Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

The Cruelty Of Most School Owners - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cruelty Of Most School Owners (23518 Views)

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Google Classroom Training For Teachers, School Owners And Parents / This Is For School Owners - Why Your School Needs A School Health Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by UndilutedTruth1: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2023
In Naija's voice:

Èrè à wa Tíṣà ńbẹ lọ́run.

Teachers' reward is in heaven.

May God help us all.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by sotall(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2023
But dem no tie your yansh there na

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by AntiChristian: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2023
Like Cow.nu?
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Kasdat5(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2023
Give us their phone numbers let's shame them.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Pootle: 10:35am On Dec 06, 2023
soccerlite:

You can teach hot cake subjects maths at both a level too and you stay tied down in one school

Spending 1200 as to

Haba

Your sch boss has hypnotised you, be delivered

e fit be true o....them don tie em destiny for tree lipsrsealed

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by BOSMANARIS(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2023
duduade:
Everyone up that has commented and shaded him haven't even helped his situation...

Teach him how to fish

Not all this bad bad mouth

That's to show you how shallow minded people are.

Someone is seeking for help, intead they provide, they are adding insults to it.

My first question, is it easy to get job in Nigeria?
Second, if he leaves, what is he to depend on or will you be sending him money for survival?.

What most of guys just love to do is to stay behind keypad to type rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2023
Are you sure you have not being spiritually hypnotized to tie yourself down to the school.
MY ADVICE: Continue working at the school BUT be determined and make efforts to apply elsewhere ASAP. As soon as you get a new job, leave without giving the school any notice and more importantly, make sure non of your personal properties or items is left behind in that school. Leaving without giving them any notice might sound harsh and unethical, but in order not to be victim of any scrupulous or diabolical acts by the school owner who knows you are planning on leaving, it's better to just vanish without a trace from them. SHIKENA.

4 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2023
My dear, I feel your pain. I was a teacher in Nigeria before I resigned in 2019. It wasn't easy because of the salary and work environment. I won't blame them. We don't have good labor laws in Nigeria, especially for teachers. Just find online teaching jobs through LinkedIn and if you can teach English, get CELTA or TESOL. There are lots of schools in Asia and South America that might need your service

3 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by BOSMANARIS(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Are you sure you have not being spiritually hypnotized to tie yourself down to the school.
MY ADVICE: Continue working at the school BUT be determined and make efforts to apply elsewhere ASAP. As soon as you get a new job, leave without giving the school any notice and more importantly, make sure non of your personal properties or items is left behind in that school. Leaving without giving them any notice might sound harsh and unethical, but in order not to be victim of any scrupulous or diabolical acts by the school owner who knows you are planning on leaving, it's better to just vanish without a trace from them. SHIKENA.

First reasonable response I'm reading.

God bless
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Skillsnigeria: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2023
BOSMANARIS:

First reasonable response I'm reading.

God bless

You know the drill

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Gazemindset: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2023
The only advice I can give you sir is "Wisdom is profitable to lead"

Also, you need to work more on yourself maybe there are some certain things about your personality you are not telling us too.

Also, don't make mistake of leaving the school if you have not resume to another place. I mean that you have already started teaching in that new school. Don't let social media push you into depression.

God be with you.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by epainos: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2023
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I am writing this article with great pain in my heart. The unethical and abusive culture of the management of the school where I teach is second to none.

After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month.

This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.

Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me.

The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.

Need I say that he pays salary to any staff he likes at any time in the next month. He looks for every little mistake to deduct from the salary and the height of it is that today is the 5th of December, this man paid my colleagues for November, yesterday evening but left me out. I went to the principal's office to find out why this happened and the next thing the director and the principal did was to start investigating the exact colleague who told me about the November payment. Sometimes, it's as bad as trekking all the way from Mushin to Makoko area, Yaba in the morning and after work.

The Director has sacked more than 15 teachers in the past 2 years for no reason at all, even more than 20 teaching and non-teaching staff members had left the job due to his manipulative, greedy and harassing attitude.

I have a full report, ready to be submitted to all relevant authorities concerning the maltreatment of labour going on here.

Please advice me on what to do and kindly help me to get this to every concerned authorities.
Read the bolded part again, and this is exactly what I am going to do here.

