Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses (628 Views)

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
There are many Bible verses that relates death with sin! Some are listed below.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Romans 5:17,21
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) …

Genesis 2:17
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die."

Proverbs 11:19
Genuine righteousness leads to life, but the pursuit of evil brings death.

Isaiah 3:9
The expression on their faces testifies against them, and like Sodom they flaunt their sin; they do not conceal it. Woe to them, for they have brought disaster upon themselves.

Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, every soul belongs to Me; both father and son are Mine. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Taking all these together the death is physical as Sodom was mentioned above in Isaiah 3:9.
According to the Bible, one person brought sin and we all were infected with sin and death for all have sinned...

1. So why do other animals die?
2. And how just is making one man a scape goat to bring sin to the world; I don't have to sin to be a sinner as I already inherited sin at birth. How fair is this?
3. The entire women gender was cursed to labor with much suffering after eating from the forbidden tree! How fair is that?
4. Animals too do give birth with much suffering with some even passing through much pain than us. What was their crime? Was there any forbidden tree they ate from?
5. The serpent 🐍 was cursed with crawling on it's belly and eating dust. I wonder how it was moving before and what species of serpent eats dust!
6. If All man have sinned, is Mary included? And why didn't Jesus inherit any sin from Mary?
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
AntiChristian:
There are many Bible verses that relates death with sin! Some are listed below. Taking all these together the death is physical as Sodom was mentioned above in Isaiah 3:9.
According to the Bible, one person brought sin and we all were infected with sin and death for all have sinned...
None of the verses you quoted say any of what you claim though! That instead seems to be an interpretation that you have chosen to apply as far as verses quoted out-of-context by the way. undecided

Paul's famous "All have sinned..." comes from Psalm 53 where David spoke those words instead about all those who do evil(fools) against God.
1 A fool thinks that there is no God. People like that are bad. They do evil things. None of them does anything that is good.
2 God looks down from heaven at the people on earth. He wants to see if there is anyone who is really wise and who wants to know God.
3 But they have all turned away. They have all become evil. Nobody does anything that is good, not even one person.
4 People who do wicked things understand nothing. They destroy my people as easily as they eat bread. They never pray to God.
5 But now they are very afraid when there is nothing to be afraid of! God has completely won against his enemies, the people that attack you, his people. God has turned against them, so you are able to make them ashamed!
6 God, you are the one who saves your people, Israel! Leave your home in Zion and make your people strong again! When God blesses his people, Jacob's descendants will sing! Yes, Israel's people will be very happy! - Psalm 53 vs 1 - 6
Also, see Psalm 14. David, the man who spoke those words, was himself a righteous man and so not implicated. undecided
1 Only fools say to themselves, ‘There is no God.’ People like that do bad and evil things. None of them do things that are good and right.
2 The Lord is looking down from heaven. He looks at the people of the world, to see if there are any wise people among them. He looks to see if anyone wants to know God.
3 But everyone has turned away from God. They have all become evil. Not even one person does things that are right! - Psalm 14 vs - 1
Here's from Romans 3
9 So then, what do we learn from that? We cannot say that we Jews are better than other people. No, certainly we cannot say that! I have said already that sin has power over everyone. That is true for both Jews and Gentiles.
10 This is written in the Bible: ‘There is nobody who is right with God. There is not even one person who is like that.
11 There is nobody who understands what is true. There is nobody who wants to worship God.
12 Everyone has turned away from God. All people have become completely bad. Nobody does what is good or kind. There is not even one person who is like that. - Romans 3 vs 9 - 12
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of the verses you quoted say any of what you claim though! That instead seems to be an interpretation that you have chosen to apply as far as verses quoted out-of-context by the way. undecided

Paul's famous "All have sinned..." comes from Psalm 53 where David spoke those words about all those who do evil(fools) against God.

Ah ah! Which kind lamba be this?

