Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? (7818 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by achimendy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

I've been hearing scenarios of how people started learning how to drive maybe due to emergencies, job testing ,travel amongst others. Kindly share your experiences with us.

No event, I just feel is a necessity.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Ibukune(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
Winter motivated me. Imagine trying to get a bus at -4 degrees.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Popeonah(m): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
Yahoo
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by wunmi590(m): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Munzy14:

This one loud o...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Quite cute having a babe that can drive..Some movements will be like baby na me go drive go, na you go drive return.

She likes driving ehn, she's used to it, my parent don't have car so it wasn't easy for me to drive...

On the other hand, they have both manual and automatic, so she was able to learn how to drive...

She's the one driving my small jalopy, my drivers licence has expired 5years, so anytime we are going out together where drivers licence will be required, she drives
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by wunmi590(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
EsvRotimiJubril:
This is a motivation for me. Have not started driving on the road, but i do park and re-park cars (both manual and Auto). But no liver to enter road yet, probably because I don't have the car.

Build the liver, find somebody that will give you his car, the person will sit beside you and you are good to go..

I don't know how to drive manual, my wife does, because I know manual car are gradually going extinct

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by fineboynl(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
I have this girl friend that always panic once I approached close to big motor. Trailer

She always beg not get closer and she they drive closer she so fearful.

She has phobia for big motors.

Do you think she can drive a car? Because she admit she cannot drive a car because of big motors on the road.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by GentuLion: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

I've been hearing scenarios of how people started learning how to drive maybe due to emergencies, job testing ,travel amongst others. Kindly share your experiences with us.

Wetin you gain if you Sabi drive but you no get car??

The question should be what motivated you to get your first car?

Anyway, to answer your question, It was on a Sunday and we were supposed to go for my younger sister's visiting day in her boarding school, we waited for hours before the man we was to drive us came, I really can't remember if he later came or not because I was already angry with myself for not knowing how to drive and I was with the car keys.

The following morning I called one of my friends, Lucky, I had to call him for motivation because the guy is fearless and full of courage! Na so my guy gimme ginger before I know he don show house, before I say jack na so I enter car before I open my eyes close I don start car na so I enter road ooh, major road for that matter!

In summary, I know say next year no go pass, I go buy my own car!

P.S.: I didn't even bother asking my dad for permission because I know he won't accept...Lol
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by 4gunners(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
wunmi590:

My fiance now my wife took me to her house, to show them her bobo..

So two jalopy was in their compound ( Peugeot 504, manual gear and Toyota camry 2000, automatic gear).

After some little discussion with me, father-law wanted to drop his friend home, so he called me to please help him to drive the Camry at the back, which is an automatic gear out, so that he can move the Peugeot, that man like that car like die..

Naso I no fit drive oooo...

He just called my wife from the kitchen to drive it out, that was how I got to know my wife knows how to drive both manual and automatic...

Immediately I got home, omo, I go learn automatic car, make the man no use me shine again πŸ˜€
grin grin
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Godsonkemz(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2023
Unemployment and emergency. Thank God I made the decision.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Munzy14(m): 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
wunmi590:

She likes driving ehn, she's used to it, my parent don't have car so it wasn't easy for me to drive...

On the other hand, they have both manual and automatic, so she was able to learn how to drive...

She's the one driving my small jalopy, my drivers licence has expired 5years, so anytime we are going out together where drivers licence will be required, she drives
Awnnnnnnnn

Thats cute!
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Btruth: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
My Uncle.....he loves driving then. Says driving was his hobby then. And truly, the man can drive for 12 hours non-stop. I admire his acts of driving. So, I copied every driving skills from him.....and to tell you, driving is my hobby. 😁😁😁
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Kingluqman(m): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
Angrigowt:
Stress of public transport. How I wish car dey use water as fuel. E for sweet.
I swear e for sweet. I NOR DEY MATCH MY THROTTLE ANYHOW OOO grin
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by mywells: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
There's a need to know how to drive no matter the situation, it's should be part of you,I was not having a job and the only money that is left with me is 100k,I look left and right what to do with the 100k,the next thing that came to my mind was a driving school, I went to the driving school paid 40k for 3weeks lessons, after the three weeks lessons I applied for drivers license with the three weeks lessons, deep down my mind am a driver but for my area no one knows am a driver, I applied for a job,when I went to interview I fukc up and they manage me for one month and I was 15k,I left that company and applied for another company, the fukc up I made at that first company I corrected it with the little experience I had at the first company with a manual car,but to God be the glory today am a proud owner of two car which I paid for on hired purchase, but twas not a smooth journey.

