Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians (23643 Views)

#japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams / Enugu State Government Expresses Concern Over Ekweremadu’s Ordeal In UK / Anxiety Over Increasing Boko Haram Attacks In Abuja’s Neighbour, Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by GUNITGuy: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
You have Just one Life
If you have any means t Leave Naija please do..
Go to school learn their culture even marry there ...
Don't Risk your Life on uncertainties of Nigeria ...
This people only have plans for the next election but for future generations I don't know but for elections the have a blue print for sure

1 Like

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by casualobserver: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Righthussle:
How to stop Japa syndrome

1. Make the economy better

2. Make the process of Japa unimaginably difficult

I know our president is already considering number 2.😁😁😁

Did you listen to Bosun Tijani’s interview on channels?

I urge you to if you haven’t.

When you do, you will realize that Nigeria rightly sees japa as a legitimate solution to our lack of jobs and forex. Sentimental people will attack as usual but Nigerians are a commodity to be exported.

We train you for skilled jobs abroad or remote work, you send money home. Like I said diaspora remittance is now our largest source of forex 4 yrs in a row.

Anybody telling you they are trying to stop japa is lying to you. Watch Bosun’s interview.

We have more bodies than we can provide jobs for and at the same time the western world is ageing. Skill up Nigerians send them abroad and you solve 2 problems…..jobs for Nigerians and forex.

If I remember correctly he said half of those they are planning to train will eventually end up abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_7V9Q4aqoo?si=igTNT_az41OZI00h

1 Like

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by amadiama(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Foolish leaders!!!!...
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Love56743: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
Righthussle:
How to stop Japa syndrome

1. Make the economy better

2. Make the process of Japa unimaginably difficult

I know our president is already considering number 2.😁😁😁

No matter how difficult the president make it to travel there is always a way out, i could remember 2019, when i was want to India, i was told by my agent that India are deporting anyone coming with Nigeria passport, I have to use ivory coast passport to travel when i arrive in new Delhi airport I was ask which country I'm from i told them that I'm from ivory coast I was also bearing ivory coast name, when I was going back this second time i used my Nigeria passport.. No
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by eepeepook: 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
The grass is better maintained in developed nations. Don’t stop them.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Makamatic: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
casualobserver:

Learn to read before you respond.

These are my passports, current and expired. I know japa engineers and professionals cleaning poop. If that is dignity good luck to you. Just send your forex home!

Sukkot is that u
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Akano5(m): 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Princewill1:
Truth is, if govt wants to curtail Japa syndrome in the country, it's actually a simple thing to do.

Just by placing a 2yrs temporary ban of new passport issuance and renewal will do the magic and drastically reduce the Japa syndrome.

But the thing is the majority of those moving abroad are the youths who are in their military age. If there will ever be a revolution, they're the ones to make it possible.

The large population of youths facing economic hardship in this country is a time bomb and a threat to the kleptomaniac political elites. The politicians see it as a welcome development to allow them move abroad enmass to ease the tension at home and to prevent and any future mass revolt in the country.

Fuvk, we will go to Niger Republic and travel with their passport.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by sukkot: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
Makamatic:

Sukkot is that u
no Sir
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by sukkot: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
Makamatic:

Sukkot is that u
lol I see why you thought it was me but it’s standard practice in uk passport office to cut your expired passport like that. I have mine too cut that way which I have kept

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by ednut1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
ablejesus26:

Goodluck but to tell You the truth, forget se Country hard,there's money in this Land o.

My younger sis is a medical doctor in Finland plus she has people in their govt,she don distrub me tire but I don't just see how I go come carry my whole family come go another man land. Once my son is through with sec school,I will send him to Finland to stay with my sis.

Nigeria under Apc looks very hopeless.

May the strongest survive.
you don’t want your son to make money in Nigeria ni
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Agugbadin: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
The depreciating value of the Naira is the primary reason for the unprecedented surge in Emigration.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by chaloskyx: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
do you politicians express concern when

1. you go for medicals checkups abroad
2. you send your kids to school abroad
3. you embezzle the countrys wealth and take it abroad to buy houses
4. yous send your kids to be born abroad under bith tourism to get a 2nd passport and 2nd citizenship

When Nigerians see who their real enemies are tbey would start a revolution till then make una siddon look
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by gforce5: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
You have said all I wanted to say. Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth. These politicians already have a plan b if Nigeria doesn't work for them but you see those ones defending them due to tribalism, religious intolerance and politics? They are the biggest losers. Many of them don't even have a passport! I wrote an article on the very forum earlier this year about the need to get a second passport and I was insulted. Nigerians don't like the truth and worship their oppressors. As for that guy that you responded to, ignore him. He's a well-known anti-japa supporter on this forum who has a British passport. Tell him to renounce his British citizenship let us see something.
SkullIMAM:

The FG you are trying to defend all including Thier children don Japa

Una useless SAN keyamo has a house in Texas

Femi gbaja is a citizen of united States.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu was a Citizen of united States and a citizen of guinea Conakry.