1 Like

Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Ah ah! Which kind lamba be this?
Which one be lambda to you? undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by MightySparrow: 12:37am On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
There are many Bible verses that relates death with sin! Some are listed below.

Taking all these together the death is physical as Sodom was mentioned above in Isaiah 3:9.

2. And how just is making one man a scape goat to bring sin to the world; I don't have to sin to be a sinner as I was already inherited sin at birth. How fair is this?
3. The entire women gender was cursed to labor with much suffering after eating from the forbidden tree! How fair is that?
4. Animals too do give birth with much suffering with some even passing through much pain than us. What was their crime? Was there any forbidden tree they ate from?
5. The serpent 🐍 was cursed with crawling on it's belly and eating dust. I wonder how it was moving before and what species of serpent eats dust!
6. If All man have sinned, is Mary included? And why didn't Jesus inherit any sin from Mary?

You are getting wiser and not far from the truth.

The Bible enjoins us not to cast our pearls before a swine. Your questions should have been answered, but you don't seem to be a sincere seeker of the truth.

Do more research.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 7:48am On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which one be lambda to you? undecided

Lamba is falsehood!
Lambda is the 11th Greek alphabet or so!
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

You are getting wiser and not far from the truth.

The Bible enjoins us not to cast our pearls before a swine. Your questions should have been answered, but you don't seem to be a sincere seeker of the truth.

Do more research.

Which of the questions does these answer?
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

All these questions and many more i have asked but no religion could answer me except Jehovah's Witnesses that's what made me one of them till today! smiley

1 Like

Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

2. And how just is making one man a scape goat to bring sin to the world; I don't have to sin to be a sinner as I already inherited sin at birth. How fair is this?

[1] They weren't created in the image of God so their existence is not needed for long since they can't contribute to the developmental assignment God gave to humans regarding the planet: EARTH! Genesis 1:28

[2] Adam began bearing children after he sinned so he has passed sin to children born afterwards if he had had children before sinning they wouldn't have inherited sin from him.

[3] Eve began bearing children after she sinned so she passed her imperfect condition to her children afterwards otherwise the curse wouldn't have affected her daughters.

[4] They don't need anyone to help them during labour even when passing out excreta we all feel it if it's hard but do we always need help to excrete? NO!

[5] Originally serpents do have limbs it was just discovered few decades ago that through their DNA snakes supposed to have limbs but scientists can't figure out why it's not growing out.

[6] Mary is a sinner as daughter of Adam and Eve but Jesus couldn't inherit sin from her because his birth wasn't through the reproductive process:

But Mary said to the angel: “How is this to be, since I am not having sexual relations with a man?” In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son" Luke 1:34-35

Even the Quran talked about the holiness in the birth of Jesus but that's no problem because by asking this particular question you're interrogating both the Bible and the Quran so this shows your genuineness as a researcher! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by MightySparrow: 11:02am On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

All
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Lamba is falsehood!
Lambda is the 11th Greek alphabet or so!
Ofcourse it is falsehood to you because it all has to be interpreted as you see fit, and not as the author intended, that is afterall the base principle among religious minds. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse it is falsehood to you because it all has to be interpreted as you see fit, and not as the author intended, that is afterall the base principle among religious minds. undecided

Your interpretation is false.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Your interpretation is false.
I offered you no interpretations of any kind. undecided

I simply posted some of the Bible verses Paul himself quoted from in Romans 3 where the statement was made. undecided

You claim it is all a lie because it doesn't suit or fit in well with your personal twist on what Paul wrote. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I simply posted some of the Bible verses Paul himself quoted from in Romans 3 where the statement was made. undecided

