Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? (55475 Views)

FIFA Approves New Football Rules / Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking / Super Eagles New Football Kit Design Idea For Russia 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by ISelectMySins: 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
nairalanda1:
LOL, this is basically another misogynistic thread.

The painful thing is that many of these nairalanders who come here to say that woman is this and woman is that....many of them are doing so because some woman hurt them in the past, and as a result, all women are bad.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with women doing commentary on football. What is needed is a knowledge of the game, and if you know the game, good. If you don;t know the difference between offside, and onside and (unless you are a certain Chris Kamara), know when a player is sent off, it's good.

But one thing I am going to say to everyone commenting on this thread is simple. Stop hating women. Stop putting down women. It does not make you a better person, it only makes you look bitter and hateful. At the end you are going to father daughters, marry women and relate with women. You cannot do that if you think poorly and hate all of them

Before you people come and call me simp...yes, I know some women are bad, and yes some forms of femminism are basically misandrist propaganda. God knows I don't like it. But there is nothing wrong with a woman commenting. Better accept it...it is life, and that's how it is going to be.

Besides, I am even happy some women are taking an interest in football. It used to annoy me a lot when I was younger and see women who were proud to be ignorant about the beautiful game.

Did you see any female on the pitch? No. Is it too much to require that even the commentary be carried out by a male?

Would you accuse a woman of being a misandrist if she only wants the attention of a female doctor? No, I guess.

We need to stop this bullshit of inclusiveness.

The two genders are distinct in many ways and our voice is a primary example. I am not supposed to expatiate. You have to understand that just because I like football doesn't mean I would like to watch an all-females football match or I would like to watch an all males match with a female referee and it is wrong if I choose not to. There is no misogyny in the OP's content for many reasons.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by CJStarz: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2023
U never listened to Modele Sarafa Yusuf of the NTA back then,late 90s and early 2000s.
She was da bomb in football commentary.
Nkechi Obi as well

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Allsmilez999: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
All this kind talk dey make person lose him job and risk deportation.
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Benwallt(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2023
Football generally is pain these days. VAR on it's own is taking lives every Saturdays and Sundays. Unexpected results are nerves wrecking. Football is vexing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by engrchykae(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
Angelfrost:

Don't mind that one... He must be sleeping. cheesy
I think he was arguing for the sake of arguing.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Melagros(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
WiszyFraud:
undecided
Wizy discovery no dey today?
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by killsmith(f): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
You are free to go back to the stoneage.
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by amnesty7: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
I wish you understand those masculine, throaty, wild and passionate Arab commentators! They literally give life to football matches.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Justiceleague1: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
BBC football commentators are the best,wether male or female
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by BennyDGreat: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
casualobserver:

A world that has female pastors/clergy despite the Bible clearly saying it is forbidden.

That's not true. Nowhere in the Bible says that it is forbidden for there to be female pastors.
Quote the place and we will analyse the context together
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by GreatAchiever1: 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
BennyDGreat:

That's not true. Nowhere in the Bible says that it is forbidden for there to be female pastors.
Quote the place and we will analyse the context together

Bro, there is no such thing as women pastors or elders in the bible, except your Church denomination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Alcoron: 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
You are not the only one. The female commentators are horrible. Their voice is a virus in football.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by GreatAchiever1: 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
That one na una Premier League fans headache, my one be say, I no wan hear any woman commentator for any Madrid match. Anyway sha, the La Liga channel no get woman commentator only anchor, make e just dey like that.

4 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by GreatOchuks: 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
After the Spanish women use their drama enclipse World cup glory with a mere kiss ,,, I lost interest in their interference with anything Men's football..

They should focus on their own version, let the real Version of Men's football continue untainted ..

Shout like who wan cum ,, rubbish

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
You go worry more when Transgenders begin enter premier league Clubs as players
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Aklee4994(m): 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Asin ehn.
I'm not feeling it at all. Maybe as a supporting commentator not main.

The drive is just missing.
them dey find you for romance section where you comment about important of gas cylinder net..I swear you be bad guy
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by kiddkash(m): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Timagex:
Imagine if it was a woman that handled the mic when messi won the world cup last year!!

The joy! The shout! The fear! The anxiety!

"What a man can, a woman can do better" has its limits.

On the brighter side, I think the trend is bringing an awakening of women to football.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!
When a man acts like a weakling in a match, and you yell be a man, they will accuse you of being sexist let them give us space

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Chetas81(m): 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

Those one too,are they not games of competition? Won't ur darling team or favourite driver looses or wins?
Luis Hamilton is my great driver of all time after fenedar Alonso ___ IN REAL LIFE I'M A DRIVER BY PROFESSIONAL, FROM ONITSHA TO LAGOS ON SUNDAY IS LIKE 5 HOURS TO LAGOS WITH NICE CAMRY 160 KILOMETERS PER HOURS 😂🤟https://apk-store.org/real-racing-3-mod-apk.html#download_app joined us online and become best speed demon with Hennessy f5 sports cars
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by dauntless15(m): 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2023
Lumig:

Is it a crime to be misogynistic?
yea it is.
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by justli: 12:41am On Dec 04, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Female comentators in sports. angry

I'm not feeling it at all. It feels less intense watching a match with a female voice commentating especially for my own team where I have strong passion and adrenaline running.

No offence but female voices just don't match for certain sports and definitely not football. Male commentators convey my passion the right way, these female voices sound like child's play.

A woman's voice calms a man. We don't want to calm down when watching football, we want to be gingered. grin

Imagine a female commentator for boxing or NBA basketball or WWE where raw passion/adrenaline is needed. It will kill that sport. Females can commentate on less intense sports like golf, beach volleyball or swimming.