Seyi Tinubu has a house of 11 million dollars in UK.

The daughter of Bola Ahmed Tinubu is currently living and modeling in USA.

The other daughter is a citizen of USA .

Wike has Cote D'Ivoire passport.

Atiku lives and breathe in Dubai.

Many northern senators and governor's have Niger citizenship and Sudan citizenships

From A to z no single one the children never Japa .

From up to down

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by EconFinance: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
ednut1:
Your own children can live abroad and also have dual citizenship. We the common man should not do same
Me i don collect my Canada passport. If you have the means to japa please do o
Congratulations man
I remember when I used to read your comments on the FSW thread then
Now you have finished the journey

Great!
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by ablejesus26(m): 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
ednut1:

I want but na him choice sha.

Can you feel happy with someone who denies you your dream of schooling abroad?
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
MEMO TO PRESIDENT TINUBU ON JAPA :
If you can take time to do assessment on your Govt,Sir - for this past 6- Months,it will guide you and galvanized you into the next 3& halve years to go!
1• What are your Economic Blueprints for-a -Short term,b- Medium Term and c-Long Term for Nigerians?
2.Do You have the True Pictures oF the Youths Unemployments- since your Resumptions,as the President and how far- the Statistics,you have for lowering the Challenges in different Sectors?
3.Your Economic Development Areas of Growth,should include:
i-Real Industrial Development, including Manufacturing of goods
ii- Steel Productions- truly, Ajaokuta can't work,as Multi-NBILLIONS have been spent before your govt came to Power- without making a single Productions or Product- because of Corruption!
The Russians and other Nigerians who Colluded, would not allow it to Work- that is the TRUTH!
4- Functional Refineries:
•Till today,we are still Importing refined Products (Fuel,etc) - when we are the same owner of Crude oil,so 6- Months is over,since you came to Power,Nigerians are wandering,if the Pledges you made - that' in 6- months,will stand',as nobody is telling them anything!
-They are aware of Dangote Refineries,even the Company have 650,000-Daily barrels this week,to test run, but what happens to your Promises on the morribound- Refineries- ( Port-Harcourt,Warri and Kaduna)?
•Do you Have a Breakdown of Sector by Sectors-on the Economy- given by your Ministers? e .g. Medical Doctors, Pharmacists,Nurses,etc, I T - Professionals,other Professionals in. Nigeria and ask these questions:
- how long does it take to groom them?( Minimum of 8- yrs as a Medical Doctor), Consultant is about 12 to 15- years,so why should you loose them to Foreigners- who appreciates their Services better?
- why do you lose them to the Whiteman in Europe and America or Arabs?
- Good Jobs Prospects.
- Good Salaries and fanstatic Allowances, Housings,etc.- why can't we set a templates for monitoring what the Pays are like,abroad and replicate same here in Nigeria?
•Why can't you now ensure you raised their Salaries at Allowances,so that you reduced their Migrations to the barerest minimum?
This is the Truth and nothing more and we all know it but Govt should take BOLD Steps in reducing the Migration to another Countries Now!
5.DISCOS:
• One of greatest Problems Nigerians have now is -the Poor Performance of Power/Energy Ministry,Called Discos!
Others including -Heath, Security, Agricultural- Sector and
-if care is not taking,you will be blamed comes 3& halve -yrs time,when another Elections is coming that these Key Areas that Nigerians are banking on your Govt- to write your name in Gold- have failed!
-We saw how you signed ' Electricity Power Bills' ! This is Good but is not enough, because many don't have Money to set up Power in Solar Energy Generation,as this is very expensive.
-So far- we are yet to know what the Minister of Power is doing!
For this present DISCOS- Cannot take NIGERIA to Industilisation- Eldorado's as seen in Europe, America and China, Malaysia, etc!
- Electricy should be Constant and 24/7 -Not Off,Off and On- when the workers of Disco-electricity feel like they are doing Nigerians Favour!
When did the Minister Adelabu have meetings with the Stakeholders- so that Nigerians will tell of what is happening in that Department- how many Transformers do each DISCOS have , their Age - grade,as many are breaking down,many Areas and Regions have no light- as the Transformers are too low in Capacity!
