Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap (4371 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Reno Omokri Reveals Daddy Freeze's Parents' Identity / Tanko Muhammed Has 32 Kids - Reno Omokri Reveals / Omokri Reveals Biggest Scam Buhari Is Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2023
Before you start your nonsense
Ekpe/agu cult cap has been from time immemorial. Ekpe is a society in southeastern Nigeria and some parts of southwest Cameroon. Just like nsibidi, it was used by Igbos, Ibibio etc

Ekpe means leopard. That cap is called okpuagu in Igbo just like it's sister dress material is called Isiagu. I wouldn't blame you, Igbos have a robust civilization that keep even the white guessing it's origin.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by tsdarkside(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Brek:

Ekpe/agu cult cap has been from time immemorial. Ekpe is a society in southeastern Nigeria and some parts of southwest Cameroon. Just like nsibidi, it was used by Igbos, Ibibio etc

Ekpe means leopard. That cap is called okpuagu in Igbo just like it's sister dress material is called Isiagu. I wouldn't blame you, Igbos have a robust civilization that keep even the white guessing it's origin.

shattapu....!!

MEEVEET....!!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by tsdarkside(m): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2023
Brek:

Which argument is that?

why are you always nakked bushman....??

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brimstone77: 6:49am On Dec 04, 2023
tsdarkside:
this guy is just slappin them left right and anyhow lately....

brutalitys upon brutalitys....

In you tiny brain..

"RENO IS DEALING WITH IGBOS"

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂..

Funny people!
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Dafresh: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Typing:

Go and sit down. Reno don expose una. Igbo dont have any traditional Cap grin grin
Reno na your papa
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Dafresh: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2023
tsdarkside:

shattapu....na winter throwaway caps una dey copy till today....

sue me to court.... tongue tongue
na ontop Igbo matter you go kpaii
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by tsdarkside(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Dafresh:
na ontop Igbo matter you go kpaii

winter cap....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by tsdarkside(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Brimstone77:

In you tiny brain..

"RENO IS DEALING WITH IGBOS"

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂..

Funny people!

winter capians....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by raskymonojendor: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2023
Brek:
Before you start your nonsense

🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by plaindealer: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2023
This thread is hilarious...

Igbos no fit catch break at all...

Common beanie cap is some people's culture and tradition...

Kolomental is a biatchhhh

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by aswani(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2023
hammerFC:
IT IS ONLY A YORUBA MAN THAT WILL WASTE TIME WITH RENO.

IGBO PEOPLE DONT HAVE TIME.

WHO IS RENO?

They don't have time yet he has to spend over 99.999% of his time responding to Ndigbo on his social media handles.

Lord knows how the poor man will find time to sleep, eat and sh*t when Ndigbo start "wasting" time with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by tishbite42: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Pakute:

[You still want to embarrass yourself further with your dumb questions. It's enough already that Reno has dragged you through the mud.
There's nothing Reno said about that head warmer that is not true.]

How about the Ijaw bowler hat?!

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Dafresh: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2023
tsdarkside:

winter cap....
summer cap
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Typing: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brek:

Answer his questions
You guys don't have a single evidence

How many evidence you want? Igbo no get traditional Cap. They one they potrait is Oyinbo people winter Cap cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
Well.I.know that wool.is not made in Nigeria
So traditionally what material did The Iboes make these baby hats from
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2023
tsdarkside:

shattapu....!!

MEEVEET....!!
Please refute it
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
raskymonojendor:

🤣🤣🤣
Refute my claim please 🥺
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Typing:

How many evidence you want? Igbo no get traditional Cap. They one they potrait is Oyinbo people winter Cap cheesy cheesy

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brek:

Nsibidi is not an Ibo phenomenon. Stop this cultural. Parasitism
It is not in any way an Ibo thing. The word itself is not Ibo language

Regarding the hat?
How is a hat MADE OF WOOL now something Ibos have had from time immemorial
Where did they get the wool?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:39am On Dec 05, 2023
Gajagojo:

Nsibidi is not an Ibo phenomenon. Stop this cultural. Parasitism
It is not in any way an Ibo thing. The word itself is not Ibo language