If you are like every other Nigerian desperate to make money and become somebody whether via good or bad means, then, keep doing what many do. They look for opportunities, and they don't care what kind. They can go dirty after a long time. And they don't mind who they hurt or trample on to get something. So, if you don't mind this, then, go ahead and fight dirty with the school owner. There are many suggestions in this thread you can follow. Of course...expose him/her, report....blackmail, etc. Some are good strategies, while others aren't. So, it is your call to choose.

Unfortunately, you want readers to help you get to the concerned authorities because you want to fight dirty back. No wahala. If that is what you still want to go ahead to do, go ahead....and I wish you well. But whatever you "jam", take it and bear the consequences. Shikena.

However, if you will listen to me....the best revenge in life is to follow your purpose. Many in Nigeria have lost it...and cos of the reasons in the first option above (good or bad), they have deviated from their purpose. If you want to fulfil your purpose, you will have to cool it off. No matter how bad it is, with what you have expressed above, you can find a better means of feeding yourself.

Your goal is to find the means to live a peaceful life so you can talk to your inner self and discover yourself. Any means of income that is legal and ethical and can give you time to meditate well and then make progressive moves is what you should do. But you will need to cultivate patience and contentment first.

Good luck!

7 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Kobicove(m): 10:46am On Dec 06, 2023
Pease clarify the lesson fee, is it N5,000 for all the students per month or N5,000 per student for each month?

@Adebayofficial
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by ComeToJesus: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2023
Those subjects you teach, there's a middle east country i know, you get paid 45k/hour(naira equivalent) and you take 1.5 hours once a week in private tutorials(home service)

Think outside the box. Naija is the hell you read about.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Toktee(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2023
There's one private school here in Minna they don't allow teachers to bring in their phones but students used phones freely.

And students here are manner less, no atom of respect can be found in them.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Taich(m): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2023
AgentGoat:

Leave him. To be smart dey hard many people.

The fear of the unknown, most people send time in a non profitable and time wasting jobs because of fear. I believe if you are competent and deep down in your core you know you have what it takes to deliver, leave the school and look for something that you deserve. The cream will always rise to the top.

3 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by yemmit90: 10:53am On Dec 06, 2023
What is the purpose of this complain if I may ask. If you don't like how your employer is treating you, the first thing you do is to start looking for another job and leave.

You are a man, you should know what is good for yourself, why complaining when you have mental capacity to move to another school or take another job.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by nedekid: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2023
OKUCHI11:
... the part where you said they will be looking for silly mistakes to deduct from the salary is very true... I taught as a part-time teacher here in DELTA STATE... for the meagre sum of 20 k ... after one month 5000 naira was deducted from my salary... when I inquired about the deduction...she made me to understand that there was a day my class was noisy and I really disciplined the children in a manner she isn't satisfied with... the last straw that broke the camels back was when a parent fought with me... for flogging her child...

instead of the school management to treat the issue in a fair manner... because I disciplined the child on the ground of him insulting me... but the school management said....

"THEY'LL RATHER LOSE A STAFF ... THAN TO LOSE A PARENT i.e customer...

na so I leave the school ooo...

I called them to pay me for the half month that I have worked... na so so story dem begin dey drop...

... TRUTH BE TOLD... ...all these mushroom private schools are really raising another generation of children based on the fact that they are in competition... especially the ones that claim to be churchy...

private school teacher are really suffering... especially those teaching the secondary schools... they'll overburden you with workloads... and they won't pay well... you will be given insults from the management; the parents and the students...

You too. Henceforth, never discipline students. If you have issues with them, refer them to the principal or proprietors.
Teachers have ended up in jail for lot less.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by portplus: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2023
Dust your CV start job hunting ASAP.

Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I am writing this article with great pain in my heart. The unethical and abusive culture of the management of the school where I teach is second to none.

After a successful interview and negotiation with verbal promises of benefits on the job, I started this teaching job at a school located at Makoko Area, Yaba in March, 2023 but since then, no benefit has come forth rather the school owner, Mr. ***** negotiate the payment for extra school lesson with parents and paid me a meagre #5000/month.

This is a school where class teachers are not allowed to communicate with parents because of the school owners' dubious nature.

