Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,860 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave (30123 Views)

Banditry: We’re Reaping What We Sowed – Bishop Kukah / Dr Unago C. Shege Encourages Young Batists / Amosun: Western Nations Encouraging Japa, Granting Young Nigerians Visas Wicked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by HeadNigga: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

That's what feasibility study is for besides rubber is a tree, they don't graze there, lastly follow who know road
will they allow the trees grow
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:01am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:
Nah who get money dey japa

Besides if I have 5million now, i will just buy land upto 2 to 3 hectares plant rubber tree in 7years i will.be making 1.5m monthly from the produce for minimum 25years and max 35years if well managed. Better than going abroad to uncertainty

Half baked business idea here

Other factors must be considered. Farming in Nigeria is becoming one of the most risky jobs cos of Fulanis herdsmen who doubled as kidnapping Bandits.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Tohsynetita1: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2023
flexyrule:
Wait till you have 5 million. All these analysis na because you never see 5m.

When 5m enter your hand, that's when you'll start feeling as if everybody wants to kidnap you, then you'd start considering how the government can move into your plot with caterpillars in 6 months time or how killer herdsmen or bandits would turn your plantation into their camp..
Just wait till you have the 5m.
We aren't the same now, don't use your way of life to judge others. Am planning a Farming by April next year, and have gotten all I need already. just waiting till that time. Don't think the way you behave is how others do.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by oliverano: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:
He's actually discouraging japa

Op did you failed in English and pass away during secondary school waec?

His statement is more political than anything else. He was on the fence throughout with his speech. Depending on how you view it.

His statement is more like "No problem, go but try come back because we go need you"

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:02am On Dec 10, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Great speech by the bishop.

Bishop Kuka raised a lot of vital points.

He is of the view that if you have the means to Japa,you should,but don't forget your root.

He also encouraged the government to invest more in education,so as to produce more qualified grangduates that will be willing to stay or japa.

He also thanked the teachers,and denounced the notion that teachers reward is in heaven. Please don't forget your teachers.

He also emphasized the important role parents play in molding children.

The fact still remains that if we have a responsible government, nobody needs to be worried about Japa. Infact Nigeria would have been the one enjoying the Japa syndrome through diasporal remittance.

All the government have to do is invest more in education. Train more people, trust me not every youth enjoy Japa. Make the working conditions over here conducive for the ones that will decide to stay back.
pple still de Japa from Canada Germany United States them... Besides to Japa cost a lot except na backyard person wan use
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:03am On Dec 10, 2023
SSpeter:
OK, so with 3M, you will maintain the farm, feed and pay your workers for seven years? When you do a business pitch, do not tell your potential investor that you will be doing another business for your feeding and upkeep, it shows that the funds they are investing is not critical to you

Debunk my claim since you know the business
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Tohsynetita1: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2023
ZKOSOSO:

Other factors must be considered. Farming in Nigeria is becoming one of the most risky jobs cos of Fulanis herdsmen who doubled as kidnapping Bandits.
Na laziness, inexposure, dey do you, there are so many things you can even do in your house which doesn't require you going into any bush. But, whenever someone give idea, na for you people to rubbish am.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2023
ZKOSOSO:

So over 400 rubber farmers in Odigbo LGA in Ondo state are stupid or what not to talk of those in other LGAs and I haven't added Ogun state, Delta, Edo state

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by flexyrule(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

We aren't the same now, don't use your way of life to judge others. Am planning a Farming by April next year, and have gotten all I need already. just waiting till that time. Don't think the way you behave is how others do.
Wish you the very best of luck.

A gentle reminder: make the 5m fess!
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by soccerlite: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2023
He said, “I encourage young people who want to leave Nigeria to please, feel free to leave. The country is big enough. We can assure you that by the time you settle down in the United States of America or wherever you have gone, you will discover that Nigeria needs you.

This statement in its entirety doesn't look like endorsement
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2023
HeadNigga:
will they allow the trees grow

I have not seen herdsmen in the location I cover
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Mayflowa(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

Besides if I have 5million now, i will just buy land upto 2 to 3 hectares plant rubber tree in 7years i will.be making 1.5m monthly from the produce for minimum 25years and max 35years if well managed. Better than going abroad to uncertainty

What you highlighted here will even encourage people to japa. After waiting for 7 years before you start recouping your money of about 1.5m monthly. 7 good years. Have you ever heard of time value of money.

