Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? (2082 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom / YORUBA - IGBO Fight/unity........analysis And Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by chiagozien(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
Occurstaem:

The Igbos clamouring for Biafra should be cursing Azikiwe everyday and night. But no, it's the innocent they will be hating.

Had Azikiwe heed to the dangers Pa Awo and Saudauna saw about a multiethnic Nigeria, we won't be in this conundrum. He was blinded by tribal supremacy thinking that other tribes were dumb.
We have heard this lies so many times.

Come up with evidence.

And tell us how/why Zik opinion was superior to Awolowo and Saudauna combined.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by raskymonojendor: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
chopnaira:

Times when Azikiwe rejected secession

1st was Ahmadu Bello's threatening secession if the North is not given half of the seat when the 1st republic is created. Azikiwe jumped in with argument on why that should not be. He gave a brilliant speech starting from how he was born in Northern Nigeria.

2nd: Awolowo threatened secession if Lagos was not added to the Western region. The colonial masters ruled against Awolowo. Azikiwe and his NCNC who were pushing for no man's land status were happy and gleefully said that Awolowo and his action group were treated in the language they understand.

3. A year later, Awolowo asked again for a secession clause to be added in the constitution. Ahmadu Bello supported Awolowo saying the regions were different people. Awolowo brought about arguments again using USA and USSR as examples of united countries.

4. After the election, their was no majority, Azikiwe told Awolowo and other smaller southern parties that he would work with them to form a government. Awolowo even offered Azikiwe the Prime minister position. Azikiwe did not show up for the agreed meeting point in the mid west region. He instead headed up north to form an alliance with Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello. Kwame Nkwumah of Ghana was even shocked. Azikiwe said he did it for the unity of Nigeria. The above was the first political betrayal recorded in Nigeria.

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/27/flashback-why-i-opposed-awolowo-on-secession-zik/?amp=1
From Zik himself πŸ‘‡

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was interviewed by the New Nigeria Newspapers

NN: If I may take you on. The principle of what you supported is being vindicated alright. But what actually happened in practice? People say that NCNC was vehemently opposed to the creation of what are now the Cross River and Rivers States. In other words there seems to be a contradiction between principles and practice.

ZIK: That was propaganda. It is wrong. The NCNC supported the creation of Calabar States, Ogoja State and Rivers State but not to lump the three together, because if you do that you will have permanent minorities. Again on the question of secession. In 1953 the NPC under the leadership of my good friend, the late Sardauna, threatened to secede from the federation unless their 6-point proposals were adhered to. I had to use personal diplomacy. We had been personal friends since 1940. So, I saw Sir Ahmadu Bello and prevailed upon him that the unity of this country was greater than himself and myself and the other people too helped so that the North shifted grounds and agreed and so the country was saved. That was in 1953.
"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by chiagozien(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
raskymonojendor:

You are stuck with Nigeria forever. tongue
No amount of IPOB/ESN killing their fellow Ibos will stop it.
You can't bring any evidence but what a hate filled yoruba like you wrote.

You want one Nigeria then stop crying over no man's land.

Even if you mine all yoruba skull we will continue taking over south west.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Usmanovic95(m): 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Na online only online I dey witness this fight offline it is just an illusion.My realest gee na igbo guy, the only time we disagree is when we discuss sport related issues,any issue aside that is always on point like exclamation mark.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by chiagozien(m): 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

As payback we will continue selling drugs to your kids that will make them useless and kill them.

We will import and sell only fake products to you.

We will make money out of you and buy your lands then send you to your villages
God bless your words.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by chiagozien(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
Benwallt:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Are you saying we can coexist peacefully? Igbo n Yoruba verbal exchange is restricted to social media.
But yorubas hunted and killed Igbos in south west during last presidential election.

Dey deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Benwallt(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
chiagozien:
But yorubas hunted and killed Igbos in south west during last presidential election.

Dey deceive yourself.

So, igbos have turned to bush animals to be hunt and kill. Liar.

Name the igbos that were killed in Lagos in the election.

I know of three Yorubas that were gun down and some beaten thoroughly.

Never read any Igbo was killed.

Election is even over tey tey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by chiagozien(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Benwallt:

So, igbos have turned to bush animals to be hunt and kill. Liar.

Name the igbos that were killed in Lagos in the election.

I know of three Yorubas that were gun down and some beaten thoroughly.

Never read any Igbo was killed.

Election is even over tey tey
You know about the three Yoruba attackers that was gun down but don't know about those they attacked.

