Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months (10172 Views)

Nigeria’s Non-oil Income Outpaces Oil By N1.5trn In One Year / NBS: Nigeria Recorded N2.2trn Trade Surplus In First Half Of 2023 / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Nwaokunkpara: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2023
Always taking the populace for a fool

Nigerians are funny people

Yesteryears it's was Jonathan

Yesterday it was Buhari

Today we have really gotten over Buhari to be blaming Tinubu

Tinubu will still do his eight years and another more terrible person takes over and the weeping continues

1 Like

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Fujiyama: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2023
SmartyPants:
Meanwhile those who did believe then will suddenly stop believing now. cheesy Wahala!

But then to be fair to the old man, I believe what he said/meant wasn't that statistics don't matter, but rather, practical applications of the statistics to the Nigerian context is what is relevant.

^^^
You have not been fair to him...you have been unbelievably generous.

BAT is the only president I know that has an entire small and medium scale industry dedicated to explaining and clarifying his statements. undecided

His malapropisms provided some 'entertainment' during the campaign but they were in reality, a sign of terrible things to come. If a leader cannot effectively communicate his ideas to those he leads...then there is a problem. This problem is mitigated somewhat when a leader is actually, you know...leading. But there are few things more terrifying than an inarticulate leader who is also incompetent...and the second shortcoming is by far the worse of the two. This is where we are now.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Simeonjoe1: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2023
eteebanky1:
Commendable, but our Naira is mercilessly declining against the Dollar

The federal government should Ban importation of petrol and petroleum products into the country

Do you have local alternatives?
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Pepperoyinbo: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2023
tinsel:

https://www.thecable.ng/nbs-nigerias-exports-outpace-imports-trade-surplus-hit-n3-5trn-in-9-months/amp

So why are the masses not feeling the positive impact that comes with it?

Naija my Country, I hail thee!
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Fujiyama: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2023
Winning123:
Stop lumping everybody with your failure. Get more productive with your life and you will witness a remarkable personal change. Some people are smilling now having hit it big. Ghost did not make those figures happen. It is a pity some people liked your comments. Birds of the same feathers.

^^^
I liked his comment...and I don't have any feathers. angry

I want to learn and I would like you to educate me. No insults and no motivational speeches or psychobabble, please.

Just explain the economics to me - of how a trade surplus of N3.5 trillion(equivalent to 15% of the year's budget and likely to go higher) as at September 2023 has had no impact on the local currency - with a month to the end of the fiscal year.

Go on.

I'm waiting.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by viodemus: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2023
they know they are talking to easily manipulated Nigerians. You are suffering korokoro, and they are using the suffering to wind your brain with paper work.

The aso rock criminal, has hired all sorts of useless positions, and in his mind, he has helped the country. They are there to make him look good by posting fake achievements.
You come out of your house and its raining, they will say is because you came out the front door, try the back door, then you do the back door, they will say it's because it's the back door, try front again. Nothing but a spinning administration, no higher or progressive motion. Nigerians are the Guinea pigs in the spin cycle.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by johnjose68: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2023
tinsel:

https://www.thecable.ng/nbs-nigerias-exports-outpace-imports-trade-surplus-hit-n3-5trn-in-9-months/amp

Good one.

One step at a time.

It is NOT a one day job.

I.pob wants the country to fail, so they can score point.

But no one cares about their opinion or rants.

The fraudulent tribe
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by johnjose68: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
I liked his comment...and I don't have any feathers. angry

I want to learn and I would like you to educate me. No insults and no motivational speeches or psychobabble, please.

Just explain the economics to me - of how a trade surplus of N3.5 trillion(equivalent to 15% of the year's budget and likely to go higher) as at September 2023 has had no impact on the local currency - with a month to the end of the fiscal year.

Go on.

I'm waiting.

As you are waiting, make sure you take a capsule of FAKE drug being sold by Emeka with a bottle of FAKE hero beer
So that your BP can go gaga....bunch of baby factory products.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by ottersberger(m): 10:49am On Dec 05, 2023
What did Nigeria export, oil or manufactured goods? Most of the oil exports were sold by the previous administration and money was collected in advance in anticipation of delivery (debt).