Sometimes in August, I approached the school to complain about the unfavourable work environment, and workload because I was teaching Mathematics and Further Mathematics for seniors, IGCSE Mathematics for seniors and Geography for seniors too but a meeting was scheduled immediately and I was harassed by the school owner who said it openly that "If dem born anybody well, make dem complain" and the school principal even issued a death threat to me saying that "He can slaughter anyone who wants to destroy his works" the anyone referring to me.

The paltry sum of #7,000 was later added to my salary. This is the same school where I spend an average of #1,200 on tfare daily and the school owner was aware of this from the beginning.

Need I say that he pays salary to any staff he likes at any time in the next month. He looks for every little mistake to deduct from the salary and the height of it is that today is the 5th of December, this man paid my colleagues for November, yesterday evening but left me out. I went to the principal's office to find out why this happened and the next thing the director and the principal did was to start investigating the exact colleague who told me about the November payment. Sometimes, it's as bad as trekking all the way from Mushin to Makoko area, Yaba in the morning and after work.

The Director has sacked more than 15 teachers in the past 2 years for no reason at all, even more than 20 teaching and non-teaching staff members had left the job due to his manipulative, greedy and harassing attitude.

I have a full report, ready to be submitted to all relevant authorities concerning the maltreatment of labour going on here.

Please advice me on what to do and kindly help me to get this to every concerned authorities.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by nedekid: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
It is not always advisable to leave without notice or leave with obvious grievance. What if tomorrow, for what ever reason, he needs references, or his past place of work needs verification?

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by nedekid: 11:13am On Dec 06, 2023
OP, the fact of life is that everyone pays his dues. You are starting yours, you pay your dues. That school is a stepping stone. To apply for work in a better place, you use this current school to show your past experience.
To start doing wahala ontop another man's business is not worth it. If you disagree with the place, leave peacefully.
See, lots of folks on this nairaland have the ability or connections to get you a better teaching offer, but the truth is that no sensible, experienced person will touch you. Why? like it or not, you will be considered as a wahala person. No place is perfect, even lekki British, Chrisland, Lagos preparatory etc, shoools where teachers are paid handsomely, some even go abroad in training. You will reach there and see something and decide to put it on social media or petition authorities, maybe start parapo, union with the staff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by ibro2much(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2023
Guy since you said you take mathematics,further math etc.
You need no one to enslave you.
You can start organizing lesson to student that needs to take jamb,GCE and WAEC.

I believe with that,you can set up something you can call yours and be free.

NB.
My personal friend does that and he is living fine.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by joseph1832(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2023
Adebayofficial:
Fellow Nairalanders,

what are you still doing there?

Why complain when you have the choice of resigning and telling the school owner to go fvck himself?

I don't blame the school owner for being an abusive asshole, I blame you, the OP for staying in such abusive and negative enviroment, even with being paid scraps for salary.

Bro. Leave that school. It's best you stay at home and have your dignity and respect intact, than work in such a toxic school and allow yourself to be taken advantage of. It's the truth, leave that school now.

Complaining on social media won't solve your problem.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by unwired4g: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2023
What course did you study. If you could teach Maths & Further Maths in a private secondary school, you should be able to do well in IT. You may start taking some IT courses and be on the look out for internship opportunities in IT firms.

2 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Easyincome24: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2023
Mathematics, Further Mathematics, IGCSE skilled teacher like you deserves more than this.

I think you also need personal development on how to market your skill.

In the interim, find an alternative especially as we are approaching the period of JAMB lectures.

You can as well, start a YouTube channel where you can teach a topic at a time. Problem solving skills are rare to wade off.

You have it already but you lack marketing yourself that's why you are stucked with the School.

You seemed to be afraid of doing away with the school. But the school can do away with you.

Think about my suggestion and follow it step by step. It may be hard in the beginning but you'll surely laugh when you succeed.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by MeineMutter: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2023
Obasanjo ki.lled our education system. Period.
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by TUTU147: 11:37am On Dec 06, 2023
That is why I and my wife left for good
Re: The Cruelty Of Most School Owners by Rajman45(m): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2023
Inside all this long story....the guy no talk how much the school de pay am.
It seems the salary is very attractive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of World Miss University Nigeria / Joshua A. Erubami, DELSU Best Graduating Student Gets Automatic Employment / Ambrose Alli University Law Graduate Dies In Accident 4 Days After Signing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.