Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business (23211 Views)

Emmanuel Chigozie Eze: P&G Head Of Sales Spent Firm’s N20m On Online Betting / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / P&G To Shut Down $300 Million Nigeria Production Plant, A Year After Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Donake:
Is there any country not hosting foreign companies? China hosts apple manufacturing company where labour is cheaper yet they haven't left for their inconsistent policies,why would P&G,GSK suddenly leave and you are here talking like a drunken fool about they are concerned about dollar?. Which business do you run currently that is into Fast commodity goods? Is it not gbegiri ati ewedu that you pound daily thinking you are into manufacturing or packaging?

you dont understand....if you motivate this greedy foreighn basstards to stay,they will be chargin you the same price like abroad....you in nigeria will not be able to afford it....at the end na fg will have to subsidies it for you....

its a trick....they are after your gold reserves....
if they cant manufacture in nigeria,then they should leave....others will take over....

dont excuse them....

they tried the same thing with india too....india just did laws soo that local manufacturers can copy what they produce....nigeria should do the same thing like india did....

dont let them scare you off your little money....

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
criuze:

All this epistles just to tell me how badly it hurts

May God help you child of God

how dare you insult me.... angry angry
you think i give a shitt about all una white religion blablas....?? angry angry

dont insult me....!! angry angry
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Difrent: 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jokerman:
1. If P&G leaves, means many people will lose their jobs?? Na wa o

2. What about their products, hope price won't increase again o?

God help us... And local companies don't have capital to start...

Make I go learn importation business o

P&G had this coming looong ago because of the way they operate using dollars to pay workers in Nigeria and their naivety about the Nigerian business environment that made them lost lots of money to corruption by their staff and suppliers.....they ran that company aground due to corruption.
Another mistake I think they made was the pampers factory built in ota....at a time Huggies and Molfix have pushed pampers out of the market
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

i will not shut up....

anybody that is not happy with the way things are in nigeria should leave....

you included....

Shut up
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Difrent:

P&G had this coming looong ago because of the way they operate using dollars to pay workers in Nigeria and their naivety about the Nigerian business environment that made them lost lots of money to corruption by their staff and suppliers.....they ran that company aground due to corruption.
Another mistake I think they made was the pampers factory built in ota....at a time Huggies and Molfix have pushed pampers out of the market

they paid workers in dollars in nigeria....??

thats stvpid....
you dont generate dollars in nigeria and you are payin your workers in dollars in nigeria....??

were they payin their nigerian workers in dollars....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Difrent: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

they paid workers in dollars in nigeria....??

thats stvpid....
you dont generate dollars in nigeria and you are payin your workers in dollars in nigeria....??

were they payin their nigerian workers in dollars....

This is a direct quote from their statement
"The Chief Financial Officer of the group Andre Schulten stated this during his presentation at the Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference.

The company explained that it is difficult to do business in Nigeria as a dollar-denominated organisation and the macroeconomic reality in Nigeria is responsible for its latest strategic decision"
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by fxexperts: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dsimmer:

Will you keep quiet?

Why come to the country to come and import? Na craze?
Because you guys do not know how to do anything in that shithole.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
fxexperts:

but the shitthole is still good enough to come and get dollars....

we don hear....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
Difrent:

This is a direct quote from their statement
"The Chief Financial Officer of the group Andre Schulten stated this during his presentation at the Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference.

The company explained that it is difficult to do business in Nigeria as a dollar-denominated organisation and the macroeconomic reality in Nigeria is responsible for its latest strategic decision"

imagine....now the truth is comin out....

i bet you,they were not payin their nigerian workers in dollars....

the question now is,who were they hirin and payin salaries in dollars....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Vadese1: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Just seven months. Tinubu has destroyed everything. Ifvwecare economical with the truth, we should regards Buhari as saint compare to this old drug addict
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
Vadese1:
Just seven months. Tinubu has destroyed everything. Ifvwecare economical with the truth, we should regards Buhari as saint compare to this old drug addict

soo quick....??

seven months....

look,we will vote tinubu again and their is nothing people like you can do about it....
you can go to court again....we are fair....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Dsimmer: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
fxexperts:

