Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? (21247 Views)

How Does Management Skills Affect Employees Performance In The Banking Sector / How Can I Advance In My Career In The Banking Industry With A Biochem Degree? / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by airsaylongcome: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2023
reddingtonblack:

You havent post the proof, how are we suppose to learn,
i don't know about numbers but i believe the females easily climb high in the banking sector ahead of the males cos of their propensity to meet target

"propensity to meet target". Which target are we talking about? Deposit targets?

Meanwhile, see proof that in at least one bank, Female staff do not outnumber male staff. You will also see that for the more powerful senior roles (board members and Senior management) men by far outnumber women. So the "females easily climb high in the banking sector ahead of the males" where are they "climbing high" to?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by reddingtonblack: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2023
NOwazobia:
So we have only 8 banks in Nigeria, and the employees under these female CEOs are most females?

Na wa for you oooo...

Look at what you gave me as defense, and I guess you never thought it through before dropping it. undecided

Thanks for giving me that benefit of doubt i didnt think it thru

for onces i just wanted to be on the female side ... see what they reduce me to kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by pocohantas(f): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2023
Trojan8:

Simple stuff. I suggested Op do same, but he prefers to wallow in his world where everything goes. It is tiring seeing beer parlour talk with no basis.

Maybe I would have ignored if he had even typed something like 6:4. He said for every 10 bank workers, 8 are females. It is crazy.

He knows there are males on Nairaland who love this kinda agenda. You can see their comments already. Dude knows what he was cooking with this thread. Imagine a whole 8:2. Either his Maths is poor or his eyesight is the problem. Could be both sef. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by reddingtonblack: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

"propensity to meet target". Which target are we talking about? Deposit targets?

Yeah !! i was so fixated on the Marketing/deposit angle so much i missed a lot of things
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by jaxxy(m): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2023
ednut1:
i posted 4 other banks on page 3. No has more females than males. That is not facts🤣

Seeing it now I accept but not surprised. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by jaxxy(m): 10:03am On Dec 07, 2023
uuzba:

Well, somehow, men naturally don't like to feel disempowered in front of women.
They always want to have money and then approach women to impress the women.
If women are working in the bank, men will find money from anywhere and visit that bank so the women there approve of them.
Men won't like to have empty bank account and let the women workers fully see their whole account empty like that.
-
If you go and fill up the whole banking sector with only male workers, women will go there to beg or borrow and not pay back.
Other men will go and do "bros abeg", borrow out all the money and not pay back.
The bank will collapse shortly.

ok interesting social analysis bt where are u going with this?
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by prophetfire: 10:12am On Dec 07, 2023
bigpicture001:
this is so much as to the ratio of 8:2. this is a well paying sector of the economy and guyz also hustle for jobs and again there as much men as graduate as there are ladies..

...but why are our banks employee sex discrimination so high and alarming to the very unbalanced ratio...?

any reason people..?
You are terribly wrong. And even coming to the public space to write something that doesn't have any statistical backing.
You are wrong when you use real data.
This your 8:2 ratio, please where did you get it from?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by prophetfire: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2023
Offkey:
Igbo people and chest beating.kai🙄😂
What has this got to do with IGBOS and how do you know he's Igbo?
And where's the chest eating there?
This nairaland is just a land of demented tribal bigots.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Maj196(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2023
Farfalla:

How does an institution attract customers by hiring women?

Secondly, do you believe those crappy statistics?
Cuz I would rather transact with a beautiful woman with boobs and ass, than a ugly, boring and bony man. So here you have it
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Tallesty1(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2023
Which bank?

There's an equal number of male and female bankers, and sometimes there are more males. The only strange thing I've observed in First Bank is the consistent resemblance among female employees. Regardless of the branch or state, you'll find someone who looks like a person from a previous branch you visited
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by bigpicture001: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2023
prophetfire:
You are terribly wrong. And even coming to the public space to write something that doesn't have any statistical backing.
You are wrong when you use real data.
This your 8:2 ratio, please where did you get it from?

mayb u are an insider nd know more than the eyes can see...but ask 100% customers of banks, u will hear them say i am correct
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Aduke96: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2023
As a beautiful,and intelligent lady, I'm equally interested in working in the banking sector.
That my dream and unattainable goal this year .
Right now, I'm still hoping and praying for it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by bigpicture001: 11:09am On Dec 07, 2023
Odibembem:

