Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (11951 Views)

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by SuccessfulRichi: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/naira-falls-to-all-time-low-on-ie-window-hits-n1099/
No one can stop the fallen giant. They're not united, tribalism, hatred for each other. Not even the devil can stop the downfall of Nigeria. Meanwhile, check Iran currency to dollar. Nigeria is trying abeg
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Dollywood(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2023
RecessionistPMB:
Naira is now a shitty worthless note.
The over-hyped Opolo-eye white-powder sniffing criminal and his gang of heartless mafias has buried my dear country.

Quite sad!!!

*have
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by IbnB: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:
Na statistics we go chop?

Certificate forging maggot of cocaine sniffer 2022

Na cocaine dem dey chop o
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Mosba: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2023
This is not the all time low, the all time low naira value is yet to happen
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Vadese1: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2023
Tinubu has declared world war against her citizens.. useless drug Lord
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by musicwriter(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2023
This would mark my first negative comment -so to speak- on the Tinubu administration cause I've been observing.

Someone should tell him that it doesn't matter how much you put the official rate, the black market would always adapt to that, in fact, you're helping to destroy the Naira each time you increase the official rate.

The way things are going now, the Dollar would sell for N2,000/$1 before the end of Tinubu administration. By the way, I predicted that it would sell for N1,000/$1 by the time Buhari hands over. I got it almost right.

The problem isn't the official rate price. The problem is that we're not earning enough Dollar. Period..

If that's the case, it's better to return to the Buhari era official rate. It's better than destroying the Naira.

Release Godwin Emefiele immediately because from what I can see now, Emefiele and Buhari actually did an outstanding job. Anybody that knows him personally should copy him this message.

Note:
This is why the world bank, IMF and other Western interests call for removing government support for local currencies in third world countries.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by ezekins: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2023
tesppidd:
grin

Apc and tinubu embarked on free naira float that they knew nothing about. No sensible government will float its currency when you know you don't have sufficient fx inflow to manage it. If cbn fails to reverse its on naira, then it will continue to depreciate.

Continue to console yourself. Nigerians are now being held captive economically by the government of nigeria.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Itiskdg121(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2023
My concern is the innocent suffering with those slowpoke who voted for this government, despite what we witnessed during Buhari's tenure.
I started believing in juju when I saw people campaigning for APC. I still can't get my head around it.
See where the country is right now.
Very heartless set of people
Ozommadu:
Omenka come and blame igbos na dem dey destroy this country despite that they've never rule you.

Your Ebola bought yatch 5bn and tinubu wife 1.5bn cars...all imported oo

Hopeless people
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Procashtips(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See how ignorant you are?

1.Niger has a refinery

SAUCE: Petroleum industry in Niger

2.I am not defending APC. Government wey no diversify economy, wey no fight corruptuion, wey no do anything right, I go defend?

LOL.

You're just being clever by half

How does having a refinery without commercial crude oil makes them a comparison with Nigeria?

The same Benin rep our oil gets smuggled to?

Of all the comparison you could come up with, it's an improvised Benin rep you could defend your unreasonable points with?

Why is Nigeria still paying subsidy after claiming no more subsidy which led to fuel price increasing by almost 400%?

You keep saying you're not defending Tinubu, yet repeating the lies they put out there?

What exactly is your point?

NB:

You're a bloody liar
There's no refinery in Benin Republic.

Don't ever quote me using Wikipedia as your source.

https://www.ariseiip.com/homepage/major-industries-in-benin/#:~:text=However%2C%20the%20country%20has%20no,is%20yet%20to%20get%20initiated.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Artscollection: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2023
nedekid:
Yeah, and so? He is fulfilling his campaign promise of reducing the purchasing power of Nigerians. He proposed it as part of his economic blueprint and some Nigerians cheered him.
We must lay on the bed we made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v0dsd_gfjQ?si=-o9dbDdY6ETJc09K

Blame ronu people a.k.a agbadorians n some abokis that doesnt understand english.
Someone threatens to reduce your purchasing power n you went ahead to vote him. Those idiots should be properly examined.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by nairalanda1(m): 10:56am On Dec 09, 2023
Procashtips:

How does having a refinery without crude oil makes them a comparison with Nigeria?

Of all the comparison you could come up with, it's an improvised Benin rep you could defend your unreasonable points with?

Why is Nigeria still paying subsidy after claiming no more subsidy which led to fuel price increasing by almost 400%?

You keep saying you're not defending Tinubu, yet repeating the lies they put out there?

You did not read the bit. From the link about the agadem oil field in Niger

Which supplies the Soraz refinery in Niger.

I have even pointed out they are still paying subsidy which is wrong.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by RepoMan007: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2023
These same people ruining the system today blamed emefiele for destroying the naira. They made him look like a learner.

Let Dangote fire up first. For now, we are in Tinubu's shaky hands.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by tesppidd: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2023
ezekins:

Apc and tinubu embarked on free naira float that they knew nothing about. No sensible government will float its currency when you know you don't have sufficient fx inflow to manage it. If cbn fails to reverse its on naira, then it will continue to depreciate.

Continue to console yourself. Nigerians are now being held captive economically by the government of nigeria.
Poor man should tighten belt they say,,

But they are renovating official residences for billions of naira, buying luxury vehicles for billions of naira, eating food for billions of naira.

