Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? (7826 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
wunmi590:

My fiance now my wife took me to her house, to show them her bobo..

So two jalopy was in their compound ( Peugeot 504, manual gear and Toyota camry 2000, automatic gear).

After some little discussion with me, father-law wanted to drop his friend home, so he called me to please help him to drive the Camry at the back, which is an automatic gear out, so that he can move the Peugeot, that man like that car like die..

Naso I no fit drive oooo...

He just called my wife from the kitchen to drive it out, that was how I got to know my wife knows how to drive both manual and automatic...

Immediately I got home, omo, I go learn automatic car, make the man no use me shine again πŸ˜€
this is so funny,na stubbornness I use learn.i go write my story later

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by vivalavida(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
Buying my car motivated me. Prior to buying it, I didn't know how to drive. I bought it and my younger brother was driving it alongside his own. It was that night that I bought it that I spent time on YouTube as a driver learner. I then proceeded to driving school. Used the period of waiting for my drivers license to attend driving school. And then I went to pick the car from my brothers place with a colleague. He drove. When we got to my area, he dropped and said oya do it now. I drove home.

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by wunmi590(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
this is so funny,na stubbornness I use learn.i go write my story later

Lol, write am πŸ˜†
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
This is a motivation for me. Have not started driving on the road, but i do park and re-park cars (both manual and Auto). But no liver to enter road yet, probably because I don't have the car.
wunmi590:

So two jalopy was in their compound ( Peugeot 504, manual gear and Toyota camry 2000, automatic gear).

After some little discussion with me, father-law wanted to drop his friend home, so he called me to please help him to drive the Camry at the back, which is an automatic gear out, so that he can move the Peugeot, that man like that car like die..

He just called my wife from the kitchen to drive it out, that was how I got to know my wife knows how to drive both manual and automatic...

Immediately I got home, omo, I go learn automatic car, make the man no use me shine again πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by LeeSantos(m): 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
Leant driving when I was still in ss1. My dad was always coming home very late a night when there is always hardly bike men working. And he would just trek the long distance home most times.

He drove the car out of the street and came down, told me to go over the drivers side, said this is gear stick, that is clutch, break and accelerator.

Step on that, shift the stick to 1. Release that gently and match the accelerator gently too.
And that was how I drove the car to his bank branch. Mennn the car off like twice just trying to enter express road. In his voice β€œ you must move this car oh or we all stay here πŸ˜‚ β€œ Omo I cause traffic jam, the hunk from the other vehicles were also terrifying and my legs were shaking

He owned a Nissan blue bird then, and that was the first car I learnt how to drive. And It took me just 1mins to learn how to drive.

4 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by jackaustin631: 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

I've been hearing scenarios of how people started learning about Rental Properties in Bahria Enclave, job testing ,travel amongst others. Kindly share your experiences with us.
Emergency Situations: Some individuals find themselves needing to learn to drive quickly due to unexpected emergencies. It could be a family situation, where suddenly being able to drive becomes a necessity for taking care of loved ones.

Job Requirements: Many people start learning to drive because their job requires it. Some professions demand the ability to drive, especially if the job involves travel or requires commuting to different locations.

Travel Convenience: The desire for more convenience in travel, whether for vacations or day-to-day activities, motivates some individuals to learn to drive. Having the flexibility to go where you want, when you want, is a common driving force.

Independence: Learning to drive is often associated with gaining independence. For young adults, getting a driver's license symbolizes a step towards greater autonomy and the ability to make personal choices about transportation.

Moving to a New Location: Relocating to an area with limited public transportation can be a strong motivator to learn how to drive. In suburban or rural areas, driving becomes almost essential for daily life.

Interest and Curiosity: Some people start learning to drive out of sheer interest or curiosity. They may not have an immediate need but want to acquire this skill for personal growth or to broaden their experiences.