Don't hold your breath, our economy is currently on life support while Tinubu jamborees with a 1000 sycophants entourage.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by sulaak(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2023
LLSAINT:
Yet no reflection on the national economy?
Please save us this statistical drama cry

The reason is that Nigeria is an import-dependent country. Without FX Nigeria cannot afford to import goods and services to support the nation.

Hence, the alternative is to become a productive country without electricity, good roads and rail, skilled staff, and internal security. Local productivity is now a pipe dream with this current set of leaders.

With exemplary leadership, Nigeria can transition into a productive economy.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by johnjose68: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2023
ottersberger:
What did Nigeria export, oil or manufactured goods? Most of the oil exports were sold by the previous administration and money was collected in advance in anticipation of delivery (debt).

Don't hold your breath, our economy is currently on life support while Tinubu jamborees with a 1000 sycophants entourage.

As you are busy taking you FAKE hero beer, take time to read this, the lest discuss:

https://www.nairaland.com/7931471/obis-budget-2009-governors-office

In 2009, when Obi was the governor of Anambra state, his 2009 budget for Governor's office was higher than that of education and health combined.
Compare below his 2009 budget with that of Chimaraoke.
Should we discuss how, under your leadership, Anambra budgeted N5.8 billion and N5.3 billion for the Executive Governor's office in 2009 and 2008, respectively, while the total budget for education was just N2.8 billion?

The way Obi talks about health and education, you would think he spent a lot on capital expenditure for them
- Governor's office : ₦5.8B
- Edu: ₦2.8B
- Health: ₦1.5B
Compare this with
@ChimarokeNamani
2005 budget:
- Governor's Office: ₦1.4B
- Edu: ₦10.7B
- Health: ₦4.3B
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by almarthins(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2023
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by coleon(m): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
If your trade balance is positive then your currency appreciates - unless you decide to keep your currency artificially low (China for example keeps the renminbi artificially low to keep its exports competitive and maintain that positive trade balance).

As far as I am aware, Nigeria is not keeping the Naira artificially low. So how can such a large trade surplus of N3.5 trillion (this trade surplus is about 15% of your entire 2023 budget (supplementary budget included)) not lead to appreciation of the local currency? undecided And the year isn't over mind you - if this positive trade balance (as reported) continues, then the year end trade surplus should be even larger. Some posters have mentioned a lag before the effects of a trade surplus can be seen. How long? A year? A decade?

Something is not adding up.
You are wasting your time responding to a zombie with basic economic principles.
A zombies brain is not matured enough to understand economics, the only thing it can comprehend is agbado and standing on his mandate.
Nigeria is the only country in the world that will have a trade surplus and her currency has devalued by almost 100% within the same year.
Is God not wonderful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Hoelujohn: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Ijaya123:

But if the same NBS says unemployment has increased, you will believe it hook line and sinker.
In Tinubu's voice, shey na statistics we go chop?

1 Like

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Afonja007: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2023
oil and gas i keep sustaining nigeria , without niger delta oil nigeria and haiti are the same category ,let not talk about wetin dey sustain lagos
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by stormborn28(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2023
eteebanky1:

The federal government should Ban importation of petrol and petroleum products into the country

And then you will now use water to fuel your vehicles right
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by BreconHills(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2023
LLSAINT:
Yet no reflection on the national economy?
Please save us this statistical drama cry

Economic recovery always shows up first in the numbers before it shows up on the streets. Most experienced investors bet on the time gap between numbers and manifestation by buying undervalued assets. Unfortunately the poor always begin investing late when the economy is booming which is usually always before economic cooling or even a reset.

If you are waiting for the visible booming of the economy you are going to be too late.

Friendly advice to those who have ears to hear.

1 Like

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Apel147(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2023
A good move in the right direction, I pray Nigeria succeeds at some point, room was not built in a day! God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Tonytonex(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2023
eteebanky1:

then wetin Nigerians go come dey use?
Na ur piss?