1 Like

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Emyogalanya: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
Lifestone:

I bought beddings materials from an Igbo nice guy, it didn't even cross my mind that Igbos and Yoruba dey drag online
True and false. Yoruba Muslims fight with igbo real time online. Igbo sees Yoruba christian and don't know the difference
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by spagettiluv: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
chiagozien:

Dey deceive yourself.
list those killed during the election,do not forget to post their pictures as well for evidence.
We Dey wait

4 Likes

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by JagabanB: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2023
vanbonattel:

Hello? πŸ˜‡
Counter just one of the points I made, can you?
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by tsdarkside(m): 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
not realy....

my igbo girlfriend is still with me toghether....
dont take nairaland banters too serious....
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by tsdarkside(m): 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
gidgiddy:

As I always say, we Igbos and Yorubas should never have been put together in one country

I dont know what the British were thinking, they must have known this would lead to disaster

they were thinkin exactly this today....
dont forget when jonathan was still in charge they awaited nigeria to split....they want nigeria to have chaos soo that they can steal easier....

but we managed somehow to still settle our differences....
we shouldnt give them the satisfaction for their corrupt companies to come and rob us blind....
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by gidgiddy: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2023
paramakina202:

Maybe Zik was wrong in projecting and promoting one Nigeria.

He was, same as you unity beggars of today
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by gidgiddy: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2023
tsdarkside:

they were thinkin exactly this today....
dont forget when jonathan was still in charge they awaited nigeria to split....they want nigeria to have chaos soo that they can steal easier....

but we managed somehow to still settle our differences....
we shouldnt give them the satisfaction for their corrupt companies to come and rob us blind....

You mean the Nigeria of today that is poverty capital of the world and amongst the 10 most insecure countries on earth?

We should have disintegrated this failure of a country long time ago and went our different ways
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by 90dbest: 1:09am On Dec 10, 2023
Its affecting them offline, but as usual the cowardly Yoruba is denying, I can't give help to any Yoruba again. Never. They should all die and go to hell
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by FuckYeyeMods: 1:15am On Dec 10, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
Nobody is taking about the hardship in nigeria, everyone is okay, during good luck time economic was not this hard and good luck wanted to remove subsidy alot of people came out to protest, but here now things are hard and the government remove subsidy nobody want to protest.
Is Nigeria really okay with this hardship?
Where is the strength of the youth??
Youth no any strength in any nation. You only do what powerful politicians want you to do. The politicians might be with the government or might be opposing the government.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by tsdarkside(m): 1:33am On Dec 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

You mean the Nigeria of today that is poverty capital of the world and amongst the 10 most insecure countries on earth?

We should have disintegrated this failure of a country long time ago and went our different ways

what now....??

just forcin things today will end in a desaster....
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Lifestone(m): 4:00am On Dec 10, 2023
Emyogalanya:
True and false. Yoruba Muslims fight with igbo real time online. Igbo sees Yoruba christian and don't know the difference
With us in South West, there is nothing like Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba Christian, we are all Yorubas.
Guess what, there is hardly a Yoruba person who do not have both religion as family members and we live happily together.
I have several second cousins who are Muslim and i'm a Christian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by finallybusy: 4:18am On Dec 10, 2023
Christmas dey corner.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Enugurangers: 4:24am On Dec 10, 2023
Lifestone:

With us in South West, there is nothing like Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba Christian, we are all Yorubas.
Guess what, there is hardly a Yoruba person who do not have both religion as family members and we live happily together.
It's in the South West amongst the Yoruba people that you will see a home where the father is Muslim and the mother is christian or vice versa. In addition, out of maybe 4 kids in the house, 2 may be practicing Muslims and the remaining 2 will be Christians.

During Christmas celebration, the Muslims would visit their Christians friends and will chop belleful, and during Sallah festival, the Christians would visit their Muslim friends for food and Sallah meat. I am still marveled at this freedom of association amongst the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by DKM123: 5:39am On Dec 10, 2023
It is a SPONSORED tribalistic h@te propaganda incited by politicians to cause disunity that is ONLY BENEFICIAL TO THEM.

It's born out of the mantra that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"...

When it was Buhari time against Jonathan, there was always an online tribal war between the North and the South. Now it's between Obi and Tinubu, the previous online war automatically ceased and almost non existent and it's now Igbos Vs Yoruba.. Even if you are dull, you will see the pattern.

As a Nigerian politician, you want to be loved by the people cos love is a very strong emotion. People naturally loved Peter Obi everywhere.

But if you are unlovable and there is nothing to inspire people to love you, then your next best tool is hate . It is an emotion which is as strong as love.

