Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap (4368 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Reno Omokri Reveals Daddy Freeze's Parents' Identity / Tanko Muhammed Has 32 Kids - Reno Omokri Reveals / Omokri Reveals Biggest Scam Buhari Is Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
NaijirianKing:
Some Africans have inferiority complex and attribute everything to Europe.. smh.

Even if this post is made in jest, some don't know Africans wore wool caps for thousands of years and civilization of Africans didn't start at colonialism smh.

That hat Igbo wear is over two thousand years old and used to be worn to show initiation into certain secret societies. People should learn history before its hone forever and we start attributing even African languages to Europeans.

Word will for thousands of years?

Where did the wool come from?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Tmb78(m): 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2023
hammerFC:
IT IS ONLY A YORUBA MAN THAT WILL WASTE TIME WITH RENO.

IGBO PEOPLE DONT HAVE TIME.

WHO IS RENO?
You people and hypocrisy sha!

Igbo had his time when he was busy stroking your collective egos by dragging Buhari and then Tinubu

YOU ALL WERE CHEERING HIM ON THEN

That was when he would praise the indigbos and their ancestors over every little thing

You all had his time then!

I GUESS THAT TIME YOU ALL WERE YORUBAS THAT HAD TIME THEN, OKWAYA?

YOU HAD BETTER ENJOY THE SHOW COS IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE!😂😂😂😂
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 12:42am On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

Yep
I don't understand all these questions
You won't understand
You claim that Ibos have been trading wool with South Africa since time immemorial.
We know that Europeans brought wool sheep to South Africa in the late 18th century . ie Merino wool sheep
So your claim is not only a lie but ridiculous
There is no history of Ibos trading with South Africa ,the fact that you can spout such crap projects you as brainless and shameless
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 12:45am On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

I said the wool was gotten from south Africa don't you know that wool is largely produced in south Africa? You asked where they got the wool from
Wool was not produced in South Africa before Europeans arrived and brought with them MERINO SHEEP in the late 18th century
You lie without sense like a 6 year old
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by NaijirianKing: 3:25am On Dec 06, 2023
They were originally made from locally sourced material. Similar to how 200 years ago most Palm oil that was used in Nigeria cane from Nigeria. Today we use Malaysian palm oil as a replacement.

Same way native rice is now substituted for foreign rice.

Same way we will wear leather from Europe instead of using leather from Kano.

Over time we change things. Certain concepts remain but the actual items used have been substituted due to globalization.

For example, most Igbo used to wear Akwete cloth as their native wear. These came from The Ancient Arochukwu Confederacy, but today Igbo native is made from imported cloths.

Gajagojo:

Word will for thousands of years?

Where did the wool come from?

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:15am On Dec 06, 2023
Catapault:

There’s a God of the world, who created the Earth etc, and then there’s a Supreme Being, the ultimate source of all life.

What are the Igbo words for the two?
Why are you changing the topic 😂
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:20am On Dec 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

Wool was not produced in South Africa before Europeans arrived and brought with them MERINO SHEEP in the late 18th century
Although carpet type wools have been produced in Northern Africa for centuries, the production of fine apparel types on the African continent

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:20am On Dec 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

They've answered your question already
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:22am On Dec 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

You won't understand
You claim that Ibos have been trading wool with South Africa since time immemorial.
We know that Europeans brought wool sheep to South Africa in the late 18th century . ie Merino wool sheep
So your claim is not only a lie but ridiculous
There is no history of Ibos trading with South Africa ,the fact that you can spout such crap projects you as brainless and shameless
They were originally made from locally sourced material. Similar to how 200 years ago most Palm oil that was used in Nigeria cane from Nigeria. Today we use Malaysian palm oil as a replacement.For example, most Igbo used to wear Akwete cloth as their native wear. These came from The Ancient Arochukwu Confederacy, but today Igbo native is made from imported cloths.
Culture is dynamic you idiot

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by fregeneh(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2023
azzima:
ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings, Bowler Hats and neck ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others
even yoruba dressing sef were influenced by northerner
_FACT
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

They were originally made from locally sourced material. Similar to how 200 years ago most Palm oil that was used in Nigeria cane from Nigeria. Today we use Malaysian palm oil as a replacement.For example, most Igbo used to wear Akwete cloth as their native wear. These came from The Ancient Arochukwu Confederacy, but today Igbo native is made from imported cloths.

You see the. Problem with you people is that lying is so natural to you

You lie effortlessly. Without shame
You go around claiming other people's things as yours. You claim Nsibidi an Efik invention as Ibo and lie and lie and lie
First you you claim made them from wool when exposed you just change mouth and expect us to forget and move on with you to the next lie .Stop talking about palm oil. Let us finish with your original lie
When did Ibos buy wool from South Africa what year did that start

Tell us are those women in that photo are they Ibos?Why are you so fraudulent?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

Mynd44, OAM4J rule 2
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

Although carpet type wools have been produced in Northern Africa for centuries, the production of fine apparel types on the African continent
You made the claim
no one forced you to
you had enough time to research and check but you chose to lie about wool and trade from South Africa
A total.fabrication by you
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by odduduwa: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2023
Yorubafather:

You can call it whatever you like but are those wearing it complaining to you, anyway I forgot most problem of you Yoruba Muslims are inferiority complex include you. problem could be from over slamming head on ground tiles grin grin
he used to claim deltan before during those years of Biafran agitation
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

How a people can lie with such ease is astounding

What exactly was Ar o confederacy?

