Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) (25429 Views)

U.S $80m F-35 Fighter Jet Vanishes From Air (Photos) / Boeing Is Taking Responsibility In The 737 Jet Crashes That Killed 346 People / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2023

A U.S. F-16 fighter has crashed into waters in the Yellow Sea off the coast of South Korea, stoking safety concerns after eight U.S. airmen were killed last month in the crash of an Osprey aircraft near a Japanese island.

The F-16 crashed into the sea Monday after taking off at about 9 a.m. from the city of Gunsan, some 180 kilometers south of Seoul, Yonhap News Agency reported, citing sources it did not identify. The pilot ejected and was conscious after being rescued from the sea, it said.

U.S. Forces Korea did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The crash of the Osprey off the southwestern island of Yakushima last month ultimately prompted the U.S. military to ground its entire fleet of several hundred of the aircraft to check for a possible equipment problem that may have been the cause of the accident, according to military officials.

Before the decision to ground the fleet, the Japanese government had called for U.S. military forces in the country to suspend use of the Osprey, which was made by a unit of Boeing and the Bell Helicopter unit of Textron, so that checks could be conducted.

The crash in Japan returned scrutiny to the Osprey, a tilt-rotor aircraft that can take off and land like a helicopter and fly like an airplane. Early years of setbacks and accidents — especially in 2000, when two crashes killed 23 Marines — triggered a major Pentagon review and subsequent design changes for the aircraft that served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Japan Times || Bloomberg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2023
The US has crashed more aircrafts in training this year than 🇷🇺 Russia that is fighting in a war has. More than 10 crashes in just the last 2 months.

🇺🇸 US military aircrafts are flying coffins. World's number 1 🤡 Army indeed.

👍🏻 Like for Russia-Putin, share for USA/Nazi/NATO

112 Likes 49 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by God1000(m): 7:10am On Dec 11, 2023
What's wrong with US military these days

Pilot error is often the number one cause of aviation accidents, but I believe US pilots receive the best training in the world.

Maintaining over 13,000 aircrafts is a big challenge sha

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2023
Flying coffins & tiktok soldiers.. imagine NATO depending on them, na walk over for Russia.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Jorussia(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2023
God1000:
I don't think anything strange is wrong with the us military. What is happening is there is increased training/combat readiness that usually leads to fatal accidents.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Johnycastro18: 7:30am On Dec 11, 2023
See how they will carry out checks on those aircraft to avert future reoccurrence.
A country that values safety.

Atleast this is better than bombing your own people accidentally labelling them terrorist sad

25 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by God1000(m): 7:33am On Dec 11, 2023
Jorussia:
I don't think anything strange is wrong with the us military. What is happening is there is increased training/combat readiness that usually leads to fatal accidents.
I understand that, they have the biggest air force that is engaged in different missions all over the world, but it wasn't like this before

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Racoon(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2023
sad Nigerian Air Force now seems to have a better safety record than the USAF.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Ozommadu: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Flying coffins & tiktok soldiers.. imagine NATO depending on them, na walk over for Russia.

Atleast it didn't land and blow her own people...unlike somewhere in Africa yet the president pretends nothing has happened.

Yeye dey smell

18 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by mcmurphy132(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2023
F

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by mcmurphy132(m): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2023
Us Air. Now a flying corpse

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Bewiseedet(m): 7:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Another crash...

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Hope no innocent fish was killed during the crash😂

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by mascot87(m): 7:55am On Dec 11, 2023
US is playing mind game making people feel they are incompetent. If you know you know.

Update: I made my opinion innocently and f00ls that have never been loved and will never be loved came crying in my comment. I'm not the reason why your parents did not show you love and I'm not the reason for your frustration in life

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 8:21am On Dec 11, 2023
God1000:

Pilot error is often the number one cause of aviation accidents, but I believe US pilots receive the best training in the world.

Maintaining over 13,000 aircrafts is a big challenge sha
is training and possible mechanical issue frm the f16

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by WriterNig: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2023
mascot87:
US is playing mind game making people feel they are incompetent. If you know you know

Making excuses for them as usual.

No mind games here just plain incompetency and inferior technology.

27 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2023
Lol these one na child's play o

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by illicit(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2023
All these expensive toys malfunctioning

5 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Nahunger(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2023
cheesy
Na Nigerian pilot
Check well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by TotoIsGud4boy: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2023
Drills … it’s expected.. Russia and China barely have drills like this then they try to face US in a real combat scenario, very funny … play with fire and you’re about to get burned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by ednut1(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2023
May be deliberate to justify more military spendings. Like 2pac said they got money for wars but cant feed the poor.

8 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2023
Hian...again? America should check inside their team ..make e no be say person dey sabotage them within

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFPgAZN9Jg

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Bliss52: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
Millions of Dollars.... chai

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by Felaincarnated: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
Johnycastro18:
See how they will carry out checks on those aircraft to avert future reoccurrence.
A country that values safety.

Atleast this is better than bombing your own people accidentallyINTENTIONALLY labelling them terrorist sad

2 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by sotall(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
undecided

1 Like

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by rastaLivity: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
mascot87:
US is playing mind game making people feel they are incompetent. If you know you know

Expert mind reader

3 Likes

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by brain54(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2023
Again...

What's really going on?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2023
Okay
I smell sabotage from Putin gang members

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) by dfrost: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2023
Again?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Avoid Lokoja-Obajana Road If You Don't Want To Sleep On The Road For 3 Days / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.