Did Paul himself made any reference to where he quoted from?
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Did Paul himself made any reference to where he quoted from?
Paul literally announced that he was taking quotes from scriptures beginning in Romans 3 vs 10.
9 So then, what do we learn from that? We cannot say that we Jews are better than other people. No, certainly we cannot say that! I have said already that sin has power over everyone. That is true for both Jews and Gentiles.
10 This is written in the Bible: ‘There is nobody who is right with God. There is not even one person who is like that.
11 There is nobody who understands what is true. There is nobody who wants to worship God.
12 Everyone has turned away from God. All people have become completely bad. Nobody does what is good or kind. There is not even one person who is like that. - Romans 3 vs 9 - 12
He went on to quote from at least 7 other bible passages before he then put together his reasoning of the content of those verses in the rest of that chapter. And the common theme as far as all the verses Paul quoted from scripture in that block is that they were all about the character of the evil people ...those who do evil against God. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Lukuluku69(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You claim it is all a lie because it doesn't suit or fit in well with your personal twist on what Paul wrote. undecided

Madam, show us where Paul said he words were from the Psalms.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Lukuluku69(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Did Paul himself made any reference to where he quoted from?

No Sir!

Just conjectures.

1 Like

Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
Lukuluku69:
Madam, show us where Paul said he words were from the Psalms.
So, before Paul could be allowed to paraphrase any aspect of Scripture, he was supposed, to right after pointing out he was quoting from Scripture itself, also tell you, "Oh, by the way, Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 is taken from Psalm 53 vs 1 - 3 and Romans 3 vs 13-14 from Psalm 5 vs 8 - 10 and Psalm 140 vs 1 - 5, Romans 3 vs 15 from Proverbs 1 vs 10 - 15, Romans 3 vs 16 - 17 taken from that written in Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8, and Romans 3 vs 18 taken from that written in Psalm 36 vs 1 - 4."? Abi? undecided

Does this funny rule of yours apply as far as all in Scripture, or just to Paul in this particular situation where you wish to assert your very own interpretation in place of Scripture which Paul revealed his idea for the statements that followed in fact comes from? I ask because several of the others spoken of in the book, including Jesus Christ by the way if written to have quoted passages from Scripture which He never in fact revealed the actual source book of. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Lukuluku69(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, before Paul could be allowed to paraphrase any aspect of Scripture, he was supposed, to right after pointing out he was quoting from Scripture itself, also tell you, "Oh, by the way, Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 is taken from Psalm 53 vs 1 - 3 and Romans 3 vs 13-14 from Psalm 5 vs 8 - 10 and Psalm 140 vs 1 - 5, Romans 3 vs 15 from Proverbs 1 vs 10 - 15, Romans 3 vs 16 - 17 taken from that written in Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8, and Romans 3 vs 18 taken from that written in Psalm 36 vs 1 - 4."? Abi? undecided

Does this funny rule of yours apply as far as all in Scripture, or just to Paul in this particular situation where you wish to assert your very own interpretation in place of Scripture which Paul revealed his idea for the statements that followed in fact comes from? I ask because several of the others spoken of in the book, including Jesus Christ by the way if written to have quoted passages from Scriptur e which He never in fact revealed the actual source book of. undecided

Paul didn't say he was paraphrasing any scripture. You were the one who submitted as such simply because it looked similar.

Well what can I say of a Man who was talking about Jesus but never offer just one quote of Jesus in all his Letters and the only time he did, no equivalent can be seen from the Four Canonical accounts.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Paul literally announced that he was taking quotes from scriptures beginning in Romans 3 vs 10.
He went on to quote from at least 7 other bible passages before he then put together his reasoning of the content of those verses in the rest of that chapter. And the common theme as far as all the verses Paul quoted from scripture in that block is that they were all about the character of the evil people ...those who do evil against God. undecided

When you quote someone you mention the reference and you don't just type "copied" "it is written" and things like that. Paul didn't quote that Psalm verse.