It was the arrangement in Arochukwu after it was captured by the Akamkpa who established a dynasty there which still reign to this day by the way. It was an Akamkpa/Ibom arrangement which conquered Aro and used that platform to sell Iboes from surrounding areas as slave through Calabar for centuries
The Iboes did not wear Akwete as their Native cloth. THEY WENT AROUND NAKED
Akwete came about after civilizing contact with the Ijebus who sold fabrics to Ijaws in the 19th century. IT WAS CALLED ASO OLONA

It was very expensive to produce and not "native cloth" it was ceremonial for the wealthy. The rest of the population walked about stark naked.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by WorldRichest: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2023
Igbo elders need to go and beg Reno Omo-Kirikiri. If we dey fight, no be say make our opponents die nah.

This old fallacy of the love relationship between Igbo women and Gorillas, I hope Reno Omo-Kirikiri will not prove it right.

Igbos are our brothers, the fact that we disagree politically does not mean we should humiliate them like sub humans
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by WorldRichest: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2023
Yorubafather:

Reno is correct with anything to please Yoruba Muslims grin

How will him please Igbo Traditionalists nah?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by WorldRichest: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
tsdarkside:
this guy is just slappin them left right and anyhow lately....

brutalitys upon brutalitys....

They need to beg the guy. If I be Igbo, I go arrange Elders to go beg am before he proves the origin of Igbos
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by IgOga(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2023
I hope Reno will not come one day to say he wants to contest for presidency
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by donkach: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:
It's called a Voyageur Toques hat. He is not wrong.
He is wrong.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2023
Brek:

Yep
I don't understand all these questions
You are too dull to understand
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

You see the. Problem with you people is that lying is so natural to you

You lie effortlessly. Without shame
You go around claiming other people's things as yours. You claim Nsibidi an Efik invention as Ibo and lie and lie and lie
First you you claim made them from wool when exposed you just change mouth and expect us to forget and move on with you to the next lie .Stop talking about palm oil. Let us finish with your original lie
When did Ibos buy wool from South Africa what year did that start

Tell us are those women in that photo are they Ibos?Why are you so fraudulent?
What more proof do you want again? I showed you source that nsibidi was found in southeastern Nigeria but you're still denying it? What more proof do you want? Not you yapping in huge paragraphs to say jargon of nonsense without proof. I've presented my facts and I'll present it again

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

How a people can lie with such ease is astounding

What exactly was Ar o confederacy?

It was the arrangement in Arochukwu after it was captured by the Akamkpa who established a dynasty there which still reign to this day by the way. It was an Akamkpa/Ibom arrangement which conquered Aro and used that platform to sell Iboes from surrounding areas as slave through Calabar for centuries
The Iboes did not wear Akwete as their Native cloth. THEY WENT AROUND NAKED
Akwete came about after civilizing contact with the Ijebus who sold fabrics to Ijaws in the 19th century. IT WAS CALLED ASO OLONA

It was very expensive to produce and not "native cloth" it was ceremonial for the wealthy. The rest of the population walked about stark naked.
Ibom was Aro and shiet
Where's the naked you were talking about again?

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 6:28am On Dec 07, 2023
Brek:

What more proof do you want again? I showed you source that nsibidi was found in southeastern Nigeria but you're still denying it? What more proof do you want? Not you yapping in huge paragraphs to say jargon of nonsense without proof. I've presented my facts and I'll present it again

Wikipedia is not proof
So Stop deceiving yourself
Nsibidi is NOT an Ibo creation
IT BELONGS TO THE EFIK
All you do is lie and lie
You went and brought photos of AkokoEdo women and tried to pass them off as Ibo
Lying is in your DNA
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Wikipedia is not proof
IT BELONGS TO THE EFIK
Lying is in your DNA
Something called citations on Wikipedia 🙉🙈 even the article was showing Aro confederacy of igbos
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Wikipedia is not proof
IT BELONGS TO THE EFIK
Lying is in your DNA
Long before the Europeans and what is today known as the western civilization came to West Africa, the Ekoi (Ejagham) people in present-day Nigeria had developed a unique form of ideographic writing called Nsibidi.

Author P.A Talbot who lived during the colonial times described it as “a kind of primitive secret writing” which was communicated on “cut or painted on split palm stems”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Brek:

Long before the Europeans and what is today known as the western civilization came to West Africa, the Ekoi (Ejagham) people in present-day Nigeria had developed a unique form of ideographic writing called Nsibidi.

Author P.A Talbot who lived during the colonial times described it as “a kind of primitive secret writing” which was communicated on “cut or painted on split palm stems”.
I know that already
What has that got to do with Iboes?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

I know that already
What has that got to do with Iboes?
grin

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2023
Brek:

grin
What has it got to do with Iboes?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What has it got to do with Iboes?
Did you not see the pic or not
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by adekolaelect(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
hammerFC:

ONLY IDIOTS CARE ABOUT RENO.
I pain this one . Why do a rejected cap became culture of a Tribe.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Swiftgrp: 12:29am On Dec 16, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
As shared on X by popular influencer and adviser to former president of Nigeria, GEJ.
Dear @sleyany,

Thank you for your feedback. You call me over sabi? Okay, let me over sabi you some history. Do you see this your 'traditional cap' on your head? Do you know the origin? When British and Irish Christian missionaries came to a part of Nigeria, they realised that they had no need for their winter caps, known as head warmers or beanies, because of the humid heat of the area. So they threw them away. And the local butt naked natives picked them up and began wearing them. And now, it has become their 'traditional' cap. In the blistering heat. And the offspring of such a people is calling me 'over sabi'. Who is the real over sabi? Neither me or my ancestors would wear someone's reject and call it traditional dress. If I show you photos of some of your ancestors, you will delete all your social media posts and never show your face again in public.

Thanks again, and may God bless you.

#TableShaker
~~~~~~
LMAO... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yar'adua Invites Britain To Reorganise Nigerian Police / Was Awo Guilty Of War Crimes? / Amaechi To Drag The Nigerian Senate To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.