Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 (42539 Views)

Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by BlackhatMentor: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
yoruboid:

For one Hushpuppy, there are five hundred drug barons from your erosion ravaged region in Asian prisons

90% of people arrested by the NDLEA this year are from your region.

Ogun state is literally the capital of human sacrifice in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by abdeefggh: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Everybody don japa finish
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by kayusely70(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
yoruboid:
They erosion ravaged people claim Yorubas don’t travel but why would we leave a Lagos and travel to an Anambra?

It’s like an American relocating to the Gambia

We travel to Europe and the Americas while they travel to Lagos which is their London

The more daring ones among them ship drugs to Asia and they litter their jails
You've spoken very well and intelligent too!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Ballmer: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2023
Feel free to struggle with that fact to your doomed death

Gamesmart:

I really struggle to believe there are more Yorubas in the USA than Igbos.

I am suspecting maybe Yorubas just teach their kids their indigenous language more than Igbos.

There are more Yorubas in the UK than Igbo. I struggle to believe that is also the case in the USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Christistruth00: 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gamesmart:

I am suspecting maybe Yorubas just teach their kids their indigenous language more than Igbos.

There are more Yorubas in the UK than Igbo. I struggle to believe that is also the case in the USA.

Yorubas travel abroad and when they get there they have a duty to bring in all their Mothers Children after that their Nieces and Nephews

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Ballmer: 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
You will be amazed if a census is conducted in Malaysia Singapore China India etc n Yoruba comes out doubling Igbo population again.

Seems you have no idea what irritant noise maker this pathetic lot from Ipobland constitute wherever they manage to go.

yommen:

It makes no sense. Why should i go to places where my safety is not guaranteed while US dey there? Will you to go to Maiduguri over Yankee because you not lilly-lilvered? Even if you can throw jibe, do it constructively. Yorubas are more strategic than you. That's why you keep chasing yet you have more hypertension than them. You put yourself I trouble and develop high blood pressure.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ballmer:
Feel free to struggle with that fact to your doomed death

You are a cretin!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ballmer:
You will be amazed if a census is conducted in Malaysia Singapore China India etc n Yoruba comes out doubling Igbo population again.

Seems you have no idea what irritant noise maker this pathetic lot from Ipobland constitute wherever to manage to go.

Foolishness!

There is no way Yorubas can be more than Igbos in countries where Nigerians don't go in large numbers for studying or professional jobs, moooron! Apart from maybe Benin, Togo and CIV.

Double my ass! Just pull nonsense from your ass and vomit it.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Khyrvxjzy: 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
AustineE1:

Reason why yorubas are thought to be lily livered and cowards...No pun intended.

3 million died, dying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by IjebuWarrior: 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
AustineE1:

Reason why yorubas are thought to be lily livered and cowards...No pun intended.

Werey! We dey travel more than anyone else, but for vacation, NOT permanent relocation like you savages. Even If Yorubas wan relocate, na to better places, NOT your useless jungle filled with bloody cannibals.

You okoro Savages consider absconding as traveling. Useless Bastards! 🤬

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Tohsynetita1: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pristine664:

Lol the only available West African Language in my school in Canada is Yoruba

It's either you click Yoruba or you don't click any west African language.
where do you school in Canada?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ednut1(m): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Suprised Hausa isn't more frequent
do they travel The fula there is not even 9ja fula. Its mostly gambia, Senegal, Sudan, Guinea

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Seem to almost be evenly split in Australia:

https://www.abs.gov.au/census/find-census-data/quickstats/2021/9124_AUS

Yoruba = 1,497

Igbo = 1,543

Total Nigerians = 10,428

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Omoawoke2(m): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
AustineE1:

You left your region and came to ours and you say we should go to your region, when you can’t even stay there yourself.
Who goes to a barren land?
Africans go Europe and americas, not the other way round. People go to places they consider safer and greener

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Omoawoke2(m): 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ballmer:

Seems you have no idea what irritant noise maker this pathetic lot from Ipobland constitute wherever to manage to go.

They carry first class in drumming chests

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Omoawoke2(m): 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gamesmart:

Some cities in the US look like Yoruba community. Enter Maryland first.
Yorubas are doing very well, they are mostly in tech, IT, or in school working as professors or in , medicine, investment banking and consulting. Our Igbo brothers are mostly buy and sell, dem no dey go school like Yorubas, so countries like China favor them. Na there them dey destroy our GDP with importation. You also find them in countries like Indonesia

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by GoodRocks: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
Wolexyoshi:
Smiles. You Igbos sha like to dey compete with Yorubas with your "Dot in the circle population" 🤣🤣🤣

Igbos are actually more in population than the Yorubas. Get your fact right!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Some cities in the US look like Yoruba community. Enter Maryland first.
Yorubas are doing very well, they are mostly in tech, IT, or in school working as professors or in , medicine, investment banking and consulting. Our Igbo brothers are mostly buy and sell, dem no dey go school like Yorubas, so countries like China favor them. Na there them dey destroy our GDP with importation. You also find them in countries like Indonesia

Yeah, I know Maryland is Yoruba.