People that japa can save up to 10 - 20m in a year. For 7 year years that is 70 - 140m. You can earn up to 10m/year for that money just by investing in government treasury bond without doing anything. This does not include any salary yo are earning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2023
SSpeter:
what will you be eating for the next seven years after planting the rubber tree
Agbado & cassava morning, afternoon and evening
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Treasure17(m): 9:11am On Dec 10, 2023
Thank goodness I didn't reply just by reading the headline alone cause what follows are rubbish and nonsense.
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

Lol. The best business now to build house for rents in Nigeria. If the money dey
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by soccerlite: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Na laziness, inexposure, dey do you, there are so many things you can even do in your house which doesn't require you going into any bush. But, whenever someone give idea, na for you people to rubbish am.

How many acres did you farm in your house

You planted maize, rice, beans, vegetables, yam in your house

Talk is cheap
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2023
Mayflowa:

What you highlighted here will even encourage people to japa. After waiting for 7 years before you start recouping your money of about 1.5m monthly. 7 good years. Have you ever heard of time value of money.

People that japa can save up to 10 - 20m in a year. For 7 year years that is 70 - 140m. You can earn up to 10m/year for that money just by investing in government treasury bond without doing anything. This does not include any salary yo are earning
By then inflation for don give am wotowoto

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2023
Mayflowa:

There are many investment opportunities you only pick the one you are knowledgeable about. Mine is agriculture why our people are running away to slave for white men the white men are investing in our land and resources and taking dem away to their own country

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Coolgent(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2023
End time Bishop
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

By then inflation for don give am wotowoto

Inflation does not affect agriculture mind you. If I by land and plant rubber on it for 2million, in 8years time it will increase. 1hectare renting a year used to be 250k 10years ago, it's now 1.5 to 2m depending on the rubber age and clone planted
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Tohsynetita1: 9:21am On Dec 10, 2023
soccerlite:

How many acres did you farm in your house
You planted maize, rice, beans, vegetables, yam in your house
Talk is cheap
you are very inexposed, you can do mushroom, snail in your house.
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Tonytonex(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

so people are still making money from it?
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Tonytonex(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2023
Tonytonex:
so people are still making money from it?

Rubber is the most profitable tree crop in the world go and do your research. People only run away from it because of the maintenance stress and maturity age (7years)

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by benjyyyyy07: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2023
Please wherethe lands dey for that price the money dey abeg, na plantain i wan plant
nurey:

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by ayoola648(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

Awesome, but how would you mitigate farmers/ herders clash ?
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by RepoMan007: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2023
DaTruths:
Who did this Bishop support?

Anybody that supported Tinubu but now shouting japaa.

If that person Japaa they will never achieve anything in that abroad till they die!!!
idiot.
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by soccerlite: 9:33am On Dec 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

you are very inexposed, you can do mushroom, snail in your house.

Mr exposed

Is mushroom and snail 🐌 you eat daily

Lolzzzzz

Exposed gutter
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Mayflowa(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

There are many investment opportunities you only pick the one you are knowledgeable about. Mine is agriculture why our people are running away to slave for white men the white men are investing in our land and resources and taking dem away to their own country

I am saying your plan is not good and feasible. If your spend your 5m on acre and rubber plantation, How would you maintain the farmland for seven years or you think you plant rubber seeds and go to sleep? What will you be eating for 7 years until you rubber mature for harvesting? You don't know hunger can kill? Your plan is only good for those that have other money to play with not for a somebody who has do-or-die japa money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by olisaEze(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2023
Dr. Unaneva C Enitin is of a different opinion. Pls remain standing on that mandate, employment into the beans army for 50 million youths will soon commence! grin
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by SSpeter(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2023
nurey:

Debunk my claim since you know the business
I am not trying to discourage you, I am only pushing you to do a detailed assessment of what you want if it is your dream to own a rubber farm. When your goals are SMART, they become achievable. That means you can see it, feel it and achieve it. 7years is a long period of waiting hence you have to be thorough with your calculations and analysis.... between 2018-2022, I have invested about 27million in Agriculture I did not buy land because I was gifted lots of family land. There was never a year the business made more than 2million after deducting all expenses ( including paying myself and the workers). I had to gift the business to my parents and focus on more important things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Tinubu Live In APC Presidential Campaign In Borno / APM, The New ATM In Ogun After 7 Years Of Neglect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.