I really hope they stop this trend because over the years it will make football lose followership. Let's face it, the only thing a football fan brings is passion. If you remove it then the football fan will not bother to spend money watching his struggling team only when they're doing well.

Most fans don't even have a logical reason for spending on football every weekend, we just love the intensity. If I have to continue listening to a soft female voice when a long range shot is scored or a strong tackle flies in, I will feel disgusted.

This should be stopped.
Thanks.

I have since been nagging my friends over this. Like, it kills the attack and elevated moments in the game. I don't know, but they just want women taking over men space even to the detriment of the beautiful game

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by jelel6: 12:59am On Dec 04, 2023
Angelfrost:
At the risk of being misconstrued as misogynistic, I have to completely agree with you.

I can understand mixing things up and getting in some equality by bringing in female match officials for men's games, but when it comes to football commentary, abeg leave am as e be.

Female commentary dey dull game seriously.

Let's call a spade a spade: you're a misogynist grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Silentgroper(m): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2023
philo04:
Their comment sound romantic like person weh wan cum
that's y i don't joke with moaning ..

That sound hss to be the GOATED sound

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Silentgroper(m): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2023
RawSex:
Misogyny?
check that word out in the dictionary.. you'd see you are wrong..

Op is only being sexist...
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Silentgroper(m): 1:31am On Dec 04, 2023
Chetas81:
Luis Hamilton is my great driver of all time after fenedar Alonso ___ IN REAL LIFE I'M A DRIVER BY PROFESSIONAL, FROM ONITSHA TO LAGOS ON SUNDAY IS LIKE 5 HOURS TO LAGOS WITH NICE CAMRY 160 KILOMETERS PER HOURS 😂🤟https://apk-store.org/real-racing-3-mod-apk.html#download_app joined us online and become best speed demon with Hennessy f5 sports cars
lewis ..

He's English not Hispanic
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Charx122: 2:27am On Dec 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
they comment like they are talking about butterflies and reading from a novel.

No spontaneity, no word play, no zeal, no predictive mind (only comment after the action), no enthusiasm, no vibrance, no EUREKA tone.
Total lack of authority behind the microphone in a high adrenaline sport.

Now just imagine a female commentary in the MIRACLE OF ISTANBUL match. Hell Nah.
Gef use to it .
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by membranus: 3:19am On Dec 04, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
You go worry more when Transgenders begin enter premier league Clubs as players

May God forbid that abomination.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by nairalanda1(m): 3:39am On Dec 04, 2023
ISelectMySins:

Did you see any female on the pitch? No. Is it too much to require that even the commentary be carried out by a male?

Taking your commentary to its logical conclusion....women should never see male doctors.

Would you accuse a woman of being a misandrist if she only wants the attention of a female doctor? No, I guess.

And what if there is no female doctor?

We need to stop this bullshit of inclusiveness.

Right, women should stay in the kitchen, and be barefoot and pregnant, in this Tinubu economy where a two income household cannot pay for everything.

The two genders are distinct in many ways and our voice is a primary example. I am not supposed to expatiate. You have to understand that just because I like football doesn't mean I would like to watch an all-females football match or I would like to watch an all males match with a female referee and it is wrong if I choose not to. There is no misogyny in the OP's content for many reasons.
[/quote]

Rubbish.

P.S You hate women. Better stop hating women. Simple. If a woman wants to comment on a male game so be it. If a man wants to comment on a woman game, so be it.
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by jeff1607(m): 4:16am On Dec 04, 2023
Opinions coming from an individual who doesn't give the club he is supporting any value.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Sprints3: 4:58am On Dec 04, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Female comentators in sports. angry

I'm not feeling it at all. It feels less intense watching a match with a female voice commentating especially for my own team where I have strong passion and adrenaline running.

No offence but female voices just don't match for certain sports and definitely not football. Male commentators convey my passion the right way, these female voices sound like child's play.

A woman's voice calms a man. We don't want to calm down when watching football, we want to be gingered. grin

Imagine a female commentator for boxing or NBA basketball or WWE where raw passion/adrenaline is needed. It will kill that sport. Females can commentate on less intense sports like golf, beach volleyball or swimming.

I really hope they stop this trend because over the years it will make football lose followership. Let's face it, the only thing a football fan brings is passion. If you remove it then the football fan will not bother to spend money watching his struggling team only when they're doing well.

Most fans don't even have a logical reason for spending on football every weekend, we just love the intensity. If I have to continue listening to a soft female voice when a long range shot is scored or a strong tackle flies in, I will feel disgusted.

This should be stopped.
Thanks.

didn't we tell u people not to remove Blatter infant I no and ceferin are agent of Lucifer.... Not a fan of Blatter too cuz that man na bloody rogue...
Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Originalsly: 5:25am On Dec 04, 2023
Timagex:

On the brighter side, I think the trend is bringing an awakening of women to football.

I agree that a woman can't bring the passion and intensity needed in football .... the testosterone is just not there!

On the other side... I don't believe women commentators will bring women to the sport. Women watching football mainly have little interest in the actual game or the outcome .... most are there to watch the men. Two football matches ... Italy vs Spain ..... 1000 meters away ... sexiest movie stars vs sexiest male models at twice the price .... which do you thing women will storm?

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? by Dhombre: 5:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Lol, Why do you hate women. There’s nothing bad in hearing a woman run a commentary. It should give you goose bumbs and it doesn’t take away the action and intensity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Footballers Who Celebrated 2020 Christmas On Social Media (Photos) / Rashford Makes Virgil VanDijk Crawl On The Pitch. See Reactions / Messi's New Deal At Man City Would See Him Earn N153m Per Day, N4.5bn Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.