Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm (31666 Views)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers / Ebonyi Rice Farmers Helpless As Herdsmen, Cows Destroy Their Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by RepoMan007: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Comical.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Gmajor(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Na who do us like this?
Lord have mercy.
Is this how we want to compete with other countries in terms of food Production?
God abeg!
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Gmajor(m): 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Okay.
But in what way do you need my assistance? I am presently in Benin too.
Was this rice produced in Edo state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by AngelicBeing: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
lexy2014:

have u embraced agriculture and have u started small?
Hian, you have started again shocked
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Dshocker(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Rice farmers harvesting Rice on their Rice farm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxqTwanyDOw

There is huge returns in agriculture, but insecurity is driving people away.

Some part of the North, farmers are forced to pay levies on their farm produce by unknown gunmen, in some cases, they suffer attacks from herders or kidnappers.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Gmajor(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
Godfullsam:

You said it can be grown anywhere and you are now saying it has to be a swamp area.

Biko, is everywhere swampy areas in Nigeria?

Behave yourself! cool
I think he is implying that if you flood any area with water, you can grow rice on at.
But I may be wrong sha
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Gmajor(m): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

May God bless all Nigerian farmers.
What would we do without them?

We will import like we are already doing
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Gmajor(m): 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
nedekid:

Just as there surviving in Burundi Shey?
Please watch this video and see how the people are "surviving" on agriculture.
Anyway, agriculture not for me sha, maybe as a pastime, for leisure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0gFsHf9cIw?si=CnKP0k4RqGYDfQc9

Lol.
The largest producers of cocoa like Ghana and Ivory coast are not even making a lot from the produce compared to companies outside Africa that transform the cocoa to chocolate

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
It is not the job of the government to focus on rice but that of lazy youths like you that fails to see the big opportunity in the high demand for it and embrace farming.

Kasdat5:
Only if govt will focus of agriculture & leave petroleum.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by steeltrust: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hoping to focus on fish and poultry farming in the future

Agriculture is one of the ways to move Nigeria forward
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by ufotunang: 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
That is nice
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Tareq1105: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Rice Farmers at work

We honestly look forward to seeing bumper harvest now bcoz there was no flooding this year.

The hunger of this year was as a result of flooding of last year.

Nigeria farmer associations are capable of feeding the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by TiffanyJ(f): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
Klington:
tongue

A bag of rice is #62000 as we speak

Buhari scammed his gullible f00lz with rice pyramid nonsense, same thing Ebola is trying to do here
In Kaduna 50kg of good destoned and polished rice is currently sold between 40k-46k.
The Normal local rice if like 35-38k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by investigator007: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nice, this is really lovely to see.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Babathanks(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

We honestly look forward to seeing bumper harvest now bcoz there was no flooding this year.

The hunger of this year was as a result of flooding of last year.

Dy play. Bag of rice in my place is now 60k. You guys should be doing yeye experiments that will never work. Do you even think of our population?. Compare it to how many farmers we have and how many of our land even good for rice farm. You better tell your boss in that aso rock to open that border

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by sylve11: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2023
Godfullsam:

You said it can be grown anywhere and you are now saying it has to be a swamp area.

Biko, is everywhere swampy areas in Nigeria?

Behave yourself! cool

Anywhere that's swampy. cool

2 Likes

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by AfroBeatDiary: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
Oghenechris:
Good day sir my name is Christian please I would need a favor from you I want to go into farming in 2024 am trying to raise small capital but I need a guided am from delta but I stay in Benin I don’t know if you can assist me sir/ma

No one will come to your rescue, start anyhow like me, start from where you are now

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by lascos912(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
yeah
Kasdat5:
Only if govt will focus of agriculture & leave petroleum.
that will be better
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by BennyDGreat: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
coputa:
so that hungry will kill Nigerians,can you drink oil,or you want to use the the oil money to buy imported food

Agriculture can actually put transform this nation.
Many of those old Universities were built with Money from cocoa.... most of those cocoa farms are no more....

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by BennyDGreat: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
nedekid:

Just as there surviving in Burundi Shey?
Please watch this video and see how the people are "surviving" on agriculture.
Anyway, agriculture not for me sha, maybe as a pastime, for leisure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0gFsHf9cIw?si=CnKP0k4RqGYDfQc9

There are a lot of factors that come into play here in Africa.

Ideally, someone with poor access to education will be limited and will continue to do things in a crude way.

Two, if government doesn't play her part as it ought to, it would be difficult for these farmers to thrive the way they ought to.

Three, infrastructure is key to improving the lives of the people. They don't even have power in that documentary....

Many other things add up like corruption, difficulty in doing business...etc

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Honestfrend: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

I'm a breeder myself. You can reach me anytime.
Ok... Can u chat with me on 0912 455 7411
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by XAUBulls: 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by deji17: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
For those giving insecurity as excuse for not farming, how come bandits or herdsmen are not disturbing these farmers?
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by LocalFARMERS: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

The hunger of this year was as a result of flooding of last year

You are very correct

We expect bumper harvest this year.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by LocalFARMERS: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gmajor:

Was this rice produced in Edo state?

No. Kaduna.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
muykem:
Great!!!! Congratulations hardworking youth. Some other people will be on Internet 24/7 shouting poverty, poverty. Where on earth is government distributing money? Agriculture is a great opportunity in Nigeria at moment.

These people still can't become rich with this subsistence agriculture.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by hardcore007: 12:30am On Dec 15, 2023
Make those people from Sahel no come harm these hardworking farmers abeg.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by coputa(m): 4:08am On Dec 15, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Agriculture can actually put transform this nation.
Many of those old Universities were built with Money from cocoa.... most of those cocoa farms are no more....
yes, developing nation like Nigeria should priotize Agriculture to be able to feed the citizens and for exports

America has food affordability
and sustainability for her citizens despite it's growth in science and technology, which they equally employed into the Agricultural sector

As is is now, Nigeria cannot feed her citizens as there's no food sustainability let alone affordability,they prioritize unimportant sectors of the economy and neglect Agriculture.

There should be a policy trust that will make it compulsory for all the 177 local government in Nigeria to have a farm that cultvate crops,
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by coputa(m): 4:11am On Dec 15, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

These people still can't become rich with this subsistence agriculture.

Did they tell you that they want to be rich,is everything in life about wealth,if you can feed yourself and your household are you not rich.
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Kasdat5(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2023
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
It is not the job of the government to focus on rice but that of lazy youths like you that fails to see the big opportunity in the high demand for it and embrace farming.

No let me insult your generations dis a.m ..
Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by Kasdat5(m): 6:00am On Dec 15, 2023
coputa:
so that hungry will kill Nigerians,can you drink oil,or you want to use the the oil money to buy imported food

Is like you dropped out from Nursery school .

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm by TruthsFM: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2023
Nice job from them . We need more cultivation of rice in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pig Farm Journey / Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.