When you quote your quote should be verbatim and should have a reference!
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ Paul didn't say he was paraphrasing any scripture. You were the one who submitted as such simply because it looked similar.
■ Well what can I say of a Man who was talking about Jesus but never offer just one quote of Jesus in all his Letters and the only time he did, no equivalent can be seen from the Four Canonical accounts.
So, never mind Paul is written to have said "This is written in the Bible:", you don't accept it at all as Paul telling you he was quoting from Scripture itself? undecided

2. Paul quoted the teachings of Jesus Christ in many of his letters. I am not certain why you choose to believe he didn't. Let me guess... Do you only wish to consider them if verbatim? grin

You people and your many self-imposed rules on that which you are against never cease to amaze! grin
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Same Paul that is fond of passing his own opinions as Laws
Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14 vs 34:

The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.

In the above, "just as the law also says" qualifies "Women should keep quiet in Churches for they are not authorized to speak but should take a secondary and subordinate place."It therefore can be deduced the law categorically says that statement.

Where does the law state that women should take a subordinate/secondary place and should keep quiet in Churches as they are not authorized to speak?
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ When you quote someone you mention the reference and you don't just type "copied" "it is written" and things like that. Paul didn't quote that Psalm verse.
When you quote your quote should be verbatim and should have a reference!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you know how many times the psalms are quoted in Scripture by even the Old Prophets? So many times to count and they were all mostly paraphrasing of the text referenced — rarely any done verbatim which makes sense since these texts were written in different times and language as we know it is fluid but maintains its meaning nonetheless. And do you know how many times the word "Psalms" is found referenced by all in Scripture? Only about 12 times. undecided

Here you are, thousands of years after the fact, attempting to impose upon Scripture rules that made no sense of any kind to the many authors of the books of Scripture. E be like say you no get better to do with your life is why. undecided

Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Same Paul that is fond of passing his own opinions as Laws
They were his letters afterall so his opinions were expected but in Romans 3 beginning from verse 10, Paul made clear that it was scripture he quoted from.And those wise would check to be sure what he stated was in fact of scripture, and it turns out it is. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Lukuluku69(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, never mind Paul is written to have said "This is written in the Bible:", you don't accept it at all as Paul telling you he was quoting from Scripture itself? undecided

2. Paul quoted the teachings of Jesus Christ in many of his letters. I am not certain why you choose to believe he didn't. Let me guess... Do you only wish to consider them if verbatim? grin

You people and your many self-imposed rules on that which you are against never cease to amaze! grin

@No.2 submission, please show me and corroborate it with parallels in the Canonical.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They were his letters afterall so his opinions were expected but in Romans 3 beginning from verse 10, Paul made clear that it was scripture he quoted from.And those wise would check to be sure what he stated was in fact of scripture, and it turns out it is. undecided

Show us what he quoted verbatim vis-a-vis what he penned down? I'm sure you're academic enough to understand the error I'm pointing at!
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
See how Paul makes Muslims run mad.
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
Lukuluku69:
@No.2 submission, please show me and corroborate it with parallels in the Canonical.
Which of the teachings of Jesus Christ do you begin to know of? undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Show us what he quoted verbatim vis-a-vis what he penned down?
■ I'm sure you're academic enough to understand the error I'm pointing at!
Where does it state that Paul must quote it verbatim though? undecided

I have no clue what you mean here by error. undecided
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you know how many times the psalms are quoted in Scripture by even the Old Prophets? So many times to count and they were all mostly paraphrasing of the text referenced — rarely any done verbatim which makes sense since these texts were written in different times and language as we know it is fluid but maintains its meaning nonetheless. And do you know how many times the word "Psalms" is found referenced by all in Scripture? Only about 12 times. undecided

Here you are, thousands of years after the fact, attempting to impose upon Scripture rules that made no sense of any kind to the many authors of the books of Scripture. E be like say you no get better to do with your life is why. undecided

Paul didn't quote that Psalm verse you're pointing at.
You can only say he paraphrased it or stated what was close to it.

So all those "it is written" na lie!
Something like that was written but not exact!
Re: Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses by AntiChristian: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where does it state that Paul must quote it verbatim though? undecided

I have no clue what you mean here by error. undecided

When you quote an earlier writing do you change it's content or diction?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Of The Day / Way Out Of Econm / Share Your Prayer Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.