Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave (30075 Views)

Dr Unago C. Shege Encourages Young Batists / Amosun: Western Nations Encouraging Japa, Granting Young Nigerians Visas Wicked / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Bobloco: 6:05am On Dec 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRp72Gy3V88?si=gfih1u40e1MNYkNm
From 9:0

In a startling turn of events, Bishop Matthew Kukah, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, has expressed strong support for the “Japa” syndrome, urging young Nigerians seeking better opportunities abroad to “feel free to leave” without hesitation.

Delivering a powerful speech at the Veritas University convocation ceremony, Bishop Kukah acknowledged the immense challenges and frustrations motivating young Nigerians to leave the country.

He said, “I encourage young people who want to leave Nigeria to please, feel free to leave. The country is big enough. We can assure you that by the time you settle down in the United States of America or wherever you have gone, you will discover that Nigeria needs you.

And for those you left behind, our hope and prayer is that they will be competing at the same level with you. We have everything that it takes to turn the corner.

While acknowledging the brain drain created by “Japa,” Bishop Kukah expressed fervent hope that the right conditions will be established in Nigeria to allow those who remain to thrive and compete favourably with their counterparts abroad. He emphasised the importance of education in achieving this, saying, “We have everything that it takes to turn the corner. Change is not the change we expect from politicians. It is the change that will come with a big intellectual understanding of the complex nature of this country. So every graduate who walks out of the portals of Veritas will be truly equipped mentally and intellectually to conquer Nigeria.”

Addressing the graduates directly, Bishop Kukah urged them to remain focused and contribute positively to their communities.

He reminded them of their alma mater and encouraged them to stay connected and support the institution’s growth, stating, “Do not forget your alma mater because you are standing on the shoulders of those who have gone before you. Do not forget the sacrifices you have made.”

Turning to the educators shaping the next generation, Bishop Kukah acknowledged their sacrifices and the vital role they play.

He dismissed the notion that teachers’ rewards are solely in heaven, highlighting their importance in the here and now.

He shared a personal anecdote, recounting how a pilot delayed a flight to Sokoto to wait for him, revealing that he had recommended the pilot for his job a decade ago.

He said, “Miraculously, the plane continued to wait and when I got to the aircraft, the pilot was waiting at the foot of the plane. I tried to take my seat and he knelt to greet me. I was quite embarrassed because I had never seen this gentleman in my life. But he said, ‘Well, Bishop, I have to kneel and greet you because you are the one who recommended me over 10 years ago for the job as a pilot’.”

Congratulating the university’s management and staff, Bishop Kukah praised Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ichoku Hyacinth’s leadership and commended the university’s progress. He urged regulatory bodies to expand opportunities for institutions like Veritas University, allowing them to contribute more significantly to the education of Nigerian citizens.

Finally, Bishop Kukah addressed parents and guardians, acknowledging their sacrifices and the increasing role of internally generated revenue in university operations.

He expressed gratitude for their support and assured them of the council’s dedication to Veritas University’s continued development. He concluded by urging everyone to contribute to the university’s expansion, highlighting its potential to advance knowledge and education in Nigeria.

https://leadership.ng/bishop-kukah-endorses-japa-encourages-young-nigerians-to-leave/

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by VicDs: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2023
Who never tire fir the situation of things

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Righthussle: 7:51am On Dec 10, 2023
T
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Bobloco: 8:16am On Dec 10, 2023
angry
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by crossfm: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2023
Hehehe.

Great speech by the bishop.

Bishop Kuka raised a lot of vital points.

He is of the view that if you have the means to Japa,you should,but don't forget your root.

He also encouraged the government to invest more in education,so as to produce more qualified grangduates that will be willing to stay or japa.

He also thanked the teachers,and denounced the notion that teachers reward is in heaven. Please don't forget your teachers.

He also emphasized the important role parents play in molding children.

The fact still remains that if we have a responsible government, nobody needs to be worried about Japa. Infact Nigeria would have been the one enjoying the Japa syndrome through diasporal remittance.