Very wrong info. This is my industry and I have worked in so many banks. Males outnumber females in a ratio of 7:3 in many Nigerian banks. Maybe u are counting the tellers in d banking halls who just pay and receive money. Those are mainly outsourced contract staff. In most marketing teams u many not even find a single woman. Marketing is not about begging man to bring money, it's about convincing customers that u can help them push their transactions however complex they may be and men do that better than women. And d serious business men don't want Female relationship managers who would be attaching emotions to serious biz transactions, they prefer men who will treat their requests without beggi beggi sentiments hence most banks actually use men for the role of relationship managers. Female branch managers or regional managers are the exceptions not the rule

mayb u know something we outsiders dont know....u may b counting ppl they call core staffs, while we count the human beings we see inside the bank...what we know is if month comes to an end, everyone receive their wages, wear bank uniforms, represent the bank nd d o all the banks bidding..

by these ppl in the bank i repeat ratio is 8:2. i visit about 7 banks everyday..i mean every blessed day..cuz i run 4 very busy pos business...i know what i see,not what paper tells u..marketers are workers, tellers are workers if the are not then let the HOP do both his job and theirs..

the bank graded the workers for different reasons mainly to cut cost, but dat doesnt mk them not to b bank workers

so brother, i reapeat 8:2 is the ratio

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by 1TrippleCee: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2023
bigpicture001:

mayb u know something we outsiders dont know....u may b counting ppl they call core staffs, while we count the human beings we see inside the bank...what we know is if month comes to an end, everyone receive their wages, wear bank uniforms, represent the bank nd d o all the banks bidding..

by these ppl in the bank i repeat ratio is 8:2. i visit about 7 banks everyday..i mean every blessed day..cuz i run 4 very busy pos business...i know what i see,not what paper tells u..marketers are workers, tellers are workers if the are not then let the HOP do both his job and theirs..

the bank graded the workers for different reasons mainly to cut cost, but dat doesnt mk them not to b bank workers

Thank you o

Based on what we see in banking halls, it is atleast 7-3. We visit banks almost every now and then and it is based on this assessment is declared
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Farfalla(f): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2023
Maj196:
Cuz I would rather transact with a beautiful woman with boobs and ass, than a ugly, boring and bony man. So here you have it

Are men the only people who conduct bank transactions?
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by GreatOchuks: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2023
Offkey:
no mind me o.na cruise I dey catch.as I see"I can fully beat my chest"na wetin just come my mind grin cheesy
You are a bloody goat , for turning this beautiful thread into another Tribal shouting match ,, plz just shut that your "I de catch cruise " lie , you stink ..

Immature lots littering Nairaland , must everything degenerate into Yoruba v Igbo tribal slurs, gosh

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Offkey: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2023
nams77:

Just imagine what tribalism mixed with a healthy dose of foolishness has caused several Nigerian youth, especially the one on nairaland. To them every dissenting opinion is an Igbo person.
I worked with a bank years back and I know the statistics the op reeled out was incorrect, but daft like offkey will rather slide down the murky waters of tribalism than to read and educate himself. Shame on you offkey. I know you I'll call me Igbo too for criticising you. Ode.
I apologize.i was just joking around.🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by GreatOchuks: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2023
pocohantas:

We have brought out facts and numbers. At no point in banking has there been more females. Tell me the two banks and the year, I will go download their annual report and bring the gender ratio for that year NOW.

If you were indeed a banker in two top banks, you would also know where to get this information. Read through the thread and you will see the gender ratio for TOP banks. Even FBN with most coverage has a whoopings 61% to 39% of males to females. So which top bank did you work in that employs more females?

He actually worked for Oraimo Power Bank and River Bank PLC 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by pocohantas(f): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2023
Tallesty1:
Which bank?

There's an equal number of male and female bankers, and sometimes there are more males. The only strange thing I've observed in First Bank is the consistent resemblance among female employees. Regardless of the branch or state, you'll find someone who looks like a person from a previous branch you visited

Because they act and dress like civil servants and civil servants look alike. smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Chiefpriestt: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2023
Offkey:
Igbo people and chest beating.kai🙄😂
You be really mumu
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by pocohantas(f): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2023
bigpicture001:

Drop the name of the bank/7 branches you entered and saw only 2 MALE STAFF inside a whole banking hall. Meaning in the 7 branches you visited, only 14 staff are males. Please name of bank and branches. I want to confirm and help you cook this stew well. I will personally go to their Twitter page and drop the link to this thread.

You should thank your stars this is NL. Take this kind of allegation to Twitter, then you mention that bank and accuse them of gender discrimination with your full chest. I bet you and your POS business has more accurate data than the bank's annual report that is prepared by big4s and would be scrutinised by CBN and industry critics. #claps

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by GreatOchuks: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
The topic is highly incorrect....

