecessarily create high population densities when we gain so much agriculturally from them.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20
Cindypresh:

Awka south not north.
Awka south is more urbanized than Awka north.

So the guy is right.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20
senatordave1:

Anambra is more urbanized than Rivers.

I have been to both places.

You will find more empty lands in PH and her surroundings than you will get in Onitsha and enviros.
To some extent, even Awka has been build up than PH.

10 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 10:15pm On Mar 20
Svoboda:

I know awka south goes beyond the triangle i mentioned, but i daresay that umuawulu, awgbu and the succeeding towns along that stretch to ndiowu and ufuma still form part of the agric belt i previously talked about. Also, Nise and mbaukwu. Govt doesnt have to forcefully urbanize some of these sleepy towns to unecessarily create high population densities when we gain so much agriculturally from them.

But you want them to urbanise Awka north?? Pls oo, Awka north and south which has more agric produce yield??

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by IduNaOba: 11:20pm On Mar 20
Took this road to enugu yesterday.
Was really happy.
I used to blast soludo but having seen his work with my own eyes in different parts of the state, he deserve sa second and third term sef.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 6:34am On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

But you want them to urbanise Awka north?? Pls oo, Awka north and south which has more agric produce yield??

My point is, awka south should be left as it is for congestion sake. Orumba should be largely devoid of any mega city status because of its agric potentiality.

Urbanization
flowing into Awka north is inevitable, because of the congestion already in the awka capital city area. If urbanization is threatening agriculture in awka north, should we willfully allow same to happen to the inner parts of awka south and orumba?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Cindypresh(f): 8:04am On Mar 21
Svoboda:

My point is, awka south should be left as it is for congestion sake. Orumba should be largely devoid of any mega city status because of its agric potentiality.

Urbanization
flowing into Awka north is inevitable, because of the congestion already in the awka capital city area. If urbanization is threatening agriculture in awka north, should we willfully allow same to happen to the inner parts of awka south and orumba?

Well, the truth of the matter is that, urbanisation is a sure thing in Anambra state...it's just a matter of time

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:24am On Mar 21
Good
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by mbahdi(m): 8:25am On Mar 21
He's a clown
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by richard870(m): 8:25am On Mar 21
Artscollection:
Soludo na over hyped guy, not innovative!! Like someone pointed out it is an agricultural zone so i don't understand why he can't come up with an agricultural park and modernise the other established cities.
You should know why nao
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:25am On Mar 21
yarimo:
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governors of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great
ur hate for obi will ki..ll u

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Sacks Aminu Kanta As APC House Of Reps Candidate In Jigawa / Confusion As FG Denies Petrol Price Hike, Marketers Seek Deregulation / Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.