Na craze dey worry you. No clown should come and compound our problem for us. Why come to the country to come and import?
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by porthouse7(f): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
LadyRosa2:

Ode!
oponu
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by porthouse7(f): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
Irony1:
senseless comment from you as usual.
oponu
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by YourGFsnatcher: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

you cant scare us with sanctions no more....

then we do business with only nations that you santioned too....
Eyaaaaaaaaa
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by criuze(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

how dare you insult me.... angry angry
you think i give a shitt about all una white religion blablas....?? angry angry

dont insult me....!! angry angry

Love more

You're a priceless creature
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by sweetgala(m): 4:59am On Dec 08, 2023
Ozommadu:

Lol, na only me dey buy rice #50k abi fuel #680?? You can never use your senses, no be like this you take vote and defend buhari for 8 wasted years?

What does that have to do with anything. We've been buying at ridiculous prices before he came unless you want him to enter the five fields in the north strike the ground with a staff like Moses and command rice to grow within one week then command it to reach the market magic.

The isries behind food production and high prices is beyond inflation or FX it has element of logistics, security,financing etc CBN has come out of the latter after many years of anchor borrowers thankfully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by sweetgala(m): 5:00am On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:
so the one Tinubu sold to you is good abi. Stop this demonstration of stupidity abeg.

What did he sell to me, you're not making sense

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 6:23am On Dec 08, 2023
sweetgala:

What did he sell to me, you're not making sense

Dude don't gaslight me. You said Peter Obi sold us a fake story, so in response I asked you the One Tinubu sold to you that made you vote him is good abi!!!! Look just go and rest gaslighting doesn't work on me.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by sweetgala(m): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:

Dude don't gaslight me. You said Peter Obi sold us a fake story, so in response I asked you the One Tinubu sold to you that made you vote him is good abi!!!! Look just go and rest gaslighting doesn't work on me.

Did I tell you I voted for Tinubu ! Your sensibilities never caused you to reason that Tinubu and Obi could be equal liars.

You're the one gaslighting here, you can't make an arrangement on the basis of facts.

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 6:52am On Dec 08, 2023
sweetgala:

Did I tell you I voted for Tinubu ! Your sensibilities never caused you to reason that Tinubu and Obi could be equal liars.

You're the one gaslighting here, you can't make an arrangement on the basis of facts.

Oga Park well jare. Stop pretending, I saw PO as a governor so I know he is no liar.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Ozommadu: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2023
sweetgala:

What does that have to do with anything. We've been buying at ridiculous prices before he came unless you want him to enter the five fields in the north strike the ground with a staff like Moses and command rice to grow within one week then command it to reach the market magic.

The isries behind food production and high prices is beyond inflation or FX it has element of logistics, security,financing etc CBN has come out of the latter after many years of anchor borrowers thankfully

So you didn't know all these when you were occupying Ojota in 2012??

Jonathan removed fuel subsidy and fuel was selling #145 but all hell was let loose, now tinubu is there and fuel is selling @680 and you suddenly realise nobody is a magician...aren't you deceitful??
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by sweetgala(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ozommadu:

So you didn't know all these when you were occupying Ojota in 2012??

Jonathan removed fuel subsidy and fuel was selling #145 but all hell was let loose, now tinubu is there and fuel is selling @680 and you suddenly realise nobody is a magician...aren't you deceitful??

Jonathan wrecked the economy with his policies and NOI's IMF style policies without restraint.

Buhari reversed it recklessly without restraint too thanks to Emefiele, Adiza & all his phsycophantic advisers. I'll wait and see where Tinubu wants to place his policies but to suggest that the slide has only been since this new administration is totally deceitful.

Jonathan removed the subsidy on new year's day without prior adequate notification most people. That January was the first time 98% of the population knew that there was something called subsidy or that Nigeria even paid a subsidy on PMS and Diesel, since then diesel subsidy was removed before this recent PMS removal
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by fxexperts: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dsimmer:

Na craze dey worry you. No clown should come and compound our problem for us. Why come to the country to come and import?
Your foolishness knows no bound. you lots cannot produce anything, even import you cannot do. maybe you want your people to die of hunger.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by codemaniacs: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
VULCAN:
As I read the bolded, I knew I was reading something written by an unenlightened fellow who believes he is always right.

