Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 (42681 Views)

Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:57am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
id!ot when your brain cannot read to make sense, what I quoted was with a focus with Lagos, and my quote was with a focus in Lagos....but your anus runs through your mouth so you can't even reason well.....and over further stated that if checked all the votes gotten from the entire SW will be morw from Yorubas than igbos living in the SW. but from your ass leaking mind you believe only igbos in Lagos voted for obi in Lagos or the entire SW.....and your idiot sense still dey ask stupid question 🙄

Moooron, whether you focused or you discussed. The question is still relevant based on your claim.

Question: Was your approach an intelligent way to show, or does it prove, Yorubas voted massively for Peter Obi?

Now the moooron, despite data available, still claims "if checked all the votes gotten from the entire SW will be morw from Yorubas than igbos living in the SW". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When una dey do useless guy-guy for secondary school and una no take book seriously, una no know say it would affect you and your future. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 2:12am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Moooron, whether you focused or you discussed. The question is still relevant based on your claim.

Question: Was your approach an intelligent way to show, or does it prove, Yorubas voted massively for Peter Obi?

Now the moooron, despite data available, still claims "if checked all the votes gotten from the entire SW will be morw from Yorubas than igbos living in the SW". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When una dey do useless guy-guy for secondary school and una no take book seriously, una no know say it would affect you and your future. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
so if Yorubas did not vote massively for obi in Lagos tell us what happened during the governorship? Let's assume it was only igbos that voted obi during presidential what happened during governorship cause id!ots like you kept shouting how you will take over Lagos and sack our Obas when you take over the state....so tell me what now happened? Id!ot.....
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by lawani: 3:14am On Dec 09, 2023
The Yoruba population in Nigeria will be around seventy million excluding some Afemmai, Nupe, Ebira and others who speak Yoruba as a second language and have been doing so for centuries abd excluding Itsekiri and Aniocha North. Igbo is a maximum of 35 million in SE and SS. Therefore the rate of travelling of both groups are the same in most countries but wrong population figures in Nigeria is the cause of the confusion. Any city on Earth where population census is not or can not be rigged will see the population of Nigerian Yoruba to be around double of the Igbo population
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 3:48am On Dec 09, 2023
Yomit71:

3rd class countries you mean wink

East Asian countries are third class?

Some of you reason through your anus!

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 3:53am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

It was obviously Igbo-lokan and he seemed the cleanest candidate.

His IQ is not sufficient for the task though, considering Nigeria's dire economic situation. The man is very mediocre at best!

[/b]

I know your previous moniker, so I wonder why you changed to this one.

That said, you supported Buhari in 2011, 2015 and 2019. Your darling Tinubu supported and campaigned for Buhari during the last eight years. So, how come you believe Tinubu would be better off or has this seemingly high IQ to steer Nigeria on the right path? Does your conscience not prick you considering your previous decisions? You claim to have a high IQ, so what did you see in Buhari?

I am genuinely curious.

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Yusufugambo(m): 5:38am On Dec 09, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
As reported by the US Census Bureau:

Yoruba: 207,252
Akan: 149,510
Igbo: 117,118
Fulani: 28,100
Wolof: 25,529

Source:
https://data.census.gov/mdat/#
/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2022&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP

Thank God Hausa is not among the Languages. North for say na dem get US
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Nero2424: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
As reported by the US Census Bureau:

Yoruba: 207,252
Akan: 149,510
Igbo: 117,118
Fulani: 28,100
Wolof: 25,529

Source:
https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2022&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP

A lot of other tribes from Nigeria can speak yoruba thats the reason you can see that high yoruba language numbers.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Usenokpevbo: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2023
lawani:
The Yoruba population in Nigeria will be around seventy million excluding some Afemmai, Nupe, Ebira and others who speak Yoruba as a second language and have been doing so for centuries abd excluding Itsekiri and Aniocha North. Igbo is a maximum of 35 million in SE and SS. Therefore the rate of travelling of both groups are the same in most countries but wrong population figures in Nigeria is the cause of the confusion. Any city on Earth where population census is not or can not be rigged will see the population of Nigerian Yoruba to be around double of the Igbo population
There is no where that has been from 1921 the population of the Igbos has always been more than that of the Yorubas, the Yoruba only seem to have more people in the Uk, USA,Canada. In Europe, the Igbo and Edos collectively knock them out. Yoruba can’t be more than 40 million in Nigeria. Don’t let the population of Lagos deceive you. Yorubas don’t make up to 40% of the population of Lagos state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Tito24: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Pristine664:

What I understand when they say Yorubas don't travel is... "Yorubas don't constitute nuisance wherever they are" cool
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 na you get am alaye
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by lawani: 8:34am On Dec 09, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
There is no where that has been from 1921 the population of the Igbos has always been more than that of the Yorubas, the Yoruba only seem to have more people in the Uk, USA,Canada. In Europe, the Igbo and Edos collectively knock them out. Yoruba can’t be more than 40 million in Nigeria. Don’t let the population of Lagos deceive you. Yorubas don’t make up to 40% of the population of Lagos state.

Yoruba will be around eighty percent of the population of Lagos state. Other Yoruba cities have been depleted into Lagos over decades. Ibadan was more than three times of Lagos. Abeokuta, Ogbomoso, Ilesa, Ilorin were all much bigger than Lagos
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Usenokpevbo: 8:44am On Dec 09, 2023
lawani:

Yoruba will be around eighty percent of the population of Lagos state. Other Yoruba cities have been depleted into Lagos over decades. Ibadan was more than three times of Lagos. Abeokuta, Ogbomoso, Ilesa, Ilorin were all much bigger than Lagos
They have not depleted, Lagos only grew significantly bigger as it should because of population concentration of population of divergent groups all over the country. Ibadan itself has increased considerably from the population she used to be, Ogbomosho has also increased from the population she used to be etc.

This was in 1964, the igbos alone were already over 11 of the population of Lagos, you would have sworn with your life in that year that the igbos were 0.5 of the population of Lagos in that year, thank God it is from an independent source. Tell me how humanly possible it is for Yorubas to be 80% of Lagos state in 2023 today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

I know your previous moniker, so I wonder why you changed to this one.

That said, you supported Buhari in 2011, 2015 and 2019. Your darling Tinubu supported and campaigned for Buhari during the last eight years. So, how come you believe Tinubu would be better off or has this seemingly high IQ to steer Nigeria on the right path? Does your conscience not prick you considering your previous decisions? You claim to have a high IQ, so what did you see in Buhari?

I am genuinely curious.

My previous moniker?

I don't have a previous moniker. But I did support Buhari in the elections because the leading PDP politicians were arrogant crooks, who were openly looting Nigeria dry.

What did I see in Buhari? Someone that is less corrupt than Jonathan and Atiku.

Tinubu is corrupt but a thinker who likes to achieve something. Peter Obi is just an average man, who likes to claim achievements he does not have.

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
so if Yorubas did not vote massively for obi in Lagos tell us what happened during the governorship? Let's assume it was only igbos that voted obi during presidential what happened during governorship cause id!ots like you kept shouting how you will take over Lagos and sack our Obas when you take over the state....so tell me what now happened? Id!ot.....

The question to you was:

Not for you to ask me to tell you anything.

Stop dodging the question, low IQ. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 9:46am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

The question to you was:

and the question to you is how does anambra represent the igbos? Look well and you shall find your answer.......you confused as$ brain 🧠
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

The question to you was:

you no get sense na why you no fit talk about wetin happen during the governorship......shebi na only igbos wey dey Lagos vote obi, why una no come out vote him party for governorship.....after all no Yorubas in Lagos supported his presidential bid.......
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by seguno2: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

My previous moniker?

I don't have a previous moniker. But I did support Buhari in the elections because the leading PDP politicians were arrogant crooks, who were openly looting Nigeria dry.

What did I see in Buhari? Someone that is less corrupt than Jonathan and Atiku.

