Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 (14302 Views)

Meet Rukaiya El-Rufai, The First PwC Female Northerner Partner / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by sulaak(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
post=127444931:
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young........

You can land an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria.
Landing an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria is not as hard as people say.
You need to know the right things and have loads of preparation!

Big 4 firms in Nigeria usually recruit all year round.
Openings for audit, tax, deal advisory, IT advisory and management consulting come up frequently.
You only need to bookmark credible job sites so you know when they start calling for applications.
Why? First, it makes it easier for you to pass the entrance tests (GMAT, SHL, etc.). Second, during the interviews, if you can craft a perfect story why you’re moving out of science into business, then you’re in.
So, whether PWC, KPMG, EY, or Deloitte, your discipline isn’t so relevant.

The Big 4 firms will only let you apply if, at the time of applying, you’re not above 26.

Okay, there’s a ton of criticism hauled at the Big 4 firms over this requirement.
They have their reasons.

If you join, your colleagues will be super young.
During my onboarding,
met a 20-year old colleague.

It’s also not unheard-of to have a manager, who is only 28.
So, you might look weird if you’re 30 and your team lead is 23.
However, the Big 4 firms have started relaxing this requirement...

Courtesy VC.

He can apply as a professional and not as a graduate.

He will need to professional certification to balance his academic qualification

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by omotola90(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
sulaak:

He has an MSc and years of work experience. Your first degree is now irrelevant.

it is....especially PWC....I can't say about other multinationals
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
Inner19:
Customer Service Representative in a Bank?
Salary is 310K monthly?
Age is 31yrs
That means u got the job when u were 28yrs old
B.Sc Economics.

How did u get such job?

Cos the last time I checked, the age limit for Banks is 26yrs old.

Anyways..

I want to work as Customer Service Representative or Human Resource (HR) in any big company in Lagos. So I'm thinking Oil company's such as She'll, Chevron, Mobile or any Oil Servicing Companies.

Or better still, PWC or any big company in Lagos.

I want a starting salary of N500K per month with benefits. If they can provide good housing, I don't mind.

I have a B.Sc degree only. That is enough to get in.

I don't have any Customer Service or HR certification. When I come in, I go digger am.

I need a kind hearted rich man or woman who is connected to someone in Lagos that can help me to please help me.

It is connection I want please.

Thank you.

🤣🤣🤣
You wan dey work for company wey go dey pay you 500k/month or more as an entry level worker but you no get strong qualifications or strong edge that stands you out or very strong connect.

Sto'playing or dey play, choose one!

8 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by frog12: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
310k for monthly salary and people dey still complain for naija?? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Inner19(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

🤣🤣🤣
You wan dey work for company wey go dey pay you 500k/month or more as an entry level worker but you no get strong qualifications or strong edge that stands you out or very strong connect.

Sto'playing or dey play, choose one!

I'm serious. I'm not playing.
B.Sc is enough to get me in. That's how it is done even in advanced countries.
Customer Service or HR is not rocket science. It is something that u don't t need to school for.
Customer Service na just
"hello. My name is bla bla bla....welcome to customer service. How can I help u today. Then u go ahead and solve the customer's problems. Finish".
When u are done, then u close with
"Thank you for choosing us. Please have a wonderful day".

Forget. Our B.Sc should get us the jobs we want in Nigeria. E no easy to go to school. If e easy, everybody for turn graduate.

There is someone in USA that works as a Customer Service Representative for a company. The person works from home and is making bank. This person is not even a graduate o.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by bigiyaro(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
Femisol:
Go and meet people in the corporate world to get the best advice

You can’t get the best advice here. It’s only FG job most nairalanders like grin . FG job na Olodo full there from top to bottom grin
unfortunately, na dey dullards in the government dey formulate rubbish policies for the experts in the private sector.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by ivolt: 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

Please I need a serious advise on this

I'm currently a customer service rep in a major bank (full time staff and salary is 310k monthly) and i've spent close to 3yrs so far and aged 31. I have a BSC and MSC in Economics (BSC-2:2 grade, MSC-2:1 grade). Now, in recent time, I've been nuturing the idea of working in any of the BIG 4 with PWC been my biggest wish

Question is, Is working in PWC still possible considering that my background is just customer service or i should just forget the idea ?

Professionals in the house, I need your answer to this please
It is possible if you qualify for experience hire.
But forget entry level positions, you are too old for it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by drehdinho(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
People that would have appropriate answer to your questions sadly are super busy types. I’m equally interested. I would like to get into the corporate workforce as a legal practitioner. (In equity).

I’m so passionate about Compliance , and infact , I’m working on managing the process of building a partnership for a logistics company at the moment.

I personally I’m the one drafting all the contractual documents, even though it’s a general partnership.

Have gone through different codes of conducts in logistics industries across different countries to offer priceless compliance service to my clients.

I was so happy to realize how proactive my professional advices appear whenever we hold meetings.

I wouldn’t mind if any Director or Managing director of a company is reading this, I can be of immense value and assistance to your coy.

