Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year (16421 Views)

Victor Osimhen Becomes 1st African Footballer To Win Golden Boot In Serie A / Crypto: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Footballer To Earn Crypto / Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Fearyourcreator: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
sad
LIONEL MESSI is the greatest of the greatest and the best of the best when it comes to football

Nobody born of a woman come close. What he does with football is unimaginable. He is a beauty to behold when he's on the pitch

Messi is god of soccer. Nobody comes close
Messi is not my goat... FIFA never called him goat
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by 007Marvel(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2023
boborosky:

Somehow, you think you are more clever than all the award organizers. Is Messi not an athlete? Or you are the one who doesn't understand basic English.

Envy is evil.

Sick of you to think I would envy someone that doesn't even know of my very existence! It's like envying Elon Musk! Yes Messi is a better footballer but not a better Athlete! It's more than being good at a particular sport!
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by kerry57: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2023
Judolisco:
u r calling d biggest magazine in d world jobbers in journalism.... Omo all dis pendu fans sef

Guy, think of the best anything in the world. There is always jobbers in their midst. It can be out of place to call them jobbers. Then dey there.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by sirchim(m): 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2023
Beuberry:
It's not an achievement. Na person first win ballon dor.
But him come win am WOTOWOTO pass the person way 1st win am🤔. No be OVERsabiNESS be dat😄?

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by sirchim(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2023
fabolouz1:
Nevertheless CR7 is the best footballer in history.
By being knocked out on the bench abi at the world cup abi?

2 Likes

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by boborosky(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
007Marvel:

Sick of you to think I would envy someone that doesn't even know of my very existence! It's like envying Elon Musk! Yes Messi is a better footballer but not a better Athlete! It's more than being good at a particular sport!

According to google, an athlete is a person who competes in one or more sports involving physical strength, speed, power, or endurance, this is just incase you skipped classes.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by ThierryJay: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
Time Mag rewarded him for winning the world cup in style and capping off an exceptional GOATed career with the ultimate prize.

Pendulums cannot relate, so they'd rather belittle whatever their desert lord cannot attain.

Messi is bliss cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Ijaya123: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2023
Congratulations to him.

Surprisingly, this will still not end the debate of who is the GOAT. People’s opinion are strongly divided in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by BENEAMATA: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2023
great is great . Never under rate .
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Beuberry(f): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
sirchim:
But him come win am WOTOWOTO pass the person way 1st win am🤔. No be OVERsabiNESS be dat😄?
No one is a champion for life. Enjoy while it last.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Beuberry(f): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
DanEmakoji:

Bad belle[color=#990000][/color]
Bad elle
Na sweet belle. I spoke fact
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Beuberry(f): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sillymoderators:

No go cook for your boyfriend dey here dey embarrass yourself.
Sharap!
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by IbileIfe: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2023
Whoever God has chosen to promote, no one else can demote.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by brightleave(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:

They should go to court
and claim their manhood grin. Though I doubt if anyone can break his record in this lifetime shocked
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Gajagojo: 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2023
If a footballer has never won it what value does it have?
Is the last year Messi's best ?yet he never son their shitty award
Is Time magazine still relevant?
When was the last Time You bought it?

The way I see it they are using Messi to stay relevant

Why would anyone buy Time Magazine in 2023?
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Faposky95: 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
ecolime:
Junior 🐐 really had a great 2023.

Probably his last gift before retirement.

when I first beheld his dazzle, I nicknamed him pikin'.....now I put God in front.
Thanks for making dreams come true
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by boborosky(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
007Marvel:

Messi is a better footballer no doubt! But saying he's a better Athlete than Ronaldo is way off the mark! You only need to fully understand what athlete means!

Stop advertising your ignorance online.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Sillymoderators: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
Beuberry:

Sharap!
To your simp boyfriend!
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Never4getU: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2023
AImiron:

source: DAILYSTARUK

That's what UK does better than any country. Even if u wake rashidi yekini from the dead and he's able to play in country, he would have emerged player of the universe
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Paracetamol01: 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
This short goat 🐐 again ?...is he just only person playing football ⚽
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by 007Marvel(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2023
boborosky:

Stop advertising your ignorance online.

You are just as ignorant as the person you are emulating
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by pennytration(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
sad
LIONEL MESSI is the greatest of the greatest and the best of the best when it comes to football

Nobody born of a woman come close. What he does with football is unimaginable. He is a beauty to behold when he's on the pitch

Messi is god of soccer. Nobody comes close
Yeah, nobody comes close in another universe where pele plays golf.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Honestfrend: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2023
barinedan:
Some fans at the other end will be in pains throughout the remaining days of the year

LOL u re very funny... What do u expect please?
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by TheSuperX(m): 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2023
My IDOLO, well deserved.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by gladdensir(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Mumu comment.

Mumu responder
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by gladdensir(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2023
enochogaga:

E PAIN AM grin grin

Go fvck yourself!
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Yinksy09(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2023
Congratulations to him.

Charge your device in no time from zero to 100 with the oraimo cord in no time.

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Sillymoderators: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2023
gladdensir:

Mumu responder
Mumu responder.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by Karnice600: 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2023
AImiron:

source: DAILYSTARUK

…and God blessed him and said “be fruitful and dominate the spheres of soccer like no man did or ever will.”

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by mayor1814: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2023
Leo Messi. Not only the best football player of all time BUT THE BEST ATHLETE OF ALL TIME. His closest competitors in that regard are Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali but Messi has towered above them.
Re: Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year by boborosky(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2023
007Marvel:

You are just as ignorant as the person you are emulating

I look at you and see the adverse effect of not having a dictionary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job / Video Of Professional Wrestling In Nigeria / LASU Wins African Students’ Union Football Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.