So if people hate your rival, then they will automatically and passionately be on your side and that's why TRIBAL HATE is sponsored by these politicians. They pay so much money to create a media hate campaign against the tribe of their rival. You passionately hate the tribe and thus hate the rival and in turn love the politician.

Nigerians fall for it every time this evul strategy is applied even in the smaller elections..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Emyogalanya: 6:48am On Dec 10, 2023
Lifestone:

But the topic is not about how you live in the south nor the faith you practice there. Its about how you relate with Igbo people, my analysis is about how we relate with the different groups the problem is usually fron the Muslims they do thir to show the Muslim north that they belong even traditioalist don't worry much
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Lifestone(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2023
Emyogalanya:
But the topic is not about how you live in the south nor the faith you practice there. Its about how you relate with Igbo people, my analysis is about how we relate with the different groups the problem is usually fron the Muslims they do thir to show the Muslim north that they belong even traditioalist don't worry much
The part am interested in is what I responded to, another person can pick up the others.
By the way, even though I'm not a fan of PBAT, he has votes across religion in South West

2 Likes

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Emyogalanya: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2023
Lifestone:

The part am interested in is what I responded to, another person can pick up the others.
By the way, even though I'm not a fan of PBAT, he has votes across religion in South West
Another off hit again. Pls what has pbat got to do with this thread? Again let me Remind you this topic is about Igbo and yoruba online fight it has existed long before your pbat and will be here long after he has gone out of office and out of life. Is it that you have comprehension issues ? Pls stay on track
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Lifestone(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2023
Emyogalanya:
Another off hit again. Pls what has pbat got to do with this thread? Again let me Remind you this topic is about Igbo and yoruba online fight it has existed long before your pbat and will be here long after he has gone out of office and out of life. Is it that you have comprehension issues ? Pls stay on track
Why is it so difficult fir you guys to have civil conversation without insults, I'm out
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

We are more than ready.

I'm Glad many Igbo people are now active in this section including myself.

We go disturb Una for this Nigeria until the end of days...

Tinubu will end up a monumental failure like Buhari

No reasonable project will be under their nameπŸ’₯

We Igbos will make sure of that

With this your comment you are like people will have to wail to end because tinubu will excel take to the bank

1 Like

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by paramakina202: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

He was, same as you unity beggars of today

It is good that you know our own Zik was the father of one Nigeria and the reason he have his face in 500 naira note and Abuja international airport named after him and several others.One thing I have observed is that amongst the ethnic groups whoever is at advantage promotes one Nigeria,So Zik was promoting one Nigeria because he thought it will favour we Igbos more while others thought otherwise then but today table has turned those who were against one Nigeria are now defenders of one Nigeria while I am certain if Nigeria favours the Igbo nation once again you will drop your bitternes and embrace one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by paramakina202: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Don't worry. It's 100% factual.

Guy,it is 24 hours still waiting for the evidence abi na propaganda as usual?
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Alba3: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

As I always say, we Igbos and Yorubas should never have been put together in one country

I dont know what the British were thinking, they must have known this would lead to disaster
Britain actually planned Nigeria to fail. Pitching together in one country 3 of the top 7 largest ethnic groups in Africa is the greatest mistake one can do. Check every continent of the world nowhere this was done.

The military and their counterparts in civilian clothing finally nailed the coffin by discarding true federalism and 1963 republican constitution.
Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by OfficialAPCNig: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Na online banter. Don't take it to heart. I don't see the banter even stopping 20 years from now.

I still spoke with my very good friend from Enugu 3 days ago. We were roommates for years in school and after university. I recently lent him some money and even told him to forget about it.

Another Igbo friend of mine from Anambra just had a baby, I sent a baby gift of almost 100,000 naira to his baby.

Before Christmas, I have a Christmas food party at another Igbo friend's family from Abia state. Looking forward to the Nkwobi and Abacha that his wife loves to prepare πŸ˜‹

However, I will always come hard on any idiot that comes from my tribe online.
Story

Hungry troll with stoopid lies.

Nkwobi and Abacha during Christmas in ABIA? We would have believed you if you had said in Enugu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Bashing: Has Yoruba/igbo Fight Affected You Offline? by Pristine664: 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
90dbest:
Its affecting them offline, but as usual the cowardly Yoruba is denying, I can't give help to any Yoruba again. Never. They should all die and go to hell

3 million souls of your unfortunate forbears were wasted because of greed and arrogance. Same fate will befall you guys if you continue to be stupid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is This 'arewa Republic' / 15-year-old Nigerian Boy Stabbed To Death In Dublin / Does Buhari Have An Alcohol Issue? Why Is His Speech Slurred And Impaired?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.