Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? (203 Views)

How I Found Out My Student Was My Nursery School Teacher –lecturer / "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / What's The Funniest Nickname You Gave Your Teacher While In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by Ifyok50(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
Back in the day in Sari-Iganmu Senior Secondary School, there was this mathematics teacher of ours who so much loved using the word, "invariably" in almost every sentence he made.

For instance, you would hear: if you divide 20 by 5, invariably, your answer is 4. Invariably, this........ Invariably, that...........

In Uniuyo, my departmental lecturer then would always say: "Evidently", this....... Evidently, that..........

For instance, " if you are flexing when you're supposed to be reading your books, evidently you're gonna fail."

"If you do take your studies seriously and pay the price now, evidently, you'll smile and laugh all through tomorrow."

So over to you. What's that one vocabulary you subconsciously picked up from your teacher/lecturer?
Re: What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by illicit(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
Baba Friday, Linguistics lecturer at UNILORIN will tell u or anyone ' U are crazy in the head'

🤕

1 Like

Re: What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by agoro2u: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
I have one teacher back then in secondary school, every word will followed by "I mean" to the extent that he may have up to 4 "i mean" per sentence.

1 Like

Re: What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by Ifyok50(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
agoro2u:
I have one teacher back then in secondary school, every word will followed by "I mean" to the extent that he may have up to 4 "i mean" per sentence.

Hmmmm...
Re: What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by Ifyok50(m): 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
illicit:
Baba Friday, Linguistics lecturer at UNILORIN will tell u or anyone ' U are crazy in the head'

🤕

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: What's That Vocabulary You Subconsciously Picked Up From Your Teacher/lecturer? by PedoBear: 3:20am On Dec 05, 2023
Cuckold brining chicken from my bb

(1) (Reply)

Update: Introducing The Canada Student Visa Rules Changes 2024 / Adsu 2015/2016 / Pre- Degree Form Is Out School Contact / YABATECH Forms 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.