Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? (55452 Views)

FIFA Approves New Football Rules / Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking / Super Eagles New Football Kit Design Idea For Russia 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by FuckingMachine: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
Female comentators in sports. angry

I'm not feeling it at all. It feels less intense watching a match with a female voice commentating especially for my own team where I have strong passion and adrenaline running.

No offence but female voices just don't match for certain sports and definitely not football. Male commentators convey my passion the right way, these female voices sound like child's play.

A woman's voice calms a man. We don't want to calm down when watching football, we want to be gingered. grin

Imagine a female commentator for boxing or NBA basketball or WWE where raw passion/adrenaline is needed. It will kill that sport. Females can commentate on less intense sports like golf, beach volleyball or swimming.

I really hope they stop this trend because over the years it will make football lose followership. Let's face it, the only thing a football fan brings is passion. If you remove it then the football fan will not bother to spend money watching his struggling team only when they're doing well.

Most fans don't even have a logical reason for spending on football every weekend, we just love the intensity. If I have to continue listening to a soft female voice when a long range shot is scored or a strong tackle flies in, I will feel disgusted.

This should be stopped.
Thanks.

274 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by superCleanworks(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2023
they comment like they are talking about butterflies and reading from a novel.

No spontaneity, no word play, no zeal, no predictive mind (only comment after the action), no enthusiasm, no vibrance, no EUREKA tone.
Total lack of authority behind the microphone in a high adrenaline sport.

Now just imagine a female commentary in the MIRACLE OF ISTANBUL match. Hell Nah.

211 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by FuckingMachine: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
superCleanworks:
they comment like they are talking about butterflies and reading from a novel. No spontaneity, no word play, no zeal, no predictive mind (only comment after the action), no enthusiasm, no vibrance, no EUREKA tone.
Total lack of authority behind the microphone over a high adrenaline sport.

Now just imagine a female commentary in the MIRACLE OF ISTANBUL match. Hell Nah.

Asin ehn.
I'm not feeling it at all. Maybe as a supporting commentator not main.

The drive is just missing.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by eepeepook: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
Una complain about VAR until e help una team score goals. Una go adjust. WWE has female commentators and female referees. The UFC has a female commentator and nobody complains. Una wey dey 2nd century go civilize by force.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Timagex(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Imagine if it was a woman that handled the mic when messi won the world cup last year!!

The joy! The shout! The fear! The anxiety!

"What a man can, a woman can do better" has its limits.

On the brighter side, I think the trend is bringing an awakening of women to football.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
They deserve a chance. Yes to female commentators.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by MarveworldG: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
We have a complete solution to this.
We create design on the wall where your TV is mounted, the light effect has some psychological effect that will turn your attention from the commentary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by WiszyFraud: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
undecided
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Crafteck1: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Until we get blind commentator

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by specialmati(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin a woman running comments on a man sport.na them sabi.since women started analysing the goat debate I gave up.na woman talk say c.ronaldo is better than Goat Messi

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by jojothaiv(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Let it goes both way, isn't that what the 'objective and the progressive' ones among us have been clamoring for.

Saw two of my niggas sweating it out in concrete block industry today under the hot sun and I asked the lady beside, I think more women should explore this form of hustle too since we've all agreed that what a man can do a woman will do better.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Hezzyluv: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Sounded so strange to me when I was watching Liverpool matchgrin

Men na men anyday anytime. 🤞

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Sijo01(f): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Get use to it cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by DiskJokeyManic: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
C
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by philo04(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Their comment sound romantic like person weh wan cum

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by GanagiBitrus: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Yeah, A female voice ran the Liverpool vs Fulham commentary.
Her commentary was quite OK, but the feminine voice didn't just jell with the masculine intensity of the game.

Maybe with time we'll get used to it, but for now, it's awkward.

14 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by dauntless15(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
I'm not seeing the problem here, are u misogynistic.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Na feminism and gender equality go scatter football

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Oromoni619: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
grin cheesy
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by oliverwrites: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
I am a die hard football fan and I have been since 1994, I absolutely see nothing wrong with female commentators. You are merely complaining for the sake of it.

11 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by AffiliatesMoney: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Lol
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by casualobserver: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
FuckingMachine:

I'm not feeling it at all. It feels less intense watching a match with a female voice commentating especially for my own team where I have strong passion and adrenaline running.

No offence but female voices just don't match for certain sports and definitely not football. Male commentators convey my passion the right way, these female voices sound like child's play.

A woman's voice calms a man. We don't want to calm down when watching football, we want to be gingered. grin

Imagine a female commentator for boxing or NBA basketball or WWE where raw passion/adrenaline is needed. It will kill that sport. Females can commentate on less intense sports like golf, beach volleyball or swimming.

I really hope they stop this trend because over the years it will make football lose followership. Let's face it, the only thing a football fan brings is passion. If you remove it then the football fan will not bother to spend money watching his struggling team only when they're doing well.

Most fans don't even have a logical reason for spending on football every weekend, we just love the intensity. If I have to continue listening to a soft female voice when a long range shot is scored or a strong tackle flies in, I will feel disgusted.

This should be stopped.
Thanks.

A world that has female pastors/clergy despite the Bible clearly saying it is forbidden.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Starz825(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Forget. Pple go still watch futball even na gay dey commentate

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by slimmax: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Commenting in a female tone
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by inoki247: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
Lol....
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
Give it time, you'll get used to it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Mandela27: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
Woman wey suppose dey house dey take care of her children

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
ha

not fair, discrimmination. ; cheesy
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by RawSex(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
Misogyny?
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by sammysmiles(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
Dey play
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by abba190: 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
FuckingMachine:

This should be stopped.
Thanks.

my guy, i swear to god u are right, its boring and disgusting.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Paulo Dybala Tests Positive For Fourth Time In Six Weeks / Muslim Footballers Who Celebrated 2020 Christmas On Social Media (Photos) / Messi's New Deal At Man City Would See Him Earn N153m Per Day, N4.5bn Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.