I can review any legal documents with perfect comprehension. I can also draft any legal documents, like shareholders agreement, code of conducts, pre incorporation contracts , memorandum, minutes of meetings etc.

I pray my helper sees this.
I am willing to relocate. 😊

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Relixy2k: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
The 2.2 is the issue. Till now, they still insist on 2.1 for any graduate or even experienced role. Aside that there are administrative unit, customer service unit etc that you can join with zero accounting knowledge only if you have 2.1. People are funny once they hear accounting firm, they assume all employees are accountant when many roles are there outside accounting.
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

I'm currently a customer service rep in a major bank (full time staff and salary is 310k monthly) and i've spent close to 3yrs so far and aged 31. I have a BSC and MSC in Economics (BSC-2:2 grade, MSC-2:1 grade). Now, in recent time, I've been nuturing the idea of working in any of the BIG 4 with PWC been my biggest wish

Question is, Is working in PWC still possible considering that my background is just customer service or i should just forget the idea ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by NapoleonHill: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Inner19:
Salary is 310K monthly?
Age is 31yrs
B.Sc Economics.

How did u get such job?

Anyways..

I want to work as Customer Service Representative or Human Resource (HR) in any big company in Lagos. So I'm thinking Oil company's such as Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobile or any Oil Servicing Companies.

Or better still, PWC, Top Banks or any big company in Lagos.

I want a starting salary of N500K-N600K per month with benefits. If they can provide good housing, I don't mind. Do I really need a car? I'm not a car freak but if they do and get me a driver, I won't mind cos I don't know how to drive undecided

Well, I have a B.Sc degree only. That is enough to get in.

I don't have any Customer Service or HR certification. When I come in, I go digger am.

I need a kind hearted rich man or woman in Nigeria who is connected to someone in Nigeria that can help me to please help me.

If you are also a Politician who can help me, I dont mind.

Dont ask me to send CV. I'm done sending CV's.

Thank you.

May God bless you.

We have heard you. Now, what purpose will you serve to whoever helps you and the organization willing to pay such amount?
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Fgo31: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
Yes, it is possible but I will advise you navigate any of these units in the bank since you work full time. So this will boast your chance of moving to the big 4 since that is your dream place of work.

1. Risk
2. Compliance.
3. Internal Control
4. Internal Audit.
5. Treasury
6. Tax etc

With any of the above units in a bank. You can easily find your way to the Big 4. Customer service role has a limited chance for you to navigate to the big 4 if you are aiming advisory , tax and audit role. Best of luck in your pursuit.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by bolousadex: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
The time is now if you want to make a move, but be ready to start at entry level in big 4 (they dont pay well) which means you will earn well below your current salary. OR if you don't want entry level at big 4, switch your role in the bank to risk management, Finance, treasury.......You sound too smart to be in customer service. Not that I am undermining customer service, but I feel it's not challenging enough for you
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Hollyharjii: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
Please, incase you're privy to the info, I also need to rewrite my ownn story ooo
Working in Microfinance Bank as well

Lisaint:
Wait

Kindly gist me on how u get the bank job!
Me sef go like apply!

Instead of this microfiance institute job
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by bonnyhope: 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

At Msc level, it is either a pass or distinction
Nothing like 2.1 grade
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Inner19:

I'm serious. I'm not playing.
B.Sc is enough to get me in. That's how it is done even in advanced countries.
Customer Service or HR is not rocket science. It is something that u don't t need to school for.
Customer Service na just
"hello. My name is bla bla bla....welcome to customer service. How can I help u today. Then u go ahead and solve the customer's problems. Finish".
When u are done, then u close with
"Thank you for choosing us. Please have a wonderful day".

Forget. Our B.Sc should get us the jobs we want in Nigeria. E no easy to go to school. If e easy, everybody for turn graduate.

There is someone in USA that works as a Customer Service Representative for a company. The person works from home and is making bank. This person is not even a graduate o.

I get your point, Nigeria system don cast things.

Anyway, I don't pack my bsc one side, I'm not into employment world.
Na business me dey do, I don't like it when people control my time, I like it to be controlled by God via me and not any human.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by BreconHills(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

I suggest you begin ACCA, ICAN or Tax Institute exams. But if you just want to work in a big 4 firm and you are not fussy, apply as support or shared service staff and try to exam your way to your desired destination.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by CHIOMAEZEH: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
Brb
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by captainking(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2023
Inner19:
Salary is 310K monthly?
Age is 31yrs
B.Sc Economics.

How did u get such job?

Anyways..

I want to work as Customer Service Representative or Human Resource (HR) in any big company in Lagos. So I'm thinking Oil company's such as Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobile or any Oil Servicing Companies.

I want a starting salary of N500K-N600K per month with benefits. If they can provide good housing, I don't mind. Do I really need a car? I'm not a car freak but if they do and get me a driver, I won't mind cos I don't know how to drive undecided

I need a kind hearted rich man or woman in Nigeria who is connected to someone in Nigeria that can help me to please help me.

