Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle (300 Views)

Fix Our Vehicle Tracker & Get Free Auto Diagnostic Service On The Vehicle / VEHICLE INSPECTION: WE INSPECT THE CAR FOR YOU THOROUGHLY BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT / Fraud Awareness - Car Buyers - AuctionExport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by Adeshi: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2023
Few months ago, i decided to get my first ride but i only had 1.5m, i figured that won't get me a better car so i held on and continue saving, last month, my savings was a little over 2m and i decided it's time to get the car...

After thorough search, i finally saw a car i like and decided to go check it out. I could not rely on my little knowledge about cars so i called my trusted mechanic, someone that's like a brother to me, to check the vehicle for me.

We got there and i saw one or two things about the car that i didn't like buh my mechanic told me those things are small thing to fix that the car is a really good buy considering the price (1.8m) and the healthy condition of the engine car and ac.

Well, after much deliberation, he finally convinced me to pay for the car and i did (I'm not sure if he used juju for me or i just trusted him too much).

We concluded the transaction with the seller and left the seller's estate, we haven't even gone 6km before the car stopped, i started having worries there and i made it known to him. Again, he said this is normal that we should just get the vehicle to his workshop that he'll fix it and the car will be ready to roll in few hours.

Long story short, we towed the vehicle to his workshop that day and the guy took extra 200k from me trying to fix one thing or the other till i decided to take the car away from him last week.

I took it to a professional and i was told the car was a really bad buy, infact it was so worse that i was told even if i changed the engine to new one i still won't enjoy the car.

I just sold the car as nearly scrab yesterday. Now i have to start all over again, back to square one.

My Advice : DO not trust your "kazeem" mechanic to inspect a car for you, pay those guys that have scanners to inspect for you, that way, you have less chances of buying scrab for the price of new or tokunbo.

Modified : Apparently, the mechanic guy somehow made a deal with the seller when i was checking some part of the car and wasn't looking.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by MatrixReloaded: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2023
Adeshi:
I'm cmin back to share my experience
They will put you into buying it just to extort from you afterwards. They are just as cunning and evil as every other normal biz partners.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by Adeshi: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

They will put you into buying it just to extort from you afterwards. They are just as cunning and evil as every other normal biz partners.

Exactly what happened bro... I wouldn't buy that vehicle if i went dere alone, with the little knowledge i have about cars.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by VeryWickedGoat: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2023
Seller don code your Kazeem 50k if him deliver. Kazeem nor kuku wan make you outshine am with new ride.

Never use close friends for any major breakthroughs. Always use strangers.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by budaatum: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2023
Adeshi:

I could not rely on my little knowledge about cars so i called my trusted mechanic, someone that's like a brother to me, to check the vehicle for me.

So, you couldn't bother to increase your knowledge about your "brother to you trusted mechanic"?

My adopted son said no one was allowed to eat the acres of maize we'd planted because we planned to use it for animal feed. Then he took his friends to eat the maize behind my back, and arranged with others to eat my cows.

Guess there's a lesson for both of us somewhere to do with trust.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by sunnymighty(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
Was lucky with my own buy, Car was bought Tokunbo in 2020 by a Cooperative but the dude that was handling it for them to generate additional funds thoroughly abused the Car but the engine and the AC was still ok until I bought it through a mechanic that belongs to the same Cooperative. He assured me and It even got to the point of involving his Pastor grin that if eventually you made me buy a bad Car, you go Waka enter bush and you no go return grin. I eventually bought the Car a 2004 Toyota Camry in January last year, I didn't spent upto #150k on repair before my village people go convince me say make I do Uber. My brother when these guys wanted to ruin me, I collected my Car from them, long story short I am using it for private runs now, I don't want to die before my time.Car is in top shape after painting, the AC is top notch.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by Tapout(m): 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
My Advice : DO not trust your "kazeem" mechanic to inspect a car for you, pay those guys that have scanners to inspect for you, that way, you have less chances of buying scrab for the price of new or tokunbo.

Na here you jonse. In this 2023, you carried someone to go and inspect a car, he no carry scanner and you were not worried?? undecided undecided
You people have money to play with in this country.
Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by Adeshi: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Tapout:

Na here you jonse. In this 2023, you carried someone to go and inspect a car, he no carry scanner and you were not worried?? undecided undecided
You people have money to play with in this country.

Lesson learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: Potential Car Buyers : Do Not Let Your Mechanic Inspect The Vehicle by Nonso92(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2023
I learnt this lesson too last year. Sold my car for almost scrap. Didn't even get a chance to use it for 2 months.

(1) (Reply)

Direct Belgium 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 Fullest Option - Duty Paid - 18.8m / Extremely Clean Foreign Used Hyundai Sonata Limited 2015 / Honda Upgrade Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.