Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam (10858 Views)

Promotion Exam No More Yardstick For Progression In NSCDC, NIS – Tunji-ojo / Monguno: Ahmed Rufai's appointment In Order, He Never Failed Any Promotion Exam / Bauchi Uncovers 41,000 “ghost Workers” Out Of 101,000 Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Toosure70: 7:24am On Dec 06, 2023
Promotion should be reward for the work you done well not for the next level
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by ivandragon: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2023
It is surprising that up to 3k even passed. Funny thing is that at the end of the day, most of the 9k failures will get their promotion through the back door whole some of the successful 3k will be dropped.

The FG needs to sanitise the public service & one of the first things it needs to do is stop families & relations from working in the same Ministry/parastatal/office.

This is the second highest cause of indiscipline in the public service (first being external influences/godfatherism).

As a first step to sanitising the public service, stop the recruitment of relatives in the Public service & it will improve discipline & help professionalism.
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by AbdulhakeemIdris(m): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2023
Get a Job!
Maxymilliano:
Bunch of olodos

Why won't there be mass failure when the civil service is based on man-no+man and quota system arrangements

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Kingrshd3: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2023
Maxymilliano:
Bunch of olodos

Why won't there be mass failure when the civil service is based on man-no+man and quota system arrangements

God bless you ..

It's very hard for u to see someone that got a civil service job without man know man
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Icebreeze(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2023
don't mind them
If they are to be sack now they will tend to start blaming the govt
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Ojuntana: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2023
Hunger don dull their senses
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by membranus: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2023
Ledip:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 32 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJF8Q_6zE

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. one of the document below is my hospital file not a receipt. thanks and remain blessed

Stop posting these gory pictures on this platform day by day, month by month, year by year. Are you never tired of scam?

1 Like

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Blacktruth: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2023
Much expected
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Bliss52: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2023
cool

No be connection and slot they take get job
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2023
Not a big deal. Over 99% of Nigerian politicians will fail an elementary school's quantitative reasoning test, including the President and his Vice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by jojothaiv(m): 7:48am On Dec 06, 2023
Maxymilliano:
Bunch of olodos

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Lovenorth: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2023
They are better than a certificateforger
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by viodemus: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2023
people wey neva eat, almost always not sure if they will they will get paid, when dem reach house - bill collectors, little food, difficult transportation, etc.. or dem go dey think about corrupt practices to use face the next day.

If you go and look at their training, you will not be shocked that there was none, except for day 1 or week 1, location of everything training. the rest is normally internal, mostly, short cut or corrupt training.

Most times, Nigerian tests are really not to teach you, but to prove you wrong. That's how some of those test are sometimes formatted;

3 Likes

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by seunmsg(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2023
Maxymilliano:
Bunch of olodos

Majority of those that failed are from the SE.

1 Like

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by izubext007: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2023
These are the same people who keep shouting for the increase in minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Oizee(f): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2023
Puss360:
Lol... See people wey NLC dey go on strike make dem increase their salary for.... Lol
Oya NLC should protest for the dullards wey full civil service...
it's not like that sis, in my side anything 70 below was failure.
Back in those days even 45 pass mark would still be promoted but things changed this year
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by seunmsg(m): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2023
SoNature:
I am even surprised that some people passed. Public service jobs weren't designed to attract competitive people.

It's a place where a bunch of ne'er-do-wells come to work whenever they please, read newspapers and gist, look for ways to steal public funds and go home afterwards.

Smart Nigérians have no business working in public offices because it can only bring out the worst in you.

We have far more intelligent people in the federal public service than the private sector.

4 Likes

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Greenfusion: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Majority of them can't handle computer operations (CBT) when sitting for exam.. probably the cause of dia failure..

Government should mandate computer training for this service men and women atleast onces a month every two years
Very reasonable comment
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Wizuman: 8:03am On Dec 06, 2023
evil service.

Just get slot, and ur in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Maxymilliano(m): 8:07am On Dec 06, 2023
seunmsg:

Majority of those that failed are from the SE.
I wouldn't know that and I'm not from the SE
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Wizuman: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2023
AntiChristian:
I still think the civil service is more corrupt than the politicians! Why won't some fail?

Seom civil servants in Nigeria are the worst people u can encounter when u are trying to do any important thing.

Just pray u don't encounter the typical civil servant on such days

2 Likes

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by phorget(m): 8:07am On Dec 06, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
joyandfaith

Igbodicool

phorget

bigpicture001t

TINUBUISMAD

Chiefpriestt

Joy2dworldxyz

MadamVanessa

good post to hate nigeria

And why should I hate Nigeria? Castigating bad leaders is tantamount to hating my country, we all loved Yaradua and he was never from my tribe.
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by 1gbdata: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2023
But politicians adjust their salaries without any single exam.
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Ttipsy(f): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2023
They will still forge their way in again

Corrupt society
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by EbiJUNIRO(m): 8:12am On Dec 06, 2023
The Government is now facing the civil just because they asked for little increment of their wage. Not even much o... Like 10-15% and they want to scrutinize them.

Meanwhile, senate be complaining of not having access to copies of 2024 budget
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by Ttipsy(f): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2023
Wizuman:
Normal normal na olodo full evil service.

Just get slot, and ur in
lol how did you know
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by SoNature(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2023
seunmsg:

We have far more intelligent people in the federal public service than the private sector.

Intelligent, Indeed!!

I know that you have always been pro-government because you benefit from the system rot. However, you need to know the limits of what you should defend.

From banking to entertainment, manufacturing companies (FMCG, cement manufacturers, etc) to telecoms, oil and gas to real estate, the richest Nigerian companies fall into this category.

We have seen how lunatics in government managed NITEL, Nigerian Airways, Ajaokuta Steel Company and I can go on and on. The public sector is a disgrace to this country - thanks to people like you who use it as your cash cow.
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by ponishah: 8:13am On Dec 06, 2023
Puss360:
Lol... See people wey NLC dey go on strike make dem increase their salary for.... Lol
Oya NLC should protest for the dullards wey full civil service...
Has any political nominee ever passed national assembly screening?
No be take a bow and go?
That apart, federal character principle, quota system, slots, list, catchment area, grading of regions as educationally developed and less developed area etc have killed Nigeria.
Did anybody ever sit for employment test?
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by bnovative(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2023
Who is setting exams for politicians?
A lot of these civil servants fail because of lack of basic computer skill, not because they lack intelligence. If you are there insulting the civil servant because it makes you feel great, congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by NoToPile: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2023
seunmsg:

I saw that message and I laughed so hard.

I accept there are lazy people in the public sector but he is very wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by TINUBUISMAD: 8:21am On Dec 06, 2023
phorget:

And why should I hate Nigeria? Castigating bad leaders is tantamount to hating my country, we all loved Yaradua and he was never from my tribe.
Don't mind the useless zombie
Re: Over 9,000 Civil Servants Fail Promotion Exam by MrBroke(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2023
Had no idea you had to write an exam to get promoted. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows / A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s / 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.