Thank you.

May God bless you.

Award of the most unserious fellow of 2023 and 2024 should be handed to you...
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Mccullum: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
sulaak:

PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS

Thanks.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
Inner19:
Salary is 310K monthly?
Age is 31yrs
B.Sc Economics.

How did u get such job?

Anyways..

Thank you.

May God bless you.

Can u help me with your CV template please?!
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Muyiii(m): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

Firstly, it is very possible. However, you do know the BiG 4s ie. PWC, KPMG, Deloitte & Ernst & Young are all into Auditing (IT & Financial). So if you’re background and current role isn’t related to that, then you’ll need to embark on becoming one. Either by getting certified in CISA or CIA. Depending whether you want to chose IT or financial audit.

Secondly, unless you will be taking an unrelated audit role like what you’re currently doing, then it’s possible.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Tats(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

To be frank, your chances are slim. Your age doesn’t count for you especially without relevant experience and professional accounting or finance qualifications. At age 31, people are already at levels of Manager or senior manager in these companies. Also, your first degree was a 2:2 and it takes the other factors to be at excellent level before the 2:2 will be overlooked.

If you still aspire to join the big 4, get qualified, get valuable experience elsewhere for a few years and then apply as an experienced hire. I did not work for a big 4 but I have had big 4 type experiences in top global consulting firms. These companies look for sharp young minds and many abound especially with top universities including private ones. If you have any foreign degree or experience, even better! At 31 and a starter, you may be like a baba if you get hired. 😊

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Gerrard59(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
omotola90:
good afternoon,it is possible but your 2.2 might hinder you.PWC considers 2.1 at most

I think PwC is the most lenient about grades. KPMG is the strictest. Deloitte and EY follow KPMG for back.

OP: as others have stated, you should target non-audit and non-advisory roles. Get a relevant certification and apply. There is a high turnover. It was really bad prior to and during COVID. So those firms always recruit.

Good 'ol days. cheesy
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Gerrard59(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by omotola90(m): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

I think PwC is the most lenient about grades. KPMG is the strictest. Deloitte and EY follow KPMG for back.

OP: as others have stated, you should target non-audit and non-advisory roles. Get a relevant certification and apply. There is a high turnover. It was really bad prior to and during COVID. So those firms always recruit.

Good 'ol days. cheesy
KPMG lol..if there is anything more to qualify "strictest".I have some friends who had HND( distinction and upper credit) but later left due to disparity between bsc and Hnd.Getting a relevant certification like Ican Acca and Cfa will go a long long way.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by folake4u(f): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Femisol(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
The thoughts of it alone is sickening embarassed
bigiyaro:
unfortunately, na dey dullards in the government dey formulate rubbish policies for the experts in the private sector.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Albertone(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
Muyiii:

Firstly, it is very possible. However, you do know the BiG 4s ie. PWC, KPMG, Deloitte & Ernst & Young are all into Auditing (IT & Financial). So if you’re background and current role isn’t related to that, then you’ll need to embark on becoming one. Either by getting certified in CISA or CIA. Depending whether you want to chose IT or financial audit.

Secondly, unless you will be taking an unrelated audit role like what you’re currently doing, then it’s possible.

Please what do I need for entry level management consulting?
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Muyiii(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
Albertone:

Please what do I need for entry level management consulting?
Current final year business administration student with a 2:1.

Like I stated, you’ll need to pursue a certification in an audit related field. Mostly like CIA (certified internal audit or) if you are interested in financial audit. CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) if you’re interested in IT Audits. The consulting part of it is something you learn an and engage in during reviews and external engagements. Alternatively look out for trainee programmes, which is usually a yearly recruitment drive. I don’t know how it works in Nigeria, but where I am abroad most audit companies use that to recruit fresh graduates.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by MeineMutter: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
IyaTola:
it's possible if you have any of the following qualifications
ACA
CPA
FMVA
& Less than 25 yrs

FMVA is not recognizable. PwC won’t take that.

CPA may take much of his time and he could have aged before wanting to join any of the Big-4.

Let him first of all start applying for entry level jobs at the firm. Once he gets in, he would be given 2 years to become a chartered accountant and would be supported on his study path.

Alternatively, he can apply and start from similar/lower firms like PKF, BDO, Pedabo etc. They are not really lower o. I only used that word ni o. From there, he can later on join PwC as a Senior or as Manager, depending on good he is and how better he his at his work.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Albertone(m): 2:41am On Dec 13, 2023
Muyiii:

Like I stated, you’ll need to pursue a certification in an audit related field. Mostly like CIA (certified internal audit or) if you are interested in financial audit. CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) if you’re interested in IT Audits. The consulting part of it is something you learn an and engage in during reviews and external engagements. Alternatively look out for trainee programmes, which is usually a yearly recruitment drive. I don’t know how it works in Nigeria, but where I am abroad most audit companies use that to recruit fresh graduates.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Not To Say In An Interview / A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.