Each person's experience with learning to drive is unique and often influenced by their individual circumstances and motivations. It's always interesting to hear the diverse stories that lead people to acquire this valuable skill.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by sukkot: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
i was 16 years old and this 13 year old in my neighborhood was already driving stick shift and getting all the girls. he happened to be my best friend at the time. dude was very handsome too. he was like the area oppressor. so i asked him to teach me. being driving stick shift since the age of 16. dude is in canada now.

4 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Olushylay1(f): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
My husband will drop his car and car key for me in house while he travels to Lagos for weeks.Am left at home with my baby boarding public transport up and down.
Thou he has been teaching me how to drive before we got married but I never had enough courage to drive the car alone on my own..
When I suffer finish for road side and public transport,
Nobody taught or told me to pick up the car key and started driving the car on my own.
I learnt how to reverse the car alone on the field..I never went to driving school because my husband was my weekend teacher and the car was always there for me to practice..
Funny enough,I learnt with a manual car.
Benz 190.
Thou I now drive a Toyota which is automatic.
I drove myself all through my pregnancy till 9months
By then,my big tummy will be touching the steering wheel already. cheesy
Will he even have the time to drive me to the hospital?? grin grin.

Now, I can drive anything driveable

3 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Olushylay1(f): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
My husband will drop his car and car key for me in house while he travels to Lagos for weeks.Am left at home with my baby boarding public transport up and down.
Thou he has been teaching me how to drive before we got married but I never had enough courage to drive the car alone on my own..
When I suffer finish for road side and public transport,
Nobody taught or told me to pick up the car key and started driving the car on my own.
I learnt how to reverse the car alone on the field..I never went to driving school because my husband was my weekend teacher and the car was always there for me to practice..
Funny enough,I learnt with a manual car.
Benz 190.
Thou I now drive a Toyota which is automatic.
I drove myself all through my pregnancy till 9months
By then,my big tummy will be touching the steering wheel already. cheesy
Will he even have the time to drive me to the hospital?? grin grin.

Now, I can drive any car driveable

2 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by campbelljosh(m): 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
I didn't learn how to drive tbvh, i always sit in the front seat of public transport and paid keen attention to how the drivers manoeuvre the car here and there, so when i had access to cars i put it into practice then zoooooom i go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Dotmanq: 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
I lost an opportunity not even long ago,few months back due to inability to drive. I immediately enroll myself with a friend whose father has a car. I can drive now though automatic.

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
campbelljosh:
I didn't learn how to drive tbvh, i always sit in the front seat of public transport and paid keen attention to how the drivers manoeuvre the car here and there, so when i had access to cars i put it into practice then zoooooom i go
How about the steering wheel control? didn't you have any challenge with it when trying to drive for some time?
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
I've just enrolled myself here in Enugu, at Okpara square. There are many vehicles used by training schools there to teach people how to drive
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by AJSfan: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
When I did bestman but the groom was the one driving me grin

4 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by 1Sharon(f): 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
Parallel parking is my issue.

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Expanse2020(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
I got motivated through the Transporter and Fast and furious..
✌️
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
I observed how people drive, and I also went to driving school, but still had fear in me, but when i had the oppurtunity to drive on a free road, with no teacher to scare me, and without other cars, that would make me worry about driving, i was able to learn how to reverse and drive without fear after concentrating on how the car works.

Automatic makes it so easy, and if not for our poor roads,there are self driving cars now. People with self driving cars are amazed how artificial intelligence can take over. smiley smiley cool
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by BigDawsNet: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

I've been hearing scenarios of how people started learning how to drive maybe due to emergencies, job testing ,travel amongst others. Kindly share your experiences with us.

It was a necessity... we hav cars in our compound so i believe its my duty to learn and start taking dem out
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Munzy14(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
wunmi590:

This one loud o...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Quite cute having a babe that can drive..Some movements will be like baby na me go drive go, na you go drive return.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Munzy14(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

I've been hearing scenarios of how people started learning how to drive maybe due to emergencies, job testing ,travel amongst others. Kindly share your experiences with us.
One thing will always motivate someone to drive.