And they the worst part of it all,,

They have supporters!
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by nedekid: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Artscollection:

Blame ronu people a.k.a agbadorians n some abokis that doesnt understand english.
Someone threatens to reduce your purchasing power n you went ahead to vote him. Those idiots should be properly examined.
What baffles me is with all the smart folks folks in the country, is this the best we can produce? even if it is only from the SW, (set aside any other region as that is always the bone of contention).
How will any reasonable person support such obviously slow person? Maybe 20 years ago, but now age and lifestyle has derived him of capacity.
What happened to great folks such as Osibanjo? That took over office for few weeks and the whole country felt it. Naira appreciated by 100%, Sars got off the road and stopped harrasing young men. Dss behaved and acted professionally? What about Akinwumi Ambode? That was turning Lagos to London, built bridges, focused lastma on doing their jobs not impounding vehicles, got roadsafety to operate only on the Expressway, see infrastructure at oshodi etc, and all without adding debt to the state. Adesina nko, how he handled agriculture, how he was found upright at ADB despite the USA wanting him kicked out. So many bright south westerners that would have moved the country forward with full support of all citizens.
Naaa, some of us, for tribal or financial reasons decided to lay our bed on thorns, now we all must lay on it.
One day we will have sense.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by femi4: 11:30am On Dec 09, 2023
crackhouse:
u people always have a reason to give for failure.... now it's normal thing because directors dey steal money in December... smh
Nothing happens on its own. Remember the law of cause and effect
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by nairalanda1(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2023
Procashtips:

How does having a refinery without commercial crude oil makes them a comparison with Nigeria?

Erm, sonny boy, I was talking about NIGER republic all this while.

Na you wey think I dey talk about Benin Republic.

Go and read my posts. Na Niger I dey talk about not Benin.

No wonder you sound off.

Because our politicans sacrifice the economy to the god of political futures.

NB:

You're a bloody liar
There's no refinery in Benin Republic.

Don't ever quote me using Wikipedia as your source.

Considering I was talking all the time from the word go about Niger Republic...a completely different country.

Good morning.
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by grandstar(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2023
It might be best at this stage the government pegs the Naira and defends that peg. It should be fixed at $1-1,000.

Tinubu is failing in regards to the economy.

He standard out with a bang and now, its just a whimper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by isArray: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
We warned them about Tinubu, they called us haters, to all those who used tribalism to support Tinubu if only your tribal bragging right could reduce the price of garri for you or reduce the price of petrol to 200, I would have said you gained something from tribal support but do you know the very bad part;

Just a reminder Tinubu doesn't give a fvck about you or whatever you go through, he doesn't even need your vote or support in 2027 to get reelected...
He might even be the first president to run 3 terms grin
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Sermwell(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Themanleshey:

Food don ready, make una come wail as usual .

My question still remain that, how many Nigerians can afford to buy a car when it was sold for less than 1200 naira ?

When 1 Naira was equivalent to 1 pounds ?

You better hustle hard and forget this dollar ish.

A word is enough for the wise !

How can you be this wicked for yourself?? Even thiefnubuu and his family will wonder how they made you this foolish! grin grin
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Artscollection: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
nedekid:

What baffles me is with all the smart folks folks in the country, is this the best we can produce? even if it is only from the SW, (set aside any other region as that is always the bone of contention).
How will any reasonable person support such obviously slow person? Maybe 20 years ago, but now age and lifestyle has derived him of capacity.
What happened to great folks such as Osibanjo? That took over office for few weeks and the whole country felt it. Naira appreciated by 100%, Sars got off the road and stopped harrasing young men. Dss behaved and acted professionally? What about Akinwumi Ambode? That was turning Lagos to London, built bridges, focused lastma on doing their jobs not impounding vehicles, got roadsafety to operate only on the Expressway, see infrastructure at oshodi etc, and all without adding debt to the state. Adesina nko, how he handled agriculture, how he was found upright at ADB despite the USA wanting him kicked out. So many bright south westerners that would have moved the country forward with full support of all citizens.
Naaa, some of us, for tribal or financial reasons decided to lay our bed on thorns, now we all must lay on it.
One day we will have sense.

Yes i feel the pain of the people but sometimes situation like this should arise so we can understand the importance of electing capable leaders.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by DGOODLYF: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Peter Obi, Obidients, Ndigbo....see wat you v caused
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Niok: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
But thieffnubu will hit the ground running bunch of pathetic idiots along with his supporters
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by naijamerican: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
Foolish Nigerian triabalists suffering the most. Even though Nigerians have never been so broke, disenfranchised, and destitute, at least the president isn't igbo! grin

Foolish, unserious people.

God will continue to punish unna
Re: Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ by Bkelly2: 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
ufotty2001:
Dangote refinery is our only hope to reform our Naira.

And who told you that Dangote is the only hope to reform Nigeria. It seems as though you do not understand the Nigerian dynamics when it comes to her reformation. Nigeria has over 200m people in it.. The demand for fuel is very high..Not just one refinery can satisfy that demand. Allow modular refineries to thrive...Get the power sector working well which we all know that is a very tall dream for Nigeria. Move away from over dependence on crude oil for foreign exchange. In fact, diversify the economy allow private sector to handle some areas in the economy ... Let the govt be a general overseer if the economy while the private sector manages it. This will breed effectiveness, efficiencies and healthy competition. Then you will see drastic changes in the economy. But the question is, will our politicians allow this? Politics is the only very lucrative business in Nigeria. That is why you can see them ready to kill, steal and destroy just to be known as a politician. It is a survival of the fittest if you really want to survive in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Set Up An Internet TV Station And Make Money With It / Naira Redesign Won't Reduce Inflation Or Strengthen Naira / Food Stuff Supply Opportunity For Suppliers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.