However Bank work doesn't appeal to many Guys because it warrants one sitting for hours and doing same boring routine daily ,, Men love to be adventurous, able to move around and be freer , unlike Females who due to Natural features of Child bearing and being Moms will prefer a fixated job where the salary is sure and can combine with their wifely roles ..

It's the main reason why in Legal Practice, Men dominate the actual private practice, own and run Law while the Women prefer switching to the Bench to become Magistrates, be in the Ministry of Justice or become a Secretary in a Company.

However like I said earlier, the assertion is untrue
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Maj196(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Farfalla:

Are men the only people who make bank transactions?
No, but most of the wealth in the country is controlled by men. Go figure
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by bigpicture001: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
pocohantas:

Drop the name of the bank/7 branches you entered and saw only 2 MALE STAFF inside a whole banking hall. Meaning in the 7 branches you visited, only 14 staff are males. Please name of bank and branches. I want to confirm and help you cook this stew well. I will personally go to their Twitter page and drop the link to this thread.

You should thank your stars this is NL. Take this kind of allegation to Twitter, then you mention that bank and accuse them of gender discrimination with your full chest. I bet you and your POS business has more accurate data than the bank's annual report that is prepared by big4s and would be scrutinised by CBN and industry critics. #claps

firstbank Asaba, Nnebuisi road ...aside the security only 2 males work there, i raised the observation issue with them..nd we all laffed over it and tgey even informed me even the manager and HOP are female
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by pocohantas(f): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
bigpicture001:

firstbank Asaba, Nnebuisi road ...aside the security only 2 males work there

Remaining 6.
You said you visit 7 banks everyday.

By the way, attached is FBN's report. Outsourced staff were covered and men are still leading.

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Countersam(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Farfalla:

How are female customers lured by the sexiness of another woman? Plus, isn't marketing (which you claim is prone to oloshoism) just one of the many departments in a bank? Why would customers care whether a bank's Internal Auditor or Operations Manager is a sexy woman?

Internal auditor and operations staff hardly go out. I am referring to their marketers. They are the ones that attract most of the bank's customers especially high networth customers.
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Farfalla(f): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
Maj196:
No, but most of the wealth in the country is controlled by men. Go figure

There's nothing to figure.
Both men and women possess bank accounts, so I don't understand why you believe female bank employees are hired based on their sexiness. Do these men who supposedly control the wealth of the country interact anywhere with a female employee in the Supply Chain Management department?

A former banker on this thread has already talked about the rigorous recruitment process of hiring bank employees, yet some of you still think it's about looks?

Statistics also indicate that there are more male than female employees in banks, so your argument is invalid.
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Farfalla(f): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2023
Countersam:

Internal auditor and operations staff hardly go out. I am referring to their marketers. They are the ones that attract most of the bank's customers especially high networth customers.

Bank customers are attracted to the products offered by the bank. Client-friendly bank policies will attract and retain customers.

It's not complicated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Arizoner: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

And you think men don't go to any length to get wealthy female and male clients?

Nothing you think that women do unethically is not done by men. The difference is that men don't talk about their sulttiness and they don't scream it condemning it about like the moral police they play at being.
how many male sluts do you know
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Countersam(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
Farfalla:

Bank customers are attracted to the products offered by the bank. Client-friendly bank policies will attract and retain customers.

It's not complicated.

This your assertion is right and that seems to be the developing norm presently. But Before now banks depended on their marketers especially the marketers in public sector which includes majorly government and it's agencies (fed, state and local) and oil companies.
Those enticing policies have to be marketed by these marketers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Arizoner: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Odibembem:

Very wrong info. This is my industry and I have worked in so many banks. Males outnumber females in a ratio of 7:3 in many Nigerian banks. Maybe u are counting the tellers in d banking halls who just pay and receive money. Those are mainly outsourced contract staff. In most marketing teams u many not even find a single woman. Marketing is not about begging man to bring money, it's about convincing customers that u can help them push their transactions however complex they may be and men do that better than women. And d serious business men don't want Female relationship managers who would be attaching emotions to serious biz transactions, they prefer men who will treat their requests without beggi beggi sentiments hence most banks actually use men for the role of relationship managers. Female branch managers or regional managers are the exceptions not the rule
I would like to know the the kind of roles contract staffs perform in banks? I used to think they work as office assistants
Re: Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...? by Tallesty1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
pocohantas:

Because they act and dress like civil servants and civil servants look alike. smiley
Oh, okay. That explains why it happens in first bank but it doesn't explains why it happens only in first bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Job In Oil And Gas Company? / What Is Difference Between Resignation And Retirement? / Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.