1 Like

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by femi4: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dogshow:
Good day nairalanders,

During the break, in the office....I was hungry and my colleague said he couldn't drive me to the canteen down the road, that I should collect key n go just to embarass me
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by whitemand4(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
nokspos:
I was taking uber worth 50k per week that year, there was this uber guy that i constantly use. The last place I went, the project didn't work, and the guy charged me 30k for one trip because it was outside Lagos (ogun state precisely). I paid for a car the second day and I learnt how to drive it by myself on that same day. I just asked the car dealer, where is drive?, where is acceleration? ... and the rest was history.

When I told the uber guy that I've bought a car, you can feel the sadness in his face, he stopped doing uber and went back to his boutique business.

I drove the car out of the dealer's compound like a drunk man. Everything was wrong with my driving, i can accelerate from zero to 50 in 5 second then break immediately.... but because it was my car, i was ready to risk it all and damage the car if worse comes to worse, but i wasn't ready to pay one kobo to any uber again.

6years after, i'm still alive

πŸ˜‚ Interesting
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by ofemigeorge(m): 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
A woman told me to take my dads key and drive his car out of the compound for her own car to come out and leave.

I could not drive so I went to open the gate awhile my olds man had to come down 3flooors too drive the car out.

The woman was horrified. Big boy like you can't drive and you allow your father to be doing all these she said.

Itss as if the floor should open. Thee following day I saw my self in richard driving school taking instructions

2 Likes

Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Edembasilprutus(m): 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
My boss always said
How I wish you can drive a car

Na next year plan sha
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:36am On Dec 08, 2023
ofemigeorge:
A woman told me to take my dads key and drive his car out of the compound for her own car to come out and leave.

I could not drive so I went to open the gate awhile my olds man had to come down 3flooors too drive the car out.

The woman was horrified. Big boy like you can't drive and you allow your father to be doing all these she said.

Itss as if the floor should open. Thee following day I saw my self in richard driving school taking instructions
This is very funny.
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by campbelljosh(m): 11:34am On Dec 08, 2023
Funny enough my hands are so straight on wheels and i can reverse, make a U-turn quite well.
Blessedarethepe:

How about the steering wheel control? didn't you have any challenge with it when trying to drive for some time?
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Blessedarethepe(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
campbelljosh:
Funny enough my hands are so straight on wheels and i can reverse, make a U-turn quite well.
wow........................bravo.....................
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by Requestmechanic: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
It was among the top things on my to do list..and for emergency
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by campbelljosh(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
Once someone is confident and always drive with caution, The road is yours!
Blessedarethepe:

wow........................bravo.....................
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2023
I will try it, thanks boss.
wunmi590:

Build the liver, find somebody that will give you his car, the person will sit beside you and you are good to go..

I don't know how to drive manual, my wife does, because I know manual car are gradually going extinct
Re: What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? by helleryjoe: 10:19am On Jan 09
About Minimal Mom: Simplifying Your Life encapsulates our dedication to streamlining and simplifying your daily routine. We at Minimal Mom are committed to providing practical and effective solutions to declutter, organize, and optimize your living space. Our mission is to offer hands-off home organization and event planning services, enabling you to reclaim time and energy for what truly matters to you. With a focus on simplicity and functionality, our team strives to create serene and orderly environments that align with your lifestyle. Event Planning Gilbert specializes in coordinating and organizing various events within the Gilbert area. Whether it's transforming your home into an organized haven or planning memorable events hassle-free, Minimal Mom aims to simplify your life by offering reliable, professional, and personalized services that bring ease and tranquility to your daily life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Automakers Struggle With Electric Vehicle Evolution / Should Okada Be Banned In Nigeria? / Russian President's Car Is The Real Bomb! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.