Tinubu is corrupt but a thinker who likes to achieve something. Peter Obi is just an average man, who likes to claim achievements he does not have.

So you mistook arrogance and openness to mean MORE corrupt?

No wonder you consider Tinubu to be a thinker while Oni is just average.

Enjoy your Ẹnikanlomọ shege.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2023
seguno2:

So you mistook arrogance and openness to mean MORE corrupt?

No wonder you consider Tinubu to be a thinker while Oni is just average.

Enjoy your Ẹnikanlomọ shege.

I don't understand you.

So you think Buhari is as corrupt or more corrupt than Jonathan, he is just less arrogant and open about it?

Or you think Buhari is as corrupt or more corrupt than Atiku, he is just less arrogant and open about it?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
you no get sense na why you no fit talk about wetin happen during the governorship......shebi na only igbos wey dey Lagos vote obi, why una no come out vote him party for governorship.....after all no Yorubas in Lagos supported his presidential bid.......

Fool, why can't you answer a question you have been asked over 15 times? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You yourself don't like the answer you would have to give? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2023
lawani:

Nonsense!

Yorubas cannot be more than 60% of Lagos. Could be even less.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Fool, why can't you answer a question you have been asked over 15 times? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You yourself don't like the answer you would have to give? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
why is Anambra representative of igbos?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

East Asian countries are third class?

Some of you reason through your anus!

Ask him, if East Asian countries are third class, what class is Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Usenokpevbo: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

Yorubas cannot be more than 60% of Lagos. Could be even less.
yorubas are not up to 40 percent of Lagos population but we are not ready for that discussion yet, if as at 1964, the Us army handbook already recorded that Igbos were about 11 percent of the population of Lagos state, guess what that would be today, there are chunks of other tribes that has made Lagos their permanent home and has reside in Lagos in huge numbers in recent years , Urhobos, Akwa-cross (efik, oron, Ibibio, annang) Hausa, Binis , Esans , and other northern groups
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:

Distraction tactics from a dimwit. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no go dey pull nonsense claim from your anus in public after I don teach you this lesson. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:23am On Dec 09, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
yorubas are not up to 40 percent of Lagos population but we are not ready for that discussion yet,

Absolute nonsense you are talking.

Are you LeonSaab's cousin? grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

Distraction tactics from a dimwit. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no go dey pull nonsense claim from your anus in public after I don teach you this lesson. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

he is right.....whatever statistics you people pull out of your arse is always right ✅️
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Usenokpevbo: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2023
Gamesmart:

yorubas are not up to 40 percent of Lagos population but we are not ready for that discussion yet, if as at 1964, the Us army handbook already recorded that Igbos were about 11 percent of the population of Lagos state, guess what that would be today, there are chunks of other tribes that has made Lagos their permanent home and has reside in Lagos in huge numbers in recent years , Urhobos, Akwa-cross (efik, oron, Ibibio, annang) Hausa, Binis , Esans , and other northern groups. Refute my point, as a Bini man myself i can’t count cousins, relatives both distant and immediate that live in Lagos permanently.

You might just be Yoruba pretending to be Igbo, you guys do that a lot here to gaslight people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
yorubas are not up to 40 percent of Lagos population but we are not ready for that discussion yet, if as at 1964, the Us army handbook already recorded that Igbos were about 11 percent of the population of Lagos state, guess what that would be today, there are chunks of other tribes that has made Lagos their permanent home and has reside in Lagos in huge numbers in recent years , Urhobos, Akwa-cross (efik, oron, Ibibio, annang) Hausa, Binis , Esans , and other northern groups. Refute my point, as a Bini man myself i can’t count cousins, relatives both distant and immediate that live in Lagos permanently.

You might just be Yoruba pretending to be Igbo, you guys do that a lot here to gaslight people
okay so by your estimate what is the population of igbos in Lagos?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:45am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
he is right.....whatever statistics you people pull out of your arse is always right ✅️

He would say anything but answer simple question.

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Usenokpevbo: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
okay so by your estimate what is the population of igbos in Lagos?
17% -20%

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.