Regarding the hat?
How is a hat MADE OF WOOL now something Ibos have had from time immemorial
Where did they get the wool?
You think I'm stupid
And they got the wool from trading

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by azzima(m): 6:16am On Dec 05, 2023
ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings, Bowler Hats and neck ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by azzima(m): 6:19am On Dec 05, 2023
Santa cap ppl dem!!!

grin grin grin grin

Naked Santa ppl!
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2023
Brek:

You think I'm stupid
And they got the wool from trading
You sound it

Trading wool.with whom from time immemorial
The only thing they made with will was these baby hats?
How did they make the hate

Honestly

You sound it
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by 9ijaprince(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
richiemcgold:

I don't think he's doing this for free. Somebody is probably paying him for this job. Reno may not be jobless after all.

I got your point. He is a paid useless mischief maker. Someone on Facebook warned that Reno has a serpentine intelligence, now I understand. His mission is to create hatred among Nigerians especially towards the Igbos.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gajagojo:

You sound it

Trading wool.with whom from time immemorial
The only thing they made with will was these baby hats?
How did they make the hate

Honestly

You sound it
You seriously don't know where the igbos got the wool from? They got it from the people who bought wool from south Africa
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
azzima:
ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings, Bowler Hats and neck ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others

The ancient Igbo religion and traditions are known as Odinani. In Igbo mythology, which is part of their ancient religion, the supreme God is called Chukwu (“great spirit”); Chukwu created the world and everything in it and is associated with all things on Earth. Chukwu is a solar deity.
The traditional Igbo attire is usually called the Isiagu aka Chieftancy. The Isiagu is a soft shirt with pattern on it – most times gold or red patterns.
Both men and women wore wrappers. Men would wear loin cloths that wrapped round their waist and between their legs to be fastened at their back, the type of clothing appropriate for the intense heat as well as jobs such as farming. Men could also tie a wrapper over their loin cloth.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
Brek:

You seriously don't know where the igbos got the wool from? They got it from the people who bought wool from south Africa
which people
When
How

They brought will from South Africa to make baby hats and what else? Did they make with this wool?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gajagojo:
which people
When
How

They brought will from South Africa to make baby hats and what else? Did they make with this wool?
I said the wool was gotten from south Africa don't you know that wool is largely produced in south Africa? You asked where they got the wool from
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Gajagojo: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
Brek:

I said the wool was gotten from south Africa don't you know that wool is largely produced in south Africa? You asked where they got the wool from

Brek:

So Ibos have been trading with South Africa since time immemorial?

Is it black people in South Africa that were making this wool from time immemorial
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Brek: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gajagojo:

So Ibos have been trading with South Africa since time immemorial?

Is it black people in South Africa that were making this wool from time immemorial
Yep
I don't understand all these questions
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by Catapault: 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2023
Brek:

The ancient Igbo religion and traditions are known as Odinani. In Igbo mythology, which is part of their ancient religion, the supreme God is called Chukwu (“great spirit”); Chukwu created the world and everything in it and is associated with all things on Earth. Chukwu is a solar deity.
The traditional Igbo attire is usually called the Isiagu aka Chieftancy. The Isiagu is a soft shirt with pattern on it – most times gold or red patterns.
Both men and women wore wrappers. Men would wear loin cloths that wrapped round their waist and between their legs to be fastened at their back, the type of clothing appropriate for the intense heat as well as jobs such as farming. Men could also tie a wrapper over their loin cloth.

There’s a God of the world, who created the Earth etc, and then there’s a Supreme Being, the ultimate source of all life.

What are the Igbo words for the two?
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Origin Of The Igbo Wool Cap by NaijirianKing: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
Some Africans have inferiority complex and attribute everything to Europe.. smh.

Even if this post is made in jest, some don't know Africans wore wool caps for thousands of years and civilization of Africans didn't start at colonialism smh.

That hat Igbo wear is over two thousand years old and used to be worn to show initiation into certain secret societies. People should learn history before its hone forever and we start attributing even African languages to Europeans.

adamusuleiman1:
As shared on X by popular influencer and adviser to former president of Nigeria, GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? / Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida / Is President Jonathan Being Laughed At During His UN Address.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.