Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review (34667 Views)

Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review / Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Chummynoni(m): 5:55am On Dec 15, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

No.

Flashes of nudity & sex.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2023
femi4:
Is igbo language part of the minority

The minority in question is Ijaw language.

Igbo was only spoken in 2 scenes, it was not the main language used
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2023
Chummynoni:
Can it be watched with kids?

Unlikely.

There are a couple of scenes with nudity and such, so, unless they won't be present for them....

The beginning scene, and the scene where Oyin is speaking about the Igbo landing, and then there is a sex scene.

So, it's not quite children-friendly
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:25am On Dec 15, 2023
jaxxy:
I watched a Nigerian movie yesterday smtn I rarely do and I found the move kinda interesting and the storyline quite good and better than what I usually see from Nollywood. The Acting was equally ok bt as a natural core critic is saw a few areas for Improvement in the way some of the scenes where shot.

The movie is called marriage interview.

That's the movie with Eddie Watson and Uche Montana. It's on YouTube, Ruth Kadiri's channel, yes?

It was a nice movie, I agree.
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2023
livenija:
All this nigeria movie reviewer, when u watch d movie now its nothing but trash

E fit be trash to you O.

Different people enjoy things differently, so, this is just me and how I enjoy it.

A lot of people might have a few issues with the movie, but if has received an average rating for the most part.
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2023
freshboi88:
Movie is 4.5/10 to me because the lead guy looks like a baby who just crossed through puberty, having him square off against that Russian bad guy who played his role perfectly didn't make sense to me.. not realistic

Why didn't they get someone who can play the lover boy and tough boy role and would easily fit into both roles without looking out of place.

BTW, the girl in the movie is really pretty, she should grace our screens alot more. As for that adolescent lover boy this should be his last movie.

I just hated the guy, his looks, his role, come match him and that fine girl...dem no match at all. Plus you come thief person daughter for house, u no even see her dead body carry come back.

LOL.

This is not even a valid reason.

He looks the way a young boy is supposed to look, except you expected him to look like the guy who played Boma.

Also, when he squared off with the main villain, he had to distract him to get the upper hand. He didn't face him head on, or he wouldn't have stood a chance.
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by safarigirl(f): 7:36am On Dec 15, 2023
Ekpekus:

I will rate it a 5 (that's being generous)
It reeks something that is unreal...
Klinge a soldier and one of the men caught(the father of the girl) told the soldiers, a boy is the leader of the gang and took the soldiers to his house... who does that?
During the voyage, una pass many countries come reach Cape Verde, dem shoot person throw aboard, bit he swim, survive and found his way to 9ja with an amputated leg...
The white trafficker put you for table to skin you, you ran... he started asking himself for like 3 mins in an enclosed space, "where is he?" Until gas abi na smoke cover he face...
Abeg, make we nor over hype this movie.
1) Who does what? Who lies to soldiers about the leader of a gang? A father who wanted to get rid of the boy distracting his daughter.

During the voyage, they threw Tekena off the ship, we see him holding on to something to keep him afloat. Did you see him swim to shore? No, so, why did you assume he swam to shore with a bad leg and not that he was simply found by another boat/ship and taken to shore? They shot him on the leg, so, he probably just amputated it when he got to Nigeria, which makes sense, considering the leg wound and passage of time.

If you even want to speak on the Cape Verde thing, a valid criticism would be how long did it take them to reach Cape Verde? And how come whatever small food they had on board lasted them that long before they reached there?

*The trafficker didn't ask where he was for 3 minutes, maybe a minute at most. And yes, that scene had some shortcomings, because we still didn't know what that gas was or why it had such an effect on the white guy, but not on Abbey who was unprotected as well. Y
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by AjalaDtraveller(f): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2023
I watched it with my husband. First movie I would sit through from start to finish without pausing. I was spell bound. Its so well done. We both loved it very much
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by freshboi88: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2023
safarigirl:

LOL.

This is not even a valid reason.

He looks the way a young boy is supposed to look, except you expected him to look like the guy who played Boma.

Also, when he squared off with the main villain, he had to distract him to get the upper hand. He didn't face him head on, or he wouldn't have stood a chance.

Thanks for your opinion...
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by livenija: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2023
safarigirl:

E fit be trash to you O.

Different people enjoy things differently, so, this is just me and how I enjoy it.

A lot of people might have a few issues with the movie, but if has received an average rating for the most part.
yh
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Evestar200(f): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2023
sassiemyk:

You mean dead in real life?
Yes.