But I intentionally didnt care about driving until I acquired mine in my name.

Before then all my younger one done dey drive..

Owning a car and learning how to drive happened same time because business demanded I own and learn to drive as well.

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by PAQ(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
As a kid i was never moved by driving. Mostly due to an accident i was involved in, so growing up i was always chauffeured.

As a young man, i took taxis (drop) or okada, when i bought my first car in Abuja, i didnt drive it until i sold it. Then Lagos happened to me! The Lagos transport system is a nightmare, i bought a car before renting an apartment. The car arrived on a Friday and from Monday i just got in and started driving with the aid/ moral of some friends.

Been driving and a car enthusiast ever since.

2 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by ehilove123(m): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Next year i will learn how to drive but nothing motivate me ooo, i think my car is around the corner

2 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by dominique(f): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
If you have more than one child and you want to move around with them with ease, that's more than enough motivation to learn how to drive if you have a car available

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by CalabarPikin: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
Road safety and Nigeria police

I just wan break one of them leg...those guys are annoying
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by nokspos: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
I was taking uber worth 50k per week that year, there was this uber guy that i constantly use. The last place I went, the project didn't work, and the guy charged me 30k for one trip because it was outside Lagos (ogun state precisely). I paid for a car the second day and I learnt how to drive it by myself on that same day. I just asked the car dealer, where is drive?, where is acceleration? ... and the rest was history.

When I told the uber guy that I've bought a car, you can feel the sadness in his face, he stopped doing uber and went back to his boutique business.

I drove the car out of the dealer's compound like a drunk man. Everything was wrong with my driving, i can accelerate from zero to 50 in 5 second then break immediately.... but because it was my car, i was ready to risk it all and damage the car if worse comes to worse, but i wasn't ready to pay one kobo to any uber again.

6years after, i'm still alive

2 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:
Driving isn’t fun. I like make dem Dey drive me around abeg.

This !!!
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Janeola: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
I bought a car without knowing how to drive. And so I hire drivers to drive me out and sometimes they disappointed me and so I will stand beside my car, with my car keys, looking at the car and checking the time till one day.....

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
If you have a sister or female relatives that is not disgracing you or your family online, you don't know what God has done for you. Go to tiktok, Facebook etc and you'll agree with us that the average Nigerian girl is nothing to write home about

ADD WIVES..

WIVES HAVE STARTED TWERKING TOO..

ALL NA CONTENT CREATION.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by rickleye: 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
fitinwell:
Nigeria poor economy strategy
With all the outnumbered Chartered Accountants in Nigeria.....

So many Doctors, Professors..

And yet the economy is still in shambles...

The Price of Food commodities is enough reasons to Drive me crazy..

I see what you did there …
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by rickleye: 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
nokspos:
I was taking uber worth 50k per week that year, there was this uber guy that i constantly use. The last place I went, the project didn't work, and the guy charged me 30k for one trip because it was outside Lagos (ogun state precisely). I paid for a car the second day and I learnt how to drive it by myself on that same day. I just asked the car dealer, where is drive?, where is acceleration? ... and the rest was history.

When I told the uber guy that I've bought a car, you can feel the sadness in his face, he stopped doing uber and went back to his boutique business.

I drove the car out of the dealer's compound like a drunk man. Everything was wrong with my driving, i can accelerate from zero to 50 in 5 second then break immediately.... but because it was my car, i was ready to risk it all and damage the car if worse comes to worse, but i wasn't ready to pay one kobo to any uber again.

6years after, i'm still alive

And that’s why I can’t drive on Nigerian roads . It’s who can. Drive the fastest to 100km . Don’t respect road lines or traffic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption These Photos Of Accidents Between German And Japanese/ Chinese Vehicles / I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice / Should Okada Be Banned In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.