And I know Dallas is Igbo.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by TakeNigeriaBack: 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
AustineE1:

Show us the Ibo equivalent of this Yoruba warrior (If dem born your papa well):

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by oyatz(m): 12:34am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Struggle to believe that, men.

Always thought:

UK - Yoruba
US - Igbo

Yorubas are more than Igbo in USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Saudi Arabia

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:56am On Dec 08, 2023
oyatz:

Yorubas are more than Igbo in USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia?

That one is a no-brainer now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Ofodirinwa: 1:22am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

If there are 10 Igbo Americans in a room, 4 will be able to speak igbo. I think that's why you see the difference
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 1:53am On Dec 08, 2023
Ballmer:

Seems you have no idea what irritant noise maker this pathetic lot from Ipobland constitute wherever they manage to go.

I am willing to wager that the majority of Nigerians in Asia are Igbos. By Asia, I mean East and South East Asia. In Japan, the majority of Nigerians are Igbos. The Nigerian Union in Japan is disproportionately dominated by Igbos. I want to believe China, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan should not be different. That covers East Asia. South East Asia should not be different, I believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Ykc2(m): 3:50am On Dec 08, 2023
Make una dey deceive una self
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by emerged01(m): 3:51am On Dec 08, 2023
Pristine664:

What I understand when they say Yorubas don't travel is... "Yorubas don't constitute nuisance wherever they are" cool
Fact! How do you even expect Yoruba man to travel to Oman,Pakistan,Azerbaijan e.t.c if no be say na crime dem dey take chop.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by HouseRavenclaw: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2023
And if you, who I saw dreaming about raping a child's corpse in a comment area, are supposed to represent the benchmark of a sane and competent Nigerian guy, do you not think you are a demographic worth erasing?

I find it absurd that you fool yourselves into believing that characteristics like race and tribe are the problem when, everywhere you look, men are the perpertrators of rape, homicide, and pedophilia by a margin of over 90%. You are illnesses that pose a threat to the advancement of humanity, and society will continue to be in the gutter unless males are either reprogrammed or redistributed.

BlackhatMentor:

No wonder those countries are blocking their borders so Nigerians won't come there anymore.

Yorubas, their son Hushpuppy and other rapist have successfully damaged and destroyed the image of Nigerians there

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by numericalguy(m): 5:27am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

The Yorubas are generally more law abiding which is why you don't get to hear their news so much.

There are more Indians in the US than Nigerians but most Indians are into legal jobs like IT medicine, engineering etc

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gajagojo: 5:42am On Dec 08, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
USA is our second home
I thought Yoruba don't travel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gajagojo: 5:45am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Your struggle is based on what?
You are suspecting why?
You don't want to believe the reality in front of you
Why do you assume The respondents are not ADULT MIGRANTS
The census is self report
No one does a test to verify whether people can speak the languages

Let us assume It is second generation Nigerians as you do

It is down to a question like
WHAT LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD

The proficiency is not tested it all comes down to what respondents say
So if your hypothesis that any other group is more but underepresented it is not about who teaches language to kids more but what responses people give. The kids mayk only be able to say Hello,Thank you

The responses are more likely to be linked to The baseline population than whether or not the kids actually speak those languages

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gajagojo: 6:08am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

If the figures are like that purely because Yorubas speak their language at home to their kids more than Igbos, then it is a huge achievement.
Purely because
Sounds like what you want to believe because of your churlish psychology

How do you know the numbers are based on kids and not people who emigrated from Nigeria as adults/adolescents.

There is no reason or basis to bring up.That PURELY BECAUSE argument other than bad belle

5 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by pquaver(m): 6:13am On Dec 08, 2023
yommen:

It makes no sense. Why should i go to places where my safety is not guaranteed while US dey there? Will you to go to Maiduguri over Yankee because you not lilly-lilvered? Even if you can throw jibe, do it constructively. Yorubas are more strategic than you. That's why you keep chasing yet you have more hypertension than them. You put yourself I trouble and develop high blood pressure.

Gee i be igbo but U Don kill me with this your Talk..i Don laugh tire.. U mouth No good .lol very funny reply..

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? / Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy / Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.