He died before the movie was released.
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Fxwarrior: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2023
You didn't put Francis Duru among the cast. He is the Oga P that gave them passage into the ship.

I rate the movie 7/10.

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Fxwarrior: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2023
Chummynoni:
Can it be watched with kids?

No. I rate it PG 16
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Acidosis(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2023
Ekpekus:

I will rate it a 5 (that's being generous)
It reeks something that is unreal...
Klinge a soldier and one of the men caught(the father of the girl) told the soldiers, a boy is the leader of the gang and took the soldiers to his house... who does that?

...And the boy set Pere, a captain, loose on the ship, and that was the last time we ever saw him (Pere) on the screen. Pere was so dumb and weak not to have realized the sufferings of these boys or even rendered a helping hand by taking down the villain.

Oh, Pere with his big muscles suddenly vanished from the movie after getting help, while the tiny adolescent actor went all out to take down armed men all by himself. God, abeg. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by shagie07: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
She Was Betrayed By Her Trusted Partner and Lost Who She Love Most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEhR_xKStiQ
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Zool6: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Bigot u think Blood versel is ur local warrior Wakanda wannabe movie fools like you are the once crushing few movies online as reason u control nollywood when in reality there are atleast 5 established Igbo actors or actresses for 1 established yoruba actor or actress keep confining under ur brow roof thinking u are ruling the world the same mistake that reduced most yoruba movies and actors to regional actors not knowing offshore Nigeria like there counterparts ,,,,the Biggest Nollywood deal I'm history Lion Heart bought over 3.8m$ or over 3.5b naira with Oscar nomination have nothing to do with ur yoruba Afamefuna the Igbo movie toping Africa Cinemas since it entry for the past 2 weeks now have nothing to do with yoruba Netflix just listed
Chi Chi Nworah movies Shanty town with almost 28milon hr streaming as West Africa most streamed movies 2023 and just seconds to South Africa movies Unseen across all African movies but when u bigots are listing ur audio grossing movies you carefully skip the once done by none yorubas producers to massage ur rotten ego, only Lion heart gave Gene Nnaji money than producers of five of those yoruba movies combined together you bigot are ranting with

uote author=Obagreatdatoye post=127484182]Any movie without yoruba swag in it now...is zero. To me the movie is scum[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Zool6: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
The movie Blood Versel is Hollywood standard lots of suspense and actions I stayed glued to my screen till end not many movies can get me so glued so many actions especially were the pregnant girl was shot and thrown into the sea ,,,, I give the movie 7.5/10
Charlesplay is obviously raising the bar with Blood Versel ,,
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Zool6: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Unfortunately for those any hater the movie is doing extremely well in one week of it realize it have joined 10 most streamed movies in the world on Netflix rivalling many world top movies that have been there for 2weeks the movie is topnotch only hater say say most of of Charlesplay network movies are Igbo movies like Living in bondage Rattle Snakes, Aki and paw,Glamour girls Nneka the pretty serpent etc he personally tweetsed location
of story is reason he made this one in Nembe language Igbos are hinterland people while the movie is based on coastal he also emphasizes on including other languages into Nigeria movies aside the regular Igbo or Yoruba we always see ,,,Charlesplay have over 13 project at hand ,,The Igbo landing that was heightened on Blood Versel is coming in full movies, JAJA Of Opobo Billionaires Club Hijacked etc are some of his work coming up,,, Charles Okparaeke is biggest name in Nollywood Netflix movies nobody have more movies on Netflix like him
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Zool6: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
Zool6:
Unfortunately for those any hater the movie is doing extremely well in one week of it realize it have joined 10 most streamed movies in the world on Netflix rivalling many world top movies that have been there for 2weeks the movie is topnotch only hater say say most of of Charlesplay network movies are Igbo movies like Living in bondage Rattle Snakes, Aki and paw,Glamour girls Nneka the pretty serpent etc he personally tweetsed location
of story is reason he made this one in Nembe language Igbos are hinterland people while the movie is based on coastal he also emphasizes on including other languages into Nigeria movies aside the regular Igbo or Yoruba we always see ,,,Charlesplay have over 13 project at hand ,,The Igbo landing that was heightened on Blood Versel is coming in full movies, JAJA Of Opobo Billionaires Club Hijacked etc are some of his work coming up,,, Charles Okparaeke is biggest name in Nollywood Netflix movies nobody have more movies on Netflix like him