Someone said the purchasing power has taken a hit and your response was No, it's the naira's exchange rate that has taken a hit.

Can someone come and explain to this chap that a collapsed exchange rate in an import dependent country automatically divides the purchasing power of it's citizens as the prices of goods will skyrocket.

I would understand if it was a 10yr old I had to explain that to.

Pls someone should help me put this fellow through as I don't think I can make it even easier to understand.

[/b]
Dharmiejoe:
why are you contradicting yourself. In a dollarized economy where the naira is depreciating against dollar, the prices of goods and services will go up this reduces the purchasing power of nigerians. Simple!!
Like I told nedu666 It has to do with exchange rate.

They said Nigeria is a $50m net sales country which means when they convert their sales to dollars they get $50m in 2022/2023 which means they make around N60b in sales.

Exchange rate for $$ in 2023 is around N900 - N1200 per dollar

Now divide N60b by N1200 you will get around $50m.

But in 2014 - 2015 the exchange rate for $$ was around N180 - N200.
So Let's assume they were still making N60billion in sales in 2014-2015.

Now divide the same N60b by N200 you will get around $300m.

So they went from making at least $300m per year in 2014 to making $50m per year in 2023.

If you were the owner of the company won't you close your operations.

So like I said it has nothing to do with Nigerians purchasing power. The exchange rate has hit companies that repatriate foreign funds to their parent companies badly or even worstly.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by fxexperts: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

but the shitthole is still good enough to come and get dollars....

we don hear....
If they live you guys alone in the shithole. you all will starve to death. because you are all lazy in that shithole.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by fxexperts: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
Dsimmer:

Because your people do not know how to do alone in that shithole. import you all do not know how to. produce you still do not know how to, what kind of multidimensional laziness is this self?
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by grandstar(m): 1:05am On Dec 11, 2023
tsdarkside:

nonesense....abandon the western payment system....
brics is a altenative....concentrate on that....

Anyone with a poor understanding of economics will support BRICS.

The Brazilian economy is stuck in a rut. The Russian Rouble has fallen in value from $1-50 roubles last year to 92 roubles today. India is still a poor nation. China's economy is experiencing a downturn and the Yuan isn't convertible. There is a limit of $50,000 one can take out of the country. South Africa's economy, with 12 hour blackout is in a mess.

These economies when combined do not add up to the American economy.

That is why the Dollar is still king.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 1:15am On Dec 11, 2023
grandstar:

Anyone with a poor understanding of economics will support BRICS.

The Brazilian economy is stuck in a rut. The Russian Rouble has fallen in value from $1-50 roubles last year to 92 roubles today. India is still a poor nation. China's economy is experiencing a downturn and the Yuan isn't convertible. There is a limit of $50,000 one can take out of the country. South Africa's economy, with 12 hour blackout is in a mess.

These economies when combined do not add up to the American economy.

That is why the Dollar is still king.

you do know china is concentratin on gatherin gold and not dollars,right....??

better stop listenin to western propaganda....russia is not doing bad....china is not doing bad neither....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by grandstar(m): 1:21am On Dec 11, 2023
tsdarkside:

you do know china is concentratin on gatherin gold and not dollars,right....??

better stop listenin to western propaganda....russia is not doing bad....china is not doing bad neither....

Who is listening to Western propaganda? As long as there are capital controls in China, people will treat it with caution.

How do you know Russia is not doing bad neither? That is wishful thinking. It is like telling me that that 25kg dumbbells fell on your toe and it did not hurt you. The depreciating Rouble is evidence that its economy is hurting

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 2:10am On Dec 11, 2023
grandstar:

Who is listening to Western propaganda? As long as there are capital controls in China, people will treat it with caution.

How do you know Russia is not doing bad neither? That is wishful thinking. It is like telling me that that 25kg dumbbells fell on your toe and it did not hurt you. The depreciating Rouble is evidence that its economy is hurting

bros....listen to the other sides too....
chinese are doing videos,russians are doing videos,indians are doing videos,nigerians are doing videos....

dont get informations only from western medias....

thinkin how a nation is doing is dependent on exchange rate to dollars is makin it look too simple....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Bans Dollar Charges On Domestic Transactions / Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window / CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.