Nigeria can not produce sufficient quantity for the whole country. Maybe until the refineries are functioning.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Ijaya123: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
If your trade balance is positive then your currency appreciates - unless you decide to keep your currency artificially low (China for example keeps the renminbi artificially low to keep its exports competitive and maintain that positive trade balance).

As far as I am aware, Nigeria is not keeping the Naira artificially low. So how can such a large trade surplus of N3.5 trillion (this trade surplus is about 15% of your entire 2023 budget (supplementary budget included)) not lead to appreciation of the local currency? undecided And the year isn't over mind you - if this positive trade balance (as reported) continues, then the year end trade surplus should be even larger. Some posters have mentioned a lag before the effects of a trade surplus can be seen. How long? A year? A decade?

Something is not adding up.

Probably when we clear all the backlogs of our forex obligations and our Foreign Reserves begin to increase
then we can see the effect on our currency value.

1 Like

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by commoditiesnig: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
Good news
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by lordm(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
hakym619:

Come, let me give 2 sure odds from now till 25th

It's year ending, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH SURE SIDE HUSTLES FOR A 8 AM - 4 PM WORKER.

JUST A SKILL THST WILL BENEFIT MẸ FININCIALLY NEXT YEAR.

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by lordm(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
hakym619:

It's year ending, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH SURE SIDE HUSTLES FOR A 8 AM - 4 PM WORKER.

JUST A SKILL THST WILL BENEFIT MẸ FININCIALLY NEXT YEAR.

Come, let me give you 2 sure odds from now till 25th
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by VULCAN(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
The OP is a paid agent.

Go through his posts supporting an evil govt.

Imports have dropped drastically.

Due to the collapse of the Naira.

There are trailers parked everywhere in Lagos gathering dust.

That's one of the physical signs that import activity has reduced.

Go ask any one who has a shop in any of the major markets.

Trailer volumes have dropped and prices have shot up due to reduced imports.

OP is trying to deceive the gullible that exports have increased.

They have not.

Imports have decreased.

Jackass

1 Like

Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by ottersberger(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
johnjose68:

As you are busy taking you FAKE hero beer, take time to read this, the lest discuss:

https://www.nairaland.com/7931471/obis-budget-2009-governors-office

In 2009, when Obi was the governor of Anambra state, his 2009 budget for Governor's office was higher than that of education and health combined.
Compare below his 2009 budget with that of Chimaraoke.
Should we discuss how, under your leadership, Anambra budgeted N5.8 billion and N5.3 billion for the Executive Governor's office in 2009 and 2008, respectively, while the total budget for education was just N2.8 billion?

The way Obi talks about health and education, you would think he spent a lot on capital expenditure for them
- Governor's office : ₦5.8B
- Edu: ₦2.8B
- Health: ₦1.5B
Compare this with
@ChimarokeNamani
2005 budget:
- Governor's Office: ₦1.4B
- Edu: ₦10.7B
- Health: ₦4.3B

You sure say you fit discuss with me?.
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by mctech(m): 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
This is a lie!

Why has the exchange rate not gone down?
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by eteebanky1: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Do you have local alternatives?

We produce Gas locally and it is sufficient, let us start from there first before Dangote start refining

The way the naira is going against the Dollar, Nigeria may collapse soon
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by rickleye: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
I don’t believe NBS for a second. These are the same people that talked about employment. That if you are employed for 5 secs . You are employed.
I’ll pass
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by linearity: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Yet Dollar outperforms Naira during the same period!😂

Does not make sense!
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Irony1: 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Artscollection:
They are stiffling consumer's purchasing power with their quack policies. You raised your dollar rate without increasing the minimum wage so it is normal that export with surpass import.

are you minding these liars. They keep thinking that they can fool Nigerians with their lies and propaganda. Propaganda no dey sell again
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Manpasman: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
So this dry fish export make sence
Re: NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months by Irony1: 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
Lanre1st:
This is a good news, but hope it is not a deceit propaganda.
it is a deceitful propaganda forget all the rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: APC Governors Are Solidly Behind Bola Tinubu And Shettima / Do You Know How 'well-Educated' I Am? (video) / Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.