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Obagreatdatoye(m): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
Zool6:
Bigot u think Blood versel is ur local warrior Wakanda wannabe movie fools like you are the once crushing few movies online as reason u control nollywood when in reality there are atleast 5 established Igbo actors or actresses for 1 established yoruba actor or actress keep confining under ur brow roof thinking u are ruling the world the same mistake that reduced most yoruba movies and actors to regional actors not knowing offshore Nigeria like there counterparts ,,,,the Biggest Nollywood deal I'm history Lion Heart bought over 3.8m$ or over 3.5b naira with Oscar nomination have nothing to do with ur yoruba Afamefuna the Igbo movie toping Africa Cinemas since it entry for the past 2 weeks now have nothing to do with yoruba Netflix just listed
Chi Chi Nworah movies Shanty town with almost 28milon hr streaming as West Africa most streamed movies 2023 and just seconds to South Africa movies Unseen across all African movies but when u bigots are listing ur audio grossing movies you carefully skip the once done by none yorubas producers to massage ur rotten ego, only Lion heart gave Gene Nnaji money than producers of five of those yoruba movies combined together you bigot are ranting with

uote author=Obagreatdatoye post=127484182]Any movie without yoruba swag in it now...is zero. To me the movie is scum
Dumbass.. continue deceiving yourself. My words still stands....if you like go to encyclopedias to bring statistics...it changes nothing ..I have fed you with the truth...but the truth they say is bitter. That's why you are crying like an slowpoke...nonsense !!
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Herbiodun09: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
safarigirl:

1) Who does what? Who lies to soldiers about the leader of a gang? A father who wanted to get rid of the boy distracting his daughter.

During the voyage, they threw Tekena off the ship, we see him holding on to something to keep him afloat. Did you see him swim to shore? No, so, why did you assume he swam to shore with a bad leg and not that he was simply found by another boat/ship and taken to shore? They shot him on the leg, so, he probably just amputated it when he got to Nigeria, which makes sense, considering the leg wound and passage of time.

If you even want to speak on the Cape Verde thing, a valid criticism would be how long did it take them to reach Cape Verde? And how come whatever small food they had on board lasted them that long before they reached there?

*The trafficker didn't ask where he was for 3 minutes, maybe a minute at most. And yes, that scene had some shortcomings, because we still didn't know what that gas was or why it had such an effect on the white guy, but not on Abbey who was unprotected as well. Y

I ll just say you have responded quite well. He probably was expecting part/season 1-10 of the movie. He could ve found his way home in many ways.
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by shumax: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
watched it at the middle of the night too and didnt want it to end. Great movie
Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by FirstFirst: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Please tell me in what language was Oyins singing, and what language were she and her grandmother communicating. That doesn't sound like Ijaw to me. That scene is a drawback.

Most of the actors tried it is not their language.

But Francis Duru did a fantastic job in the mannerisms of the Ijaw man. Even me, an Ijaw cannot do it the way he did.
The elders at the end of the movie are Ijaw, I could hear everything they said without a sub-title

But a great movie. It deserves an AMVCA and AMAA award. This story has not been told in Nigeria before. Highly emotional. Please this is not Home Video. This is by all standards a movie to watch in a cinema
This movie, Black Book, and Shanty Town are my three best for this year.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review by Reussite: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
It's a nice movie. It is sure an upgrade to his other movies: Nneka, the pretty serpent, Rattlesnake, Aki & Pawpaw. I felt it started pretty well but tailed off as the movie went. I know most movies are majorly fictions but I'd still like to watch something believable & much likely to happen.

How were they able to survive on the little they had till they got to Cape Verde which is close almost a month voyage from NGR seeing Mr P never brought them food. We could also have seen believable scenes of them choking & finding air to breathe from the stench that must have come from the bucket of faeces as the days roll by.

The scene that involved the fight between Abbey & Igor was absolute crap & very unbelievable. They almost ruined it all for me with that scene.
What happened to the captain of the ship after he got freed by Abbey? No closure on that.
Why would they make Abbey take on Igor alone & give us an unreal representation of that?✋

I particularly loved how Abbey went back to each of their families to give them money & the shock that followed suit.
I also love the use of Ijaw language as the main lingua for the movie, very different from the Yoruba/Igbo we are mostly used to.

It's a solid 6.5/10 for me.

But yoh I watched an interesting movie just couple hours ago: Breathe of life....a solid 9/10. You all should see that movie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Best Movie Soundtrack(s)foreign/local / #bbnaija: Khafi In Tears Because Gedoni Keeps Distance From Her Since Kim Left / BBNaija: How Viewers Voted For The Bottom 3 Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.