We Don't need Generators to Power our Houses,Industries,etc- Ghana, and Benin-Republic,have forgotten using Generators- in their Countries- because,they have Constant Lights 365 - Days Light- Day and Nights lights! Not 8- hours,then another Areas will have lights for 10 hours- that is Corruption,- Diverting Lights by DISCOS for personal gains!
- these Discos Workers are the real threat to National Development- because you failed to give Lights regularly but diverted the lights to their bosst and themselves or where they feel like because of Corruption!
a- why is it that Nigeria Megawatts is 3000- to- 5000,since 1963-Independence to-date,while Egypt of 85- 100 Million People -are enjoying 60,000 Megawatts and more?
Are we jazzed in this Country- what is Wrong with us?
•The immediate Solutions is to shake up the Power Electricity by - Buying it up- as done to BP- during the Military- Era,then pay the so called Investors up their Money invested,then take over them- by Inviting the Experts like the •General Electric,etc,- give them •matching order on the Contracts Jobs and date of execution and Completion!
This will restore Confidence into Nigerians- as they see NBILLIONS Money on 2023 Budgets- in Federal and States- yet even the Palliatives Approved Money- have not come to Nigeria,as Promised.
Nigerians are yet to see Bold -Steps of these Ministries- Power, Industry, Sports, Agriculture Sector, Infrastructures,we are only hearing about Roads- what about Rails, Waters, Hospitals/ Healthcare, MIDAS-Min and Depts- what are they doing with the Homongous NBILLIONS Allocation to them?
•How many of this Ministry Heads and Deps- are thinking Outside the Boxes- for Nigerians to get Employment?
• How can Politicians be getting easy Money- as Contractors in NBILLIONS, Federal Budgets in NBILLIONS and NTrillions,while millions of Nigerians - can't get Jobs- unless you are connected to ' Big Men' or some Politicians?
6.Industrial Exports- to get FOREX- Foreign Exchange - Continuously,if we Exports our goods and Services,we have more FOREX,to save and Naira becomes stronger- not just on Oil alone!
Why can't we get it right,at this times?
The Youths love to Japa-because they don't trust both the Federal and States government- as they can not be seeing themselves asking for what should have been their.e g Job provisionsight,Water,good Roads,Good on their Tables,etc
7• Youth Empowerment- of at least- N300- 500,000- call it National Youths Empowerment- If Youths have a small money to Work and expand their business,it will reduced the Japa Syndrome agitation- for the Nigerian Youths are vibrant, hardworking and determine to Succeed,in different endeavours.They wi be able to sing your name,as a caring leader,of their time. Set a Templates for such Funds- Age, business Name,whayis the Nature of Business!
Today,most Youths wants easy way out because- there is no encouraging push from any government or its Agency.Recently,your govt agency- says a grant of 50k given to few! No one will say thank you with a 50K,Now but start from 100 K- to motivate them!
-Get their Attention- through the Community CDAs,who can vouch for them and Monitor the Business they are about to do!
Sir,are there Supervisors- Ministry , checkmating these other Ministries/ Ministers? e g FARMA- with NBILLIONS given in there Budgets, annually but no performance !
I wish you well to solve the above issues
God bless Nigeria,we know you can do it!

1 Like

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Gilgil: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Conversely, they are Nigeria's largest loss of Forex.
All the school fees, health bills, flight tickets, visa fees, living expenses etc are all Nigerian money from savings, salaries, property sales, and loans converted to forex and sent out of the country.

Imagine if they stayed in...

And that's minus the Naira converted to forex to import almost everything we use,

And minus all the Foreign investments closing shop and taking their money out of the country..

casualobserver:
Let them continue to japa! Right now they are the country’s largest source of forex….even bigger than oil. They are the only thing we export besides oil.

1 Like

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by casualobserver: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gilgil:
Conversely, they are Nigeria's largest loss of Forex.
All the school fees, health bills, flight tickets, visa fees, living expenses etc are all Nigerian money from savings, salaries, property sales, and loans converted to forex and sent out of the country.

Imagine if they stayed in...

And that's minus the Naira converted to forex to import almost everything we use,

And minus all the Foreign investments closing shop and taking their money out of the country..

