Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,995 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

The Cruelty Of Most School Owners - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cruelty Of Most School Owners (23506 Views)

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Google Classroom Training For Teachers, School Owners And Parents / This Is For School Owners - Why Your School Needs A School Health Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Adebayofficial(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
Fellow Nairalanders,

I am writing this article with great pain in my heart. The unethical and abusive culture of the management of the school where I teach is second to none.

After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month.

This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.

Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me.

The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.

Need I say that he pays salary to any staff he likes at any time in the next month. He looks for every little mistake to deduct from the salary and the height of it is that today is the 5th of December, this man paid my colleagues for November, yesterday evening but left me out. I went to the principal's office to find out why this happened and the next thing the director and the principal did was to start investigating the exact colleague who told me about the November payment. Sometimes, it's as bad as trekking all the way from Mushin to Makoko area, Yaba in the morning and after work.

The Director has sacked more than 15 teachers in the past 2 years for no reason at all, even more than 20 teaching and non-teaching staff members had left the job due to his manipulative, greedy and harassing attitude.

I have a full report, ready to be submitted to all relevant authorities concerning the maltreatment of labour going on here.

Please advice me on what to do and kindly help me to get this to every concerned authorities.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2023
Notify Ministry of Education.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Rubyjade: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
You are a coward for not mentioning the nameof the school.
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,
I am writing this article with great pain in my heart. The unethical and abusive culture of the management of the school where I teach is second to none.
After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month. This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.
Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me. The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.
Need I say that he pays salary to any staff he likes at any time in the next month. He looks for every little mistake to deduct from the salary and the height of it is that today is the 5th of December, this man paid my colleagues for November, yesterday evening but left me out. I went to the principal's office to find out why this happened and the next thing the director and the principal did was to start investigating the exact colleague who told me about the November payment. Sometimes, it's as bad as trekking all the way from Mushin to Makoko area, Yaba in the morning and after work.
The Director has sacked more than 15 teachers in the past 2 years for no reason at all, even more than 20 teaching and non-teaching staff members had left the job due to his manipulative, greedy and harassing attitude.
I have a full report, ready to be submitted to all relevant authorities concerning the maltreatment of labour going on here.
Please advice me on what to do and kindly help me to get this to every concerned authorities.

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by We4all: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
Your post is ambiguous. Are you saying you haven't received your salary since March? If he paid 5K for extra lessons, then how much is your salary before he added 7K to it?

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Joseph099(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
Mention the name of the school. Or go report to the appropriate authority. Leave online , because there's no solution

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by soccerlite: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
You can teach hot cake subjects maths at both a level too and you stay tied down in one school

Spending 1200 as to

Haba

Your sch boss has hypnotised you, be delivered

166 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AgentGoat: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
soccerlite:

You can teach hot cake subjects maths at both a level too and you stay tied down in one school

Spending 1200 as to

Haba

Your sch boss has hypnotised you, be delivered

Leave him. To be smart dey hard many people.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AntiTerrorist: 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
Don't mind those who asked you to reveal the name of the school. This is not the right time to do so.

You are an hot cake but it's unfortunate you have not fully realize your worth.

My advice: endure till the end of the session and find a better school.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Prinzton(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,
After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month. This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.
Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me. The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.
If truly you take IGCSE Mathematics, then beam your search to the island as lesson averages #8k - 10k per hour/contact. Sign up with prep class for further connect ( though payment is lesser with strict vetting process). You can start acquainting yourself with A-levels mathematics.

Be SMART.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by sulakishop(m): 12:30am On Dec 06, 2023
Private schools...a neo yah000 trend

3 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by GreaterFuture(m): 3:58am On Dec 06, 2023
AKWATGOLD1:
Notify Ministry of Education.
You be wetin..
Is this comedy??

10 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by sunnymighty(m): 4:20am On Dec 06, 2023
Teachers also change schools during this period, start searching for better opportunities.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by UptownVibes(m): 5:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Baba didn't even mention how much he is paid. Seems you are paid a huge sum,for you to still be there. The part where they said they will slaughter you didn't register in your brain abi? No run for you life,dey use your life play

35 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by OKUCHI11(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2023
... the part where you said they will be looking for silly mistakes to deduct from the salary is very true... I taught as a part-time teacher here in DELTA STATE... for the meagre sum of 20 k ... after one month 5000 naira was deducted from my salary... when I inquired about the deduction...she made me to understand that there was a day my class was noisy and I really disciplined the children in a manner she isn't satisfied with... the last straw that broke the camels back was when a parent fought with me... for flogging her child...

instead of the school management to treat the issue in a fair manner... because I disciplined the child on the ground of him insulting me... but the school management said....

