Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- (257 Views)

FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag / Did El-rufai Post This? / Can El Rufai Get Upto 50 Million Votes In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- by SSFeedsNigeria: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
Someone called Nigeria a criminal organization and I felt bad. However, events that are happening in recent times have proven such damning assertions right. Just a few days ago, police authorities stated that anyone with huge amounts or assets they can’t prove how they amassed them, would be prosecuted. Even though I was skeptical about the police holistically carrying it out, I still felt it was a welcome development.

Moments later, news broke out that El Rufai, the diminutive former governor of Kaduna state has floated a start-up where he invested personal funds running into millions of dollars!

The question any sound mind should be asking now is, where did El Rufai get millions of dollars from? Did he win a lottery? Did he create anything that had investors from Silicon Valley pouring in heavy funds?

At least, we can easily verify El Rufai’s work history dating back to the time Obasanjo made him minister of FCT to the time he ruled Kaduna state for 8 years. How much did El Rufai earn during those years?

For someone to easily drop millions dollars for a startup, he most likely has other millions of dollars stacked elsewhere!

Can former governors in other countries, even developed ones like USA or UK throw millions of dollars around in such manner immediately after leaving office?

Does it mean that governors like El Rufai and others are at liberty to steal public funds as much as they want without institutions in Nigeria asking questions? It’s on record that Kaduna state is one of the most indebted states in Nigeria. Did this man help himself with borrowed money?

Can Nigeria ever develop with such massive corruption going on in high places?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- by RepoMan007: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
Great question.

Maybe his Arabic friends finally saw the need to replicate Lagos startups stories in a Muslim stronghold
...or...
He wants bright Christians(salt of the earth) to apply with ideas he can sell to the rice and beans of the earth(jihadists).
Re: Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- by Ballmer: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Same.place Pandora. Obi got the one he looted into his daughter Gabrielle Pandora account
SSFeedsNigeria:
Someone called Nigeria a criminal organization and I felt bad. However, events that are happening in recent times have proven such damning assertions right. Just a few days ago, police authorities stated that anyone with huge amounts or assets they can’t prove how they amassed them, would be prosecuted. Even though I was skeptical about the police holistically carrying it out, I still felt it was a welcome development.

Moments later, news broke out that El Rufai, the diminutive former governor of Kaduna state has floated a start-up where he invested personal funds running into millions of dollars!

The question any sound mind should be asking now is, where did El Rufai get millions of dollars from? Did he win a lottery? Did he create anything that had investors from Silicon Valley pouring in heavy funds?

At least, we can easily verify El Rufai’s work history dating back to the time Obasanjo made him minister of FCT to the time he ruled Kaduna state for 8 years. How much did El Rufai earn during those years?

For someone to easily drop millions dollars for a startup, he most likely has other millions of dollars stacked elsewhere!

Can former governors in other countries, even developed ones like USA or UK throw millions of dollars around in such manner immediately after leaving office?

Does it mean that governors like El Rufai and others are at liberty to steal public funds as much as they want without institutions in Nigeria asking questions? It’s on record that Kaduna state is one of the most indebted states in Nigeria. Did this man help himself with borrowed money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- by Raheeqilmaktoom: 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

1. It isnt a start-up as we call them here, its a VC.

2. The inner workings and framework (along with investors) in the VC is not out in the public, meaning everything is just conjectures and theories right now.

3. Mal. Nasir El-rufai I learned has worked privately for over 2 decades before his appointment by OBJ. He has contacts and associates along with experience needed to raise such money from people, without making noise (and believe me, there are Nigerians that can raise such amount within a month).

Given the above, nobody can say for sure the funds are proceeds of crime except people in authority.

Sometimes, its better to focus on whats clear than to bug your mind with what-ifs and hows over things you have absolutely no input or effect on.
Re: Criminal Organization: Where Did El Rufai Get Millions Of Dollars For His Start- by LegendHero(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2023
Maybe he invested Kaduna state money in the bank he has interest in and he is now spending the profit.

Also, it could be that while he was governor, he already had some of the state money stashed in Pandora offshore accounts and he is just simply spending it back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Guber: Supreme Court Fixes Jan 15 For Hearing / Rivers State Government Organized State Banquet For The Year 2024. / Obi Of Onitsha Is Great, He Should Encourage Others To Emulate Him -APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.