We get over $30b a year from diaspora inflows. Don’t get me wrong I am not happy that we spend so much to educate our children abroad but when we say increase tuition so that we can raise the quality of our universities, you are the same people that will riot or strike. Those who want good education have no choice but to go abroad. Anyway, what we pay in foreign tuition is only about $2b a year.

As for flight tickets, that has less to do with education and more to do with the government not enforcing the bilateral air services agreements. Why are foreign airlines allowed to come to Nigeria and we are restricted or not allowed to enter their own airports. Back in the day when they tried that nonsense with Abacha, he banned them, they eventually came back begging. I know because I was privy to the British lobbying efforts to restore their routes at the time.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by BigDawsNet: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
sukkot:
lol I see why you thought it was me but it’s standard practice in uk passport office to cut your expired passport like that. I have mine too cut that way which I have kept

Who qualify for the british blue passport?
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by billyG(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nigerians want to leave Nigeria for APC.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
billyG:
Nigerians want to leave Nigeria for APC.

Nonsensical talk!
Why did ALL the Parties Collected-the N160- Millions each,paid as Vehicles Allowances recently to All the National Assembly Members ie- the- APC, LP, PDP and others- all Colluded to receive the NBILLIONS,while some of you are shouting - APC this,APC that and indirectly,making the Party to be more Popular on daily basis!
Park somewhere,yeye they smell!

1 Like

Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by lastkingsman: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
ednut1:

Maybe he's into illegal/dirty bizgrin
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by deborahayobami7: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
As I read the headline I just started laughing, the same FG making people to japa is the one claiming to be concerned... As I read the headline I just started laughing, the same FG making people to japa is the one claiming to be concerned... ...
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Toptenlimited: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
UK COS/Immediate work visa for Caregivers in a Care Home based in the UK.

THIS COMPANY PROVIDES FREE ACCOMODATION TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES AND IT IS 100% GUARANTEED

REQUIREMENTS
1. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATA PAGE
2. PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3. TB TEST
4. CURRICULUM VITAE
5. IELTS Or NARIC
6. CARE CERTIFICATE
7 POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

TOTAL PACKAGE COST 6M
200K BEFORE COS
1M AFTER COS
BALANCE TO BE PAID ONCE VISA IS OUT.

COS WILL BE READY IN MAXIMUM TWO WEEK AND YOU WILL VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE COS BEFORE PAYMENT OF 1M

ONLY FOR SERIOUS AND READY CLIENTS.
WE HAVE LIMITED SLOTS AND WE DONT RESEARCH SLOT.

WHATSAPP
+44 7418 349727‬

New Kings House, 136-144 New Kings Rd, London SW6 4LZ, United Kingdom
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by raskymonojendor: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

Congratulations!!

I really do like the design. It is beautiful than the ones I have seen online. reddit/passportporn
Old design was nicer, but that's my opinion.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Blackdisciple(m): 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
They all know what to do to put stop this it but they won't because of dark mind they have ...
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by emmaodet: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
casualobserver:

Like I said many of you do not understand english. My comment was about forex. Read what I said again. I said you and anyone who wants to japa are free to go. We need your forex. Wetin be the fight again?

This is the problem with Nigerians. You tell them the house is on the left they start arguing about how the man who owns the house killed his wife. Is that what I said or my business? Learn to stay on topic.

I said japa is our largest source of forex, so if you want to japa feel free and whatever you see you see.
I don’t know why you are arguing over the state of the country as if we do t know, or as if anyone is disagreeing with you that there are no jobs. Did I not say in the post there are no jobs in the country.

Jesus wept!!!

grin grin
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Procashtips(m): 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
So they should sit here just to earn peanuts while people with no secondary school education earn x 20 of what they earn just because they are in politics or know politicians?

I used to love this country but with the way things are going, maybe it's time to sell and move.
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Racoon:
It get even sadder because while things are twice as hard for common people than it once were in recent clime, it is insensitive that billions are flying around and being wastefully spent on unnecessary things while the citizen are ask to exercise patient through a hard time. Government of criminals and wasters. Ndi ala!
general Racoon the scourge of Omenka and LeoDeKing
Re: Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians by sukkot: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Who qualify for the british blue passport?
blue passport ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Launches “ Operation Wipe-Out Mosquitoes ” In Anambra - Photos / Peter Obi Donates N1Million To Support The Renovation Of Primary School / Buhari Or No Buhari, "North Must Retain Presidency Till 2023"- Arewa Youth Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.