All the government have to do is invest more in education. Train more people, trust me not every youth enjoy Japa. Make the working conditions over here conducive for the ones that will decide to stay back.

129 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Kukutente23: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2023
He's actually discouraging japa

Op did you failed in English and pass away during secondary school waec?

90 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Jestin: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2023
Them nor dey tell person. We get eyes and can see Nigeria has no future

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nurey(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
Nah who get money dey japa

Besides if I have 5million now, i will just buy land upto 2 to 3 hectares plant rubber tree in 7years i will.be making 1.5m monthly from the produce for minimum 25years and max 35years if well managed. Better than going abroad to uncertainty

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by sotall(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
cool
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by id4sho(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
2024, my year of Greener Pasture tongue

Bishop feeling the heat too: Clergys sponsor lots of students under scholarship

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by edlion57(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
How much is japa...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Opanka44(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
Sure.
Nigeria is already gone to the dogs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by BarrElChapo(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
Simple
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by fnep2smooth(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2023
i won Japa too

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2023
APC na disgrace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Mindlog: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2023
If you have the means and wish to.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by nams77: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2023
I'm waiting for the Bulabians to start attacking him.
In the other thread, shettima was saying the rich were a tiny classs.....that was when it dawned on me that the Bulabians are not part of that tiny elite group of kleptomaniacs.
I can't be supporting my oppressors because of #30k stipends while their children are wearing 130 million naira worth of clothes and accessories ( governor adeleke's son).

I really pity all these Agbadorians. It's takes a certain level of stewpidity and depravity to support Nigerians rulers while you the supporter is living in squalor and abject poverty.
Smh. Spit on them!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by 9JAMac10: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2023
Bishop go get married and raise a family without government assistance in 🇳🇬. Funny people Asari dokubo voice

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Themanleshey: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Really Nigerians need to encourage japa , let the government keep fooling their selves that japa is affecting the country.

Are you aware that Nigerians in diaspora contributes billions to the economy yearly ?

With the number of graduates being sent for NYSC every 4 months , you will know that japa is needed .

Where do you expect them to get job , the ones with job are not well paid .

Let the older ones leave and leave vacant for these young ones that are coming .

The older ones will come back in the future and invest in the economy .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by DaTruths: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Who did this Bishop support?

Anybody that supported Tinubu but now shouting japaa.

If that person Japaa they will never achieve anything in that abroad till they die!!!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Demayour: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:

To make it sensational, especially for those who hate reading and like jumping to conclusions.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by ogaontop(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
It's not actually what he said please, This headline is misleading!
He's being ironic.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Nobleou(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Always a true talker
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by GanagiBitrus: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Owo ni kókó... An average Nigerian wants tó japa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by eepeepook: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2023
A man with the country’s betterment in his heart. Nigerians abroad remit money. The government should have no say in the matter.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2023
Great.
You can't beat a child tell him not to cry.
You can't keep unemployed and expect them to stay in renewed hopelessness.
I can't be a doctor and know that I can be paid so much that I can own estates in Nigeria and expect me to stay
I can't be a welder and know that there is a job in the middle east that pays me well enough to sponsor my children in covenant university and expect me to stay
I can't be nurse and know that in Asia I am in high demand with more pay and say don't go.

I will go to where the light is

I will shine

I am a star

Nigeria can not dim it

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by ItisWell22(f): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2023
Naija
Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Kkk777: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:

Exactly. Nigerians don't read. Many just read the topic and jump to comment. Some also read and don't understand and would still make comment along with the topic.

If you are doing fine in Nigeria, you don't need to japa unless if it's by divine instruction from God through His Holy Spirit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave by Inspirer1: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2023
Interesting
Title and content doesn't align

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"No One Can Point At A Single Lie From Me" - Lai Mohammed / 2023: States Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, Kwankwaso Will Win - Governor Ifedolapo / PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.