"THEY'LL RATHER LOSE A STAFF ... THAN TO LOSE A PARENT i.e customer...

na so I leave the school ooo...

I called them to pay me for the half month that I have worked... na so so story dem begin dey drop...

... TRUTH BE TOLD... ...all these mushroom private schools are really raising another generation of children based on the fact that they are in competition... especially the ones that claim to be churchy...

private school teacher are really suffering... especially those teaching the secondary schools... they'll overburden you with workloads... and they won't pay well... you will be given insults from the management; the parents and the students...

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Blitzking: 6:06am On Dec 06, 2023
You are yet to realise your worth...you can't be teaching further math and math and be collecting such meagre pay..the least you should earn monthly is 200k

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by tuzle(m): 7:38am On Dec 06, 2023
Omo some teachers use to suffer. U teach further math and u still allow urself to be harassed by the school. How can 5k be paid as lesson money even for igsce. Guy look for a better school and don't let one mumu school hold u down. God knows I can't take all this nonsense from anybody most especially if the income doesn't make sense.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by RepoMan007: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2023
My empathy changed into anger towards the OP at some point. Teaching is not the only job out there. Try something else.

19 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by CJStarz: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2023
For your mental health,RESIGN from that school. You'll find something else doing for survival, trust God.
Y'know,these shylock school proprietors maltreat their staff because they know there's no job in the country.
Create one for yourself.
A Maths teacher who knows his onion can never go hungry.
Home lessons will fetch you big money.

Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

11 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by duduade: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2023
Everyone up that has commented and shaded him haven't even helped his situation...

Teach him how to fish

Not all this bad bad mouth

11 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by ruggedtimi(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2023
Baba is a private school...Resign asap. All this ur ranting wont change the mind of the owner.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Pootle: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2023
c
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AntiChristian: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2023
You should look for other things to do!

That one no be job!

I Sabi Makoko area, Mushin and Yaba very well.

Take your time to figure it out!
What do you want to do?

You can stop the school lessons and start private lessons with the kids!

Just think out of the box with a variation of something similar!

And you can develop yourself to be able to apply in bigger schools!

10 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by money121(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2023
Ok
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by kestolove95(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2023
It's a profit oriented organization so no blame dem
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Mitsurugi(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2023
angry
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AskProf: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2023
We4all:
Your post is ambiguous. Are you saying you haven't received your salary since March? If he paid 5K for extra lessons, then how much is your salary before he added 7K to it?

Gbagam!

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by money121(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2023
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month.

This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.

Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me.

The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.

Resign and start online class
Cool money in that

We keep blaming government but na we worse pass

7 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Chibuzoripob: 10:28am On Dec 06, 2023
sad u trekking from Mushin to Yaba sad shocked? Ur 👞 don suffer. U better don't KILL YOURSELF sad. Simply write a note and insert in one/two of ur pupils book and tell them to give it to their parents. and tender your resignation letter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Houseontherock1: 10:28am On Dec 06, 2023
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

What to do is resign and start doing home lessons. As a maths teacher, you'll earn at least 90k if you teach 3 sets of children 2ce in a week for 2 hours per session. My son's chemistry and biology teacher takes 20k/subject but because he's teaching him both, he's taking 30k for the two... Wednesdays and Fridays 2hours each. The maths and further maths teacher takes same. 3ven primary school lesson teacher takes 15k for 4 hours in a week. You can teach for just 12 hours and earn more than what you earn now as far as parents see results. The other hours can be used towards developing yourself or doing other hustles

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Fatbam005: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2023
No joy in teaching in a private school with 25k salary. I had better drop my ego and learn shoe production and repair. I was there those children in the school are notorious for noise making and very troublesome . To cap it all they are blackheads and the teacher will be reprimanded if they fail.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by mobileboy: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2023
Teaching in Nigeria private primary and secondary is akin to slavery

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Law Graduate Dies In Accident 4 Days After Signing Out / Pictures Of World Miss University Nigeria / Joshua A. Erubami, DELSU Best Graduating Student Gets Automatic Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.